Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
that "whole nine yards" style of comedy where everybody is a piece of poo poo like a proto "it is always sunny" but they have not figured how to make it funny yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

lol but seriously I posted:

chandler was getting $1,000,000 per episode, do not mourn for chandler

poo poo, I wish I made that much money by not doing much.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Imagine getting paid $1mil PER EPISODE (so like.... 23 or 24 times per season), and screwing up your lines constantly. I'm not saying he did this, but someone in the history of sitcoms must have.

The mind boggles.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Imagine getting paid $1mil PER EPISODE (so like.... 23 or 24 times per season), and screwing up your lines constantly. I'm not saying he did this, but someone in the history of sitcoms must have.

The mind boggles.

I started thinking of things I'd do for a million bucks a day, 24 times a year. But that's a really long list.

The list of things I wouldn't do is short. Really short. Televised visit at the Hague short.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
looks like 1 mil per episode only happened the last two seasons.
Season 1 was like 22K and it just ramped up from there. still insane.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Please, nobody watched Joey, not even the guy who played Joey.

I legit watched every episode of Joey.

I liked how terrible it was and enjoyed seeing what poo poo decision they’d make next.

I wouldn’t recommend it.

Edit: I do remember they pretended to have Chandler on the other end of a phone call at least once, maybe more

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
What do you mean pretended, like voice samples from friends or Matthew Perry soundalike?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I would imagine it means you hear one side of the conversation and that side of the conversation is Joey's

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I assume just a one sided phone call where the actor repeats what the unheard person says

“Hi chandlers... thank you for asking how I am. I am very well thank you.... How are you?... you say you are well and Monica have killed Monica”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Chandlers mum was the hottest person in the show iirc

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Monica would have horribly abused her kid. Like just wrecked that poor kid with her neurosis and controlling manner. Kid would have grown up to be like Phoebe ironically.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The best parent would have been Chandler which says more about the rest of them than Chandler.

E: Awtually no gently caress that, Chandler would be an awesomely embarrassing fun dad.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Monica would have horribly abused her kid. Like just wrecked that poor kid with her neurosis and controlling manner. Kid would have grown up to be like Phoebe ironically.

Monica bang episode

Ross kid hit his head

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Season 2 Episode 3 "Joey and the Spanking"

Joey has to deal with an unruly child actor on the set of his new movie. In order to discipline him, Joey spanks him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Joey from friends woulda banged the kids mom

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Ross is a oval office and is a proto incel.

Joey who was a proto Chad, named/burned Ross by coming up with the friend zone idea (first place ever mentioned).

Writers made this all worse by letting Ross and Rachel get together.

naem
May 29, 2011

the writers had to come up with a reason for six 25 years olds to hang out 24/7 nonstop for decade having breakfast together, fully clothed, daily

there had to be exactly enough drama in their interactions for “plots to happen” but it had to stay light and fluffy enough for network tv

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

naem posted:

the writers had to come up with a reason for six 25 years olds to hang out 24/7 nonstop for decade having breakfast together, fully clothed, daily

there had to be exactly enough drama in their interactions for “plots to happen” but it had to stay light and fluffy enough for network tv

But at a high price.

naem
May 29, 2011

also there’s the problem of your generic show getting popular and you have to pump out episodes

producers throw poo poo at the wall to see what sticks and once in a while some show gets super popular for no apparent reason and they’re like GO GO GO, WACKY! WACKIER! JOEY EATS A HOUSEPLANT! CHANDLER HUMPS A HOUSE PLANT! RACHEL AND MONICA FALL DOWN AND YOU CAN SEE THEIR BOOBS AND BUTT! THAT HOUSEPLANT WAS MY GIRLFRIEND *LAUGHTRACK*

wasn’t there a monkey? yeah first season there’s a monkey. GET A MONKEY ON SET! THAT MONKEY IS ROSS’S LESBIAN GIRLFRIEND IN A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE

naem
May 29, 2011

i’ve said this before but Phoebe and Joey are two normal people from the real world who got teleported to the bizarro alternate FRIENDS™️©️®️ dimensions unknowingly.

