Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

edit:

Kier comes upon Vor consulting with a trandoshan slave about something. As he arrives he listens in. After Vor finishes he asks, "Well? What have you found?"

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Lord Abaron's Office, Korriban

After returning to his quarters for a change of robes and personal hygiene after the archaeological excursion and ensuring his gear(including his training sword) was in good condition Zef went directly to the office of Lord Abaron. He informed the attendant subordinate, "I have been ordered to report to Lord Abaron for further instructions." and waited for Lord Abaron to call upon him.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Bikke - Overseer Talco's Office, Korriban

That the stragglers had outshone him rankled, but there was little he could do over the caprices of fate. He would have an opportunity to return the favor, one day.

With the Overseer's dismissal, Bikke and his follower make their way out of the office. Rather than heading immediately for Lord Abaron's office, Bikke instead makes his way briefly to the Academy's library. He didn't dare enter the sights of Sith Lord completely blind, he would have to be quick, he didn't intend to keep the other waiting either. Once he arrived, Bikke sits at one of the terminals, and begins to look for information on Lord Abaron. Opening himself to the Force, he attempts to let it guide his search.

Doing a little intel gathering before heading to Lord Abaron's office. Seeing what I can find on him via some Force guided research. Sith Inquisitor[+2].

Once the research plays out heading right for the office.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Vor returned to the Base Camp commander, informing him that he had a suspect list and that he would need to borrow a trooper or two and a transport to take them back to the Academy for questioning. His cooperation in this matter would be greatly appreciated, of course.

When that other, strange Sith Initiate finally found him, Vor answered simply; "Suspects."

Using Sith Inquisitor +2 to borrow what I need from the Camp Commander/Overseer and transport the tagged slaves back to the Academy to be put in holding prior to interrogation.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Zro feels recharged and ready to begin the hunt anew. She lurks about until she can approach an isolated slave and then brings her mental powers to bear. "Tell me of the planned attack, friend." Should the worker not be party to the conspiracy Zro will order them to forget the encounter and continue the search. If she finds a saboteur then phase two begins.

Using Sith Inquistor +2 and Mind Twisting +2 to coax answers out of enthralled slaves until she finds a conspirator.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Lom Trajak - Sith Academy, Korriban

Finally, some good news, Lom thinks to himself, although he takes care not to show his emotion to the Lieutenant. "And report what, Lieutenant? That you've done half a job?" Trajak grimaces at the holographic face of Kayle. "No, we need more information. A name, at the very least. Who would have the ability and opportunity to fabricate these logs? Surely not a slave."

The Initiate takes a moment to ponder. "No, there must be someone else involved in this plot. It's simply too large for slaves to do on their own. Maybe someone who would exploit the chaos of an explosion, or who would stand to gain political favour from the fallout, or even just plain old credits. I understand this may be above your station, Kayle, so give me a name and I'll take care of it. Keep a sharp eye out for those explosives while I work."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Vor'drosai Fiirkan & Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

The camp commander listens patiently to Vor’s orders, looking over the list provided with some skepticism.  He seems like he is about to object, but taking a second look at the pair of you, especially Kier who cuts a rather intimidating figure, he decides better.  “Yes, my lord, I’ll make the necessary arrangements.”

The orders go out, and overall the collection goes well enough.  The various slaves identified by Khrad are rounded up and transported back to the Academy.  However when all is said and done, the troopers report that one of your suspects is nowhere to be found.

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

There’s a commotion in the camp, troopers going around and snatching up particular slaves.  You remain hidden in the shadows until you spot one slave trying to make a run for it. Not even aware of your presence in the camp, he doesn’t even realize that he needs to be on the lookout for you.  It makes him easy prey for you to drag into one of the storage sheds you had been using as a hiding place.

Once inside, it’s child’s play for you to use the Force to get him to answer your question.  “I don’t know the specific time, just what to do once the bombs go off.

Lom Trajak - Sith Academy, Korriban

Kayle seems troubled by this, but after a moment of indecision he responds with a crisp, “Yes, my lord.  The only people who would be able to pull this off would be the Quartermaster or his assistants. I’ll forward you their information, and my troops will continue to attempt to trace the missing explosives.  However, I urge you to act quickly. I can’t keep news of the sweep contained indefinitely, and even if it doesn’t make it up the ranks it might spook whoever is responsible.” With a salute he ends the transmission.  A few seconds later, your comm beeps indicating it has received the files the Lieutenant had mentioned. It would seem that the Quartermaster was a Captain named Harron, nothing in the file you saw marked him as a particularly likely culprit, he was a bit too high up the totem pole to take this sort of risk even if he was being bribed.  No, the logical suspects were one or both of the Sargeants that acted as his assistants. They had the same access, and were much less senior and thus less reliable. What information Lieutenant Kayle had suggested that all three could likely be found somewhere at the military encampment serving the Academy.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Lord Abaron
Species: Sith Pureblood
Hair color: Dark brown
Eye color: Red
Skin color: Red

