Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is this game good? Pricy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes a bunch of flipcards pop up at the bottom right and say "000000000". What does that mean?

How does the health system work? It's hard to tell with no display. Do I slowly regenerate over time, or only recover if I use a medkit?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But if they're red and and I'm in no danger, will I heal if I wait long enough or should I just go ahead and use medicine?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So far this game seems to be mostly cutscene. Please tell me it improves?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

OK I probably shouldn't kill my father-in-law but he just admitted to being one of the psychotic lunatics trying to continue the War. I really, really don't feel like taking any orders from him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I picked up a guitar and a teddy bear, how do I turn them in to the people that asked for them?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I really want a better revolver cylinder. Is there one on the first map?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The revolver hits harder than the rifle, so it is my choice for a sniper rifle.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've had good luck with just rowing like crazy and serpentining to avoid the shots. Don't kill them if you can avoid it, it's a waste of ammo.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

This pretty much applies to everything in Volga, at least for the first few hours before you've scavenged a ton of poo poo.

Killing bandits is often worth it, you can strip their weapons for more scrap then you spent on the bullet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

God Miller is thick

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does the Shambler do less damage per shot than the Ashot, or is it the same?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Re: spiders as you'd expect, flame capsules for the Tihar absolutely wreck them

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So I just got an upgrade for NVG that I don't have and can't get.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I never found a bed in the aurora. But there are lots of safehouses scattered around.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Has anyone found a use for the infrared laser?

Is there anything to find on the slave ship? Or is it just a good deed?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

haldolium posted:

No. NV is too bad sadly.

I found NV quite useful in the first area. It's useless in the second, the nights are too bright.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Great game so far, but I wish I could bind weapon pickup and loot to different buttons as I keep weapon swapping when I'm trying to loot.

Loot body is press E, swap weapon is hold E. (Strip weapon is hold R).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Takes any ammo in the gun*, takes any weapon mods you need more copies of, turns spare weapon mods into materials.
* if you are full on ammo the excess will be automatically deconstructed

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Spoiler: Miller is real fuckin’ dum

Like, really dumb.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I wish I could disable the nightvision on the NV scope. I can't put a 4x scope on the bulldog/valve/tihar, and I only have one 6x scope. But the NV scopes is too hard to see through.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so whats the story with the goverment bunker. did they all just go canibal or is this commentary on oligarchs. why do they have a bunch of weird inbred fighters.

There's some documents scattered around. The short version is that it wasn't quite finished when the war started, it was full of construction crew rather than government. The food supplies also weren't in place, possibly due to embezzlement. The workers were trapped due to the radiation outside and turned to cannibalism, and later used the radio to lure in refugees. Prion diseases ravaged the population, leading to their cyrrent state.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The way it should work is you click on the picture of the revolver up the top of the screen.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I just got to the desert, what are some guns and mod setups that are real good?

Ashot with stock and double-barrel.
Revolver with long barrel, stock, 6-shot DA cylinder and 4x scope.
Tihar with as many snipy-bits as possible (put the 6x scope on it when you get it)
Bulldog with a heavy stock, long barrel, red-dot sight and a laser.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 28, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Theres a suppressor for the kalash, but I never used it when the Tihar exists and can't be dropped anyway.

I just finished the second zone and haven't seen a hellsing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm manually creating save slots by copy/pasting the savegame folder.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there anywhere to sleep in the third map? just got to the church It's full daylight now and that's going to make sneaking past people way more difficult.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

If you’ve found places marked with a fireplace on your map there should be a bed there.

I have not.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is the third zone a Peter Pan reference?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm a bit stuck now I was told to steal a boat, so I did. Now it seems I need to paddle it through the middle of the enemy stronghold without alerting them. It is not manoeuvrable enough for that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zane posted:

tsar fish is a tempetuous and inscrutable creature. nonetheless: it is man who rules! not fish! i yelled at my computer through those sequences.

Did you kill it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If your mask breaks you can put a bandaid over the hole by pressing 'g'.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It was tutorialised in the intro level.
Your mask unavoidably breaks when you're thrown into the pit

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Shambler is available as soon as you get to the desert.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's theoretically 2-shot, but in practice I just treated it as having an unlimited magazine since it could reload faster than I wanted to shoot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dogen posted:

Ah

My favorite bug is sometimes I put on my gas mask and still pass out and die

Is there a hole in it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ending Why I am still seeing the sparkling in my vision during the scene on the train? That's a sign that you are being irradiated, not a symptom of radiation sickness.

Edit: Also, I really, really don't think Artyom should be having kids now.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 10, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So there is DLC now apparently
https://metrovideogame.fandom.com/wiki/The_Two_Colonels
Anyone played it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I bought it recently and I'm finding it incredibly annoying to navigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I never had a gun break on me.
Maybe because I was paranoid about conserving ammo?