Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Zro Ta- Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

"Thank you, lord." Zro bows. Despite how loath she is to admit it even to herself the power of the Sith lords does scare her. It is almost intolerable that others threaten her existence. She will learn from them, cultivate her strength. And then? Then they will see that they did not understand what she was.

Zro's long legs eat up distance as she returns to the landing zone and Amdis.

Return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Kolzaar Rathe - Medical Bay - Korriban

The good doctor wiped the last of Kolzaar's sickly yellow blood from the priceless seeming prosthetic, clinically disinterested. "That ought to do the trick." He said, coldly. "You can sit up now. I'm gonna ask you to perform a couple simple exercises, just to see that your nervous system has accepted the graft. Now, please make a fist."

Kolzaar looked down at his new hand. Then up at the doctor. Then down at his new hand. "I ... I have never ... how is it done?" The doctor raised an eyebrow. "You just... well you close all of your fingers at once. Tightly."

Kolzaar never broke eye contact with his new hand. Very quietly and to no one in particular he declared a single word.

"Fingers"

Like it was the most natural thing in the world, Kolzaar's metal hand folded into a fist. "Good." The doctor said. "Now please point with your index fing-"

"HA! I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE MADE THE FIST!"

The good doctor narrowed his eyes. "Yes." He couldn't have sounded less amused. "Now, please point with your index fing-"

Kolzaar leapt from the bed like a man on fire holding his new hand at eye level and hooting like a creature possessed. "My whole life has led to this moment! With this gift, I possess all of the powers of the humans! Observe! I have long awaited this moment."

The doctor took a step back, a little more nervous than before. But to his shock, all Kolzaar did was press his metal hand against his neck. And begin to scratch.

"C'aaaawwww its is glorious doctor. Glorious! This feeling, it is incomparable."

The doctor was now truly dumbfounded. But he found the strength to say. "Good. I'm glad, you're adapting to the new prosthetic, so quickly."

"I will scratch every inch of my body."

"I don't want to know that."

"Doctor! Doctor, do me a great honor. I have seen this ceremony among the humans and I wish to participate now." Kolzaar stretched his palm out straight forward, holding it just in front of the doctor's face.

"...Ceremony?"

"Please hold my hand."

"... Yeah. I'm not comfortable with that."

"It is a sign of affirmation."

"Yes, I'm fully aware."

"To 'seal the deal'. Out of respect for your service."

The doctor released a long frustrated sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Kolzaar, you're asking to 'shake my hand' theres a very important distinction. And it isn't done like that, your hand is too high. Put it just below chest level, yes, just like that. And face the palm toward your core. Good."

"Am I performing correctly now doctor?" Kolzaar asked.

"Not exactly. That's what we would call a very limp handshake. You want to use more force when grasping my- AAGHCK!!

Kolzaar withdrew his hand, clicking in reverance at the perfect appendage. "What a marvelous appendage."

The doctor stormed over to the door and opened it angrily, nursing his bruised hand. "The arm works! Get out!"

"Doctor, will I be able to play the piano?"

"No. You'll be able to play half a piano. Like a child. Or an idiot. Get out of my office!"

"A great improvement. Your work is exceptional doctor. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

"LEAVE!"

Kolzaar ducked beneath the door frame and made his way into the cavernous hall, turning around before he was out of earshot of the medical bay. "Doctor, perhaps you could point me to the armory? I will require a replacement training weapon."

The door to the med-bay slammed shut, but not before Kolzaar heard the doctor's answer.

"Stupid. loving. Alien."

The cold reality of his world sank in around him as his joy retreated. It hadn't been the doctor's choice to give him such a pristine prosthetic. He hadn't made a friend. The prejudices that pushed him to this life had followed him to this foreign world. But, looking at his new, perfect arm, Kolzaar was reminded that someone here saw his value. Saw him as more than just an alien.

"... I will write a note to A-Gon. Thank her for her kindness." Kolzaar's eyes narrowed as he started his march toward some distant armory. "Investment." He corrected himself. "Her investment."

Kolzaar's gonna go look for the armory. Because his training blade is on the dead body of Mavis. Probably in a furnace somewhere. Gonna wander the halls looking for a place to acquire a weapon.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada -Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Zef gasped at the revelation. It would seem the Dark Side was a pathway to many abilities that could be used in... a petty waste of resources. They must have been bored out of their minds before they had a galaxy to conquer. Whatever these unfortunates had done, it probably did not warrant such a fate. He glanced to Katara inspecting a stone slab.

"The occupants of this tomb are.... not completely dead. I think they might be ghouls now." He took a beat to overcome his pity and focus on the task at hand. Ending their misery would have to be a secondary objective. "Holocron was placed in the middle one."

He began to circle the center while weighing his options. He could not tell if he was exhausting his natural affinity with the force or the sheer power present here was clouding his vision but he had no clear path forward.

He decided to fall back to his smuggling days. The job was to get the Holocron. To do that he needed to unseal this thing. Straightforward in concept, complex and dangerous in practice.

"I'm going to remove it. It could trigger anything. Be prepared."

Zef reached out with the force and began to pick the locks and extract the prize...

Going to try force-picking the lock. I saw it close and am attempting to use my vision and prescience to reverse engineer that process both metaphysically and mundanely without tripping any traps. Or just a smash and grab with hell following. Precogniton and Sith Inquisitor for a total of +4

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 12, 2019

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Kier looks to Vor'drosai. "Seems like the right place. We might even be able to score some ancient sith artifacts or gear. I could use some cortosis woven clothing, or perhaps a blade."

Lets go in?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara Orono, Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

"There are likely passageways behind some of these slabs. I'm going to cover them in case taking the holocron wakes anything up and they come busting through. We need to be on our toes and ready to run if necessary, who know what kind of traps they have set in here."