A descendant of the original Sith species, working as an agent of both the Sith Emperor and the Empire's ruling Dark Council, Lord Abaron rose to prominence in the reconstituted Sith Empire during the cold war with the Galactic Republic. Working for the Dark Council his accomplishments: -=Redacted=-

--------More Clearance Required--------
Sealed by:
Council Members:
Darth Baras
Darth Thanaton
Sealed by:
Imperial Intelligence

Bikke + Minion & Zef Arkada - Lord Abaron's Office, Korriban

Bikke's research showed that Lord Abaron had been most active on Korriban. His concerns with the academy and that he reported to the Emperor and Dark Council. As to what those missions were, and their success that was sealed due to Imperial Intelligence reasons. What he did know was that Lord Abaron was heavily involved in intelligence on Korriban, well respected and... a Sith Supremacist.

Lord Abaron greeted and bade Zef to wait. As Bikke entered, minion in tow. Lord Abaron smiled.

"Ah! So. Yet another acolyte stands in the shadow of our Academy. You must consider yourself privileged." When it was clear that no other acolytes were coming he began his briefing. "There is a concern. Among those of the council that not only are we inundated with the impure and the weak but traitors to the Emperor as well." He paced about in his office. "Not only this, but we have intelligence that these traitors are communicating with the republic and the jedi for unknown reasons. We have narrowed it down to four potential thin-bloods. But only one of them is actually a traitor, the rest...weak."

A holoscreen showed the targets. Each one an Overseer: Sith Inquisitor Arzanon, Sith Lord Solence and Lord Cestus, and Sith Overseer Ragate

"The traitor will be identified and handed to us, the others...we will see if they keep their positions." Lord Abaron handed three sith holocrons (one to each of you). "These will scan their blood and show their worthiness to the council to maintain their positions, additionally you will need to find out which one of them is an actual traitor. My agents would handle this, however their faces are known. Your relatively unknown faces and names is an asset here and to us. Your own survival to get this far speaks to your resourcefulness and cunning."

Lord Abaron studied each of you carefully. then nodded his approval. "If there are any questions, ask them now before your mission. Work together or alone, as always success is rewarded with more opportunities."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

A missing slave. "Vor, this may be fruitful. We must find this missing slave and question him. We should search the camp and the surrounding area." Kier his eyes searching looked into the distance.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef considered the task for a moment, turning the holocron over in his hands. "I would like to know more about our marks. Surely you would have more reliable and concise information than we could gather on our own."

Just asking for a quick profile of each of these targets.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Lord Abaron nodded at Zef's request. "Of course we have information, most is just their normal duties. One would not be a good spy or traitor if it were obvious to mere field agents. I caution each of you that until proven guilty that these sith lords have the position and all of the power that implies. So do be careful on whom you accuse and how you acquire the information."

The holo-projector shows the following profiles:

Lord Arzanon
A male Human Sith Inquisitor of the reconstituted Sith Empire during the Cold War.
Head of security at the Sith Academy,
Outwardly loyal, however was seen talking with unknown persons in the dark of night.
A hidden allegiance?

Lord Solence
A male Human Sith Lord of the reconstituted Sith Empire.
Overseer of Sith Academy on Korriban.
Students and acolytes have been successively weaker each "graduation". Also in recent years two of his former students have defected to the republic and jedi order.
Purposeful failure? Or Incompetence?

Lord Cestus
Overseer of the Korriban Sith Academy during the Cold War against the Galactic Republic.
A mediocre yet ambitious overseer, several sith artifacts have been broken or destroyed shortly after being collected by acolytes under his tutelage. There is a pattern of this behavior,
Does he wish to keep these ancient secrets for himself? Or is there another purpose and power behind the destruction?

Overseer Ragate
A self proclaimed guardian of the "ancient traditions". She supervises the test of many acolytes to prove their worthiness. More than a few members of the dark council question if she has killed those worthy (and under their patronage) not because they were unfit but other suspicious reasons...
Is she a champion of the ancient traditions of the sith? Or is she a force for the even more ancient tradition of the like of Kel'eth Ur?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke - Lord Abaron's Office, Korriban

Bikke listened politely to the mission and the information provided, then he and his follower left. He suspected there was more going on here than they were being told, but that would no doubt always be true. If he wanted to succeed in the world of the Sith he would need to adapt to a world of plots within plots and learn how to fish out the truth from the information and instructions were given. Thus, the first action of this new trial would be to return to the library. For though he was still just an Initiate, he was already starting to realize that one of the most powerful resources was not credit or hyperfuel or even ancient artifacts, it was information. So, he started to quietly dig into the backgrounds of the four targets, looking for anything that might indicate they might have a reason to resent the Empire or the Sith. He also kept an eye out for any connection between them and Lord Abaron. There was more to the Sith's intentions than he had revealed, and Bikke wanted to know what it was. He wasn't a slave anymore, and he wouldn't be a pawn in someone else's game. The only way to do that would be to learn all the players and the pieces, only once he could see the whole board could he be certain how to proceed to serve himself and not just Abaron.

