Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also how sensibly most of the desert is VERY BRIGHT now, not suddenly dark two steps away from a door. I really enjoyed replaying it on PC, except for the loving caspian which can still eat my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I hosed that bear up on ranger hardcore because I knew it was coming up this time around. I think it follows the “enemies take more damage also” logic that most enemies do but not 100% sure. Still took more than a few molotovs.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Puddle yes, but I’ve about run through a couple mags on a well outfitted regular kalash and not had a problem.

Other guns ymmv

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Uh they shouldn’t be armed and hostile by default except in the set pieces at the church and the bridge. Don’t kill anyone in those at all.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Maybe the return to Moscow will have a different protagonist who can talk. Probably not though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It also feels like the Soviet Union never fell?

Mordja posted:

Am I misremembering, or was it an alternate universe scenario, where the Soviet Union never fell, and the Cold War went Hot in 2013.

I don’t recall them ever explicitly saying this but it’s how things feel

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You get a different weapon for that slot later, but it and the Tikhar are your only choices in that slot

Dogen
May 5, 2002

One of Britain’s aces in WW2 had lost both his legs. He was less susceptible to blacking out in high g turns.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yep Two Colonels is just a fun linear side story

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Two colonels one metro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

He’s UNDER Russia