Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ross and Monica made out and chandler kissed all three women in one episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

esperterra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txw6l-s69f0

lmao one of my favourite episodes. wino is so crazy

Also she was so hot in that episode. I dug that look.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

Ross and Monica made out and chandler kissed all three women in one episode

Is that where when they were you nger they were drunk with the lights off

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Yes

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

esperterra posted:

Whoa, I didn't know Winona Judd was on Friends.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
could these forums BE any deader and gayer?????!!!!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

gbs but from 2004 posted:

could these forums BE gayer?????!!!!

You could spend :10bux:on a second account

naem
May 29, 2011

esperterra posted:

I feel so comfortable watching this

I think I might be a lesbian!

*laughtrack*

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Mammal Sauce posted:

You could spend :10bux:on a second account

:aaaaa:

naem
May 29, 2011

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
Feebee, Raquel, Monique, Johnny, Russ, and Chaz

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Wow, that took a second.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bumping this because this is some Grade A horse poo poo.

quote:

Friends, one of the most popular shows of all time, is leaving Netflix in January 2020, but don’t blame Netflix for this happening.
Friends is officially leaving Netflix on Jan. 1, 2020. You only have a few weeks left to watch one of the most popular shows on the streaming service.

We’ve known this exit would happen for a while now, but as it happens with such things, many fans are just learning about Friends leaving Netflix. Accordingly, many fans are voicing their displeasure at Netflix about the departure. Unfortunately, that anger and disappointment is misdirected.

Netflix did everything they could, basically, to keep the series on the streaming service for the longterm. Way back in 2015, Friends was added to Netflix, and the streaming network, at the time, had the rights to the series for four years. In 2019, Friends was scheduled to leave Netflix, and after fan uproar, Netflix was able to lock in the rights to the series for another year.

Netflix had been planning to make a deal for the rights to the series all along. Under the fan pressure, Netflix was able to make a deal with Warner Bros. TV for another year of Friends, but it was at a tremendous cost to the tune of $80-100 million for the year, according to Vox.

After that, it was clear that Friends would leave Netflix, and that’s because WarnerMedia, which owns Warner Bros. TV, is starting their own streaming service, HBO Max, and they want this series to help attract subscribers. WarnerMedia paid $425 million for the rights to the series and to stream the show on HB0 Max, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

HBO Max launches in the spring of 2020, and the series will be on the streaming service when it launches. HBO Max is even trying to get a reunion special for this series going! Of course, they were going to bring the series home.

As you can see, Netflix was simply cut out of the deal. If you blame Netflix for anything, it should be for showing all these studios and media conglomerates that it pays to keep control of their content. Netflix paved the way in the streaming industry, and now, there are copycats all over the place.

Obviously, it’s still a bummer that this series is leaving Netflix. It’s one of the most popular shows of all time. Very soon, you’ll have to buy all the episodes on DVD or subscribe to HBO Max.

It will be really interesting to see what happens next. Obviously, this series is something people watch on Netflix, but it’s unclear if people watch Friends on Netflix because it’s on Netflix and everyone has a Netflix subscription or if people subscribe to Netflix because the streaming service has this great series. The answer to that question will likely be answered after the series leaves Netflix.

The hit comedy leaves Netflix on Jan. 1. Spread the word and make sure your fellow Friends fans watch the series before it leaves!

What in the seven hells is HBO max and why the gently caress would I give a poo poo about it?

I'm obv not gonna buy some DVDs of this dumb show but it was nice to just throw it on in background while I was doing other poo poo.

Also Fraiser is leaving Jan 1.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

What in the seven hells is HBO max and why the gently caress would I give a poo poo about it?

I'm obv not gonna buy some DVDs of this dumb show but it was nice to just throw it on in background while I was doing other poo poo.

This is the worst thing I’ve seen on the forums today

naem
May 29, 2011

taking it off netflix will remove all cultural relevance as it’s no longer easy to watch and it will fade from memory surprisingly quickly

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

MarcusSA posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, back it up

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is leaving Netflix? It wasn't clear from the article

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Just lol if you don’t type it out as F•R•I•E•N•D•S.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Trying to convince people to sign up for 100 different streaming services for $10/mo each surely won't lead to those people going back to just pirating everything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

Trying to convince people to sign up for 100 different streaming services for $10/mo each surely won't lead to those people going back to just pirating everything.

