Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I read there’s some pretty bad dead zone/controller lag on consoles. Is this just a ps4 issue, or do you all on Xbox have the same problem? That kind of problem can really muck up an otherwise good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

toiletbrush posted:

Bought this last night on PS4 and absolutely love *most* of it. It looks gorgeous, the setting's really well done and I really like the attention to detail. There's hefty does of jank and then guns have a weird, total lack of recoil which makes them feel a bit goofy, but it's not bad enough to put me off.

But the input lag is horrendous - firing, aiming and turning have at least half a second delay for me, and makes aiming totally impossible. Is there a decent chance it will get fixed?

I’m waiting until my day off to start playing this but I’m worried about this input lag on the Xbox one x as well. I am bad enough already aiming with a controller! If it’s like Last Light, it seems to be more of a choice to make your movements feel more “in-character” ie weighty and like it takes time to ads. I also wonder if games like Apex and such have just gotten us more accustomed to very fast and smooth responsiveness.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/metro/comments/aug5kp/anyone_else_realize_how_fucking_lonely_they_are/?st=JSKI8RNX&sh=98f57b07

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just got out of Moscow on the train. I think with the recs above I’ve gotten the controls as good as they can get on the Xbox. Is there a way to make the voices stand out more? Super weird how they’re either washed out in the background or everyone’s talking over each other. I take it there’s no FOV slider either?

What am I doing when I press B? Is it removing the single round in the chamber of a dropped gun? Seems weird.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh, that’s rad! This game is astoundingly gorgeous on the bone x.

Looking back I think I missed a bunch of journals in the tutorial mission, I only found two. I notice that pickups or collectibles don’t flash or anything, you have to be really careful to find them. I hope I didn’t miss anything good. My understanding of the beginning plot is that the NATO forces were going to continue to destroy Moscow, so they put up the hammer to make Moscow look like nobody survived and it was a wasteland? And it was run by the Hensho(? Who?) and Anna’s dad was in on it but kept quiet out of respect for stability?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The new patch is for consoles as well? The ammo scarcity, general tension, and just the incredible amount of detail everywhere you look is making this extremely good. Just drat is this a good survival shooter.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Fuuuck that Terminal. I can’t play this with headphones anymore. But finally rolling out of there in the car, mask nearly shattered, running low on ammo, and only 2:00 of filter left was truly a feeling. This game owns.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’ve just been listening to the dialogue for as long as I’m comfortable and then walking away when I’ve had enough. They can keep talking all they want but I have creature darkness to go deal with.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The ARK had me up until 2am, I knew something bad was going to happen but I did not expect that. After a long time sneaking around villagers in the Volga, it was pretty rad to have a breakneck firefight trying to escape just blasting fanatics with my A-shot and throwing grenades down hallways.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Only thing so far that’s irked me is this game hard locks a lot on Xbox one x. Usually only while someone is talking. Never during normal gameplay.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just got to the desert, what are some guns and mod setups that are real good?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I did all the good things in Volga, but really haven’t found the obvious people not to slay in the Caspian yet. Is killing all these Thugs and slavers going to give me the bad ending? I saved the girl in the lighthouse and got a white pulse of light thing, so I must still be on the right track. But I think I wandered too far north, found this camp in a cavern full of slaver thugs, got spotted, and ended up just liquidating all of them only to find some ladder near the end wouldn’t lower. So I think I am supposed to go there later as part of the story. Whoops.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Consoles got a patch today improving on the input lag and load times. It’s actually quite an improvement on Xbox.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Some good pics of my two favorite characters in this game.

Also, the grail poster

I just got out of Taiga. The next mission with Miller seems from the beginning that it’s going to be completely bad rear end. I did not like Taiga much though. They give you this rad new weapon and then you can’t really kill anyone but a small handful of bandits. I feel like they should’ve had the swamp area with the boat be bandits instead of pirates, it would’ve made the progression of that level feel much more complex.

There was one specific jump scare in a cave near the main Children’s camp involving a large crawdad hiding in a small pool of water that just about destroyed me. loving hell if you know the one.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The explosive bolts do not explode. I wanted hardcore retropunk Rambo level explosive bolts. Like big dirty boom mangle a whole room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I like manually reloading the open 5 round drum on the Shambler. It looks so cool even though it’s so sloe. I definitely agree about the final sequences, while the last parts in the boat and water were extremely nerve wracking and like nothing I’ve ever seen before, they were a bit too much slime. I was def a janitor of tunnel slug clearing. Then, the institute had about 6 monsters to one-shot with the rail gun and bam you’re done. The good ending was still beautiful.

Some images along the way: