Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 01 - Page 05 Continued

Okay, we're doing the Perception challenge and we'll keep doing it it as long as the Danger Meter is at 3.

Which, as it turns out, is moot - we get it on the first go.

Chapter 01 - Clue 23
Large Wooden Dowel

You find a large wooden dowel. Your psychic senses tell you this is an important item.
Keep this item. Move forward one space on the Psychic Scale.
Finish Story Card 5

With this large wooden dowel, we have increased in psychic power enough to reach Level 2! Also, getting the lid off of this sarcophagus should be a cinch!

And we pass again, even without needing the powerful dowel.

Chapter 01 - Clue 16
It takes some muscle, but you manage to remove the lid and surprised to find that not only is there no body, but and opening to a secret passageway offers yet another way out of the mausoleum.

Place the new Story Choice below at the bottom of Story Card 5. This option may be considered when you are ready to make your Story Choice.

---------------------------------------

PLEASE VOTE:

If you climb into the pit, go to Story Card 16.
---
If you travel through the tunnel, go to Story Card 28.
---
OR... to take the secret passageway, draw Clue 24.

Game State and Kept Clues

Current Psychic Power: 06 points, Level 02.

Current Danger Meter: 01 point, Difficulty 03.

Current Items:
Pocketknife: +1 to Fighting Challenges
Battery: Is a battery. Might be useful to power something later.
First Aid Kit: Discard at any time to reduce the Danger Meter by 4.
Satellite Dish: Psychic senses say it's important. No currently known use.
Cavalry Sabre: It's a sword. You can and should hit things with it, and it's psychically significant. +2 to Fighting Challenges.
Large Wooden Dowel: I like to think of it as an Andie. Psychically significant and +2 to Strength challenges.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Found secret, will take

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Secret! Secret! Hush, hush, hush!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Slaan posted:

Found secret, will take

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 01 - Clue 24
You travel through the tunnel for what feels like forever. The light disappears, and the tunnel eventually ends. You feel frightened and trapped. You want to run back and try the other routes out of the mausoleum.
Before you go , you feel around in the dark. There's nothing in front of you or to your sides. But you discover a mossy hatch in the tunnel ceiling. You turn the handle, and the hatch opens to a grassy patch at the entrance to a hedge maze.

Chapter 01 - Story Card 12
The hedge maze is massive. Its thick hedge walls are twice as tall as you but don't seem stable enough to climb, so you'll have to solve this labyrinth the old-fashioned way! You take a deep breath to steady your nerves and head through the maze's entrance.

PLEASE VOTE:

In the interest of saving time, please vote for Three (3) consecutive choices of Left or Right, because that's what we're going to be doing. The total for each choice will be tallied individually.

---

Current Items:
Cavalry Sabre: It's a sword. You can and should hit things with it, and it's psychically significant. +2 to Fighting Challenges.
Large Wooden Dowel: I like to think of it as an Andie. Psychically significant and +2 to Strength challenges.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 24, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:goleft::goleft::goleft:

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

When did we turn into Lone Wolf?

Judging by the illustration, I think that right left left might get us close to the centre.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I was hoping somebody would do literally this, so thank you. Voting is still open until tomorrow morning.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Due to the tie, I executed a coinflip for the first choice and it indicated right, so off we go to Clue 01.

Chapter 01 - Clue 01
You turn and follow a path for several minutes. Wait... this looks familiar...
Raise Danger Meter by one and draw Clue 11.

Chapter 01 - Clue 11
You keep going. And going. It seems like you just walked in a circle!
Raise Danger Meter by two and draw Clue 12.

Chapter 01 - Clue 12
You feel like you might be getting close to the end of the maze!
To go left, draw Clue 13
To go right, draw Clue 14.

We wanted to go left here, so

Chapter 01 - Clue 13
Finally you see it... The end of the maze!

Chapter 01 - Page 18
You finall come to the end of the hedge maze. It exits toward a pool house. A short stone pedestal stands in front of you with a metal lockbox on top. Perhaps someone wants to reward you for navigating that accursed maze, though the whole thing does seem suspicious.
Looking toward the pool house, you see its door is barely hanging from the hinges. There is also a gate that leads - you assume - directly to the pool.

Free Action
To see if the lockbox is open, draw Clue 03.

PLEASE VOTE:

Do we want to check the box? It's optional, but there's no challenge for it.

In any case,

If you explore the pool house, go to Story Card 11.

---
If you walk through the gate to check out the pool, go to Story Card 23.