Katara ignites the lightsaber and holds it in a ready position, hoping for a quick and debilitating strike at the side of anything that comes rushing through one of the slab/doors.

Sith Inquisitor [+2] to lay an ambush. Battle Meditation [+2] now focusing on physical ability instead of a mental defense. Might end up regretting that but she's more worried about traps than spooky ghosts.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Vor walks through the camp, letting his gaze linger here or there. He's not following any particular feeling, simply allowing his feet to be guided by the Force. Even if it proves fruitless, he does know one thing at least.

"They're here. Somewhere."

Gonna try to narrow down some likely suspects like I'm dowsing, using Sith Inquisitor +2 to inquisit via the Force. :v:

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 17, 2019

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Do not post until Valhawk updates~!

Katara Orono & Zef Arkada Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Katara's lightsaber glows at the ready. As Zef reached out with the force and began to pick the locks the lids on all three coffins slid open soundlessly. Within the first coffin was a desiccated corpse, the third coffin was empty perhaps the user had found a way to become one with the force long ago? Within the center coffin lay a figure covered in sith cybernetics and dark clothing. Its pale skin and face were gaunt but the figure was clearly fed by the darkside as the purple veins and eyes opened revealing their red and almost jaundiced nature. The bindings that had held it in torture and torment had gone brittle and it ripped them off with a snap. Sitting up as the holocron drifted into Zef's hands, the figure turned its head towards Katara and Zef and its eyes narrowed. "Who are you?!". The darkside radiated off the figure as hatred, pain, and its passions flooded the room.

You got the holocron! Also meeting new friends or enemies perhaps!

Kolzaar Rathe - Sith Armory - Korriban

The sith armory was protected by two figures in red armor, imperial guard. As you approach them one demands. "Halt. Alien. The Dark council does not let mere initiates into the armory without explicit orders. Who are you and why are you here? Who is your overseer?"

You could go into the armory or you could relieve some other apprentice of the weapon, or perhaps ask the overseer nicely now that you have a new arm!

Bikke - Overseer Talco's Office, Korriban

Talco beckoned to Bikketo approach. "Good. For an alien. Now let me see." He examined the scrolls. "Hmm...a few new scrolls and repeats of some of the older writings. Lord A-gon...will be...pleased." He said satisfactorily. "Your other fellow apprentices have not returned. Did you happen to see any of them in the tomb?" Talco asked innocuously, a knowing smile at the corners of his mouth. As he waited for your answer the other apprentice entered and gave Talco his portion of the scrolls. "Excellent! All of these are new. I see great things for you initiate." He turned back to Bikke. "Both of you have done well, you have my praise. I will gather you all...those that lived. Back here. You will be summoned. Until then you may explore the temple, and perhaps study in the library." There were shops and vendors of various scavenged artifacts and weapons as well but the overseer did not need to mention this. That your servant had been luckier than you with the scrolls grated on you but there was nothing to be done for it now. Both of you were free for the time being to perhaps construct those lightsabers. If you could get the materials or credits for them...

You new minion is a warrior, he doesn't have a special force talent or specialty like you and the others. He is strong and will follow you who is the stronger. He grew up on tatooine from a family of traders.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Zro Ta- Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Spindrall ignores you, he has passed his judgement and he no longer deigns to respond.  The return trip through the Tomb goes smoothly, any threats long since cleared by the other Initiates.  Leaving the tomb through the other entrance you can catch a glimpse of the academy proper.

The great pyramid sits at the head of the Valley of the Dark Lords, the ancient burial place of the Sith since before the Great Hyperspace war millenia ago.  Fortunately, the Tomb of Ajunta Pall is one of the tombs in the upper valley closest to the academy. The path back is well trodden and free from danger. Outside of the academy proper a military camp filled with soldiers and busy slaves bustles.  Up the ancient ramp and through the great gate, you enter the Academy building itself. In the center is a great room with a massive obelisk at its center. You can feel the Dark Side thrumming in the air, as students, Initiates, and slaves make themselves busy with their tasks.

You don’t have much difficulty in finding Overseer Amdis’s office, when you arrive you find him behind his desk, studying a datapad.

He looks up when he hears you arrive.  “At last the straggler deigns to arrive.” He says with a sneer.  “If it might not be perceived as an insult to Lord Spindrall I would cut you down where you stand.  I suppose nothing better is to be expected of alien scum like you. All of the other Initiates have departed on the next trial.  I’m not particularly interested in explaining it all again, so suffice to say we have received information that a rogue element of slaves is planning to attack the Reclamation Service team that is arriving to survey the newly discovered tomb in the lower valley.  Stop them or die.”

“Now, get to it, I have more important things to do than worry about an incompetent like you.”  He returns to looking at his datapad.

Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

You and the twi’lek split apart, he seems to drift around while you make your way to the tomb the camp surrounded.  It was still being excavated, but it was an impressive sight nonetheless.

At the entrance is a cordon of a few guards manning a checkpoint.  As you approach, seeing the training saber on your back one of the officers approaches you.

“My lord, my apologies, but by order of the Dark Council all entrance to the tomb has been forbidden until the Reclamation Service’s survey is completed.”  He seems not tremendously thrilled to be the one to forbid a sith, even an Initiate to do anything, and so he quickly tries to redirect the conversation to something more likely to put him in your good books.  “Would you be any chance be one of the Initiates set to assist us with the rumors of an attack that have been circulating? I would be happy to provide you what information I can about this place if it pleases you, my lord.”

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

You wander the camp, going as the force leads you, well as best as you can anyways.  The feelings are indistinct, everytime you think your’re getting closer you get farther away.  It doesn’t help that you stand out in your Initiates robes and gear. After a time spent searching, you finally lose whatever trace you were following when you hear a guttural laugh.  

