Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I haven't seen the doujinshi stuff yet, but I think each girl represents a sense.

Rin is Sight, Ritsu is Hearing, the Rinas are Taste (one for each: salty, sweet, etc.?) and the latest sister is Touch. One of the others should be Smell, which leaves one other less classical sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dzhay posted:

That works as a loose theming. The remaining one could be temperature or pain.

Better question, what the hell is Wakaba? Did Midori make him? "Normal human" seems unlikely, and slightly lame.

He's probably an admin.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Agronox posted:

Yeah, it's pretty fun, and I hope we come back to the delinquent sister before too long.

Anyone know what kanji was flashing on the blue wall there?

警. In this case it means Warning, like in security alert.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I have to rewatch an episode because I don't know what the deal with the Rina with permanently closed eyes is.
I like them merging into one and just popping out the back as if they were standing behind each other just right.

They also seem to be based on (sensory) organs instead of just senses?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

Ryoku instantly becomes the best character :allears:

She's a BeholderSpectator.
What makes this Rin then? Empathy?

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 7, 2019

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

This anime is so good, why isn't it the smash hit of the season??

Anyway, I'm all caught up now, and I have one big mystery I really wanna see solved:

So we met all 3 of the 'dead' sisters by now... so who the heck is this from the opening? https://i.imgur.com/JJPjsAR.png I don't think anyone in the main cast or any of the others have hair like that, right? I could make a case for it being Rina but it doesn't look quite right... maybe it's the combined, original Rina? Or am I just dumb and it's just one of the Rinas and I'm just bad at faces? :v:

That's a Rina, probably the one that died in episode one, since they are all leaves that fall off the branch. Doesn't look too good for Ritsu then.
Her line in the ending also starts to fade after Riku dies.

We also haven't seen the First One.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EP11 interpretation:

Whoever the people Wakaba belongs to are, they make copies of objects from Human culture by pulling them up and manifesting them with Kemurikusa, maybe in a parallel dimension. Wakaba verbatim said they can't copy living humans, so Riri must have been dead.
Wakaba said Riri has sharp senses, yet all Kemurikusa offspring are more dull than Wakaba even at their respective senses.

This brings us back to why the other three sisters didn't really die: Riri as a whole isn't dead, so they can't die.

Wakaba might also be some kind of plant life.
He "sprouted" and what popped up again is just another seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

With a fairy tale kiss from Rin-chan, Wakaba somehow gets revived.
"'gratulations"
"Once would have been fine..."

Somehow and like this and that all the sisters get revived.
"Banzai!"

With everyone they somehow stop the red tree and red mist and there's lots of water.
"Yay!"

Wakaba's and Riri's memories return to Wakaba and Rin for some reason, and they have a reunion (Their previous memories don't disappear)
"I know you!"

In some inexplicable and mysterious way they depart on another journey
Happi Endo!

Gloomy Rube posted:

Tasty water infinity!

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 25, 2019