Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Lom Trajak - Sith Academy Landing Pad, Korriban

As the initiates disembarked from the shuttle, Lom had done his best to ensure he was at the front of the group. He didn't want to miss the opportunity to make a good first impression, if the opportunity presented itself. He very quickly realised there wouldn't be any opportunity here - he had encountered enough of the Overseer's type on Dromund Kaas - the type who expected their subordinates not to speak unless spoken to. Lom doubted any response the Overseer gave would be of any help, either. Best to get on with the task at hand; Overseer Amdis expected results, and Lom would deliver them.

Falling in next to another initiate heading to the tomb, he clears his throat. "I'm not sure what we'll find in that tomb but I'll bet it'll go easier for us if we work together. What do you say?"

Specifically speaking to Felsto but if anyone else wants to interject that's ok.

pre:
Name: Lom Trajak
Species: Human

Background:
Trajak's parents were small-time Sith officers with Imperial Intelligence on Dromund Kaas - successful 
enough to survive, but not successful enough to advance any higher. Their relationship, like most, was 
one of mutual benefit, as was their decision to have Trajak. Most of his youth was spent being largely 
ignored by his parents, until his first display of Force sensitivity. Unable to reach a favourite toy, 
he screamed in frustration and flung the toy across the room with his raw emotion. From then on, he 
was pushed by his mother and father to develop his skills every day. As soon as he was of age, he 
was shipped off to Korriban to begin his initation and further the family name.

Class: Sith Warrior [+2]

Force Specialty: Telekinesis [+2] - Trajak's dedication to the lightsaber quickly saw him quickly 
become a force to be reckoned with in the sparring dojo. His ideal form of combat involved kinetically 
controlling his twin sabers, keeping his enemies at a distance.

Force Drawback: Telepathy [-2] - Lom's fondness of object manipulation hasn't come without a cost. In 
his mind, even other people are mere objects to be used. Because of this, he has difficulty tapping 
into their minds for even the most basic of mind tricks.

Ambition: Trajak has been trained and conditioned from a young age to climb the political ladder. He 
has dreams of becoming a Darth, perhaps even to sit on the Council. Beyond that, although he may not 
admit it, he has a deep-seated desire to prove his worth to his parents and see them subservient to 
him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Lom Trajak - Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Seeing no other option than to follow the other initiates, Lom draws his sword and thumbs the activation rune. While the others are eager to press ahead, Trajak hangs back. His telekinetic prowess meant that he couldn't be accused of not participating, and he'd also be safe from any surprises that they might come across.

Sith Warrior [+2] and Telekinesis [+2] to throw any rubble at the bugs, or my sword in a pinch.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The trial of Ajunta Pall's tomb had been pretty easy thus far - Lom's fellow initiates had been all too ready to do the heavy lifting. As he watched the group split up, he got the feeling that things were about to change.

Still, he knew why he was here. The head of the brood-mother might be just the thing to prove his worth to Spindrall, not to mention the respect of the Sith troopers. He stayed close to the Kaminoan as they entered the side passage.

Sticking with Zro Ta and the troopers. Using the same tactic as before, although I'll take a more prominent role now. Sith Warrior [+2] and Telekinesis [+2].

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

At last, Trajak's efforts were seeing returns. Spotting his window of opportunity, he dashes forward, intent on closing the distance between himself and the Brood-mother as quickly as possible. Whittling down the slugs would take too long, and Trajak wanted to make sure he wasn't last to return from Spindrall.

Let's shake things up a bit! Focusing on the big mama, while also keeping the babbies off me. Sith Warrior [+2].

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Trajak scoffs at his fellow Sith's barking orders. "If you're so keen on a trophy, take it yourself," he says. "I'm not waiting around; I intend on completing my task and not being last." With a curt nod to the Lieutenant, he turns and leaves the chamber, heading back to the path to Spindrall.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Trajak kneels before the Sith Lord, bowing his head. "My apologies, Lord, but I believe that if you start a task, you should see it through. Defeating the K’lor’slugs with the support of the soldiers seemed the best course of action; otherwise I would have left an angry hive-queen behind me that could have easily overpowered or broken through the troops."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Not wanting to fall behind any further, Lom leaves Spindrall's chamber at a jog, ignoring the Kaminoan as he passes her. Returning to the Academy once again, Trajak spots another of Amdis's trainees heading off at a run. Hopefully this meant that he wasn't too far behind now. He puts his head down and increases his pace to reach Amdis as quickly as possible.