Bikke's heading back to the library to research. He's specifically looking into the background of the four potential suspects and looking for 1) any information or events that might give them reason to dislike the Empire or the Sith, and 2) any connections positive or negative between them and Lord Abaron. Sith Inquisitor[+2] for the search skills.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

As his fellow initiates turned to leave Zef had but one more series of questions for Lord Abaron. "What was the nature of the communications? The methods by which they were sent? Who would be receiving them? Of course some of this information must be sanitized but it would be helpful to know what I am looking for."

Kind of a Who, what, when, where, why, and how about the alleged communications.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Vor, surprisingly, took this news in stride. He nodded to Kier. "Of course, now that they've given the game away."

Vor sends instructions that the other prisoners should still be interrogated, but he expects no further leads from that group. Instead, he turns to Khrad. "We have the slave's name, and we know where to start. I hope you're up for a hunt."

Using Sith Inquisitor +2 and Khrad +2 to hunt this fucker down.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

While awaiting his answer or rebuke Zef turned over the holocron in his hands. This would be a difficult and treacherous mission and he would need his full strength and as much foreknowledge as he could get. He opened his mind to the holocron and the task ahead.

Sith Inquisitor[+2] and Precognition[+2] to inspect the holocron and look into this mission.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara Orono - Lord Abaron's Office, Korriban

Just as Zef asks his follow up questions and the others turn to leave, there is a bang at the door to the office, followed shortly by a thump. The door then slides open and reveals Katara- waves of emotion ripple away from her- anger mostly, but also... pride? She takes stock of the room quickly before stepping over the unconscious attendant who had attempted to delay her entry. Walking directly up to Lord Abaron, she stops at a distance conveying respect, but not total subservience, and kneels. Her head bowed, she speaks.

"Lord Abaron, I declare my failure to answer your summons at the appointed time openly; I will not mewl apologetic words and excuses at your feet like a coward. Let your judgement be known to all gathered here." In her mind, she tenses. She focuses. The draft from the still open door slows to a crawl, creeping across her face. Should Lord Abaron find her wanting, she will die as a true Sith should- fighting all the way.

Wow hey Katara shows up! I await Lord Abaron's punishment. Should he make a move to kill me, I will use Battle Meditation [+2] and Sith Inquitior [+2] to resist as long as possible before my inevitable death. Otherwise, I will wait patiently and listen.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Vor'drosai Fiirkan & Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

“Always, master.” The Trandoshan responds. The three of you proceed to the missing slave’s location, and begin the hunt. From witness reports and Khrad’s tracking ability, you begin to follow his trail. It doesn’t lead far until Khrad stops, he seems surprised. “There’s another scent, and look…” he gestures around, “the escapee’s tracks stop all of the sudden. However, it doesn’t seem like he started to disguise them.” Following Khrad’s gestures you can see what he’s describing. More, you can sense an echo in the force, feel it tingle in the air. It would appear that a force-user was involved.

Khrad looks around for a minute, and then points towards a less active area of the camp. “I think he was dragged from here, the markings seem to head in that direction.”

Your interrogation is interrupted as you feel a sudden sense of danger and pursuit through the Force. It would seem that someone has caught your scent.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Bikke - Lord Abaron's Office, Korriban

Bikke poured over the available information. It would seem that Lord Abaron was a bit of sith supremacist. There were multiple writings from Abaron about many other sith of less than pure blood and that those so weakened were likely to be compromised . Each of the targeted sith were quite tame politically speaking within the empire, if one removed the petty rivalries. This could just be sith paranoia or a legitimate security concern. Another interesting thread of thought, what if one of Lord Abaron's own rivals had subverted his network and were trying to make him look bad. Each were possible, but none of the leads really traceable from the musty tomes and holocrons and databases of the library. This was a moving problem. Lord Abaron had an apprentice once who had tried to unseat his master, a Sith named Kaldar. After a failed attempt to murder his master and being badly burned and crippled, he had faded from sight making a name for himself on the outer rim as an assassin of some repute...

False flag? Strawman? Or legit? This might need some surveillance.

Lord Abaron watched as Bikke and his minion left the room then answered Zef's question. "Packets of data were sent and retrieved. Encrypted. These sent to a stealthy ship in low orbit. What they contained is unknown. The methods used were hypercoms. As far as who could be recieving them, it could be Jedi, or the Republic. If we knew that, we wouldn't be needing you to find out. If our own intel resources are comprimised you all represent the best chance to find out." The words faded into the background as Zef concentrated and reached out with the force to determine his own path. The burst was short, the vision fuzzy. He saw that if he somehow made it to that ship in space, there would be a battle. Much death. But also answers. Zef's meditations were soon interrupted by a loud boom as Katara made her entrance. Lord Abaron looked irritated then looked to Zef. "You are dismissed. I will deal with this one."

