Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also just finished. Definitely a flawed masterpiece.

gently caress the last boat sequence. Artyom the sewer worm janitor, ugh. Not difficult just annoying and slow.

Also Iím a little mad at getting the shambler and then the good bits for the shambler so dang late in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I too lulled the admiral with sweet tunes.

Kibayasu posted:

You donít get the 20 round box until the dead city but you can find the 10 round magazine in the desert.

Ugh, missed the mag in the desert somehow. I actually found it in the dead city, after I had the box.

But I mean yeah you get the shambler early in the desert in crappy form, and by the end of the desert itís usable, but honestly by then a lot of your fighting is done (I killed the bandits in the forest with the crossbow because obviously thatís what you must do).

Dogen
May 5, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

The railgun attachment is hopeless since you get it like an hour before the end of the game and there's nothing worth shooting with it except those leeches I guess.

Well itís also great against the few nosalis hordes you run into. I pretty much used it to the exclusion of everything else after I got it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah the carbine revolver is the king of the early game

Also the Ashot with the heavy grip (no stock) looks rad as hell

But I want my clip loading shotgun, damnit

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Maybe thatís the difference if it works like previous games. Iím playing on HC and havenít had a problem with the shamblerís damage.

I also have loving memories of the Azbat

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It would not accept any overclock on my 980ti at all. Took me a while to narrow that down because it kept hardlocking in the same place near the start so I was thinking it was one of the settings. I rarely have games crash on my normal OC and never had one crash on my slightly more conservative OC.

Other than that, surprisingly stable.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Quad is kinda pointless anyway.

There is no 4x Tikhar scope, itís on the sniper equipment scheme for whatever reason.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

One of the other characters makes fun of this at some point in the game. ďDonít worry about Artyom. He is built like tank! Listen to him walk!Ē

Dogen
May 5, 2002

ZeeBoi posted:

And thereís other sound bugs like constantly hearing my heart beat like Iím injured but Iím not...

Sprinting and running out of stamina also causes this.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

ZeeBoi posted:

I was doing none of these things, it was during the cutscene on the train after you escape the radio jammer location (i just started playing this game, can't you tell?), and then continued for the entire gameplay sequence where I had to blow up the super armoured train.

Ah

My favorite bug is sometimes I put on my gas mask and still pass out and die

Dogen
May 5, 2002

No! As far as I can tell it happens if I like, flick the lighter at the same time, or do something similar. If I try to do anything too near in time to gas mask putting on, it messes up somehow.

I know to tape up my mask if it gets too messed up and I canít get to a bench

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The Lone Badger posted:

Ending
Edit: Also, I really, really don't think Artyom should be having kids now.

I mean, could he even?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

ZeeBoi posted:

it happens on the train too, though :(

No running on the train!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Zzulu posted:

I felt kind of bad killing the Tsarfish because it spent that entire section of the game eating mutants for me. Oh well, I will see you in hell giant catfish

Also I fell in the water and a lobster ate me :(

I was trying to explore the southern part of the map before that section and he would not leave me the gently caress alone so I was very happy to kill that fucker

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You can always pick weapons up off the floor. I didnít bring a shotgun to the terminal and it wasnít fun.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah probably the number one thing I missed was trudging through metro. I think thatís what made the final sequence extra annoying was that I was kind of happy to be back in it and then the gameplay was super lovely.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I mean like, how many gross spitting slugs do I gotta snipe off a wall

Dogen
May 5, 2002

buglord posted:

It just sorta breaks the pacing. There's a lot of urgency near the end, and there's this level of excitement building as the final stretch of the game opens up. Then you gotta shoot slugs who will otherwise jizz you to death. The slugs weren't hard, just this tedious series of bumps on the road.

Yeah this. Also it was EVEN SLOWER because you are in a slow rear end boat that you have to start and stop rowing periodically to shoot from. Like maybe if it was walk a few steps, shoot 5 things, repeat it wouldnít have been so memorably bad.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You could just avoid those fuckers.

