Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

lol due to not being on Steam I almost forgot this existed and came out :D

*downloading*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Caidin posted:

Aw nuts, there's a spider level.

Oh dear. I almost fled the room 2 minutes after starting to play because of those fuckers.

This is great so far. I have slight sound stuttering/volume issues at certain points but otherwise it's terrific.

Despite of what the internet says, I'm also pretty sure "shader rate" in the menu means supersampling and nothing else. That is at least exactly what's happening when I crank it beyond 1.0, the resolution just gets higher.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Is there really no other way no buy this game instead of Epic's awful website that won't accept any of my cards for no loving reason

No. Pre-ordering was the only way to get it on Steam.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Yeah for a storefront, Epic has surprisingly many issues with actually purchasing stuff...

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

CJacobs posted:

I loving knew it. Guess I'm passing on this one too.

I can deal with a lot of spiders by now in games, but when they're done like here, doing exactly the poo poo that triggers the phobia irl, it's almost too much.

But well, gonna power through with the magic of alcohol I guess. Can't let those disgusting (yet vital and great) things dominate my free time.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Locator posted:

This game wasn't even on my radar until I stupidly watched a video showing the gameplay through early Volga last night after work... After watching it I bought it and stayed up too late playing and have just now gotten to the end of where I watched the video playthrough (Krest has joined and I'm about to head off to get a passenger carriage).

I'm terrible at this sort of game so playing on easy and have still died a bunch of times. When the mutant jumps you and you have to press "E" the game really wasn't clear whether I should be hammering it as fast as possible or holding it, so died a few times figuring that out.

In general having a great time and really enjoying the game though, and it's gorgeous. Getting some strange stuttering issues and can't get a framerate monitor or GPU usage monitor to work while it's running so switching to DX11 and will see if that fixes things. Playing at 3440x1440 on a 1080ti and while I don't know what the actual frame rate is, it's perfectly playable if I could get rid of the stuttering that starts up after an hour or so of playing.

I'm getting between 40 and 60 FPS on a 1080 @ 2560x1440 and "EXTREME" preset, MB turned "low" and that supersampling option at 1.0 at DX11.

I don't have "stuttering", but the sound crackles every now and then (which typically happens if an engines FPS drop very low). But FPS aren't affected in those moments. I just turned Discord off, since it lately caused a lot of similar issues and sadly doesn't work anymore without hardware acceleration.

/nah sadly did nothing, but it just CTDed :(

haldolium fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 16, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I just love how Metro is one (only?) game series that tries to be so authentic, that characters just talk over each other. Can be weird and is absolutely counter productive if you want to follow the story and trigger just too much talking at the same time, but I think the authenticity does come through.
Also it's great how this works with scripted sequences. There were now already two scenes in which a long dialogue was interrupted by user action, but you can chose the timing by yourself. Wonder what happens if you just don't intervene at all.

veni veni veni posted:

Metro has more personality in it's pinky finger than most other post apoc games combined. Which is why I keep buying them, even if they can be a little less polished than most AAA games these days.

There is Metro, Stalker and Fallout 1 and 2. Maybe Wasteland, but thats about it.

haldolium fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 16, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

True, RAGE did a good job in that regard. But yeah, Metro has fantastic detail in many areas, a lot of which don't serve much more as to create atmosphere which is rather rare.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Caidin posted:

This game is pulling a fast one with its resource scarcity I think. During a train segment between one region and the next my material stockpile seems to have evaporated slightly. I had over 1000 parts and 800 chemicals and now less the half that.

That kind of sucks. Although if the early stage is any kind of indicator, it's probably not an issue to come by and get stuff. But things like that are still a nogo.

The Locator posted:

The switch to DX11 was a winner. No stuttering, and with graphics mixed between high and ultra I'm getting 80+ fps running my ultrawide in 3440x1440. Game is pretty good even if I'm terrible at shooting. I need an ultra-quiet and accurate sniper rifle.