Bikke and his lackey were gone, and Zef dismissed. It would seem Katara was quite alone with Lord Abaron. "Ah, so the initiate finally decides to grace us with her presence. I am SOooo impressed." HIs tone of voice was anything but. He tossed Katara a holocron. "Use this to scan the [list of targets] , find out [briefing on possible traitor]." Lord Abaron looked at Katara doubtfully that she could tie her own shoes, let alone complete the mission. "A word of advice, thin-blood. Yes I can smell it on you. Your own weakness coupled with your lack of commitment to the sith cause and purity will see you undone before graduation into our ranks." He smiled though. "If interested though, I could introduce you to someone stronger in the bloodline, the offspring you'd produce would be more powerful than you could possibly imagine." He waved dismissively. "Come see me in my private chambers if you are interested in a side mission, the sith bloodline must be kept strong."

You get the info packet everyone else got, you can ask a question or go forth and conquer. Also, a creepy sith side mission where you become a mother to a powerful sith offspring! Bioware flavored. Its not a shocking collar for your slav-romantic interest but since its canon you get the first romance offer of the game!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Their quarry was close, Kier could feel it. "We're almost there. Let's find out just who took our prey." Kier began tracing to where he felt he could find the missing slave and this mystery force user.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Market, Korriban

Zef gave a respectful bow before leaving the room. What Katara had been doing instead of arriving and whatever fate she would suffer were beyond his ability to change. He began to head to the marketplace before remembering the soldier he had helped before entering the ruins. He was likely at the medical station still. Kef faced a choice: commandeer a military force or assemble a mercenary crew. With his background and mission he decided on the more clandestine mercenaries and continued on his way. Zef kept an eye and a sense open for Sorken's presence, sensing nothing, but assuming the cyborg was trailing him anyway.

Once at the market Zef found the cantina of the most wretched scum and villains Korriban had to offer outside of the Sith themselves. Zef spent some time charming the denizens of this place while seeking a backroom game of chance. He was certain his thermal detonator would be worth an initial stake, and then his own skill and abilities would take things from there...

Trying to find a game of chance to get funds and supplies. Using Precognition[+2] passively to enhance my abilities and my thermal detonator for the initial stake to get me playing.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Bikke - Sith Academy, Korriban

Bikke had learned all he could from a review of the records, but he still needed to be subtle. The individuals in question all vastly out-ranked him and likely could dispose of him without much trouble. He needed to keep the fact that he was investigating a secret for the moment, which should preclude doing direct interviews and pumping people for potentially damaging information. Of course, that was only true if they remembered being questioned, and with the Force there was no reason that had to be true. So it was, that Bikke's investigation proceeded to the next phase. He studied the schedules of various non-force sensitive servants and staff of each target. Where he could find an opportunity to ambush one when they were alone, he acted. His follower took up lookout position, and Bikke let the dark side of the Force flow through him. Through judicious application of his power to the minds of his target he would get them to reveal all they knew and then force them to forget ever having spoken to him. Of course, if they couldn't be convinced to forget him, well he had other options at his disposal. A few missing servants would be less suspicious than being told outright one was being investigated. The Academy was a dangerous place after all, and accidents had been known to happen after all.

Bikke's going to casually waylay some of the servants and lower level assistants of the targets, and then use the force to get them to disclose any potentially relevant information then make them forget they ever ran into him. While he's doing this, his follower is gonna be acting as lookout, to make sure they don't get caught. Sith Inquisitor[+2] for the Force Persuasion.

In case, Bikke runs into someone who resists his editing of their memory, he'll take more drastic measures, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor nods, and draws his his weapon, activating it with the flick of a thumb. He glances over to Khrad, and hmms. "If you don't have anything suitable, grab a pipe or something. It probably won't help much against another initiate, but it'll be better than nothing. We'll get you something more appropriate later."

With that, the two of them set off in the direction of their missing informant.

Using Sith Inquisitor +2 and Khrad +2 and Force Telekenesis +2 to follow the trail and defend myself against possible ambush. Ready to hit people and throw rocks! (And launch someone into the stratosphere).

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The two of you storm through the camp as Khrad follows the scent.  You arrive at an out of the way storage tent, tear open the flap and find… a person slumped on the floor.  It appears to be the missing slave you were looking for. However the Initiate you expected is nowhere to be found.

Khrad searches and you try and sense your opponent, but you can find no trace.  No traps, no ambush, nothing. Another mystery on top of your current investigation.  However despite having no luck finding the kidnapper, the target you initially set out to find is in your hands.