Joey is completely realistic:
-wants to be an actor, mostly fails at it
-can only afford rent in NYC because his nerdy friend has a better job and loans him cash.
-He “likes girls” and unlike every other guy in the FRIENDS™️©️®️ timeline, he just “asks them out on a date.” They are usually delighted because every other guy dances around women like a dork and eats a houseplant and yells WE WERE ON A BREAK and falls down flights of stairs and looks at them longingly (while sad music plays). Joey just “asks how they are doing” and then “hey want to have a whole bunch of sex, with me, right now, in my bed at my house?” it’s like he has magic powers
-Joey is also not terribly intelligent so he doesn’t question his strange life or the laughter that erupts from walls, beyond making a confused face once in a while, shrugging and going with it

Phoebe-
-was homeless at 14 (the age she was teleported to the FRIENDS©️™️ZONE®️) and forced to shack up with some albino guy and live in a car if I remember correctly (v likely scenario for a person dumped into an alternate dimension with no resources).
-this also explains why a gorgeous blond woman wears such frumpy baggy clothes, you don’t want to draw too much attention to yourself (never know when wacky romantic music will start playing as men on the street fall out of their cars into a pile of houseplants if they notice an attractive woman)
-learned to survive on the mean streets (which this being a family friendly sitcom universe they weren’t all that mean but still scary and weird if you’re a teenager and don’t know what’s going on) by talking loudly and forcefully whenever people’s one-liners got too wacky or whenever the laughter (that she thinks is in her head) gets too repetitive OH GOD STOP BEING SO WACKY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?? DO YOU HEAR THAT LAUGHTER? IS IT ME? AM I CRAZY?? NO IM THE ONLY SANE ONE!!!!
-all her new age hippy psychic beliefs make perfect sense since she’s trying to figure out why the world suddenly changed into such a strange place one day.
-Phoebe’s constant desperate attempts to be WACKY are a form of camouflage; also wackiness lets you warp and manipulate the fabric of space and time itself if you hit the right notes (you can tell it’s working when the music changes)
-in the FRIENDS®️™️ universe, cats really are super smelly. Just, a sulfurous stench. Foul. Her song was a desperate attempt to find fellow earthlings in a public venue in the WACKIEST way (to avoid attention)

naem fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 22, 2019

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s almost unfair how hot Rachel Aniston was during the middle years of friends

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

naem posted:

i’ve said this before but Phoebe and Joey are two normal people from the real world who got teleported to the bizarro alternate FRIENDS™️©️®️ dimensions unknowingly.

-can only afford rent in NYC because his nerdy friend has a better job and loans him cash.
-He “likes girls” and unlike every other guy in the FRIENDS™️©️®️ timeline, he just “asks them out on a date.” They are usually delighted because every other guy dances around women like a dork and eats a houseplant and yells WE WERE ON A BREAK and falls down flights of stairs and looks at them longingly (while sad music plays). Joey just “asks how they are doing” and then “hey want to have a whole bunch of sex, with me, right now, in my bed at my house?” it’s like he has magic powers
-Joey is also not terribly intelligent so he doesn’t question his strange life or the laughter that erupts from walls, beyond making a confused face once in a while, shrugging and going with it