Thats cool, didn't image it would help but all the better!

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Caidin posted:

This game is pulling a fast one with its resource scarcity I think. During a train segment between one region and the next my material stockpile seems to have evaporated slightly. I had over 1000 parts and 800 chemicals and now less the half that.

Uh, turns out that one is actually explained.

veni veni veni posted:

As a non PC gamer, can someone explain to me why people would rather wait a year to play a game they want, than use a different storefront? I can understand being annoyed by it but it sounds like a 2 minute inconvenience.

because it might not be a 2 minute inconvenience. Security breaches happen all the time, the more places you have your data, the more likely you're going to get hosed. EPIC already had 2 or 3 major ones. And even if that doesn't happen. If you don't use a storefront frequently, it will forget your login, maybe you forget about it and don't have access to your email a year or two later and boom, have fun dicking around for 3-8 weeks with customer "support" and completely strip just to prove that one account you only have the name of is actually yours.

There already are almost 10 different storefronts (Steam, Uplay, Origin, Battlenet, Microsoft and depending if you'd add them Humble, GOG, Discord, Itch.io, probably even forgetting one) for "games as a service" - not to mention if you play both console and PC or want to play some MMO. This is hardly any good for the consumer. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Discoverability, usability... all these issues that Steam is constantly (and mostly rightfully) poo poo upon aren't solved by any of the others.

I don't know if Epic deals are really that good for the game makers, time will tell (in this case for example it's a classic publisher deal, so who knows if 4A games actually gets more money out of it or just Deeps Silver/Koch Media?) - I sure hope so and think that particular thing is really good and benefitial, because especially Steam really doesn't do anything to deserve 30% no matter what. But yeah, it's not really good otherwise just from a pure consumer pov imo.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

drat, the desert just brought my framerate 15-20 fps down to 30, sometimes less :(

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

is there some way to get the question marks on the map to change into something or go away? For example, there is some train wreckage right by the aurora south of the tracks and Artyom marked it with his binoculars when I looked at it, but I can't find anything worthwhile there, and the question mark remains even if I'm standing right over it. Does that mean I need to find something to interact with there?

Yeah. As soon as you find all interactive items (depending on the location) the icon should change. Unless it's a bug.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

I'm getting the railcar back to the group atm and goddamn I am in love with this game. It just nails all the minutia and curated content of a linear game while feeling like an open world game, that also doesn't bog it down with icon hunts and hand holding. This is undoubtedly gonna be on my GOTY short list.

So much. I did expect something, but definitively not a universe of post nuclear russian fantasy that does so many things so well. I just made it out of the spider bunker. It was night when I resurfaced, barley had ammo and no health packs and tried to look if one of the upcoming question marks was a hideout. Sadly the 2nd one was a Batman nest, and he wasn't happy about a late visitor. As I shot it, the bandit camp from like 300m away woke up and started shooting at me.

As I stopped shooting and seeking cover, Batman turned towards them because they were now the noise source. They took him down and lost track of me so I could sneak kill them. The stealth is really awesome. They don't have a hive mind and if you break their LoS and don't make sound, they don't know where you are. This is so much better with the open world now as in the narrow tunnels of Moscow. And the visuals... holy gently caress. They're not even just a show-off. The fact that you can see shadows smoothly rendered from far away enemies, or see their headlights in the dark as well as their cone of light so you can make out where they're facing is just marvelous.

some impressions so far (without raytracing and stuff though, extreme preset, dx11)

A few more:
https://imgur.com/a/TqdlqUq

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For what it's worth, I think the mechanic's tower is one of the most demanding areas (performance-wise) you'll encounter that early in the game.

Definitively not. The entire desert is more demanding as any point in the first area.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

NovemberMike posted:

The easiest way to describe it is that traditional lighting methods are like painting. If you're really, really good you can come close to simulating the way light falls, but even the masters can't get it perfect. Raytracing is taking a photo with a camera, even if you're really lovely you don't have to worry about the lighting being unrealistic.