Ya, had Zro flee so that NotAlex has the option to come back later.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I had a post and then the internet ate it. Placeholder for now, Katara says she will meditate on Lord Abaron's offer as she prepares for this new assignment. She goes to the medical station to check in on the wounded trooper from the entrance of the tomb she and Zef had assisted to ask a few questions.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Sorken met Zef outside. Not saying a word. He fell into line. The mission forgotten for now, you enter a small makeshift cantina with a few games of chance. Pazzak was the most favorite game going on. There were many force users as well as imperial players. In several corners sat ysalamir in the potted trees there. LIkely to prevent cheating. If Zef was going to make his money he would do it the old fashioned way. As he bid the thermal detonator, no one blinked an eye. Many hands and cards changed around and soon Zef found himself winning a not so small pile of credits. A few thousand. Zef could press his luck further at some of the more advanced tables or take his winnings while they were good. Sorken seemed interested in the games, but didn't have much input.

A decent amount of winnings, nothing huge but a few thousand credits for your time.

"A pity." Siad Lord Abaron as Katara declined his offer and left. As Katara entered the medical station, she saw that the trooper was laying in bed recovering from his wounds. He groaned. No kolto tanks for the non elites it would seem. He opened ones eye and looked at you. "Sith, to what do I owe a visit from one of you?" He smiled. There was some genuine warmth in it.

Bikke and his minions got various servants of various levels in the households. Most were ignorant and mind wiped, as most slaves and servants weren't usually allowed into their master's plans. The scanners could be used at a distance or in casual conversation on their targets. Each of the targets had times of "privacy" where they could not be disturbed. Possibly meditation or for something else? The few apprentices assigned to each would be slightly more difficult to question. Lord Arzanon seemed to be meeting with a hooded figure, feminine in shape nightly. A tryst or something else? Lord Solence seemed to use many foot messengers rather than the holonet, which was odd. What couldn't he trust to mere communications alone? Lord Cestus often spent many hours in his office well beyond working hours, he could be heard talking. As if in a one sided conversation. Where your investigations met a wall were any observations of Overseer Ragate. She always seemed to face towards wherever you approached and seemed to be hiding a secret smile when it couldn't possibly be known she was being observed. It was your lackey who recieved a message from her, that if he or the one behind him wanted to meet you all could meet in the trial chambers she oversaw...

None of the servants are compromised and are mind wiped or silenced as necessary. But these are all force users you're looking into as well. You do get further in your investigations.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Gone. "drat it." Kier felt his pain and rage begin to rise. He looked murder at the slave on the floor. "Talk, little wurm!" He said menacingly. Vor was nearby. "Any questions for this one, before I get angry!" He looked death at the slumped slave. Was he conscious? Kier needed to get a hold of himself.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

"It's a deceptively complicated thing, gambling. Math, psychology, luck, and skill all together." He said to Sorken as they left. "Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, but the most important rule is never to stake more than you are willing to lose." He counted his credits one more time before heading off.

Zef had made it known that he was searching for a shuttle and a small crew to perform a mission. Further details would be given to serious inquiries. One did not want word of this excursion to spread too far too quickly. He remained conspicuous while awaiting an interested party to approach. In the meantime, though, he wondered if Katara might be willing to join the mission. Her battle meditation alone could improve their chances.

"Sorken. Find Katara and let her know I have a plan to find the traitor. She may wish to join us."

Looking to hire a ship(including its own pilot) and a small crew (Pilot(a second one), Merc, Slicer). Also giving Katara a chance to join up.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

More leads to chase down, all were still suspects, though some more than others. Bikke pondered over what he had learned as he plotted the next move of his investigation. There was more here than he could handily follow up on on his own, and there was no telling how the others were progressing. If he wished to survive in the face of a overseer such as Abaron he would need to ensure he was not beaten to the punch. Already the idea was forming in his mind. Two of his targets were involved with another person physically present in the area. He could learn more about Lord Arzanon's mysterious nighttime visitor by following them after their meeting with his target. Equally, there is much that could be learned by figuring out just where Lord Solence's many couriers traveled. The investigation into each could be advanced merely by tracking their movements. However, both groups would likely be on the lookout for humanoid tails, and he wasn't certain either he or his companion had the proper skill to tail them undetected. Fortunately he was no mere investigator, he was Sith and the Force would always provide a way.

Returning to the library, Bikke began to search through the repository of ancient tomes and holocrons open to acolytes. He knew his strength lay in the manipulation of living things, and Sith had been creating sithspawn for centuries. He needed more eyes, and so he would make them, and it was here he would find knowledge to aid him in his endeavor. He knew what needed to be done, the shape of his eventual creation was starting to come together in his mind as he voraciously read through every scrap of ancient knowledge and technique he could find. There were plenty of small flying insects on Korriban, they were the sort of thing one rarely bothered to notice, and as such would make the perfect invisible stalker. The changes that would need to be made were straightforward. He would need to alter them to allow him to control them, what use is a tail that cannot follow its target after all. Then he would need to create a way where he could see what they saw. All the while he would need to keep his changes inconspicuous or defeat the point of the project. He would harness the Force and use it to forge a living tool from an existing creature. The idea and the power it represented was intoxicating to the former slave, and so he turned all his efforts towards his research.