The trandoshan slave is either particularly foolhardy or stupid, as it's fairly clear its you he’s laughing at.  “For a Sith, you are a poor hunter.” He calls in the gravelly basic of his species.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Why yes I am, Sergeant." Kier looked around. "Tell me about the potential uprising, and..just between us: What is inside that has gotten the reclamation service so...spooked with the security?" Kier looked around but couldn't see what the fuss was about.

Kier has no intentions of going inside...that would be...well. We'll see.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Zro bobs her head in acknowledgement and moves on. A small smile plays across her face as she turns. A much more agreeable task than bowing and scraping for a crazy old hermit. As she departs, Zro draws upon the Force and assumes a mantle she has worn many times before. Unsteady eyes will turn from her, weak minds will glaze over her passage. She hunts, wreathed in absence.

Proceed to the new tomb, cloaked from sight by the Force. Twisting Minds +2 and Sith Inquisitor +2

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke put the frustration at his servant’s superior recognition behind him. So long as the other didn’t start to get the wrong idea about his station, it mattered little at the moment. The downtime on the other hand did matter. It wasn’t something he entirely expected, but he knew immediately what had to be done. Having a lightsaber would be nice, but Bikke understood that ultimately his weapons wasn’t a saber or even an army, but the Force. And here he was in the center of millenia of sith tradition and knowledge. It was an opportunity he couldn’t afford to pass up.

Sending his follower to see to other tasks, perhaps obtain some credits or other tribute to prove his loyalty and usefulness, Bikke headed to the whatever libraries were open to initiates. His greatest advantage was his power over life, but it was still something he knew little about. What he did know beyond the intuitive understanding he had developed from use was that he was not the first Sith to delve into such things. The existence of so many strains of Sithspawn confirmed that. Perhaps then there might be information on past study of the skill that he could use to better understand and make use of his own knack for it.

Bikke’s gonna head to whatever sort of library is available in hopes of learning more about his force specialty. Sith Inquisitor[+2] for the research combined with his Life Manipulation[+2] to hopefully be able to match his understanding of how it works with whatever info he can find on it. Goal here is to get a better idea on what he can do with it, and maybe start the long process of strengthening it.

While he studies, he’s letting his follower take this opportunity to prove his usefulness and loyalty.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef had been expecting something less conversational, so his initial reaction was to stash the holocron in a sachel and put his hand on the thermal detonator. As he understood what was happening, his plans changed accordingly.

"Greetings, I am Zef Arkada. An initiate of the Sith at the Academy here on Korriban. Unless I miss my mark you are a Sith out of time. Ragnos has been dead over a thousand years. But they say his spirit lingers... The Sith Empire fought a war in the stars against a Republic and a group of Light-sided force users. They lost and retreated, and are now back to reclaim the galaxy.

I am certain your knowledge and obvious power would bring you prestige and influence in the modern Sith, if you would choose to return to the Academy with us."

He looked to Katara to see if she had anything to add.

Just going to ask him to rejoin the Sith. Never got that chat running.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

The trandoshan slave is either particularly foolhardy or stupid, as it's fairly clear its you he’s laughing at. “For a Sith, you are a poor hunter.” He calls in the gravelly basic of his species.

Vor looked over to regard the lizard as if he could not believe the Trandoshan was speaking to him in such a manner, before simply shrugging and turning to speak with him.

“It’s my first day,” he admits casually. “You know what I’m hunting?”

There is a short pause, but it passes almost before you notice it. The trandoshan shrugs, "I can't see the future like you force-types, but I also can't imagine that an Initiate like you would be stalking around the camp like this for anything but the rumored rebels."

“Very good; you are correct.” Vor’drosai looked the lizard up and down a moment. “You seem the sort that might know a thing or two about these rumored rebels. Or you know someone who does. And I seem to find myself in need a hunter. Aid me, and I will see that you are rewarded.”

The Trandoshan gives you a toothy smile. "You're a Sith, or you soon will be, I imagine if you told the overseers you were taking me for your own use they couldn't do much to object. I'd much rather serve a rising Sith like you than toil away in manual labor until they tire of me. Do that and I'll help you find your prey."

“Deal.”

That was simple enough. He had no idea just how much clout an Initiate had, but he figured it was enough to get this done, at least.

Informing the Overseers that the Trandoshan slave is mine now, and that he is needed for important Sith business. using whatever authority Sith Inquisitor +2 grants me!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

"Or perhaps you would prefer to remain unknown. Zef and I are reasonable folk- we've no reason to tell anybody about your existence. Doubly so if we get something out of the deal- I wouldn't mind picking up a few pointers from outside the usual curriculum." Katara tilts her head and winks, but holds the lightsaber steady.

Conversing for now, but ready for this to go south at any time. Maintaining Battle Meditation [+2] for physical ability, using Sith Inquisitor [+2] for fighting if needed. Also keying the deadman's switch on the Lightsaber so if I'm disarmed somehow it needs to be re-ignited; that split second might make a difference.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

“Oh it’s nothing unusual, my lord, it’s standard procedure to quarantine new tombs on Korriban until the Reclamation Service can make a crack at them.  After a few… unfortunate incidents where Initiates damaged delicate artifacts the Dark Lords decided to ensure new tombs were properly surveyed and the more delicate artifacts properly secured for analysis.”  The officer very tactfully does not mention that this also allows the Dark Council first pick of the choicest artifacts in new tombs, but he doesn’t have to.