HBO Max is $15.

Also some of the articles aren't even sure what actual HBO content will be on there.

Progress!

EDIT: I spoke with my S/O who is in the UK and its getting dropped from their Netflix as well but with no other way to watch it because HBO Max isn't a thing there.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 11, 2019

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

HBO Max is $15.

Also some of the articles aren't even sure what actual HBO content will be on there.

Progress!

EDIT: I spoke with my S/O who is in the UK and its getting dropped from their Netflix as well but with no other way to watch it because HBO Max isn't a thing there.

Could this BE more disappointing

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Just let it die again for couple decades again so the the cycle can continue. The kids can move on to, let's say, Newhart. Daryl, Daryl, and Daryl is the next hot new meme kids crave.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just reboot the series with an all new cast but literally every single line of dialog unchanged and film each episode 6 times with each actor playing each character once

Name it R.E.: F.I.N.D.S.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Phoebe's friend steals Smelly Cat to be a cat litter jingle but the song had already been released as a single.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

drat it

Immersion RUINED!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

I decided to just keep HBO Now and pirate the rest. I went through my subscription costs and I may as well have had cable this entire time. I guess I also have Amazon Prime, but I mostly have that for free shipping and the ability to get things in like two hours.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I’ve got Netflix and Amazon Prime and that’s more video content than I’ll ever consume in my life

For great HBO series I just borrow them from a friend online, or subscribe for a month if I really like the show (last one was GoT...)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I didn't like how the Friends never really let anyone else into their clique. They'd let people orbit in their periphery but ultimately they were just second class friends who were never considered part of their group.

Maybe we're all the Gunther of our lives. :smith:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Sucks that it's leaving Netflix. My girlfriend has anxiety / panic attacks sometimes and she loves the show so much. We watch it when she's feeling particularly down to make her feel better :(

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

henpod posted:

Sucks that it's leaving Netflix. My girlfriend has anxiety / panic attacks sometimes and she loves the show so much. We watch it when she's feeling particularly down to make her feel better :(

You can find the complete show on DVD at any thrift shop or flea market near you for $10.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

evobatman posted:

You can find the complete show on DVD at any thrift shop or flea market near you for $10.

It's strange... when expensive DVDs were the only option, bittorrent really took off. Then Netflix showed up and it was much easier than pirating, so everyone started paying for that instead. Now, everyone wants their own streaming service and it's become harder than pirating again... What a useless, stupid industry.

naem
May 29, 2011

hottubrhymemachine posted:

It's strange... when expensive DVDs were the only option, bittorrent really took off. Then Netflix showed up and it was much easier than pirating, so everyone started paying for that instead. Now, everyone wants their own streaming service and it's become harder than pirating again... What a useless, stupid industry.

the one good show from each new streaming service will all get dumped onto some discount platform in a couple years most likely if we just wait

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Yes but now pirating is even better since people can just rip content directly from streaming services and reupload elsewhere

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Outrail posted:

I didn't like how the Friends never really let anyone else into their clique. They'd let people orbit in their periphery but ultimately they were just second class friends who were never considered part of their group.

Maybe we're all the Gunther of our lives. :smith:

You made me think: did any of them have *any* friends outside the 5 of them?

I can think of Fun Bobby and bald Bonnie and maybe a couple more, but it must say something that they seem to only have each other as any kind of friend.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

for a second I was gonna say that they have an appropriate amount of friends for people in their 30s but then I remembered we're supposed to believe these jokers are in their 20s

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Shut up Meg posted:

I can think of Fun Bobby and bald Bonnie and maybe a couple more, but it must say something that they seem to only have each other as any kind of friend.

How many friends do you have? Let’s count.

Well there’s me

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

oldpainless posted:

Well there’s me

That's the nicest thing I have heard for far too long a time. And from a cool dude, too.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

oldpainless posted:

Well there’s me

More like oldmateless

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Shut up Meg posted:

Rachel has a coterie of screeching stereotypes show up as friends a couple times.

Gunther was a good enough friend to regularly invite to parties.

I recall for the episode where Rachel and Phoebe have to put together a bridal shower for Monica, they stole her address book and invite a bunch of nobodies that we’d never seen before because they were apparently such losers that they were the only ones available on short notice.

I know too much about this show :eng99:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There’s also Denise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/EliMcCann/statu...ingawful.com%2F