Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I've downloaded and started playing this over the last week or so and am really impressed with it. It actually amazes me that Bethesda allowed them to put it out as a standalone thing because it shows them up big style by being better than Skyrim in almost every way so far.

Initially, I was placing my memory points into the rogue trees, roughly across trickster and infiltration and a few vagabond. Now I have realised that I should have perhaps focused on magic as it seems much more interesting. Is there a way to retrain?!

After wandering about the Sun Coast, I booked it to Ark, basically leaving the big castle on the coast unexplored. I could go back, but does the game have scaling ala Skyrim where you can just do anything at any level? Have I missed out on much by beelining the capitol? Is there any brilliant area that I have missed or should make it my mission to head to?

There have been some great moments so far

entering the under city beneath Ark. Rivals the entrance to BlackReach in Skyrim imo

my exploration around Ark leading me to find Yeros tower and secret base with a weird alchemy table in it. Finding an absolutely sick Aztec looking dagger with about 5x the damage of my iron dagger. Reminded me a lot of stumbling on that sword in Balmora in Morrowind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Did you read all the notes there? They unlock a secret, newly-added third ending to the game.

And yes, Enderal does show up Skyrim quite neatly, I think. My only gripe with it is that the intro takes a while to properly get started and is quite railroady- apart from that though, it's not worth touching Skyrim after Enderal.

Yes I read the notes. I won't read your spoiler to preserve my spoiler free game state. But I am sort of trying to piece together how the world works. After speaking to the Nehrimese mage in the Sun Temple I understand that magic in this game works by the Wizards seeing all possible realities and sort of bringing part of another reality into the one we are in. From reading those notes I guess Yero was planning to bring a reality where his girlfriend didn't die into this one? or something like that.

I thought the opening was OK, I can see a lot of people being put off by the dream sequence with Daddy. It was very odd and I didn't really like it. After that the stuff with the boat and cave, culminating with meeting Jespar was pretty good, if railroaded.