Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you don't like those levels there's a skip button you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

EDIT: ^^^ That, too.

Dr Pepper posted:

I hope Nintendo patches out any further exploits that people try to make Kaizo nonsense with.

There will just be more kaizo nonsense.

We will fight this with the boo button.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I hope Nintendo patches out any further exploits that people try to make Kaizo nonsense with.

Why?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kaizo is fun when it's thought out and the level plays out more like a dance of figuring everything out.

Unfortunately a lot of times that's not what happens and it's the most bland poo poo

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I’m basically of the mindset that troll and Kaizo levels have their audience (streamers) so as long as they’re labeled as such in the title and don’t kill me at the start I’ll just skip them. If I run into that crap midway through a level that looked normal it’s getting a boo.

I also plan to boo and skip any level named “impossible” sight unseen.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 27, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

i also hate when people enjoy things i do not

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFt8oYNuiA

Multiplayer is going to be weird.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I look foward to shelling my partner in the back to steal the clear condition after a long but shaky truce to achieve it.

And by that I mean trying and getting foisted by my own shell instead.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
My dream extra style is a full 3d roaming one, but not one with level themes like Hat Kingdom or whatever; instead just give us the Super Mario Sunshine a capella secret level theme and a whole bunch of moving geometric primitives that we can string together!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man why does it have to be out in australia already but not here

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dr Pepper posted:

The game releases with a level titled Kaizo and it's just a blast processed rendering of a flaming skeleton

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I for one look forward to making impossibly stupid wall kick levels that will get ~1% clear rates.

Just checked and one of my MM1 levels has a clear rate of 1.77% or 21/1184 pass/fail.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

TheDragonFeeney is streaming story mode.

http://www.twitch.tv/thedragonfeeney

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Played a little bit of story mode before going to work. Game good, surprisingly enough. Looking forward to wrapping my idiotic fingers around the creation tools when I get home.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Work tomorrow but then a 2 week vacation to create the best Mario levels the world has ever seen :cool:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

RodShaft posted:

TheDragonFeeney is streaming story mode.

http://www.twitch.tv/thedragonfeeney

She's doing endless expert now and I'm impressed by the quality of some of these levels. People were ready to hit the ground running.

I hate that I am still locked out of this game for no reason other than geographic location.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
drat it, the bookmark site doesn't work. How can Nintendo possibly be this stupid about online stuff?

e: Okay, time to revise the OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DalaranJ posted:

How can Nintendo possibly be this stupid about online stuff?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Always assume Nintendo will make the worst possible choice.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The worst choices and the best games

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Nintendo is tying one hand behind their back to make sure they dont utterly destroy lesser companies and our minds with gaming perfection. Its admirable and I laud them for their consideration

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 27, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I guess you no longer get to see the full main world preview when browsing levels. That was often a good way to tell at a glance if a level had any effort put into it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm watching Thedragonfeeney's stream, she was downloading new levels to play with her bf/husband, and she decided to overwrite a level she already downloaded. That got me wondering how many levels can you have downloaded and saved on to your system at one time?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cheesetriangles posted:

Always assume Nintendo will make the worst possible choice.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The first ten levels I'm making:

1. The ultimate race stage which is a flat plain to the maximum length . Then it enters a pipe to go to the subworld...
2. Which of these 100 Bowsers has the key?
3. A complex contraption of blocks on rails that assembles itself into a crude picture of a naked woman. A shell toggling the on/off switch animates her breasts.
4. Everything enemy from the menu bar in one tall stack, placed one square over Mario's starting position.
5. World 1-1... from Super Mario Bros. 2
6. TWO THOUSAND ONE UP MUSHROOMS!!!!!!!!
7. Coins spell out the name of a popular twitch streamer and that's the only thing in the level.
8. Lakitus dropping lakitus.
9. Can you find the invisible block with the one coin required to finish the stage? (30 second time limit)
10. Hotel Mario homage stage.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm watching Thedragonfeeney's stream, she was downloading new levels to play with her bf/husband, and she decided to overwrite a level she already downloaded. That got me wondering how many levels can you have downloaded and saved on to your system at one time?

I think I read 60 or 80.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

J-Spot posted:

I think I read 60 or 80.

Ok, given that these levels must be mere megabytes in size, if that (maybe even kilobytes?), why the hell can't we store some stupidly high amount like 1000?

Oh, right.

Nintendo.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Control Volume posted:

Nintendo is tying one hand behind their back to make sure they dont utterly destroy lesser companies and our minds with gaming perfection. Its admirable and I laud them for their consideration

:hai: the frustration just makes you love them more, Nintendo is domme af

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I will not play a single level non-Nintendo level until I've cleared story mode, if that's possible that's my stupid vow

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, given that these levels must be mere megabytes in size, if that (maybe even kilobytes?), why the hell can't we store some stupidly high amount like 1000?

Oh, right.

Nintendo.

Legit answer: organization. Yeah, they could easily give you space until you fill up storage but navigating that as a menu is hard. So they picked a cap that they thought most users wouldn't bump up against but still wouldn't let things get lost.

Nintendo does crazy stuff, but one of their most consistent things is that they always go for accessibility.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

The first ten levels I'm making:

5. World 1-1... from Super Mario Bros. 2

I'm genuinely looking forward for literally every level from SMB2 (USA) to be remade in this game, in the other game engines.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Relevant Tangent posted:

I will not play a single level non-Nintendo level until I've cleared story mode, if that's possible that's my stupid vow

Same. Apparently the story mode is a good teacher for creating levels so that should help me be inspired more.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope you're all ready for some fast paced auto scrollers :toot:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Do we know that downloaded levels can be edited yet? NintendoLife and some other reviewer disagreed on the matter.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

I just finished doing this.

People that are looking at buying this purely for stage creation should still play through Story mode at some point. I can think of one or two good reason as to why you would want to.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Tayter Swift posted:

Do we know that downloaded levels can be edited yet? NintendoLife and some other reviewer disagreed on the matter.

If you can, I can't figure out how. The Downloaded Courses tab is greyed out when loading a course in Course Maker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so I'm on the Canadian eshop, since I live here, and SMM2 is, regular price, 79.99. I have $30 in eshop credit, but it's telling me the total is then $61. I assume that's due to tax?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

drat it, the bookmark site doesn't work. How can Nintendo possibly be this stupid about online stuff?

e: Okay, time to revise the OP.

So is there no good way to share levels online?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ColdPie posted:

So is there no good way to share levels online?

Nope. We're back to the dark ages of punching in level codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Random Stranger posted:

7. Coins spell out the name of a popular twitch streamer and that's the only thing in the level.

Hey. Mine had an actual level attached.