Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I really want to play this game but I don't know how to get it and I feel kinda sick today I bought a new mattress and you know it has that new mattress smell you gotta air it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Game Goode

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I love how in the very first train scene after the tutorial and intro mission, if you bother to go talk to Idiot and Sam, Sam is like, "This is great! This is all going to work out, we're heroes!" and Idiot begins a very long and articulate speech that boils down to, "We are Russians. This story will never have a happy ending."

Apparently I picked a terrible time to replay the main game and DLC though since DLSS 2.0 support is a big upgrade. Anyone know when it's coming out?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bad take. The three big stalker style maps connect highly linear areas. The church, prison ship, canyon, rail loading terminal, and virtually all of Taiga are laid out just like a linear map. Volga and Caspian both feature linear bunker complexes with scripted gates. The big maps just add some free traversal and let you choose what order you do things in to a small extent. Even then the objective system always tells you where to go to advance the plot.

Every other map in the game is a corridor with scripted events.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

False.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dunite posted:

Why hasn't a new series been proposed for Metro DC, where Washington DC Metro is embroiled in race wars, class wars, incest cannibals and religious inquisitions?

You mean Fallout 3?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sam's Story is hilarious in Russian, because you have American characters speaking perfect colloquial English to each other in the most Normalni American Guyovitch accent imaginable.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Turnabout is fair play I suppose because Sam is supposed to speak appalling Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixRIsgHKxc

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I just realized in Sam's Story the narration is peppered with English words not for style, but because Sam doesn't know certain technical vocabulary in Russian.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I have never had them jam on me if I hadn't fallen face first in mud or waded through radioactive sludge first.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I spent the whole time wondering; would the nukes on that sub even be able to fire 20 years later? I assume in two decades someone found a way around things like launch codes, but it feels like either they wouldn't be launch capable or could've been disabled someway first. I know it's not the point, but still

Probably not. The plutonium core isn't too friendly to delicate electronics. But do you want to take that chance?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Killing that guy actually forecloses a bad ending for the region, although I don't believe it affects Artyom's party.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's easy to miss but the gangster whose car you steal and who tries to bargain with Artyom has a plan to replace the Baron with a lookalike. If you kill the Baron without killing either the gangster or the lookalike you unwittingly complete the hardest part of his plan for him. You will hear worse radio messages from the Caspian region as you head east if you miss killing both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

They don't call you personally but you can overhear other people talking to each other. For example if you get the good ending of the Taiga level you pick up messages from bandits calling for help as the Children and the Pirates roll through them on their way out of the valley.