Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Seriously, WTF?

Both my husband and myself received anonymous "Valentine's day" gifts from our companies, there were constant intrusive questions across the office of what everyone was doing for Valentines day, single and coupled. I had to field a question from a coworker on a different campus that I work loosely with asking "So what are you doing for Valentines day!" who proceeded to tell me that he is just out of a three year relationship and heavily implied unwillingly. There were even HR safe but obvious questions across the office of who got laid on Valentine's day. Not to mention the work flowers and balloons and poo poo, who wants to deal with that?

How the gently caress is this a holiday celebrated corporately? Does anyone want this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Remove Valentine's day, add Priapus day.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I agree with the OP that this is kind of hosed up: Valentine's day should celebrate romantic love between a man and a woman.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'd argue Christmas is worse overall.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You couldn't even post this on v day itself? :sad:

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
what is valentines day

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

EorayMel posted:

I'd argue Christmas is worse overall.

At least most companies have figured out the "holiday" language and not pitting the relationship status of employees against each other and then making the couples compete on who is in the "better" relationship.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

At least most companies have figured out the "holiday" language and not pitting the relationship status of employees against each other and then making the couples compete on who is in the "better" relationship.

Why, does your relationship not measure up?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Because the real answer in this indentured hellscape of a country is Labor Day, not that any of us expect to you know the definition of the "L" word.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Why, does your relationship not measure up?

I couldn't spend it with my husband. Who is real. And lives in Canada. We talk or at least text at least once a week.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

I couldn't spend it with my husband. Who is real. And lives in Canada. We talk or at least text at least once a week.

So that's a big no lol

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Valentines seems like one of the best holidays to kill yourself

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya like I need another day where I loving forget to get some idiot present and get in trouble for it.

Thankfully my spouse and I are so tired we just banged and that was that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Here we go.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Valentine’s Day? More like Ss. Cyril and Methodius’ Day.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
As long as Boss's Day exists Valentines Day won't be the worst.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Valentine's Day is a good excuse to let your crush know how you feel :3:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

There were even HR safe but obvious questions across the office of who got laid on Valentine's day.

Give me an example of one of these questions please

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
SA goon struggles to handle socially normal day.

Big fucken surprise.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Give me an example of one of these questions please

did you know that everyone who got laid on v-day is getting a raise?

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/FUFtvux.mp4

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I sent my wife a card and a flower and some chocolate to work and sent my mom a text telling her I love her because I should do it more often. Yes, truly I am a dupe of capitalism

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Valentines Day? More like pal of mines gay. And he doesn't like to talk about his relationships with strangers.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009

lmao

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

barbecue at the folks posted:

I sent my wife a card and a flower and some chocolate to work

Sad, try to show you wife love every day instead. Or celebrate a dumb corporate holiday, your choice hombre.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

When my now fiancee and I started dating we kept it secret at work for a month or so before someone guessed it was a thing. Our bosses decide to make us a card and have all the other staff sign it.

Did I mention we worked at a day care? Because they then went and told all the kids we were dating because apparently it was fun watching children heckle us about it.

When the kids told their parents we were dating though parents called to complain and we got pulled into the office and lectured about it. The kids wouldn't have known if the bosses hadn't told them but do you think they had our backs? Nah because :capitalism:

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Singles Day, (Nov 11th) is way worse you dumbass.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Uh oh trouble in paradise. Can three olives relationship survive this harrowing test?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
real valentines day is either the following day or sunday when those boxes of chocolates are discounted

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think big valentine's day knows that 3O is poo poo and paid him to poo poo talk valentine's day. I know I like it a little bit more, now.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Mr Peanut tried to teach me sex ettiquette on branded twitter for Valentine OP. So I completely agree

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My company gave us a 3" x 3" square cookie with the words "[company name] Happy Valentine's Day" on it

I appreciated the lack of effort

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Office people will take any excuse to play arts and crafts and display their bubble handwriting skills they practiced so much in school instead of learning not to be total fuckin morons

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The only thing worse than people who make a big deal about Valentine's day are the people who make a big deal about being mad about Valentine's day

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

both single peopel and people in relationships hate valentines day. don't be fooled by Big Chocolate

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nooner posted:

The only thing worse than people who make a big deal about Valentine's day are the people who make a big deal about being mad about Valentine's day

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
The prevailing attitude at my office (which is mostly married women) is that Valentine’s Day is dumb.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
everytime someone asks me "So what are you doing for Valentines day!" i'll tell them over enthusiastically "oh i'm gonna JACK OFF!" as i rub my hands together in unadulterated excitement OP

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You should celebrate Valentine's Day the traditional way by being martyred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Just lol if you don't work for a company that in no way acknowledges any holiday besides the ones that they are federally mandated to let everyone take off.