“As for this site, we believe it to be the Tomb of Simmus. Lord Simmus was a rival of Marka Ragnos and the teacher of Naga Sadow.  His death at the hands of Republic agents started the the Great Hyperspace War that lead to the fall of the Old Sith Empire a millenia ago.”

“As for more modern developments, there are always rumors of slave uprisings of varying size and intensity, but it's unusual for such movements to attempt something this targeted or high profile.  Such misbehavior tends to fall more into the random acts of violence than symbolic terrorist attacks. I imagine the Reclamation Service will take necessary precautions, but you can never be too careful.”

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban[

You draw on the force to disappear, but find it much more difficult than you remember, requiring greater focus and drawing deeper on your reserves of the force than it had before.  It takes you awhile, but finally it dawns on you why. Unlike the colony where you grew up you stood out here. Not only were you an alien uncommon in the Empire, but you were a Sith Initiate.  Slaves and Imperials were used to keeping an eye out for Initiates and combined with the double incongruity of the fact that you were an alien initiate you stood out like a sore thumb. What all this meant was that there was more to notice, and so it required greater effort to turn attention away from where it was naturally drawn.  By the time you reach the camp at the tomb in the lower valley, you were drained and could no longer keep up the effort to disguise your presence. If you wanted to effectively disguise yourself you would need to further develop your skills or figure out a way to make yourself less conspicuous.

You return to the center of the camp, to the fairly well equipped headquarters of sorts where the progress on preparing the tomb for the arrival of the reclamation service team is monitored and the various work parties are directed.  Off to one side, you find the Imperial responsible for the work detachment where the trandoshan was located. A stolid sort, not one of the more prim and proper types from the upper classes you have seen all too many times. He is reviewing work orders and doling out assignments when you arrive.  When you enter his tent he looks up at you ascanse, clearly thinking you are just another slave until he sees your training blade and robes. Even then it takes him a second to really put two and two together.

“Can I help you… my lord?”  he almost forgets the add the honorific, but catches himself.  When you explained your purpose here and your desire to requisition one of the slaves under his command he looks ready to protest, at least until you mention just which slave you were planning to take.  Then he is nothing but accommodating, he seems almost eager for you to take the trandoshan off his hands, and takes care of all the paperwork himself.

When you return, the tradoshan seems quite pleased with himself.  “Name’s Khrad, by the way, now you were hunting some rebels?”

You’ve gained a companion: Khrad (Trandoshan Hunter)[+2].

Please don't post until Iamcommunist posts his update as well.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Starwarsy Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFaz27eAAjc

Kolzaar Rathe - Sith Armory - Korriban
Kolzaar meekly asked for a training weapon from the two guards. One of them laughed. "Be right back, initiate. We were just funning with you." The imperial guards were no joke, that they took the time to be humorous with you spoke that they saw your limb. The sign of a warrior's respect. The one who jibbed with you gave you something. A vibroblade instead of a mere training weapon. "Try to keep this one, unlike your arm." He said warmly as he slapped you on the side playfully.

Given weapon, you make your way back to Overseer Talco's office. He's sitting behind his desk reading.

Bikke - Library, Korriban
-= Your servant sent on shaking down newer initiates he would return to you later in the day with a not quite small but not quite large pile of credit chips. =- GM: Basically you sent him away to sell junk and get creds he will be back at the end of the update. =-

As Bikke begins his studies in the library, he finds writings by Lord Shalath about Shadow Spawn and Sith Spawn. The research was quite illuminating. He found himself absorbed in his studies until his servant appeared with handfuls of credit chips. "Some of the other classes of initiates didn't need these no more." He said with a toothy and predatory smile. "Better they go to a sith (meaning Bikke) who can actually use them." The credits would be enough to complete the light sabers if they visited the right *ahem* vendor selling such things. There also was the sith armory which would definitely have the parts. The credits could bribe someone to let Bikke in...

You gain Darkside-Lifecraft [+0], begining a rudimentary understanding of manipulation beyond a mere, initiate. This is apprentice level knowledge, which can be used to sap a foe DoT style or make people go unconscious.

Zef Arkada & Katara Orono -Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban
"Academy? At the seat of the Sith Empire? What of Yavin?" The figure says. "Who am I? Why can I not remember?" The ancient sith looked around the tomb. You suddenly saw the back of the figure's head. It was missing that part of the skull, the indentation showed a concave missing portion that had been fitted with sith technology and a metal plate to keep the user alive as long as possible and to keep the stem of the brain going. Whoever wanted to torture this individual wanted it to go on beyond memory and time. It quickly looked back to Zef and Katara. Seeing her lightsaber it contained death in its eyes as its own lightsaber ignited...before the look faded. Then it put it away. "I don't know why but I should be angry. The force sustains me." It said this through a heavy rebreather mask, its voice almost robotic. " Within the sarcophagus were hundreds of small appendages with implements of both torture and medical preservation. Whoever this used to be, mentally, they were gone now. Skills remained to the figure though. "Which one of you awoke me?" It asked quietly. Dangerously? Or...?

He doesn't remember who he is, lots of it is bionic and cyborg as is traditional in sith when damaged. He is a warrior for certain, the others...the decomposition is too much to tell. Whoever he or she was, you know that they were powerful enough to challenge Marka Ragnos but not powerful enough to defeat him.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 9, 2019

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke was well pleased with his servant's tribute. "Excellent, now it's time to see if we can make use of the spoils of the tomb." He thinks about how best to acquire a crystal to accompany the rest of the lightsaber parts they had recovered. He had heard rumors about individuals who might sell such things, but he was hardly experienced with haggling, not to mention the fact that as a non-human he was likely to attract all the wrong sorts of attention. No, it would be better to send his follower, the merchant's son would likely get a better deal and draw less attention. He informs the man of his decision and his reasoning, adding. "It is best if we keep our acquisitions a secret, power your enemy does not know you possess is power they cannot plan for."