Current Danger Meter: 04 points, Difficulty 04.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 24, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Didn't we already use the bottle of water? If not, use it now to drop our meter down to the bottom.

Definitely take the money open the box!

Then go explore the pool house, mainly because I think heading to the pool is just asking to get drowned.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

inflatablefish posted:

Didn't we already use the bottle of water? If not, use it now to drop our meter down to the bottom.

Then go explore the pool house, mainly because I think heading to the pool is just asking to get drowned.

We did use the bottle of water but I neglected to update that in the status before now.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

inflatablefish posted:

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 01 - Clue 03
Not only is the lockbox open, but inside you find the key to a truck. Your psychic senses tell you this is an important item.
Keep this item. Move forward 2 spaces on the Psychic Scale.

Then we wanted to go to the Pool House on Page 11.

Chapter 01 - Page11

You can tell that the pool house was once quite luxurious. It contains half a dozen private rooms with showers, as well as an ornate mahogany bar in the common area. It must have been fun to hang out in this place in its glory days. Those thoughts fade as the sounds of a disturbance erupt from the top of a gazebo in the distance.
And now you can hear a lone violin playing a soothing melody.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you investigate the gazebo, go to Story Card 9.

---
If you follow the sound of the violin, go to Story Card 17.

Note: we have been to the gazebo on page 9, so we can safely take that route to the end of the chapter without making additional choices. So if you want to go to the gazebo let me know if you want to move to a different location in this chapter or move on to Chapter 2.

Current Psychic Power: 08 points, Level 02.

Current Items:
Truck Keys: Keys to a truck, probably. Psychically significant.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 28, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

violin

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 01 - Page 17
You move further and further toward the hypnotic sound of the distant violin, which is oddly calming and uplifting even as the winds increase all around you.
You notice there is a driveway up in the distance, but before you get there, you arrive at a horse stable with an open gate. Inside, sitting on a stool, is the source of the violin music: a chimpanzee playing his heart out, a soulful expression on his face.
The chimp is fully committed to the music. You've never heard such an emotional performance.
It's... it's beautiful.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you leave the stable and go to the driveway, go to Story Card 30.

---
If you tiptoe through the gate to experience the full power of the performance, go to Story Card 24.

Note: we have been to page 30 - it's the end of the chapter. So if you want to go to the chapter end let me know if you want to move to a different location in this chapter or move on to Chapter 2.

Current Psychic Power: 08 points, Level 02.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 28, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

visit the pool
We already know death dead-ends exist in this game and the chimpanzee sure seems like one.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

DmitriX posted:

visit the pool
We already know death dead-ends exist in this game and the chimpanzee sure seems like one.

I know, and this is a terrible idea, but I just can't help wanting to listen to the chimp violinist!

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Due to a tie we do a coinflip, and it indicates we check the violin closer.

Chapter 01 - Page 24
You tiptoe through the open gate, eager to hear the finale of the chimp's violin piece. Quietly... quietly...
With your third step, you trigger a motion-sensor light that completely illuminates the interior of the building. Apparently, this is no stable: it's a kennel. Twenty Doberman Pinschers were peacefully enjoying the concert, but now they glare at you with hate in their eyes.
The chimp frowns and slowly points his violin bow toward you. The Dobermans respond and rush to attack you and then eat you alive. The last thing you see if the chimpanzee violinist laughing at your fate. So embarassing!

This sends us back to 17, which in turn sends us to 30, the Chapter End.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you head to the statuary, raise Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 4.
---

If you head to the cemetery, raise Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 21.
----

If you head to the ditch, raise Danger Meter by two and go to story card 26.
---

If you head to the pool, raise Danger Meter by two and go to story card 23.

-----
Otherwise you may advance to Chapter Two. Keep all inventory items.

Current Psychic Power: 07 points, Level 02.

Current Items:
Bottle of Water: Discard at any time to reduce the Danger Meter by 3.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 26, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

You -could- have mentioned flipping a coin at least, because as-is it just looks like you maliciously chose a bad vote.
Either way my vote remains at Pool.

Also you have an unclosed [b] in a post which just leaves lingering tension.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DmitriX posted:

You -could- have mentioned flipping a coin at least, because as-is it just looks like you maliciously chose a bad vote.
Either way my vote remains at Pool.

Also you have an unclosed [b] in a post which just leaves lingering tension.

Sorry, the coinflip was mentioned in the previous version of the post but I forgot to include it in the final. Bold tag is closed now.

