Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
We know that every color of Kemurikusa basically has the same or similar abilities. Red seems to be some sort of infection affecting the robots and apparently now a tree. Blue is clearly all sorts of walls/barriers. Green counteracts the effects of Red and also heals and repairs (which might be why it affects Red). Orange seems to be of some sort of utilitarian purpose. We've really only seen two at work. Pink is what all of the sisters have at their core and is what gives them life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

The Rinas were extra adorable in this episode, and the legged Roomba even more.

Things have been getting weird and I theorize a grey matter event happened, or whatever the scenario was called where a blob of self-replicating absorbing nanomachines would grow and take over the world. Nature evolved and what few survivors managed, evolved along with it too. Mad lot of genetic modification. This could be deep sci-fi only taking place on Earth. I love this show even though it feels like it's sometimes crunching content and skipping events, happenings, explanations.

I think, what can be assumed is that this "world" is extremely post-humanity and everyone but Wakaba is some sort of artificial life form powered by Kemurikusa. It may also be some sort of artificial world which would explain the Islands and robots literally fading away with Wakaba being the first human to basically access the virtual world in aeons.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It's a really good OP though

I'm glad I didn't drop this early on. It had the seeds of something greater from the start and hot drat did they bloom.

Agreed that the action was real rough at times, the studio definitely isn't ready to do the next Land of the Lustrous, but character moments like these make it all worth it. What a smile.

The action scenes in this epsiode were probably the roughest of the entire series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm glad the smile was protected