He would not be idle while his follower was off at his task, for the texts he had read stated that lightsaber crystals were sensitive to the force perhaps even alive. If that was in fact the case, then perhaps he could find a way to enhance whatever crystals the warrior managed to aquire. After all, he had always had a knack for "improving" animals, perhaps he could do the same here.

Bikke's gonna send his follower to go try and buy some crystals on the theory that the human merchant's son will be less attention grabbing than a former alien slave. While the warrior does that, Bikke will turn his research to ways to alter or enhance the lightsaber crystals via the force. Sith Inquisitor[+2] for general research on the subject, and Life Manipulation[+2] to see if there's a way to use it to manipulate the crystals if they are in fact alive in some fashion.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Zro hisses. Weak weak weak. She ducks into the first empty tent she comes across and lets her shroud fall with a gasp. She won't have long amidst the bustle of this camp before someone comes in. It would be worse than useless to be seen now after having infiltrated the camp. It would reveal her capabilities to whatever watchers the rebel slaves had nearby. A second failure... unthinkable. Zro grits her grinding palettes and closes her eyes. She must recover enough to sneak to a more secluded hiding spot or at least enough to beguile whoever entered the tent.

Zro tries to regain enough strength to find better hiding spot before being discovered. Just +2 Inquisitor unless someone discovers her and she has to attempt +2 Mind Twisting. Good hiding spots would be equipment storage that won't be used until the Reclamation Team arrives or any sort of individual housing whose occupant she can come to an... accord with.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

"I was the one who unsealed the sarcophagus. How would you like to proceed?"

I'm ready for anything.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor mmms. Well, that went as smoothly as he could have hoped. He turned to the lizard.

"Yes, we're looking for rebel slaves who are planning an attack. Now, I expect you know something about this, or know who might. Your job is to lead me to them. I'll do the questioning. With luck we'll round the lot of them up and be out of here within a day."

Let's use what Khrad +2 knows! Or hopefully knows.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zer Arkada, Katara Orono - Tom of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

The ancient sith looked from left to right. Measuring and waiting for the answer to the question. Infinitely patient

Zef shrugged. "I was the one who unsealed the sarcophagus. How would you like to proceed?".He moved his hand to the hilt of his sword but his face held no eagerness to use it.

The cyborg looked at you and nodded. "You look like an initiate. However, the force seems to have linked our fates." It thought a moment. "I won't interfere in your interactions with your overseer. But I will follow you. I'm not what I once was, but in time I will regain some of what was lost." GM: Let the force vampire-cyborg thing join you as a companion? Y/N?

Player: JamezBfod: Y

“If it would suit you I would welcome your service. If you cannot recall your name I will dub you “Sorken”. Zef looked around the chamber. “Now we will need to escape the way we came. Hopefully we can follow our tracks through the dust. I will be using my gifts to be sure, though.”

Sorken nods. “It is as good a name as any.” He throws a force wave ahead of you and Zef into the hallway, then grunts at the exertion. Several traps sprang and exploded in the halls beyond. “I will need to kill to get stronger. Living things.” He shook himself asd he said it as if wondering where the knowledge came from. “We can follow your tracks after we get beyond the area of my force usage.” He nodded. Waiting to see if Zef were ready to go.

Zef were ready. He looked to Katara for confirmation before closing his eyes to "feel" his way back.

Accepting the creepy force vampire, using Precognition +2 and Sith Inquisitor +2 to make our way back safely. Total +4

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 9, 2019

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Kier nodded. No getting inside without more problems. The tomb would have to wait. "Very good then, I and a fellow initiate will assist if you are targeted by these rebel slaves. Failure unfortunately is not an open." Kier thought about this and added. "Neither is death." As he felt that dark emotion once again as his cells were charged with the darkside. His veins pulsed and were again still as he shuddered against the unnatural feeling that was happening with more and more frequency. There would be no real answers here either and Kier hoped that Vor had better luck. Kier went back to the meeting place where he would meet Vor, he sat and began meditating on the darkside.

Going to wait for Vor and see what he comes up with. I could wander but it seems he might get further than I will asking imperials.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara deactivates the lightsaber. "I've no issues. Welcome to the party, Sorken. I would probably keep my head down when we get back to the surface, if I were you. You stick out quite a bit."

Following Zef, using Sith Inquisitor [+2] to map the way through the tunnels and marking out any traps as Zef senses them. The route to the hidden chamber may be worth something in addition to the holocron itself.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Valhawk posted:

Lom Trajak - Overseer's Office, Sith Academy, Korriban

You make your way through the academy grounds quickly, arriving to find a gaggle of other Initiates waiting in Overseer Amdis office. You do not see any you fought alongside before, and a few others are missing as well.

Amdis himself soon enters and after looking over the group begins to speak.

“Those of you who have made it here have earned Lord Spindrall’s approval. However, do not his opinion that you might have potential to mean that you are Sith. Lord Spindrall has agreed to weed out the most unworthy, but his approval alone will not earn you the favor of a Lord. Now, the time has come for your second trial. Rumors have spread that there exists among the slaves a faction who have decided to rise up. In a week’s time, a detachment from the Imperial Reclamation Service will be arriving to investigate a newly uncovered tomb. We have received intelligence that these rebel slaves intend to attack the Reclamation Service team and bomb the tomb.”

A small gasp goes up in the room, the idea of such an attack is nearly unthinkable.

“You, Initiates, have been tasked to ensure that this does not occur. I do not care how you accomplish this goal, only that it is done. However, take care, for the eyes of many will be on you in this endeavor. Now is your first true chance to prove you can be useful to a Lord, do not waste it.”