I think that is a rather obscure way to explain raytracing.

Raytracing is simply the actual physical simulation of photons that we have in reality. poo poo comes from the sun or our pityful artificial light sources, hits a surface, gets bounced off (or not), gets into the eye, colors and objects appear. The difference here mostly is, that so far rasterization needed to fake all that which lead to tremendously great things but also only so far towards photrealism. Things like ambient occlusion for example are just there as an intermediate fake.

Here's a nice film from Disney explaining pathtracing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frLwRLS_ZR0
I think explaining modern lighting in rasterization/games is more "complicated" as raytracing, because the latter is just how light works and the former is some 20+ years artificial and amazing poo poo created by math wizards that kind of needs more knowledge of how images are processed in general.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's why I said "that early in the game."

Oh, misread that then, sorry.

NovemberMike posted:

That's how it works but not what it means for games. The end user doesn't see any of that.

I think it doesn't hurt to know a thing or two about how pretty pictures are really getting on the screen.

haldolium fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 18, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

buglord posted:

I was surprised there was no mention of anti-aliasing because its such a performance heavy option. Also now that im on a 27" monitor @ 1440p, having AA off isn't as bad as I remember when I was on 1280x1024. The benefit of sharper images outweighs the slight blurriness of AA, and gives me like a 15-20fps boost.

Post AA methods are usually pretty soft on performance and Exodus is probably using some sort of TAA that doesn't kill your framerate. I really don't miss that option but sure a few others.

/heres a nice interview for the tech (mainly the things for the new generation) of Metro: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-metro-exodus-tech-interview

haldolium fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 19, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

CuddleCryptid posted:

The more I play this the more I like it, and if this game fails it's due to its marketing more than the game itself.

"Open World Metro" sounded god-awful, but it's kind of a lie? Yes you get put onto largish maps that you cross aboveground and there are side objectives, but that isn't really what "open world" means in the modern age. It's more GTA types that take that now, which means a gigantic continuous map. Here it's far tighter, with the maps being more like levels than anything else, which plays well for this style of game.

Same. The game has a fantastic pace and it's own direction. One reason for that is that you have to discover the map mostly for yourself. It is not a checklist world from the Ubiverse, but an actual immersive environment that gives the descision to the player on what to do or not without artificial pressure in terms of progression systems. You know you'll find two types of ressources and maybe weapon parts which are often redundant. That makes exploration a lot more fun because it's an intrinsic motivation, not an outside pressure because there are still question marks and artificial progression to be farmed somewhere.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Back Hack posted:

E: I found a thermal upgrade for them, but I'm not sure how to turn that on.

Yeah I tried figuring out the difference but there appears to be none or it's super secret how it works. I haven't tried it with the IR laser though.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes a bunch of flipcards pop up at the bottom right and say "000000000". What does that mean?

How does the health system work? It's hard to tell with no display. Do I slowly regenerate over time, or only recover if I use a medkit?

The numbers in the flipcard represent the ingame distance traveled (story only, not actual walked), the thing itself is a save indicator. So when you see it, game has been saved.

Health recovers a slight amount, but not completely. And you can still die from single hits depending on your armor and the enemies weapon. The corners of your screen get a constant blood effect if you're not at 100%. There are I think 2 different visuals for the amount of damage. If your screen corners are fine, then you don't need to heal.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

But if they're red and and I'm in no danger, will I heal if I wait long enough or should I just go ahead and use medicine?

No you won't recover from that and would need to heal. Although except you might die faster, there is no real negative effect from being wounded. You can also sleep instead.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Only the original Metro was more punishing if you wasted that last minute. Last Light and Exodus give enough room when using the filters too early.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Good question. I did run out of filters once, but also ever only looked at the overall time at the crafting bench.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

How many hours have you spend? I'm in autumn now, already clocking 24h due to going slow and enjoying the world.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Locator posted:

How do you see your played time in Exodus?

