Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Zro Ta- Sith Academy Landing Pad, Korriban

Zro straightens as she leaves the shuttle. Finally. An eternity spent scuttling about in Guardian posture has left her irritable and she rises to Select bearing with great relish. She knows little about the history of the Sith but already she approves of the sweeping heights of their architecture. Still hideously angular but a step in the right direction. A haughty Sith Overseer interrupts her musings and lays out her first task.

What silly hoops she must jump through to better herself. As she turns to leave one of the other Initiates makes a proposal. "I'm not sure what we'll find in that tomb but I'll bet it'll go easier for us if we work together. What do you say?"

Zro's head swivels to study the human. "Hmmm yes, you could be useful. Very well. Lead on." Zro's words are accompanied by a purring sensation of pleasure delivered through the Force. It is neither subtle nor coercive. Merely a flick of sensation delivered as one would hand a treat to an eager pet.

Off we go. Obviously making friends.

quote:

Zro Ta
Sith Inquisitor[+2]

Force Specialty: Twisting Minds[+2] - Zro's application of the more persuasive powers of the Force is curiously strong for her level of training and uniquely persistent. Those effected by even the simple mind tricks she is currently capable of are mentally scarred long after the fact, thoughts twisted to whatever belief she instilled. With proper training her mental abilities will be truly fearsome.

Force Drawback: Weak Enhancement[-2] - Zro's self image subconsciously rejects her adjustments with the Force, making her enhancing abilities much more feeble than they should be.

Ambition: Flesh is weak. The ways of her people preserve the flesh but that is nothing. Empty husks abused by the universe. Zro reaches out and tears into minds. Eventually if she is skilled enough she may be able to carve other minds into copies of herself. Finally she will not be alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta- Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Zro stares at the writhing mass of blades and teeth, almost but not quite advancing under the withering blaster fire. Fearsome indeed.

"These vermin, do they have a queen?" Zro's question is contemplative. She's trying to decide which minds would be more expedient to overcome, the beasts or the troopers.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

"We're your reinforcements." Zro lashes out with the Force, propelling the captain's mind over any doubt and inconsistencies. It is an old trick that Zro has learned anew. She waves a hand dismissively. "Prepare your men to advance, warrior. You will hold our flanks."

Definitely-not-Jedi Mind Tricking the troopers into guarding us. +2 Mind Twisting and +2 Inquisitor.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 22, 2019

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

"I wish to see this queen of vermin. Continue, warrior." Zro drops into Guardian posture once more, crouched and swaying. The blade crackles as she gives it a few test swings but it will be a tool of last resort. Zro will lash out with crushing planes of force. She will sweep the gnashing slugs into clumps for the troopers to dispatch with bursts of blaster fire.

Advance on broodmother. Crush K’lor’slugs into clumps for troopers to finish off. +2 Inquisitor

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, there's the beast. Zro begins tearing at its rudimentary mind with a psychic scream. If she can stun it the forces she has assembled will take it down.

"Fetch me a trophy, warrior."

Sith Inquisitor +2 and Mind Twist +2 to stun the broodmother with psychic shock.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta is anything but pleased as she receives the mewling warrior's donation. Her anger radiates a sensation of physical pain to those closest, like stinging nettles.

"Are you always so lax in following the orders of the Sith, warrior?" Zro hisses. "I asked you to fetch me a trophy from the beast. I will be obeyed." The radiating pain spikes at the last emphatic hiss then relents. "The force is in all things. In you it may barely be a ripple, but in a voracious predator lurking within the tombs of the Sith? Do you see? Sever a talon from the broodmother for me and then I am done with you."

Zro Ta will wait for the trophy and then proceed to Spindrall.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro waits.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

“Well, well, well it would appear the last of last of Amdis’s charges has arrived. What do you have to say for yourself alien, why shouldn’t I kill you as an example to future initiates of the cost of being last?”

"Is power determined in a footrace then? I was told that you would judge our competence not our cowardice." Zro's head is bowed in something like deference. There is a menace to Spindrall beyond his his words. "Surely there are other ways of demonstrating one's use to the Sith than sprinting to be first in line? I, perhaps foolishly, wished to face the creatures thriving in this tomb. To learn how the dark side pervades even the simple minded beasts."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

---Capable of reading----

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

"Thank you, lord." Zro bows. Despite how loath she is to admit it even to herself the power of the Sith lords does scare her. It is almost intolerable that others threaten her existence. She will learn from them, cultivate her strength. And then? Then they will see that they did not understand what she was.

Zro's long legs eat up distance as she returns to the landing zone and Amdis.

Return.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Zro bobs her head in acknowledgement and moves on. A small smile plays across her face as she turns. A much more agreeable task than bowing and scraping for a crazy old hermit. As she departs, Zro draws upon the Force and assumes a mantle she has worn many times before. Unsteady eyes will turn from her, weak minds will glaze over her passage. She hunts, wreathed in absence.

Proceed to the new tomb, cloaked from sight by the Force. Twisting Minds +2 and Sith Inquisitor +2

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta- Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

Zro hisses. Weak weak weak. She ducks into the first empty tent she comes across and lets her shroud fall with a gasp. She won't have long amidst the bustle of this camp before someone comes in. It would be worse than useless to be seen now after having infiltrated the camp. It would reveal her capabilities to whatever watchers the rebel slaves had nearby. A second failure... unthinkable. Zro grits her grinding palettes and closes her eyes. She must recover enough to sneak to a more secluded hiding spot or at least enough to beguile whoever entered the tent.

Zro tries to regain enough strength to find better hiding spot before being discovered. Just +2 Inquisitor unless someone discovers her and she has to attempt +2 Mind Twisting. Good hiding spots would be equipment storage that won't be used until the Reclamation Team arrives or any sort of individual housing whose occupant she can come to an... accord with.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

So. The more regard upon her would drain her of Force quicker. Annoying... yet perhaps useful... With enough sensitivity she could use the increased draw as a kind of alert that someone was paying more attention than they should. Zro takes short trips through various areas of the camp, trying to find too-aware slaves or saboteurs. It is exhausting work but Zro enjoys the feeling of power over the oblivious peons. It is also excellent training on drawing and holding the Force.

Use the increase Force draw of her don't-notice-me trick to pinpoint people who are paying too much attention for their apparent role. Inquisitor +2

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Thrice damned meddlers. Zro briefly considers stalking the other aspirants and removing them the equation. No, better to have them around should things go poorly. Zro sits on the floor of her makeshift lair, the motion a complex and graceful folding of long limbs. She seeks a still void where only her mind and passions exist. A flame upon the wick of the Force. In that thought space she stokes the spark of her self.

Recover and meditate. Inquisitor +2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro feels recharged and ready to begin the hunt anew. She lurks about until she can approach an isolated slave and then brings her mental powers to bear. "Tell me of the planned attack, friend." Should the worker not be party to the conspiracy Zro will order them to forget the encounter and continue the search. If she finds a saboteur then phase two begins.

Using Sith Inquistor +2 and Mind Twisting +2 to coax answers out of enthralled slaves until she finds a conspirator.