Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

Ryoku instantly becomes the best character :allears:

She's a BeholderSpectator.
What makes this Rin then? Empathy?

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This anime is so good, why isn't it the smash hit of the season??

Anyway, I'm all caught up now, and I have one big mystery I really wanna see solved:

So we met all 3 of the 'dead' sisters by now... so who the heck is this from the opening? https://i.imgur.com/JJPjsAR.png I don't think anyone in the main cast or any of the others have hair like that, right? I could make a case for it being Rina but it doesn't look quite right... maybe it's the combined, original Rina? Or am I just dumb and it's just one of the Rinas and I'm just bad at faces? :v:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I think its just Rina.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

Anyway, I'm all caught up now, and I have one big mystery I really wanna see solved:

So we met all 3 of the 'dead' sisters by now... so who the heck is this from the opening? https://i.imgur.com/JJPjsAR.png I don't think anyone in the main cast or any of the others have hair like that, right? I could make a case for it being Rina but it doesn't look quite right... maybe it's the combined, original Rina? Or am I just dumb and it's just one of the Rinas and I'm just bad at faces? :v:

That's a Rina, probably the one that died in episode one, since they are all leaves that fall off the branch. Doesn't look too good for Ritsu then.
Her line in the ending also starts to fade after Riku dies.

We also haven't seen the First One.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ritsu is basically already on the verge of death. Her leaf is all messed up, and being separated from Midori causes her start to weaken, cough, etc.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Gloomy Rube posted:

In Japan at least it kind of is?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It is one of the, if not the, best selling anime this season. Highly rated on nico streams. One of the most discussed on 2chan.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm really glad. In a twisted way, Tatsuki getting the boot from KF was good, as it helped him get more awareness than he probably would have gotten on his own.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

El Burbo posted:

It is one of the, if not the, best selling anime this season. Highly rated on nico streams. One of the most discussed on 2chan.

Really? Huh, good for Irodori. Seems to be almost completely ignored in the US.

I kind of understand it, it's much gloomier than KF and doesn't have that same moe factor.

I hope this gives them a chance to do something interesting with a full budget and staff down the road.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It helps that the Japanese side of the fanbase is still very much Not Happy with the Kemono Friends incident and the current season, and probably want to stick it to Kadokawa.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

It helps that the Japanese side of the fanbase is still very much Not Happy with the Kemono Friends incident and the current season, and probably want to stick it to Kadokawa.

I don't blame them, the last few episodes of that one have been pretty :yikes:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So what's with this constant theme of Ritsu's sisters [i]dying[/i ] but not really. And it seems like none of them are that interested in going back to meet up with Ritsu? Does this mean something like Rin dying but surviving, and living outside the small community of Ritsu, the Rinas and Wakaba?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rin dying doesn’t seem like a possibility, because I think the dead sisters are somehow being stored in Rin. While the other sisters are senses, Rin is “the body”. Maybe that means the other sisters return to the her, or the memory leaf she has. That would explain how she is able to use Ryoku’s sight, and also why she seems to gain a new article of clothing every time one of the sisters dies.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/shoichi4411/status/1103657464048705536

Bibibibibibibi

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/quaternionxxx/status/1104698422538362881

If anime wallscrolls make a resurgence I'd like this one.

https://twitter.com/quaternionxxx/status/1100742400337534977

What a wonderful IP this is

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Suggestive leaf touching

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This show is playing with my heart I swear.

That cliffhanger though :stare:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Of course, people are calling the girl Wakaban

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
We are so going to see trolley-cart cosplay at C96 and omfg this show. When is the stage-play? When is the green-screen heavy high budget live action version?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

In before the Tatsuki Cinematic Universe becomes a thing.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

We are so going to see trolley-cart cosplay at C96

God I hope so, that would be beautiful.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ryo has a hypnotic voice.

El Burbo posted:

woah

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also she's not wearing 2019 Wakaba's shirt, it's 2012 ONA Wakaba's shirt.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The saddest not sex talk in the show.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

What's up with this show, every episode feels repetitive but at the same time I feel like I never have any idea what's going to happen next.

Ep10 So the First Girl died and her consciousness was uploaded to a manmade Internet-of-Things tree, but then some bugs came and cross pollinated the tree with other trees and her consciousness is spread out in little bits throughout the country?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

TalkLittle posted:

What's up with this show, every episode feels repetitive but at the same time I feel like I never have any idea what's going to happen next.