He waves for the others to leave, but signals for you to remain behind for a moment. “I have received a report that you assisted some troopers with the elimination of a pest problem in the tomb. This Lieutenant Kayle speaks very highly of your combat and leadership skills. You have done well, it is good to have a proper Imperial to show these alien scum how its done. Continue to impress and I have no doubt you will be chosen. Now, get to your trial.”

With a curt nod, Trajak turns on his heel and walks out of Amdis' office. As an offworlder, he would be at a disadvantage, so he would need an ally with local experience. A few enquiries was all it took to locate Lieutenant Kayle again.

"Lieutenant, you and your troopers worked well in the tomb. I require your assistance in tracking down some rebels in the slave quarters. Your local knowledge will prove invaluable in leveraging the slaves into submission, and your troopers can sweep the slave quarters for contraband that may point to participation in a rebellion."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Do not post until Valhawk updates~!

The man nods and smiles. "Clever idea, I never would have thought of that." He went off to procure them with the ill gotten loot. He returned a while later with two small red crystals. "These should do the trick." He handed them over, quite satisfied with himself. The process to finish construction of the sabers was readily taught and available, all Bikke needed to do was finish them and distribute...

The merchant's son succeeded, you now have two crystals.

[Katara Orono, Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban
Sorken nodded to you casually. "I have a knack for staying out of sight." He looked mildly confused as to how he would know that, was about to say something and then shook his head. Thinking it wasn't the time. The route only had two sith protector droids trigger, the three of you making quick work of them. Eventually you and Zef made it out of the tomb, relatively unscathed.

No payout other than writings of doom and punishment. Telling the right sith might be worth something.You made it! Where to now? The overseer's office or?

Zer Arkada, Katara Orono - Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban
Sorken nodded to Katara casually at her chiding. "I have a knack for staying out of sight." He looked mildly confused as to how he would know that, was about to say something and then shook his head. Thinking it wasn't the time. You detected no less than nine deadly traps and the route only had two sith protector droids trigger, the three of you making quick work of them. Eventually you and Katara made it out of the tomb, relatively unscathed.

Sorken didn't fade from view but from perception. Muted. He wasn't a hole in the force or anything, its like he wasn't there. "I'll wait for you outside of your initiation, you and your friends may not sense me but the overseers might."

You made it! Where to now? The overseer's office or?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

You take a moment to collect yourself, and attempt to make your way to a better hiding spot. You don’t have much to work with, the camp is fairly sparse, leaning more towards the functional than the extravagant there weren’t any Darth’s here after all, at least not yet. Still, by reaching out with the Force, you manage to locate a less busy area of the camp, unoccupied tents which will no doubt be occupied by members of the Reclamation Service when they arrive in a week’s time.

Actually making it there is a bit more touch and go. Still, by relying on your senses and sticking to the lengthening shadows you manage to make your way there without being spotted as best you can tell. In addition, when you opened yourself to the force to sense prying eyes, you could feel that you are not the only force user in the camp. Unless they were trying to sense you it’s unlikely they would’ve noticed your presence as you had theirs, but without a doubt you are not the only Initiate to be investigating the camp.

Khrad seems a little surprised. “I could tell something was off, but an actual attack. The rebels are bolder than I would’ve thought. There are easier ways to commit suicide after all.” He shrugs. “All I know is that there have been some ‘slaves’ around here who did not belong. They had shock collars, and dressed the part, but their scent was off. From what you’ve said, I imagine they were doing reconnaissance, after all, there are so many slaves here and Imperials rarely look too closely, it’s not a bad tactic.”

“If I’m with you, I can let you know if any particular slave is one of the infiltrators. Or you could have be a bloodhound more directly, but that’s likely to get noticed and once these infiltrators figure out what I’m up to, there’s a real chance they’ll just cut and run. Up to you which way you want to take this. After all, I am but your humble slave.” He says that last bit with more than a little bit of humor.

You wait, meditating in the center of camp. Your presence seems to have an effect on everyone present, especially the slaves. The Imperials walk on eggshells around you, while the slaves go out of their way to be or at least seem busy. It would seem that none of them wanted to draw the potential ire of one who was so obviously Sith.

For the moment there is no sign of Zor, but your meditations leave you feel a surge of dark side energy flowing up within you.

For your next action you gain a +2 bonus if it relies on the Dark Side of the force.

The lieutenant listens to your proposal, but have some questions. “Which slave barracks, my lord? There are a number of them serving the academy and the surrounding environs. Depending on which you are pursuing we may need additional authorization. There are many lords who are quite possessive of their property, and would view such an armed inspection by an outsider either as a breach of their privilege, or more dangerously as an insult.”

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

"Start with whomever you think will be most agreeable to our presence, or at the least open to negotiations," Trajak replies. "We'll work our way through them until we find someone who knows more information. That will give us leverage to convince those lords who might be hesitant to assist."

Lom ponders for a moment, then adds, "Send a detachment of your most trusted troops to watch over the new tomb as well. Tell them to keep an eye out for suspicious activity from any of the slaves."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

So. The more regard upon her would drain her of Force quicker. Annoying... yet perhaps useful... With enough sensitivity she could use the increased draw as a kind of alert that someone was paying more attention than they should. Zro takes short trips through various areas of the camp, trying to find too-aware slaves or saboteurs. It is exhausting work but Zro enjoys the feeling of power over the oblivious peons. It is also excellent training on drawing and holding the Force.

Use the increase Force draw of her don't-notice-me trick to pinpoint people who are paying too much attention for their apparent role. Inquisitor +2

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke smiled when he sees what his servant had brought him, it was time. Retreating to a more secluded part of the library and using what he had learned in his research, Bikke began to assemble the lightsabers. Numerous possibilities came to mind, but he settled on two single bladed sabers, one for himself and one for his servant.