Steam :v:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I've now finished it with a little under 26h on normal, fantastic game. I truly hope the desastrous storefront stunt from Deep Silver doesn't hurt the sales too much. Despite being removed from Steam, it's sitting there with 85% positive reviews and has over 3000 (for comparison, current FarCry release has 1300 reviews) so maybe pre-orders did save the day for once?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Firstborn posted:

gently caress buying a 1,200$ GPU though.

(Cyberpunk 2077 will have ray tracing, though. gently caress.)

I mean it does look super beautiful without raytraycing. I'd skip this generation anyways and see where all this goes and then hop on the RT train with the updated GPUs. Early adopter market is usually just a waste of money.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Hamelekim posted:

I mean you can't do much more with resolution so lighting is really the way to go now. AMD is on board with ray tracing in the future, Unity and Unreal both are implementing or have implemented DX12 RT in their engines. It makes a meaningful difference in game when done right for immersion and mood of the game.

But yeah, right now it's not in many games and not done in a mature way from a tech and design perspective.

Yeah, lighting and physical interaction/simulation too are the last two major visibility upgrades before computer games hit the uncanny valley too and I'm really happy about nvidias choice to just go there and do it. But I'm still not the early adopter kind of enthusiast for these things and simply find 1k+ way too much for a single component that I personally would primarily use for games. And as it goes with these things, a few years from now when it does become mainstream, tech has already advanced beyond what the 2080ti can handle probably so I'll just wait a bit and look at pretty CG renders when I'm super desperate for hyperrealistic visuals :-)

However I can totally understand if people just want the nicest exp out of Metro. It does look fantastic with the new tech, no question there.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Locator posted:

So I'm stuck, and hoping someone here can help me.

I am in the city after the dam.

In the area after I split up from Miller where we were at the kid's base, I am in a burnt out room with a bunch of glowing mushrooms in the bottom level. There is a switch at the end of the room, but it won't open, and my way back is collapsed so I can't go back to restore power or whatever, and I cannot find another exit from this room. Help?

the valve at the opposed side of where you dropped in is supposed to open the gate next to it. Did you fight the moles?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Locator posted:

You lose your crosshairs when you have lasers... always have lasers. :v:

"less gadgets less problems" :dance:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Fallom posted:

FYI if you find your flashlight has stopped working it's because there's a glitch with the car. You have to get back in and cycle the headlights with F before it'll work again.

It was real fun killing a bunch of spiders with just my lighter.

Do you mean the spiders in the desert?. Because as Hub Cat pointed out, there are other reasons and in particular the 2nd encouter deactives your flashlight on purpose. I tried reproducing that bug since you (?) first mentioned it here but I never encountered the issue myself

Noirex posted:

I really like the fact that there isn't (ending spoilerish) some crazy end game boss fight. It was the right decision imo bc it would make it too' video gamey' for the last area. The heavy atmosphere and story beats was enough to carry the ending through and I'm glad the devs were confident enough to go that way. The previous boss fight like the mutant bear was kinda boring anyway.

I agree. I did hate the bear. Not only because gamy boss fight, but also bad boss fight design. That and the fact that they take all your stuff away mid-game are absolute game design desasters. Never take away the players stuff, and don't do boss fights with invincible enemies that then run away after a certain damage threshold or die scripted. However all the great things they did otherwise made up for those two. Also the crossbow was kind of nice at least

The Locator posted:

Lasers are cool. Always be cool. :clint:

E: Now that I've actually finished a game, I might start again and play on a non-easy difficulty setting and see how far I get. Or I might not... I'm not huge on repeating games, but I know I missed a ton of notes and postcards. Hell, I didn't know postcards existed until I found one by accident in the 2nd area.

Actually yeah I agree. I just like that they've put that line into the game.

haldolium fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 22, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

space marine todd posted:

I loved the first two Metro games, but what I really want is something like STALKER in terms of open-world exploration and surprises. Does Exodus scratch that itch?