We're moving on to the pool shortly.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
We have opted to travel back to the pool on page 23

Chapter 01 - Page 23
It's obvious that nobody has cleaned the pool in ages. The water is a murky green, and the surface is littered with leaves and branches. Ripples pulse outward from the center of the pool.
Out of nowhere, you hear a commotion. You look around and wonder if it's coming from the inside of the pool house nearby. Then you see movement on top of a gazebo in the distance. Someone - or something - is engaged in a struggle up there. Maybe they need your help! Then again, if you offer assistance you might end up needing help yourself.

Optional Perception Challenge: Investigate the ripples in the pool
Win: Lower danger meter by two and draw clue 8.
Lose: Raise danger meter by two. You may try again.

After Challenge, make Story Choice below.

PLEASE VOTE:
We now have 5+ points on the Danger Meter - do we want to use the medkit at this time?

Do we want to investigate the pool? If so, retry until it's successful or some other cutoff point.

In any case, both the pool house and the gazebo options are fully checked at this point, so we can make our way back to the Story Return at 30. This leaves unchecked options as:

----
-----

Current Psychic Power: 07 points, Level 02.

Current Danger Meter: 06 points, Difficulty 04.

Current Items:

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Try it once. If fails, eat a medkit then try again until successful no matter the cost. Then go to the poolhouse.

They REALLY want us to check out that gazebo huh? Guess the satellite thingy is important.

Regallion fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 26, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

MaskedHuzzah posted:

You tiptoe through the open gate, eager to hear the finale of the chimp's violin piece. Quietly... quietly...
With your third step, you trigger a motion-sensor light that completely illuminates the interior of the building. Apparently, this is no stable: it's a kennel. Twenty Doberman Pinschers were peacefully enjoying the concert, but now they glare at you with hate in their eyes.
The chimp frowns and slowly points his violin bow toward you. The Dobermans respond and rush to attack you and then eat you alive. The last thing you see if the chimpanzee violinist laughing at your fate. So embarassing!

I regret nothing!

DmitriX posted:

Try it once. If fails, eat a medkit then try again until successful no matter the cost. Then go to the poolhouse.

They REALLY want us to check out that gazebo huh? Guess the satellite thingy is important.
Yeah, let's do this.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 01 - Page 23 Continued

We have ohosen to go after the optional challenge and drat the risks! We're checking this out no matter what!

And we roll a 6, sending us to clue 8 without any real effort.

Chapter 01 - Clue 08
You walk down the steps into the water and see what's making the waves: a strange, whirring metal sphere, slightly bigger than a softball. You impulsively grab it.
The sphere vibrates in your hand. There are two buttons on it. You press one. Nothing happens. You press the other button. The sphere continues to vibrate. Instinctively, you press both buttons at the same time. The sphere stops moving and begins to glow.
Draw Clue 21

Chapter 01 - Clue 21
Whirring Metal Sphere

Your psychic senses tell you this is an important item.
Keep this item. Move forward 3 spaces on the Psychic Scale. Finish Story Card 23.

From Story Card 23 we go to the Pool House, which lets us go to the Gazebo (which we've solved) or the Violin (which we've investigated) with no branches we have not checked.

But there is one difference...

We have more PSYCHIC POWER, giving us the premonition shown. Premonitions are images of ~dangers ahead~, and a copy of this image will be added to the OP. But with this, we take the gazebo to the driveway, and back to the chapter end.

PLEASE VOTE:
We have made our way back to the Story Return at 30. This leaves unchecked options as:

----
-----

Current Psychic Power: 10 points, Level 02.

Current Items:
Whirring Metal Sphere: It's less whirring and more glowing now. Psychically significant.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 26, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
You know what, we've done everything else, we might as well hit the ditch.

And just on the off-chance that it contains another danger-reducing opportunity, I'm going to say not to use the first aid kit just yet. Soon, but not quite yet.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

inflatablefish posted:

You know what, we've done everything else, we might as well hit the ditch.

And just on the off-chance that it contains another danger-reducing opportunity, I'm going to say not to use the first aid kit just yet. Soon, but not quite yet.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Voting indicates a desire to dig through the ditches. Witch status remains unconfirmed.
Chapter 01 - Page 26

You land in the ditch, splashing into shallow, frigid water. At this point, you notice a large grate ahead of you, which partially blocks then entrance to a dark, cement culvert that the water flows into. If you bent over, you could walk under the lower rim of the grate and enter the culvert.
You then see a small piece of paper drifting by you in the water. You might be able to grab it if you act fast.

