Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

How are the books Metro 2034 and 2035? I really liked Metro 2033, but I hear 2034 is the weakest one. Is that one worth reading before 2035?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Ok, finally getting around to playing this, and I am surprisingly finding this a bit more fun on easy? Something about the aiming just doesn't feel right. I might switch it back to normal, but so far I am loving it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Iím not gonna pretend it has the best controller support or anything. Itís got some jank for sure but tbh I chalk a lot of it up to uncleaned and it I upgraded guns. I really find the shooting to be a lot of fun once you have some decent upgrades and enough cash to keep your guns clean. Some of the later game weapons are especially fun.

Yeah, I might bump it back to normal difficulty, because right now, I am swimming in parts. This game is fun when I am not fighting monsters that run straight for you and get in your face.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

It has a pretty distinct backwards difficulty curve. Volga is bar none the hardest part, or only hard part of the game tbh. Even on normal it's not a very hard game by the halfway point. By the time you finish the desert you are pretty much a walking arsenal.

Yeah, I am noticing that the game is getting a bit easier now that I have received more upgrades for my weapons.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I suck at the stealth in this. It is a little different than Metro 2033 and Last Light in that the stealth areas in those games were sort of like a puzzle. Every bandit camp I have gotten to in this, I can stealth like 2 guys and then everyone is on high alert.

I did manage to complete the church part stealthily though.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Just finished Volga. So it seems that the stuff that they want you to stealth are much easier than the bandit camps, so there is that. Im digging this game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Im finishing up the desert and I pretty much hated this map. The bunker section was nice, but these maps could stand to be quite a bit smaller. There is just way too much empty space.

Also, at times, I feel like I am playing Fallout instead of Metro. The whole weapon degradation thing doesn't help that.

But, I do love the combat, it feels appropriately solid as long as you aren't using the Tikhar

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Just finished the Taiga level and I kind of hated it. So for Volga, has been the best level. But as a whole, I think I would rate this on the bottom of the pile. Last Light is still my favorite, followed by 2033, then this.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Ok, so I finished it with the good ending. There was some classic Metro gameplay in that last level, but I could have done with it being much shorter.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I like that the games are more hopeful than the first book. But apparently that's Russian media in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Xander77 posted:

Miller is being the oldest of the metro old men, consistently taking his time on stairs and escalators, much to my frustration. Speedrunners hate this one trick.

Nevermind I guess you found the rail gun.

The Dead city is great at having the classic metro feel but it's such a slog.