A little bit. Overall Exodus reminded me more of Half-Life² and Mad Max with the core gameplay of the known Metro games. Given that Metro and Stalker are not too far apart in general, it naturally brings some Stalker to the table. However Stalkers overall exploration and world building was more gritty and melancholic imo as Metro Exodus is. It does however bring things the first Stalker once was supposed to have and then didn't get: driving and a living world with animals and monsters roaming and interacting with each other.

So depending on what you're looking for exactly it might be for you. It's at least very close to Last Light in terms of gameplay mechanics.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

Has anyone found a use for the infrared laser?

No. NV is too bad sadly.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

I found NV quite useful in the first area. It's useless in the second, the nights are too bright.

I think the desert made out a major part of my playtime. And since the game takes the equipment away in the following part, NV can't really shine.

Even when disregarding it's brightness issues with tiny light sources, the lacking contrast and therefore depth made it less useful to me.

Also since the laser is otherwise invisible, it becomes a much worse option. Should have the option to add IR on top of red/green for convenience imo.

/I'm now wondering how much the difference between RT GI and standard is for the NV

haldolium fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 25, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Back Hack posted:

Cannibalism can cause diseases that can have drastic on human brain chemistry and behavior. A lot of the big ones are pretty similar to rabies.

These things. So yeah, it's not too far fetched

New patch with "misc" and "other" fixes out

quote:

Update 26th February 2019

Build numbers:

Steam build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 1.0.0.2
Steam Store/exe version – 3586168

Patch Notes:

General Stability improvements
Improved performance for integrated video cards
General input responsiveness improvements
Fixed various issues with general saving system
Fixed other general issues

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Agreed with the weapon setup. Pistol-Sniper and Pistol-Shotgun are good for the desert.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Had a few crashes on the 1080 too, but nothing reproducible. Worked without any mid-desert till the end. Also with the driver before the specific Metro driver.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

toiletbrush posted:

I wish this game made it easier to compare weapons without picking them up. There's a bunch of times I've picked up a weapon to test it and the one I swapped it for got put down in a random location that I possibly can't get to.

Still loving it though - there's so much attention to detail in terms of how people respond to your actions and handle you doing things out of order. They've also conveyed a horribly lonely and hosed up world so well that every light on the horizon looks like home and even coming across bandits is pleasant cos at least they're human and maybe we can make friends.

Ignoring the fact it's not a proper RPG this is exactly what I wanted Fallout to be.

Identifying the weapon and parts and body is the key, but the only description for those is at the workbench. I never found it useful to pick up entire weapons. Just strip them and then check your workbench for new parts. And also test new bodys there rather than in the field.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I had the impression that in those scenes it was on purpose, since they don't finish their sentences sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Huge patch was released today.

quote:

We’re very happy to announce the release of the ‘Ranger Update’ - our first major patch for Metro Exodus, for all platforms. This is a significant update that adds a host of new features, makes improvements across the board and addresses numerous bugs and issues.
We’d like to thank our players for your help in identifying these issues. Our goal has always been to ship the most polished product we can at launch, but we humbly acknowledge that some things can slip through even the most thorough QA. Thank you again for your patience and support.

The ‘Ranger Update’ is approximately 6 GB in size and is available to download now. Full patch notes are below

please note:

Level specific content fixes or changes can only be fully applied to a level when it is started from the beginning either through natural progression, or the chapters menu. If you try to load an existing save within a level, the updates for that level will not be applied to that existing save. Updates will apply to all subsequent levels progressed to with that save.

RANGER PATCH NOTES:

IMPROVED CONTROLLER RESPONSIVENESS
We’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset – if you are mid-game you will need to manually select this from Options > Controller > Sensitivity to see if you prefer this adjustment.

This 4th preset has a new algorithm which treats its sub-settings different from other presets, in order to further address certain responsiveness complaints. It also contains improved aim assist and controller dead zones per platform.

PLATFORM SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENTS AND NEW FEATURES

PC SPECIFIC
Added DualShock and Steam Controller support
Added Aspect Ratio option to Video Settings Menu to fix issues with Monitors/TVs that falsely report supported Resolutions/Aspect Ratios to the game, and the picture was subsequently stretched. Like with some Ultra-Wide, or Square Monitor users.
Disabled Pause during Benchmark runs
Improved DLSS image quality further
Improved Stability with RTX enabled
Fixed Attributes for running the game in Safe Mode
This mode reduces all settings to ensure maximum compatibility in order to run the game in case a bad shutdown was detected. Like Windows Safe Mode, the purpose is to mitigate startup issues due to Hardware or Data issues and to allow the user to get to the Main Menu and start Troubleshooting.
Launches game with the following settings: Resolution 720p, Quality Level Low, Tessellation Off, RayTracing Off, DLSS Off, Shading Rate 1, DX11, Hairworks Off, Advanced PhysX Off
Fixed random crashes or infinite freezes leading to BSOD during initial Watchmen attack
Fixed random crash during the Introduction sequence with specific video settings
Fixed Input Lock if the Player uses Alt+Tab when shooting certain Weapons
Fixed Eye Adaptation issues with RTGI enabled
Fixed Lighting in the Church in Volga with RTGI enabled
Fixed Lighting in the Aurora interior on Caspian with RTGI enabled
Fixed Lighting at the start of DeadCity with RTGI enabled
Fixed Aim Zooming issues with RTGI enabled
Fixed Shadows in the Slave Camp on Caspian with RTGI enabled
Fixed bug when half of the screen becomes black after changing Video Settings with DLSS enabled
Fixed bug with brightness when using DLSS and HDR
Fixed bug when DX11/12 is not applied properly when running the Benchmark
Fixed bug when Photo Mode and Pause were used at the same time
Fixed bug where Auto Detection of Video Settings didn’t work on first launch with certain hardware
Fixed bug where the Flashlight is black in Caspian
Fixed several Characters' Hair flickering with DirectX 12 enabled in Summer
Fixed Main Menu and Diary in 21:9 Aspect Ratio and Ultra-Wide screens
Fixed Shadow flickering in Caspian at the Water Pump.
Fixed Shadow flickering on Yamantau in the Feast scene.
Fixed game hanging if Audio Device is disconnected
Fixed incorrect Prompt displaying and Dismantle not working in Workbench if Key Binding changed

GENERAL PERFORMANCE, BALANCE AND GAMEPLAY OPTIMISATIONS
General Performance improvements
General Karma system improvements
General Localization fixes and improvements
Added Automatic attachment (Highest Rank Magazine) for the Valve in Caspian and Taiga
Added additional limitations for Photo-mode in some cut scenes to prevent issues
Added additional Volume Slider specific to Voice Over Dialog in the Options Menu
Changed Cost for cleaning weapons in Reader difficulty to free
Disabled Melee Kill/Stun during combat in Hardcore difficulties