Optional Perception Challenge
Win: Draw Clue 19.
Lose: Raise Danger Meter by 1

Along the side of the ditch is a dusty path leading toward what appears to be an elaborate hedge maze.

We have 6 points on the Danger Meter - do we want to use the Medkit to go back to 1?

Do we want to try the optional challenge? Current difficulty is 4.

PLEASE VOTE:
We have made our way back to the Story Return at 30. This leaves unchecked options as:

If you enter the culvert, go to Story Card 28.
----

If you enter the hedge maze (we have already visited the hedge maze previously, but paths on it are unchecked) go to Story Card 12.

-----

Current Danger Meter: 06 points, Difficulty 04.

Current Items:
Whirring Metal Sphere: It's less whirring and more glowing now. Psychically significant.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 27, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Grab the paper, explore the unexplored
Entering the culvert seems like a GREAT opportunity to drown, and from what we have explored so far, in the very best case it should plop us into a cemetary.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

DmitriX posted:

Grab the paper, explore the unexplored
Entering the culvert seems like a GREAT opportunity to drown, and from what we have explored so far, in the very best case it should plop us into a cemetary.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Voting indicates a desire to engage in culvert ops. But first, we go for the paper.

Well, we missed. We tick up a point on the Danger Meter (difficulty is now 5). On to the culvert!

Chapter 01 - Page 28

You creep through the darkness and find the cement walls end as natural stone and earth begin. Occasional vents to the surface let in just barely enough light to see by. Ahead you glimpse the warm firelight of torches.
You come to a fork in the tunnel, lit by the dancing flames. One tunnel descends deeper and is half-filled with water. You could swim through it, but you can't see where the tunnel leads or how far it goes.
Another tunnel looks partially caved in. Tiny clumps of earth periodically fall from the ceiling as you approach this tunnel, and several of the supports that hold the walls up have gaping cracks in them.

We have 7 points on the Danger Meter - do we want to use the Medkit to go back to 2?

PLEASE VOTE:

If you dive into the water-filled tunnel, go to Story Card 22.
----

If you explore the partially collapsed tunnel, go to Story Card 16.

-----

Current Danger Meter: 07 points, Difficulty 05.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 27, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Use medkit and If you explore the partially collapsed tunnel, go to Story Card 16.

Just don't touch anything, I'm sure it will be fine.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Comstar posted:

Use medkit and If you explore the partially collapsed tunnel, go to Story Card 16.

Just don't touch anything, I'm sure it will be fine.

Agreed

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

wait what.
Why are we in the culvert, i was voting for unexplored parts of the hedge maze and decrying the culvert as a cool way to die.

Well, okay whatever, go play drownball

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DmitriX posted:

wait what.
Why are we in the culvert, i was voting for unexplored parts of the hedge maze and decrying the culvert as a cool way to die.

Well, okay whatever, go play drownball

The culvert was the entirely unexplored option - I don't know if there's anything else in the hedgemaze other than wrong paths so I took your vote as "go to the culvert".

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Step 1: Use the medkit to bring the Danger Meter down to a much safer 3 points.

Step 2: Into the tunnel!
Chapter 01 - Page 16
Without warning, the earthen walls begin to collapse around you, and before you can react, you are up to your waist in dirt. You writhe and twist, trying to escape, but it only causes more soil to cascade down. Soon it's up to your shoulders, then your neck, then your cheeks. You struggle to spit out the soil, but within moments you are fully buried. You can only see the dark earth in front of your eyes. Your hand closes around a metal disc - perhaps a coin? You'll never know, though, as the soil fills your lungs, and the world wavers and goes gray before finally turning black.

Move back 1 space on the Psychic Scale and return to the previous card

Well, we know not to access this card from the Graveyard or Mausoleum if we pass this way in the future. Which means we need to take the alternate route into the partially waterlogged tunnel on 22.

Chapter 01 - Page 22
Mustering all the courage you can, you dive into the watery tunnel. There is just enough room in the tunnel above the water for you to lift your head between strokes and take a breath.
Eventually, the tunnel drops lower until it's completely submerged under water. You hold your breath, dive down, and look around: after about thirty feet, the tunnel opens up to a bigger body of water - a pond or pool - with sunlight beaming into it. You pop up for air. Well, I've come this far, you think. You're ready to chance it. You take a deep breath and dive back down.
You get ten feet in... fifteen feet in... twenty-five feet in... Just as you're about to exit the underwater tunnel, something tugs on your leg. You can't tell if it's an animal or if you're caught in an underwater vine.