While he studied and prepared, his follower could gather a few samples for him to experiment on.

Bikke's studying up in preparation of making his very first sith-spawn. He plans to try and use the Force to transform some small inconspicuous flying insects into little spies he can use to follow people, namely Lord Arzanon's night-time visitor and Lord Solence's Couriers.

Sith Inquisitor[+2] and Life Manipulation[+2] for the task.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor waves a hand, lifting the slave to his feet with the gesture, holding him upright if only to present a more satisfying target. Lightning flashes from his fingertips to caress the slave and give him a taste of what defiance would get him.

“Let’s start from the top. What is your name? What were your instructions? How were they delivered? Who was your contact? Where did you meet them? How did they signal you? Please, be thorough. The less questions I have to ask, the quicker this will end.”

Using Sith Inquisitor +2 to Inquisit about our objective (combination of lightning and persuasion). What were his instructions, who was his contact, what was their name, where did he meet them etc.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The slave spasms in pain as your lightning ripples through the air and across his skin. Through precise applications of the Force as both carrot and stick, you manage to convince him that things would be far better if he cooperated with his new captors.

"I was recruited by Mindar," you recognize the name as one among the slaves identified by Khrad and picked up earlier, "I was never told who his contact was, only that when the time came that when the first explosion happened, we were to assemble at a rally point where blasters would be waiting." Another shock pries loose the location of the rally point. It was away from the camp a little ways in a rarely traveled direction. It made sense as a place to store weapons.

"Mindar said this was our chance to get free. He didn't know, but I heard him talking to someone once, there were more of us than just here. We were gonna finally be free..." You can see the fire return to his eyes for a minute at the thought, but another application of your power quashes it. Some more interrogation reveals that the would-be rebels this sorry soul knew of fairly consistently matched up with those you had apprehended based on Khrad's identification. It would seem you had rolled up the cell at this camp fairly completely. However, there was the troubling implication that this might be wider than an attack on a single Reclamation Service team. However, you already had your hands on the next link in the chain. All that remained was what to do with the sorry wretch before you.

A major break in the investigation.

The slave quails before your rage before Vor begins his interrogation. The twi'lek proves quite adept at compelling the prison to reveal his secrets, and soon the wretch is spilling his guts. Vor does not notice as he is too engrossed in his task, but you can smell the stench of fear rising from his Trandoshian slave. You didn't sense guilt or deception, so apparently seeing his new master expertly demolish another slave had made him more viscerally aware of what could happen to him if he displeased a Sith.

"I was recruited by Mindar. I was never told who his contact was, only that when the time came that when the first explosion happened, we were to assemble at a rally point where blasters would be waiting." Vor applies another shock which pries loose the location of the rally point. It was away from the camp a little ways in a rarely traveled direction. It made sense as a place to store weapons.

"Mindar said this was our chance to get free. He didn't know, but I heard him talking to someone once, there were more of us than just here. We were gonna finally be free..." You can see the fire return to his eyes for a minute at the thought, but another application of your power quashes it. Some more interrogation reveals that the would-be rebels this sorry soul knew of fairly consistently matched up with those you had apprehended based on Khrad's identification. It would seem you had rolled up the cell at this camp fairly completely. However, there was the troubling implication that this might be wider than an attack on a single Reclamation Service team. However, you already had your hands on the next link in the chain. All that remained was what to do with the sorry wretch before you.

A major break in the investigation.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Bikke's henchman gathered several smaller specimens and once Bikke found a private space to get to work, began to get to the task at hand. The first few attempts were promising, each creature being crafted into a sith-spawn but not quite what he needed. Eventually Bikke could make the final batch do a few things. One would be to fly and attach one's self to a target's clothing. Next was, and this was most important, he could sense where his sithspawn were within quite a distance off. So Bikke himself would not need to be there. Bikke felt exhausted but his work was paying off. With this he could track people.

Success! With more skill and craft you will be able to craft better sithspawn. These will be able to be unleashed and live for around a week before dying and needing to be replaced.

Katara never showed. Sith aspirants disappeared all the time and no one would ever know her fate. Almost as if the force were guiding the man to him, Zef was approached by a shady looking mercenary. A man nearby kept saying, "I've got the best hardware, for the best prices." And it was hard to hear the shady looking captain. The man looked exasperated. "I SAID, YOU LOOKIN' FER A SHIP?". The man was captain of the Whiskeyrose, a sub-light freighter that made runs between different destinations on planet, and occasionally to ships in system. The man wasn't quite a mercenary but his crew looked like they could handle a bit of rough and tumble. Many had blasters and vibroblades and looked like they knew how to handle themselves.

The ship's captain and crew are at your disposal (not pictured).

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"We're done here." Kier raised his blade to slay the informant lest he provide information if sent free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G9wPAr3Sdw
We can roll on it if he doesn't want to and it does the other way.