CRASH / BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
General Stability improvements
Numerous crash dumps have been fixed on all platforms. Only listing a few here, thanks for helping!
Fixed possible crash when infiltrating the Base in Caspian, leading to corrupted save file
Fixed random crash upon loading a checkpoint after meeting certain conditions
Fixed random game crashing in the middle of free roaming the map near the end Caspian
Fixed random crash when picking up shotgun ammo in sunken village on Volga
Fixed random disappearing Ammo/Loot after loading checkpoint
Fixed Auto/Quick Save initiating a write at inappropriate times, creating a blocker
Fixed Auto/Quick Save feature availability at certain spots in Volga
Fixed Auto/Quick Save issues after sequence with Lightning at night in Volga
Fixed Auto/Quick Save issues if the Player falls to death at the end of Volga
Fixed Auto/Quick Save issues with Artyom's outfit in Volga after loading Winter save
Fixed Input Lock if game is saved during a Melee Kill/Stun
Fixed Input Lock if Player uses empty canister near the generator at the power puzzle in Volga
Fixed Input Lock if Player opens the Backpack next to certain doors on Caspian
Fixed Input Lock if Player exits the Trolley when it attaches to something in Volga
Fixed Input Lock when swapping Helsing with Tikhar
Fixed Input Lock when Player tries to pick up an item shot with an Explosive Bolt at the same time
Fixed Input Lock when Player enters the Pause Menu right after QTE with a Female Aqua
Fixed Input Lock when Player is pushed into the Workbench by NPCs
Fixed Input Lock after loading last Checkpoint near the Train Depot in Volga
Fixed Input Lock after frequent drowning in water
Fixed Input Lock and Death Menu activation failure if Player dies right before throwing a Knife
Fixed Conditional Blocker in Caspian where user is able to climb up the cliffs to the Lighthouse
Fixed Conditional Blocker in Taiga where Player could get to Boss Arena without starting scene
Fixed Conditional Blocker in Dead City after drowning near the Pier with the second Boat
Fixed Conditional Blocker where Player might get stuck between Idiot and a door
Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck on a Ladder
Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck Crawling under walls
Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck in the Church Dining Room in Volga
Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck after leaving the Railcar near the Depot in Volga
Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck in the Elevator in Volga
Fixed cases where the Player can drive through NPCs and then get stuck in Caspian
Fixed cases where Damir could get stuck in the Oasis in Caspian
Fixed cases where Miller could get stuck in the Pit in Dead City
Fixed bug with Color Contrast if you set HDR option in game to OFF under certain conditions
Fixed bug with white screen after starting cutscene on Taiga
Fixed bug with boundary collisions, so that Player can't leave playable area, in Volga and Dead City
Fixed bug with terrain collision when exiting the Car
Fixed bug with terrain collision when walking with Miller in the Collector
Fixed bug with NPCs entering cover incorrectly
Fixed bug with arrow at the start of Taiga
Fixed bug with parts of the Backpack twitching through the camera on the Workbench in the Aurora
Fixed bug when Player stands up in wrong direction after Demon drops Player
Fixed bug when Player can walk under water after exiting the Car while falling
Fixed bug when Player remained alive after dying in the water
Fixed bug when Player got teleported to the Car if he left the Car while hitting someone
Fixed bug when Krest appeared after the second Briefing in Volga with wrong VO and animations
Fixed bug when Nastya and Yermak didn't allow Player to pass after a Briefing
Fixed bug when Idiot was missing a line of Dialogue while coal stoking in Spring
Fixed bug when NPCs don't ring the bell after the discovery of a corpse
Fixed bug when NPCs were freezing and didn't shoot in combat
Fixed bug when NPCs in Volga couldn't hit the Player
Fixed bug when NPCs that are dead can stick to Player after QTE
Fixed bug when Flashlight couldn't be used or charged after certain actions
Fixed bug when Flashlight sometimes controls Car lights when you are not in Car
Fixed bug when killing a Demon on the ground throws him into the air
Fixed bug when Boat boarded by Aquas multiple times eventually becomes unresponsive
Fixed bug when Bridge guardians couldn't kill Player.