Gonna skip talking to anyone I don't have to.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Valhawk posted:

Lom Trajak - Overseer's Office, Sith Academy, Korriban

You make your way through the academy grounds quickly, arriving to find a gaggle of other Initiates waiting in Overseer Amdis office. You do not see any you fought alongside before, and a few others are missing as well.

Amdis himself soon enters and after looking over the group begins to speak.

“Those of you who have made it here have earned Lord Spindrall’s approval. However, do not his opinion that you might have potential to mean that you are Sith. Lord Spindrall has agreed to weed out the most unworthy, but his approval alone will not earn you the favor of a Lord. Now, the time has come for your second trial. Rumors have spread that there exists among the slaves a faction who have decided to rise up. In a week’s time, a detachment from the Imperial Reclamation Service will be arriving to investigate a newly uncovered tomb. We have received intelligence that these rebel slaves intend to attack the Reclamation Service team and bomb the tomb.”

A small gasp goes up in the room, the idea of such an attack is nearly unthinkable.

“You, Initiates, have been tasked to ensure that this does not occur. I do not care how you accomplish this goal, only that it is done. However, take care, for the eyes of many will be on you in this endeavor. Now is your first true chance to prove you can be useful to a Lord, do not waste it.”

He waves for the others to leave, but signals for you to remain behind for a moment. “I have received a report that you assisted some troopers with the elimination of a pest problem in the tomb. This Lieutenant Kayle speaks very highly of your combat and leadership skills. You have done well, it is good to have a proper Imperial to show these alien scum how its done. Continue to impress and I have no doubt you will be chosen. Now, get to your trial.”

With a curt nod, Trajak turns on his heel and walks out of Amdis' office. As an offworlder, he would be at a disadvantage, so he would need an ally with local experience. A few enquiries was all it took to locate Lieutenant Kayle again.

"Lieutenant, you and your troopers worked well in the tomb. I require your assistance in tracking down some rebels in the slave quarters. Your local knowledge will prove invaluable in leveraging the slaves into submission, and your troopers can sweep the slave quarters for contraband that may point to participation in a rebellion."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

"Start with whomever you think will be most agreeable to our presence, or at the least open to negotiations," Trajak replies. "We'll work our way through them until we find someone who knows more information. That will give us leverage to convince those lords who might be hesitant to assist."

Lom ponders for a moment, then adds, "Send a detachment of your most trusted troops to watch over the new tomb as well. Tell them to keep an eye out for suspicious activity from any of the slaves."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Lom Trajak - Sith Academy, Korriban

As angry as Lom was, he knew that Kayle had a point. At the present, he was still only an Initiate, and he had to be careful not to push the boundaries of his position too far. Still, it did nothing to help his situation. He needed another approach. It was then that something the Lieutenant had said suddenly crystallised in his mind. Contraband. Lom didn't need to find the rebels, he just needed to find the bomb. He immediately set out for the new tomb, to find whoever was in charge of equipment. If there was any explosives or chemicals missing, that would be a promising lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Lom Trajak - Sith Academy, Korriban

Finally, some good news, Lom thinks to himself, although he takes care not to show his emotion to the Lieutenant. "And report what, Lieutenant? That you've done half a job?" Trajak grimaces at the holographic face of Kayle. "No, we need more information. A name, at the very least. Who would have the ability and opportunity to fabricate these logs? Surely not a slave."

The Initiate takes a moment to ponder. "No, there must be someone else involved in this plot. It's simply too large for slaves to do on their own. Maybe someone who would exploit the chaos of an explosion, or who would stand to gain political favour from the fallout, or even just plain old credits. I understand this may be above your station, Kayle, so give me a name and I'll take care of it. Keep a sharp eye out for those explosives while I work."