When the work was finished he handed one of the finished products to his servant with the following admonition, "Keep the fact that you have this a secret until its use becomes necessary. I'd rather my rivals and enemies not know the full extent of our capabilities. A power they don't know exists is one they cannot plan for." He takes his own advice, hiding his lightsaber in his robes and continuing the carry his training saber.

"Now, we should return to the overseer, no doubt the time for the next trial is upon us."

Using the knowledge gained from my study (Sith Inquisitor[+2]) + the parts and crystal to construct two single-bladed sabers, one for me and one for my servant. Then rather than flaunting that we have sabers, instructing him to keep it secret for now.

Once that's all done, heading back to the overseer for the next trial.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor produced a data pad, tapping on it for a moment before replying. "I'll question slaves under the pretense that I am putting together a team of meat shields and spare hands for artifact recovery in one of the more dangerous tombs, and want slaves with some combat experience. That should ensure no one will wonder why you're following me. Signal me if any slave you see might be an infiltrator, and I'll mark them down for interrogation."

Using Sith Inquisitor +2 and Khrad +2 to walk around questioning slaves at random about whether they have any combat experience while employing both the Force and Khrad's knowledge to pick out the potential infiltrators.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada, Katara Orono - Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Once in the relative safety of outside the tomb Zef stopped to consider his next move. The holocron was tempting, but he simply did not have the time or probable skill to master it. Time was of the essence as well, the Overseer did not seem the patient type. Hopefully Katara shared his view. He turned to her as she was reviewing her map of the new area. "On to the Overseer, then?"

Lets turn in this thing and the map and hope it's a big enough prize to make up for not being what we were told to get.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Kier's eyes opened. Clarity and purpose. He had waited long enough. He would look for Vor.

Going to look for Vor. Move stuff along.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:Do not post until valhawk has updated

Zef Arkada & Katara Orono - Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Sorken gave a slight bow. "I will wait elsewhere while you both go onto the next phase of your trials."

In the overseer's office Talco was waiting stenly for you to all arrive.

Gesturing to the robed Bikke and his lacky Talco speaks to Zef and Katara. "WELL? I'm waiting! Already some of you have already completed their first mission for their trials." He held his hand out, expecting scrolls. "The bird-thing hasn't returned, hopefully it is dead or has fled in disgrace. Which of you will have the dishonor of falling to my blade?" He looks at Katara especially hard, his eyes finding the lightssaber on her belt.

A chance to surprise with a gift?

The lightsabers connect and work with a hiss. The ill gotten gains from looting and the spoils of war combining into a deadly set of weapons. Returning to the overseer's office, you arrive before the other hopefuls and get to watch them be berated by the overseer for their lateness. The faint praise he sends you and your minion's way for being the first is grudging but there is a tone of respect there. Likely they don't have any scrolls. You don't sense them. Your minion gives you a slight nod, then gestures towards Katara. A lightsaber on her belt catches your eye. It would seem the tombs yielded some treasures to her as well. You could interrupt Talco and ask for your next task. But could you pass up the opportunity to gloat over your fellow initiates?

You and your minion gain Lightsaber [+0]. And an opportunity to gloat.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Lom Trajak - Sith Academy, Korriban

“Well the easiest one will be the slaves serving the military forces stations around the Academy. For those under the more direct supervision of a Sith, I’m afraid you yourself will have to do the negotiating yourself, my lord. It would be… inadvisable for an officer as junior as myself to impose on a member of the Sith.”

After a moment he continues, “As for your other command, I am afraid it is one I cannot obey. You are not yet a true Sith, and if I pull my troops from their current assignment for such an extended period questions will start to be asked, and the fact that this was on the say of an Initiate will mean my orders will be countermanded. Perhaps as importantly, I’m only a lieutenant, I just don’t have enough men under my command to do contraband sweeps and guard duty.”

The Lieutenant leaves to begin to organize the contraband sweep of the slaves serving the encampment, he informs you it will take a few hours to complete, and he will contact you via holocommunicator when he has results.

You’ve got some time while the Lieutenant does his sweep to pursue other leads.

You begin your short sojurns into the camp, keeping your senses open for the unusually alert and attentive. It is not as easy as it initially appeared it might be, as the biggest drains are not slaves, but rather guards, officers, and overseers. Those tasked with managing the slaves and their work naturally would be more on alert for abnormalities, and it takes a few trips before you can start to try and filter them out. Just when you think you’ve gotten the hang of it, and are starting to feel some unusual attention, a wrench is thrown in your plan. It would appear that some of the other Initiates are here. The Twi’lek and the human are accompanied by a trandoshan slave. The effort required to hide yourself from fellow force-users, especially those that are themselves searching is so much greater than it washes out the lesser draws from all the rest. Until they’re out of the way there’s no way you’ll be able to try and feel the attention of anyone else by this method.

It’s an interesting idea, and you rolled well so it was starting to work, but the presence of other force users will (at your current level of skill) make it impossible to continue with this route for the moment.

Khrad nods and you set out, you pull random slaves to interrogate, much to the annoyance of their overseers, but none move to interfere. They might grumble up the chain and draw repercussions for you later, but none are so foolish or well-connected enough to directly deny a Sith. The slaves answer your questions, and other than the fear that might be expected due to drawing the attention of a Sith and what being reassigned to work for one such as you might entail, they don’t seem too surprised or offput. Apparently, this is not the first time they’ve encountered ambitious Sith looking for bodies for some scheme or another. Khrad is always hovering with you, playing the role of imposing bodyguard to explain his presence, and why he is close enough to get a good read on their scent. After each interview, once your far enough away to not be overheard, Khrad shares his findings and you mark down the results.