"Vor, we can strike them now. Call in the reinforcements and potentially get more when we tell them we have more than a small uprising." The feeling of the darkside flowed through Kier. Angry and Hateful, it never went away. Just like his pain and suffering. He needed to inflict this damage. It took everything he had just to control himself.

Might be a tad unstable if we do more investigating, killing the slave will help.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke looked upon his creations with pride. He had not succeeded in all he was attempting, but these creatures were his and the power of that was intoxicating. Already ideas flitted through his head on bigger and grander experiments. However, before he could indulge in such things there was more concrete and immediate work to do. It was time to put his creations to the test.

It was simple enough to release them and direct them to their targets, Lord Solence’s courier and Lord Arzenon’s mysterious visitor. Once that was done, all he could do is withdraw and meditate to track his creations through the Force. He would figure out the pattern of travel of these two and hopefully in doing so learn more about just exactly who they were.

Bikke’s sending out his Sithspawn trackers to try and track where Lord Solanence’s couriers are going and where Lord Arzenon’s nightime visitor returns to after meeting with him.

Sith Inquisitor[+2] to use the Force to sense his sithspawn trackers.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor simply shrugs at Kier. "He's yours. But if we are to stop this properly, we need to interrogate the other prisoners first. Sate yourself on him, if it helps. But in the meantime... Khrad, they mentioned a rallypoint with blasters. Good opportunity to get you something more useful than a stick, I think. We'll swing by on the way."

With that, Vor set off to continue his investigation. If Kier was willing, he could follow, or not, but Vor wasn't going to leave the job half done if he could help it. A group of Troopers wouldn't do any good if they didn't know who to shoot. There was time...

Swinging by the Rally Point to grab a blaster for Khrad and then going to interrogate the rest of our prisoners in a very similar manner! Sith Inquisitor +2 to INQUISIT in similar manner to before.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

This Whiskeyrose and crew seemed...hopefully sufficient. The Orono-Scion seemed to have disappeared without a trace. Possibly the doing of the spy? Possibly Abaron. Even Sorken could not find a trace of evidence. No matter. It would be himself, Sorken, and whatever this crew could muster.

"The plan is to board a ship in Orbit here." Zef had looked provided a description of the ship and its rough location as he understood it. "Once inside we need to secure the ship, its computers, droids if any, and whatever crew we don't put down in the boarding."

"As for our initial approach, my... associate and myself will use the Force to hide us from them. If you have any measures or suggestions they would be appreciated."

If we are still negotiating then I guess that's it, if we are skipping to boarding I'm using Sith Inquisitor +2 and Precognition +2 for a total of +4 to cloud the minds of those monitoring the system for approaching ships(You know when they replay security footage during a heist? THat but with meat brains directly). Sorken will hopefully assist with his ability to stay hidden entirely.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

You cut down the slave, ensuring he could not inform his erstwhile allies of your discovery. Then you accompany Vor and his Trandoshan to the rally point the slave had described. It was a bit away from the camp up in the hills. Once you arrive, it takes a bit of searching, but you manage to find the cache the slave had described. Inside were a dozen blaster carbines, power packs and other assorted gear.

It was proof positive that there was an insider aiding this planned slave rebellion, these were imperial military weapons. Where would a bunch of slaves manage to get their hands on these? Vor and Khrad move to make their way back to the camp, and then back to the Academy to indicate the prisoners who had already been picked up. You could follow along, or pursue another path for the investigation.

Blasters found, an imperial military connection?

With Khrad and Kier with you, you make your way to the location the now deceased slave indicated. It was in the hills away from the camp a bit. Once you arrive at the location described it takes a bit of time to locate the cache as it is more well hidden than you expected, but after a search you manage to find it hidden behind some brush. There were a dozen standard issue blaster carbines, power packs, and other similar gear.

It was concrete proof of what the slave had been telling you, there had to be someone on the inside supplying them. At your direction, Khrad appropriates one of the carbines and some power packs, and you make your way back to the camp. From there it is a quick speeder trip back to the Academy where the prisoners you picked up were waiting.

Arriving at the Academy, you make your way from the speeder pad to the interrogation chambers. Along the way you notice a few scandalized looks directed at Khrad. One of the troopers guarding the Academy entrance raises his own weapon and moves to intercept him until he realizes that the Trandosan is with you. After a quick apology he scurries off.