Sure, I would have liked more carting but it was like the one stop to get the quad barrel really. Which then there isnít a use for.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 16, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

She actually killed the guy for me, it was the second time Iíd done that setpiece. The first time she didnít and bugged out. Iím not sure what the difference is?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Maybe she did kill him, I was shooting with a scoped Kalash which is a bit unstable to use over that distance, so I assumed I shot him with a stray headshot or something.

The first time she definitely didnít manage to kill him and had some dialogue saying she was bailing. I wound up going up the stairs and he has some specific ďuh ohĒ dialogue that you get when youíre a ways up.

Second time she definitely said something like ďgot you bastardĒ and I cautiously went up the steps but dude was dead.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yes and yes

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah I think leaving Saul alive can be one part of the puzzle but if you donít want to youíre fine if you free other slaves/donít hurt slaves/help Giul.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Swap for a gun on the ground and forget to take the mods off the gun you put down.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Itís easy to because I think you have to sleep at that one specific spot (as well as letting him live).

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Itís like mister burns and his balancing act of diseases.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

All their past DLC has been great although that was before the publisher switch.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Base game is $20 and game with expansions is $30, if you've been on the fence

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I have been playing this again, I got a 2070 super a bit back and it's like a completely different looking game now. It looked pretty good before, but jeez. I can turn up all the options and still hit 60fps on 1440p. I guess we'll see if that holds up when I get to a big wide open area, but some of these wide shots of Moscow would be intensive, I would think. But anyway the DLSS mostly looks ok (I have been able to really spot it on transparent curved objects) and the ray traced lighting is good. It's not as impressive as control but still neat.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The Kshatriya dlc was good as hell so I hope this lives up to it

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I donít remember the original 2033 bourbon kidnapped encounter well enough to know if you can stealth it fully, but I do know you can silently kill a couple guards and get to the next door which then sets off another, shorter fight I think.

Killing someone with the throwing knife is definitely more of a crap shoot in non redux.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Iím not always setting things on fire so

Thereís your problem

Dogen fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 17, 2020

Dogen
May 5, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

When I was replaying them recently I thought the graphics in 2033 held up slightly better than Last Light which was weird. Only with certain parts though, some of the outdoor stuff in LL looks kind of rough now. Also, I was surprised to find that I liked 2033 just as much as LL, when my memory of LL was that it was a much better game.

I think with the qol updates of redux 2033 is a better game honestly.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

You kept pissing off the Librarians didnít you.

I mean, be quiet, youíre in a library, geez

Dogen
May 5, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been playing through Exodus on Game Pass but I actually don't like it being open world. I preferred the linear style or smaller tighter level in that one LL dlc. It feels kind of aimless most of the time.

The desert in particular is unfun, I was ok with the rest of it but yeah I feel like Metro is at its best stomping through atmospheric tunnel settings and occasionally going outside.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Huh weird I didnít have a problem with the amoebas.

The rail car section sucks though. Partly learning from repetition and honestly some luck I think.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It bugs me that the DLC uses visuals from San Francisco but audio about San Diego. Like they keep showing Golden Gate and Alcatraz but then are like "oh yeah San Diego, the sister city of Vladivostok"

Also I liked the new AR. They should back port it to the Exodus campaign somehow because it would be great in the wide open areas.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah that ending is very telegraphed if you listen to building brotherís whole spiel.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Just set the dialogue to Russian

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I really hated driving around in the desert but I liked the other hubs ok. Also the game to me does shine the most back in its very linear spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Looks good so far, have stuff on RT/quality settings (including DLSS) on a 2070 super and it's doing ~60 at 1440. Honestly I wonder if they changed up the engine some, I've only been in a couple gunfights so far but they seem to handle better. It's been a while, maybe just my memory of it being clunky is blurring with the other games.