Required Fight Challenge: FIGHT TO ESCAPE!
Win: Draw Clue 20
Lose: Raise Danger Meter by four and try again.

We have a sword, so I assume we want to use it. We roll a 2, but with the power of our sword we manage to deal with it.

Chapter 01 - Clue 20
The thing - whatever it is - wraps more tightly around your leg. It's pulling you down! Another tendril (or tentacle?) slides around your neck. You pry it off, and with the last of your strength, you give a powerful kick, and you're free. Just like that, the thing is gone. You emerge into a swimming pool with a lush pool house next to it.
[i]Lower Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 23.

We've been to Story Card 23 before - it's the pool.

Note: I am assuming we want to use relevant booster items when they are available. If you would like to stop doing that, let me know.

We have cleared all paths from the pool, but it appears that I made a mistake in understanding the previous vote and people may want to return to the hedge maze. There are options in the hedge maze we did not take, so I will offer the option of returning to the hedge maze *for no additional Danger cost*.

PLEASE VOTE:

Go to the hedge maze on Page 12 (last run we took Right Left). If you would like to do this, please indicate the three directions you would like to turn.

-------
Leave Chapter 01 and Progress to Chapter 02.

Current Psychic Power: 09 points, Level 02.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 28, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hold on, so by visiting the ditch, we paid 2 danger level to lower the danger level by 2 and get nothing?
Yeah gently caress that noise, let's go for Chapter 2

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DmitriX posted:

Hold on, so by visiting the ditch, we paid 2 danger level to lower the danger level by 2 and get nothing?
Yeah gently caress that noise, let's go for Chapter 2

We could have picked up a mystery item and it's a path to the pool area if we hadn't done it already.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, I don't see much point in finding dead-ends in the hedge maze (possibly literally!), let's head on to the next chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, moving on to Chapter 2.
Chapter 1 stats:
7/30 pages unseen
6/27 clues unseen

Readers, I'm glad we've finally come this far, because Chapter 2 is where things start to get truly bonkers.

Chapter 02 - Intro and Page 31
You made it! You're inside the Marsden house, the cursed edifice that has haunted your nightmares for weeks. Your trek through the mansion's grouns has left you with far more answers, to the point where you have to wonder if the smart move would be to turn around right now and forget you ever came to this infernal place.
You're no quitter, though. You're an aspiring detective and psychic investigator. You won't give up this case until you find out why a spooky, futuristic mansion you'd never seen before has somehow found its way into your dreams. And why you got a call from the house this morning.
You're standing in a grand foyer. Its modern decor is elegant in its minimalism. Suddenly, a man in a delivery uniform bursts through a set of tall, double doors screaming.
"Help! Help! They're after me," the man cries. He rushes toward you, but suddenly drops to the ground as if he had been hit by an invisible hammer. You dash to his side and hear his breath coming in short gasps that almost sound like sobs. He gives a terrible shriek and lies still. This man has been frightened to death, you think.
Just then he inhales sharply, jumps to his feet, and bolts past you and out of the house. You breathe a deep sigh of relief. So, not quite to death. Something falls from his clothing as he makes his exit, and it hits the floor, tinkling. You kneel down to inspect the object and discover that it's a small dart, the kind that might have come from a blowgun. Whatever this man was afraid of, his fear seems to have been justified.
Just how dangerous is this house? As your thoughts swirl, a loud, buzzing noise erupts from somewhere beneath your feet, shaking the floor. The noise is so loud it drowns out the gathering storm outside.
Just as quickly as it came, the noise stops. It sure sounds like something weird is happening beneath the manor. You're willing to bet that - whatever is happening is in this place - the answers await you down there.
Draw Clue 57 to discover your goal!
Chapter 2 Goal: Find access to the basement.

You don't see any way to a lower level from the foyer. Rather, a sweeping stairway leads upstairs, while the double doors that the frightened man ran through head off to your right, and a smaller door, slightly ajar, leads in the opposite direction.

Note: I am assuming we want to use relevant booster items when they are available. If you would like to stop doing that, let me know.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you take the stairs to the second floor, go to Story Card 39.

----
If you go through the double doors, go to Story Card 51.

-------
If you walk through the smaller door, go to Story Card 42.

Current Psychic Power: 09 points, Level 02.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 28, 2019