Fixed bug when Map markers remain on the screen when using Photo Mode with Map in hands
Fixed bug when Sniper in Port doesn't shoot at Player at close range, in Caspian
Fixed bug when reaching the Lighthouse from a specific direction breaks NPC detection, in Caspian
Fixed bug where NPCs were still spawning after surrendering in the Port in Volga
Fixed bug where NPCs are running in the air during combat
Fixed bug where Player gets too much fire damage near Train Rotator in Moscow
Fixed bug where Player could run through the room with hot steam without dying
Fixed bug where Player could break final scene in Volga using a Molotov
Fixed bug where Player could kill Watchmen at the same time as a QTE begins, creating issues
Fixed bug where Player could not break a Lamp with Melee Attack or the Knife
Fixed bug where Player couldn’t be killed by Shrimp during Catfish presentation
Fixed bug where Player could jump off the Bridge not die
Fixed bug where Weapons appear overheated in certain scenes
Fixed bug where Weapon SFX can lag during combat
Fixed bug where Game Difficulty remains set as previously selected one
Fixed bug where textures loading in randomly during combat
Fixed bug where part of an NPC group surrendered but another part is in combat
Fixed UI text for Xbox Adaptive Controller
Fixed UI bug when fully broken Gas Mask is shown partly fixed in Workbench
Fixed SFX for small Spiders on Player hands
Fixed SFX lag during spin stop for Gatling
Fixed SFX for Stepan playing the Guitar in Spring
Fixed SFX of the Melee Kill/Stun of prone NPCs
Fixed Camera tilt when Player hit various objects with the Car
Fixed Camera сlipping through Players body when entering Car from the right door
Fixed NPCs running through walls near the Gas Station on Volga
Fixed NPCs failing to react to the Player in Moscow during stealth
Fixed NPCs playing wounded motions in the air
Fixed Animation for Humanimal ambush scenes
Fixed Animation of breaking Locks with a Revolver
Fixed disappearing geometry in Moscow Depot
Fixed disappearing geometry in some areas in Taiga
Fixed disappearing geometry after returning to the Cave under the Lighthouse in Caspian
Fixed dead NPCs tearing apart at Car Wash in Volga
Fixed dead Spider’s reactions to light
Fixed Shadows for Trees in certain situations
Fixed Shadow flicker issues throughout
Fixed Millers beard in the Hospital scene of Moscow
Fixed Player Journal to display all Articles
Fixed combat music in first Station section in Dead City
Fixed Storm texture streaming at the beginning of Yamantau
Fixed incorrect Weapon hold in first scene in Caspian
Fixed visibility of Rail sections on terrain in Volga
Fixed Object without a texture at the very beginning of the game
Fixed Nastya's skirt in the start scene of Dead City
Fixed VFX for snow covering Monsters
Fixed random disappearing Bandit Car on Caspian
Fixed Skipping of Intro Video after launching it from Chapters Menu.
Fixed Helsing becoming invisible after picking up Railgun in Kirill's Vault
Fixed detached NPC weapon in the final scene of the game
Fixed broken Flashlight/NV if the Player opens the Map while driving Car
Fixed case of visual issues and frozen NPCs in the Cave on the way to the Lighthouse on Caspian
Fixed abrupt, incorrect Camera movement during cutscene in Dead City
Fixed various floating Objects and Characters throughout
Fixed Weapon aim (hold) interruption by Melee Attack
Fixed incorrect Loading Screen when starting from the Chapters Menu
Fixed random flying Map while using Backpack
Fixed timing issue when checking the Radio
Fixed various issues with the Car Steering Wheel becoming detached
Fixed incorrect Prompt in Workbench Menu
Improved Animations in scenes during Summer level
Improved Miller's snow walking VFX
Improved Lighting on Institute roof in Dead City
Improved Lighting during night storms in Caspian
Improved Spawning logic of Watchman groups
Improved Boat animations
Improved Player detection by NPCs in alert state
Improved Player feedback for cleaning Weapons and repairing Gas Mask
Improved Diary UI visual
Improved Bandit reactions in Caspian
Improved Demon behavior in Caspian
Improved NPC animations in transition to alert state
Improved abrupt changes of weather

FULL UKRAINIAN LOCALISATION ADDED
We’re proud to offer full VO and Subtitles for Ukraine, the country where 4A Games was born!

And that’s the lot! Thank you again or your ongoing support, the team at 4A Games will continue to work on future updates and we’ll be able to share our DLC plans for Expansion Pass holders in the near future!