After a few hours and interviewing maybe 100 slaves, Khrad has identified about a half-dozen or so whose scent seemed off or unusual in some way. It’s not a guarantee that they’re an insurgent, but its your first concrete lead in the investigation. While you are reviewing these results, Kier manages to find you, returning from whatever he had been off doing.

Additionally, you can feel a presence in the Force, but it is vague and difficult to make out. Despite your best efforts you are unable to localize it.

You search the camp for a while for your compatriot, while you search you could swear you can feel a presence at the edges of your senses, but it is fleeting and vague and impossible to pin down. After a short time you find Vor, he is consulting with a trandoshan slave about something.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Overseer's Office, Korriban

Zef took out the prize and placed it into Talco's outstretched hand. "A Sith Holocron recovered from the Tomb of Marka Ragnos on this very day by Katara Orono and myself. Katara has also mapped out the path to the section in which it was found."

He hoped the shock of the holocron being presented would provide cover for his other hand firmly holding the dead man's switch on his thermal detonator within his bag.

Presenting the Holocron, sharing credit. If Talco cuts me down you're all coming with me(See thermal detonator)

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Thrice damned meddlers. Zro briefly considers stalking the other aspirants and removing them the equation. No, better to have them around should things go poorly. Zro sits on the floor of her makeshift lair, the motion a complex and graceful folding of long limbs. She seeks a still void where only her mind and passions exist. A flame upon the wick of the Force. In that thought space she stokes the spark of her self.

Recover and meditate. Inquisitor +2

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke waited silently, a subtle look making sure his subordinate knew to do the same. He didn't have enough power yet to risk drawing Talco's ire, and especially when it was potentially productively pointed at someone else. No there would be a time for a reckoning with Talco, but it wasn't today. Revealing his own saber and the fact that the other was his follower gained him nothing at the moment. No, better to keep his secrets, and perhaps let Talco destroy one of his potential rivals for him. If nothing else, living as a slave had taught him patience. So he waited to see just how this would play out.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

As angry as Lom was, he knew that Kayle had a point. At the present, he was still only an Initiate, and he had to be careful not to push the boundaries of his position too far. Still, it did nothing to help his situation. He needed another approach. It was then that something the Lieutenant had said suddenly crystallised in his mind. Contraband. Lom didn't need to find the rebels, he just needed to find the bomb. He immediately set out for the new tomb, to find whoever was in charge of equipment. If there was any explosives or chemicals missing, that would be a promising lead.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

You spend some time in meditation and recuperation, rebuilding your reserves of Force energy.

Your back to your normal level of energy.

You leave the soldier to his mission, and make your way down into the lower Valley. It takes longer than you expect, the valley is large and you are traveling on foot (as expected of an Initiate). The camp itself is located just outside the entrance to the newly uncovered tomb. A variety of tents and other temporary structures make up the majority of the camp, it is clearly designed for efficiency and function over comfort. The entire area is bustling with activity, you can feel the tension in the air, so much work to be done in preparation for the Reclamation Service experts. As you look around you can see that even now things are starting to coalesce. Computer terminals, and communications equipment is being set up, areas for storing artifacts are being prepared, supply schedules are being drafted, preliminary surveys of the tomb are being performed. Slaves, and archaeologists, and other works are everywhere working on a million different tasks.

Before you can enter the camp proper, your holo-communicator buzzes. Activating it, Lieutenant Kayle appears in miniature.

“My lord,” he salutes, “My troops have completed the first contraband sweeps. The results are not encouraging. We discovered a few blasters, and some encoded datapads. On my own initiative I ordered a check of the weapon storage. Somehow, a dozen blaster rifles, and a significant amount of explosives are missing. Someone has altered the logs, which is why this wasn’t discovered before. What would you have me do, my lord? By rights I should report this up the chain.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Interesting." Overseer Talco mused as he touched the holocron. "One we have not seen before..."

Zef Arkada - Overseer's Office, Korriban

"Good work." Talco said simply. Zef felt a tension ease within him he didn't realize he felt. Talco was smiling at you. The man never smiled. You felt that maybe Talco would get more out of this than mere praise. The thought rankled within you, before you realized the man exected nothing from your compatriot. A big prize indeed.

Sharing the credit, the prize is so large that Talco forgets to ask Katara for anything.

Katara - Overseer's Office, Korriban

Talco seems to forget about you, staring intently at the object you and Zef had brought to him. You feel that not bringing your own object or scrolls would have resulted in something terrible happening. Luckily your soft hearted friend Zef remembered to include you charitably.

Interest check for you Gruntythurst.

Your subordinate kept quiet, as did you. Talco seemed utterly fascinated and absorbed with the holocron. Nearly forgetting all of you. It rankled. Tugged at your patience. When it became clear that everyone who was here, were all that would be here and the others were probably dead or missing...the culling process of the sith was brutal as expected. Talco suddenly seemed to remember you all were here.

Scowling Overseer Talco took in the room harshly, putting the holocron away. "Good. All of you lived." He sniffed as if smelling something unpleasant. "Even the alien." He smirked then got serious again. "I cannot deny results. Nor can the emperor." He began to pace in front of the group. "Lord A-gon has intimated to me that some of you are of interest to her. Why I shall never know. Her kind often receives visions and are connected to the force. In any case welcome to the next stage of your trials. Your next mission, is to assist Lord Abaron on a matter of utmost importance to the Sith and the Academy. His mission is secret, and he will inform me if you fail. Come back from him successful or do not return at all!" Talco finished, he then sat behind his desk and began examining the holocron again.

It would seem, you all were dismissed.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 15, 2019