Phoebe-
-was homeless at 14 (the age she was teleported to the FRIENDS©️™️ZONE®️) and forced to shack up with some albino guy and live in a car if I remember correctly (v likely scenario for a person dumped into an alternate dimension with no resources).
-this also explains why a gorgeous blond woman wears such frumpy baggy clothes, you don’t want to draw too much attention to yourself (never know when wacky romantic music will start playing as men on the street fall out of their cars into a pile of houseplants if they notice an attractive woman)
-learned to survive on the mean streets (which this being a family friendly sitcom universe they weren’t all that mean but still scary and weird if you’re a teenager and don’t know what’s going on) by talking loudly and forcefully whenever people’s one-liners got too wacky or whenever the laughter (that she thinks is in her head) gets too repetitive OH GOD STOP BEING SO WACKY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?? DO YOU HEAR THAT LAUGHTER? IS IT ME? AM I CRAZY?? NO IM THE ONLY SANE ONE!!!!
-all her new age hippy psychic beliefs make perfect sense since she’s trying to figure out why the world suddenly changed into such a strange place one day.
-Phoebe’s constant desperate attempts to be WACKY are a form of camouflage; also wackiness lets you warp and manipulate the fabric of space and time itself if you hit the right notes (you can tell it’s working when the music changes)
-in the FRIENDS®️™️ universe, cats really are super smelly. Just, a sulfurous stench. Foul. Her song was a desperate attempt to find fellow earthlings in a public venue in the WACKIEST way (to avoid attention)

Hey Eddie Chandler called, he has your fishtank

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
Phoebe is a pathological liar and manipulator who plays the victim by holding up her troubled past as an excuse for being a lovely human being.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Phoebe is a pathological liar and manipulator who plays the victim by holding up her troubled past as an excuse for being a lovely human being.

She did have that one line when Rachel was complaining about not knowing if she was dating Russ because he was like Ross when she said, "that reminds me of this one time when I was homeless and starving and this one guy told me he'd buy me food if I'd have sex with him."

And then Rachel asks how her problem reminded her of that and she says something like, "Oh, you're right. See, because mine was a real problem and not this stupid high school crap!"

Phoebe had her moments.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

She did have that one line when Rachel was complaining about not knowing if she was dating Russ because he was like Ross when she said, "that reminds me of this one time when I was homeless and starving and this one guy told me he'd buy me food if I'd have sex with him."

And then Rachel asks how her problem reminded her of that and she says something like, "Oh, you're right. See, because mine was a real problem and not this stupid high school crap!"

Phoebe had her moments.

This shows part of my point I feel. She bring up here traumatic past in a situation it's totally unrelated to and anyone who says anything is shut down and dismissed due to said traumatic past.

True it was high school esk bull crap but Phoebe was being a dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But she was being a dick to Monica and Rachel who are also dicks. It's dicks all the way down.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

But she was being a dick to Monica and Rachel who are also dicks. It's dicks all the way down.

Look the show was a gigantic dick fiesta, but that does not mean im wrong.

All the characters lost their meaning and became caricatures by the end.

Also the show has not aged well at all. One particular joke being 'what do we do with this drunk girl, oh that's Joe's speciality'

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

naem posted:

Phoebe-

Haha, love this

*frantically googles "schizophrenia treatment hospital"*

naem
May 29, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Haha, love this

*frantically googles "schizophrenia treatment hospital"*

hi i’m permabanned user MissChanAnDlerBonger58,

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hey this is legit funny stuff,

naem posted:

Phoebe-
-this also explains why
a gorgeous blond woman

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao check out this nerd who doesn't think lisa kudrow is hot

are her knees too sharp for you ?? nerd!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I’m watching season 8 and she’s pretty loving hot.

Also she’s stabbed someone which makes her cool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

naem posted:

hi i’m permabanned user MissChanAnDlerBonger58,

lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Foebe
Ross
mIss chanandler bong
rachel greEn
miss chaNandler bong
miss chananDler bong
rosS

thx u

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

We steal that TV Guide every week!

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Joey Chandler have kissed, pretty sure Rachael and Monica have, who else did? Joey Chandler ross three way kiss

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nonviolent J posted:

Joey Chandler have kissed, pretty sure Rachael and Monica have, who else did? Joey Chandler ross three way kiss

Phoebe kissed Rachael as well.

Joey and Phoebe kissed.

I mean I'm pretty sure they all did at some point.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Don't forget Joey and the landlord.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MarcusSA posted:

Phoebe kissed Rachael as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txw6l-s69f0

lmao one of my favourite episodes. wino is so crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nonviolent J posted:

Ross and Joey totally kissed after waking up from their mutual nap.