The interrogation cells are back a ways from the main hall., there is an Imperial officer manning the front desk. He is fairly nondescript except for a rather bushy mustache, he’s reading reports on a datapad and barely even bothers to look up as you approach, seeing just another alien. “Yes, yes, take your delivery to the designated location,” he directs you with a bored tone as he waves you off.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWytKNv_pk

Zef Arkada - [Lord Solence's or Lord Arzanon's contact?]'s Sith Destroyer - Orbit, Korriban

The ship is challenged but soon the officer on watch realizes that the captain is a fast friend, due to your force persuasion (sith inquisitor) and previous visits(your pirates). "Welcome back sir!" He says jovially after you and the crew had docked. Ordering the sith troopers to stand down guarding the hatchways; Sorken steps from the shadows behind a pair, clearly he had intended to stike them down. He growls. Nervously they shift away, not wanting to mess with a pair of sith. Again your force precognition and inquisitorial clouding makes them forget even this interaction. Its a stretch but between Sorken's stealthcraft and your abilities you only had to kill two cleaning crews and a droid. After walking the many hallways, eventually you found yourself inside the communications room. Sorken steps forward, distaste on his features. "I'm not a slicer..." He complains.

There is a risk, trying to find the information you seek. However this is the best place to get it, without seeking out the agents or persons meeting with Lord Arzanon.

The vessel is crewed by imperials, but that means nothing. You can hack the gibsons or go a more direct route.

The courier soon walked through the academy. Visting the prisoner's pens and several shops. Your minion, whined a few times but a stern look silenced him. It may be time to look for better help soon. He was getting willful. Concentrating further the courier seemed to linger there. You had heard there was a jedi prisoner brought in for a Sith Warrior favored by one of the overseers. Also another interesting prisoner had been captured. One who was caught in the sith ruins. The courier soon made their way to a shuttle and out of your range. Both of your sithspawn's ability to communicate and your sensitivity through the force. Each time a courier came, a sith spawn was attached. It was always a different person.

The mysterious visitor was another matter. They went directly to the prisoner pens, then quickly to an imperial communications room within the academy. They too, soon took a shuttle and eventually the sithspawn out of your range. Eventually the mysterious visitor appeared as the sith spawn entered your awareness. It was always the same visitor. Every single time. Eventually they started alternating time between their runs and the cantina, before renting a room. Your sith spawn could in a basic way show that they were not moving for extended periods. So either meditating, or sleeping.

Your sith spawn are not yet detected. Information is yielded.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyFCVfF3vdk

Anger flares. Traitors. Regular sith infighting or a jedi plot? The slave is cut down mercilessly. Imperial weapons. Kier examines the cache, looking to see if the weapons have any markings. Someone signed for these, and someone took them. He would find out whom.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The findings of his search were interesting, both Lord Arzanon's and Lord Solence's visitors had business with prisoners. That seemed a promising lead on the business of treason. He'd also need to invest in performing the scans as well, but that could wait until he had a better idea of the machinations in play, as that would require a degree of physical proximity he did not yet want to risk.

The investigation was proceeding, but there was another issue that had drawn his attention. His follower had been growing willful of late. He knew this would happen eventually, the man would only stay cowed for so long, but that didn't make it less of an issue that needed to be addressed. He could just kill the human or accept his eventual defection, but Bikke was loathe to give up such a potentially useful servant. It wasn't every day one managed to get a potential sith under your thumb. That was not the sort of resource to be fruitlessly wasted if it could be preserved. So, Bikke sent his follower off to visit the prison pens and see what he could find about the prisoners that Lord Arzanon and Solence's visitors had been seeing while he worked to improve the sith-spawn in hopes of learning more about what messages were being relayed by each visitor. It was a legitimate task, which is why it worked as cover for his true intentions all the better. For while Bikke was indeed planning to research how to use his powers, it was not on improving his homing bugs.

Rather, he would spend the time he had researching methods of control. For betrayal and control were topics as old as the Sith. Surely the subject of how to ensure the loyalty of followers was a topic much studied and opined on in the annals of Sith literature. Plus, he had always had a knack for shaping the flesh and manipulating life-force. The brain was just another piece of flesh after all, maybe he could find something in those ancient texts he could access that others had overlooked, something that would be of use to his own plans. Of course, he would keep his true intentions secret from his follower, no point alerting him to what would occur before everything was ready.

Bikke's sending his follower off to the prisoner pens to see if he can figure out who Lord Arzanon and Lord Solence's visitors have been talking to. This is both a legitmate task, and a cover to get him out the way so Bikke can investigate ways to cure his follower of his willfulness, ideally looking for methods to use the force to turn someone into a loyal thrall, but he'll take what he can get. Sith Inquisitor[+2] for the skill to research old sith texts, and Life Manipulation[+2] to bring that perspective and knowledge to the task in hopes of spotting something others without that talent might have missed in the texts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - [Lord Solence's or Lord Arzanon's contact?]'s Sith Destroyer - Orbit, Korriban

"Maybe we don't have to be." Zef said. He was still struggling to get the dying cleaning crew's faces out of his mind. "If we can get the administrator or even a technician then we can have them access it."

He began to concentrate on finding someone who worked on this station and incepting the urge to come to their station. Alone.

Invoking my drawback because murder and using a combination of Inquisitor +2 for the inception and Precognition+2 to "see" someone with access to this station. total +2