Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
As happy as I am to see DBry retain the weed belt, that was a drat good match from Kofi and he just in the course of a week managed to credibly explode out of the midcard into a legit main event spot. That's incredible. Good for him.

I'd love to see The New Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston at Wrestlemania. I don't think they knew what to do with Bryan at Wrestlemania and just managed to stumble into the answer.

I think I'll actually stick around for The World's Happiest Champion too. Mark Henry owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the only thing worse than kofi losing was graves going "this is defeaning" about an arena that sounded like it had a few hundred people in it

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Dango Bango posted:

Sexual Chocolate's coming early!
I suppose there's a first time for everything.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm getting back to watching regularly if they're going to do Kofi/Bryan/New Day/Ecowarriors going towards Mania, that's some good poo poo.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I miss when PPVs went from 8-11 irregardless

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Would Mustafa Ali gotten all of this??

He wouldn't have gotten as over as Kofi did with the crowd

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
EC was worth it for this match alone

I love you all

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That absolutely loving ruled but they should have pulled the trigger.

Nnnnnaah. If you're gonna pull the trigger on Kofi, do it at Mania.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Mukaikubo posted:

lol "let them build the angle"

it's not happening

edit: how can you have watched the last five years of this poo poo company and think that there's a grand plan to make fans happy

It's got to be the Wrestlemania match. There's nothing else. AJ got eliminaed midway through the match and his program with Bryan has gone on long enough, Bryan killled Jeff and he was the second elimination, Cena's on hiatus again, but Kofi got the rub of being one of the few people allowed to kick out of the Busaiku Knee. This has gotta be the program.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

the only thing worse than kofi losing was graves going "this is defeaning" about an arena that sounded like it had a few hundred people in it

I think he said "the silence is deafening."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Yeah the amount of times he went "THIS PLACE IS ROCKIN" like, it got conspicuous how not rockin' it was.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I hope so, SO bad for this to happen, give Kofi the belt at Mania & let him have a decent run with it

I legit think he might get a gold watch title run out of this, and Wrestlemania already has a Lesnar match and Ronda/Becky/Charlotte to satisfy the quota of traditional big-name main events. Kofi/Bryan at Mania might actually happen.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

glad this worked out for kofi but also sad as poo poo this was probably ali's spot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Whatever I will watch his Mark Henry thing because I love Mark

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Teddybear posted:

I'm getting back to watching regularly if they're going to do Kofi/Bryan/New Day/Ecowarriors going towards Mania, that's some good poo poo.

Bryan and New Day promo-ing each other would be loving gold.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Looking back this was actually a surprisingly good PPV! I went in with super low expectations and they more than exceeded them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I haven't been this invested in a main roster match in so long I can't remember when.

I had that NXT Takeover feeling throughout that EC match.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That felt like a retirement match of sorts.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Yeah the amount of times he went "THIS PLACE IS ROCKIN" like, it got conspicuous how not rockin' it was.

Dude it was loud as poo poo during that last match.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Would Mustafa Ali gotten all of this??

no

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

IDONTPOST posted:

glad this worked out for kofi but also sad as poo poo this was probably ali's spot

I kinda think Ali would have been knocked out early to middle

But nonetheless, as long as we see gold around Kofi's waist, it will have all been worth it

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

give kofi the loving strap gently caress environmentalism gently caress marxism and gently caress daniel bryan

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah no kidding. The pop for Trouble In Paradise was like Ziggler cashing in the MITB.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CarlCX posted:

man, just this once, do the thing.

I'M VINCE MCMAHON GODDAMNIT!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously, the crowd was fully into Kofi and it ruled.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wait...EC is over? I just got in on the last match?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fun fact, any photo you take of Kofi Kingston has Big E's massive grinning face watermarked in the background.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would like to suggest Daniel Bryan always participate in EC matches.

He once made me believe Santino had a chance of winning the title. Daniel Bryan is a goddamn master of the wrestling craft.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cabbit posted:

Fun fact, any photo you take of Kofi Kingston has Big E's massive grinning face watermarked in the background.

It's like The Sun Dog, but when he gets out of the photo he's just gonna gyrate while never breaking eye contact with you.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

Corey graves definition of "rockin" is a Disney channel interpretation of psychobilly to be fair

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Please let this be the mania WWE title match

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

IDONTPOST posted:

Ali wouldn’t have gotten that spot

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Mustafa Ali is cool and all for a cop but Kofi absolutely deserved that and he fuckin showed up big time. any other mania match would be a disappointment

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the gauntlet sure, but not this part.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Angry Grimace posted:

Ali wouldn’t have gotten that spot

who woulda been the last then aj, orton? either of those realities suck rear end so you're right because wwe is very very bad at writing the easiest thing to write

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Man, I’ve been to a decent number of PPVs since I became a fan again a decade ago and I honestly can’t remember a crowd being that loud. Building was ready for Kofi as champion. Fun stuff!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

:smith:

Give Kofi the belt at Mania.

If they do that (they won't) then this was great booking

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mark Henry is a Goddamn monster :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
If they do Becky/Ronda and Kofi/Bryan I may actually buy tickets to be let down for a 4th year in a row.