Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
The funniest thing is how the characters becomes more of their stereotypes during the show. Joey becomes dumber, Ross starts as ultimately annoying and gets more annoying somehow, Phoebe gets weirder, etc.

You don’t really notice it if you just watch the show, but watching two episodes a couple of seasons apart in reverse order makes it obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Outrail posted:

My house mate watched the whole series back to back. It was painful listening to that theme song five times a day for months on end.

I see you never listened to a Top 40 radio station in the mid 90s

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

hawowanlawow posted:

any time Ross gets hurt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXr1ijb1y4g

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 16, 2019

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
this is the most insane ross sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvruidbguiY

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
also we need to discus chandlers weight / drug problems, when he's skinny and amphetamized he's hilarious, later seasons when bloated not so much

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Even when I saw this for the first time when I was like 12 I could tell it was hosed up.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

klafbang posted:

The funniest thing is how the characters becomes more of their stereotypes during the show. Joey becomes dumber, Ross starts as ultimately annoying and gets more annoying somehow, Phoebe gets weirder, etc.

You don’t really notice it if you just watch the show, but watching two episodes a couple of seasons apart in reverse order makes it obvious.

Chandler was 90s gay panic jokes personified but in one episode he's acting all manly man and super upset Joey and Ross were into girly stuff (interior decorating and wearing foundation to try to disguise extreme teeth whitening, respectively)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Is he doing a bit? Has a cold?

Also thanks for finally posting them nips, truly the MVP.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I would've watched Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E. if it had been a real show

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Phoebe should have just not been on the show.

Remember the episode where she finds a lost cat she thinks is her mom reincarnated, and eventually Ross finds it’s a little girl’s lost cat, and he’s painted as the bad guy for wanting to give the cat back and not playing into Phoebe’s delusional fantasy.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

On the other hand, there was the time when Phoebe got possessed by the ghost of the old lady. I'm trying to think of other funny Phoebe moments but it's hard.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Giovanni Ribisi is always bad in stuff but he was especially insufferable as phoebe's brother

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUc0vbSlanM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ngl... I think the moist maker has potential

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ngl... I think the moist maker has potential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZXcapkFEU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Also the actress is desperately unfunny.

She's terrible as Phoebe, but she's good in The Comeback.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

monica worst f.r.i.e.n.d

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Yeah Lisa Kudrow is very funny but she just didn’t get much to work with throughout Friends as the hippie weirdo.

And bullshit anyone saying Monica is the worst. She’s a baller chef and absolutely got mustache rides from Magnum PI

naem
May 29, 2011

sometimes I wish, that I had, friend

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
make a spinoff about chandler constantly getting owned by millennials operating dozens of irony levels above his 90s style sarcasm

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

trash person posted:

Phoebe should have just not been on the show.

Remember the episode where she finds a lost cat she thinks is her mom reincarnated, and eventually Ross finds it’s a little girl’s lost cat, and he’s painted as the bad guy for wanting to give the cat back and not playing into Phoebe’s delusional fantasy.

She was funny any time she went into any details of her living on the streets

WELL HE STABBED ME FIRST
Or how she got hepatitis because a pimp spat in her mouth

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That episode where Joey accidentally brings a hooker home and Ross kills her in a panic when she tries to slip out in the middle of the night was great. Loved Phoebe rolling her eyes while the rest of the gang is freaking out "Oh yeah like you've never seen a dead body before".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also I liked how phoebe subverted the oh man we just missed out on the airport love declaration because she crossed the tube gate thing seconds before we got there by just shrieking Rachel’s name til her balls popped

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

get out of here F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
For your consideration:
https://twitter.com/drewisgooden/status/991002342005919744

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

If u wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my fart

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Jennifer Aniston is 50 years old now.

naem
May 29, 2011

PyPy posted:

if there’s grass on the ball im, playing field

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

trash person posted:

Yeah Lisa Kudrow is very funny but she just didn’t get much to work with throughout Friends as the hippie weirdo.

And bullshit anyone saying Monica is the worst. She’s a baller chef and absolutely got mustache rides from Magnum PI

Monica had no chill. Hyper competitive clean freak who would drive anyone mad.

She seemed to be more chill when she was fat though, so maybe that’s the way to go.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

PyPy posted:

Heather locklear is 57 and by far the better option. I will fight you.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

All the friends have aged extremely well except for Matthew Perry, who looks a lot older but I guess not so bad for someone weathered by years of drug addiction, videogame playing and health complications like pancreatitis and gastrointestinal perforation.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
How I Met Your Mother is the true Friends successor.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Moon Atari posted:

All the friends have aged extremely well except for Matthew Perry, who looks a lot older but I guess not so bad for someone weathered by years of drug addiction, videogame playing and health complications like pancreatitis and gastrointestinal perforation.

The token goon character

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

SpaceAceJase posted:

How I Met Your Mother is the true Friends successor.

A show about a bunch of privileged honkeys? You're right.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like Phoebe because she's the necessary bitchy character with some good lines :)

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

How I Met Your Mother lacks a Ross. You can't consider something to be a successor to Friends if it doesn't have a Ross.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Lisa Kudrow is the only one of the 3 lady friends who is legit funny and cool irl and is a normal person so she's my favorite. I don't care for the show overall though. But she is a good comic talent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ted is Ross but so much worse

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

best of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S was that german one, hitler i think he was called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Jose posted:

Ted is Ross but so much worse

I’ve now been thinking about this and completely agree.