It's strange, isn't it? It's been a pretty simple format but this show sticks with me more than most. Maybe I'm just a sucker for these bittersweet kinds of stories.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Episode 11: This blew my mind so hard it got rid of a tension headache. Start to finish, a serious of wow whoa what. Don't have many words because this cannot be put into words. I gotta go back in the series and make charts once it's over.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/mahkun101/status/1108368226348601345

“I feel like something to replace the Shaft Tilt has been born.

Maybe it should be the “Irodori Angle”, at a moment of self-sacrifice?”

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Episode 11 requires some pausing and rewinding imo. Sucks for people watching on TV in Japan.

I like how Riri wanted to be an adult so she uses tobacco (kemurikusa) to be more adult like.

I always thought they were on earth, but I guess they're not? Not sure if it makes a difference because there were obviously cities built on whatever planet that is.

Wakaba found Riri in the water. It's unclear if the kemurikusa revived her or the water itself is really special. We know green kemurikusa can heal, but maybe the water is even more powerful in some mysterious way?
Alternatively, maybe her "revived" body was actually a clone made by kemurikusa. Then when she "turns herself into kemurikusa" she's really just making a copy of her kemurikusa body, rather than turning from a human into kemurikusa. The naturally occurring kemurikusa possibly cloned her as kemurikusa through some unknown natural process.

One piece of evidence against this is that the kemurikusa leaf is never visible in Wakaba and Riri's bodies, unlike the Rin sisters.
However, the present-day Wakaba also has none of his original memories, suggesting he's a clone.
The clone theory makes sense if the naturally-made clones are more perfect than the Riri-made clones with visible leaves.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EP11 interpretation:

Whoever the people Wakaba belongs to are, they make copies of objects from Human culture by pulling them up and manifesting them with Kemurikusa, maybe in a parallel dimension. Wakaba verbatim said they can't copy living humans, so Riri must have been dead.
Wakaba said Riri has sharp senses, yet all Kemurikusa offspring are more dull than Wakaba even at their respective senses.

This brings us back to why the other three sisters didn't really die: Riri as a whole isn't dead, so they can't die.

Wakaba might also be some kind of plant life.
He "sprouted" and what popped up again is just another seed.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TalkLittle posted:

I always thought they were on earth, but I guess they're not? Not sure if it makes a difference because there were obviously cities built on whatever planet that is.

Lurking Haro posted:

Whoever the people Wakaba belongs to are, they make copies of objects from Human culture by pulling them up and manifesting them with Kemurikusa, maybe in a parallel dimension.

It's seemingly some sort of enormous ship floating above the Earth (specifically Japan I guess, since all the copied architecture is from Japan) and preserving its culture for some reason or another. Of course, this is why the bugs called Wakaba "captain" earlier. It's "ship captain"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Dang this episode was great. I'll probably have to watch this again, but did Riri literally turn her body into six kemurikusa or just "copy" herself and imprint her memories onto the leaf? Would the "real" Riri still be alive (or possibly just dead?) or are the six literally her? Is the current Wakaba the same as the one in the memories or a copy made in the same way Riri was? So many questions and it's not next week yet. :ohdear:

That post-credits scene though... I should have expected it after how KF 11 ended but Tatsuki is one mean son of a bitch :allears:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

e: mega forum connectivity hiccup

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 21, 2019

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Show: Shocking, serious sci-fi

Fan art: Iiyashikei as f
https://twitter.com/Beijuu545/status/1108417908885975042

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hmmmmm so the Rinas are probably split using the same power that split Riri in the first place.

Unless my memory is failing me, Rinamu is implied to be the "main" Rina, since she's always sleeping and doesn't do any actual fighting or exploring and she's probably the one who needs to be kept alive for the pink leaf to do its thing.

So where is Riri's "main" body? :thunk:

Or I could just be reaching here, wouldn't be the first time.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 21, 2019

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Run, Rin-san!

:(

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

So where is Riri's "main" body? :thonk:

Good question. Totally forgot about the main body thing. From a few episodes ago hasn't Rin been called the "body" so she's Riri's main body? But then Rin herself has a main body, and we don't know what that means. Riri can't be Rin's main body, as that wouldn't make sense that they were each other's main body. Is Rin's main body, then, a tree? The sisters always talk about Midori like a sentient being after all.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
And that's why you always remember to child safety lock your life-creating alien hypertechnology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

I gotta go back in the series and make charts once it's over.[/spoiler]

Be sure to :justpost: them afterwards.

Btw, did they say which leaves Riri used on herself?