Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Sith Academy Landing Pad- Korriban

Angry and violent overseers? Check.
Zero instruction and a potentially fatal first task? Check.
Zero oversight in performing that task? Check.

It didn't take force visions to see how things would go here. The screaming woman was obviously weak but Kolzaar was very strong. With good eyes. Seeking the safety of numbers and the one least likely to stab him in the back at the first opportunity he followed along. The woman would likely turn on them once she started feeling herself again, but Zef would be ready.

Going to follow along with Birdman and the Banshee. Desecrating the Tomb of Marka Ragnos.

quote:

Name - Zef Arkada, Human

Background: As smuggler born in hyperspace Zef has never felt tied down to one system or another. His early life as a scoundrel was a string of successes until he began to attract more powerful attention. An encounter with some rogue jedi that required his services led to the discovery that his uncanny luck was due to his latent force abilities. After consideration, Zef decided that the Sith, while more dangerous, would be his best bet toward unlocking the rewards that such abilities might bring.

Sith Inquisitor[+2] As a rogue Zef never was one for a fair fight. The longer one was exposed the longer someone had a chance to pick you off. Best just to be sneaky and underhanded and get them before they get you if a simple escape was not a viable option.

Force Specialty[+2] - Precognition: What was once dreams and intuitions has become visions and precise certainty. When there are seemingly unfathomable variables at play Zef has a staggering ability to pull a win out of nowhere.

Force Drawback[-2] - Conscience: The darker acts that other initiates seem to revel in do not appeal to Zef. He is more than their equal in terms of ambition but he is always hesitant to commit to these shortcuts to power. Sometimes he wonders if he should have just trained with those rogue jedi.

Ambition: Honestly all Zef has ever wanted was to live his life and fulfill his craving for adventure and excitement. Getting control of a planet or system would be great if he wanted to kick his heels back in retirement but he knows that he is decades away from wanting to do that. OOC I want to play as a Sith who isn't wholly evil, just ambitious. To see how long that can last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Sith Academy Landing Pad- Korriban

Ah, one of the oldest tricks. Zef remained guarded and focused on the moment: on the path they were traveling and the ones going the same way. He could tell many of the others were already counting their rancors before they hatched and the thoughts came anyway. "Why they would have us go after an artifact instead of a qualified team. I'm not sure most people on the planet could even read them either if they are old Sith." He did not use his precognition actively but his gut still had its opinion.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Journey to the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

It wasn't the first time Zef had been accosted by ruffians. There had been times he'd been one of the ruffians. It helped him figure out their mindset quickly. He began to walk nonchalantly toward them.

"So you are going to take our stuff and maybe survive a few more days out here." He takes a look out at the bleak landscape before turning back to the wildlings. "Come on now, staying out here is a death sentence. I'll give you one better than what I have on me: My account at the Sith Imperial Bank. It'll be enough credits to get all of you off world and a bit left to get started somewhere else."

He put his hand on the hilt of his weapon. "If it isn't me, it will be someone else. Take the offer and save yourselves."

Trying to buy my way out of this and save these wretches. Of course I'm playing defensive in case they decide to jump me. Precognition [+2] and Inquisitor [+2] Total +4 should they decide to attack, precog for timing and Inquisitor for basic battle skill. Conscience is more of a roleplay effect here.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 22, 2019

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada, Journey to the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Zef took a defensive posture and took a deep breath as he assessed the situation. That lightsaber could be as dangerous to its wielder as it was to those around him if this fool was as unskilled as Zef suspected. Might as well use that to his advantage. Zef concentrated and answered the aggression of his foe with a push of the force intended to throw the leader back into his followers. Let them damage each other.

"Are you going to let me have all the fun?" He goaded Katara.

Going to go with a nice, simple, and strong Force Push to send these dolts into each other using their numbers against them. Their weapons should harm each other in the tangle and their own anger may cause some infighting even. My intent is to use the rules for upshifting/downshifting attack/defense in PDQ(if allowed) to use my precognition for the optimal time, Sith Inquisitor for the ability, and an upshift to really put concentration into it while lowering my concentration on defense.

So +6 to force push these bastards into each other like dominoes and +2 to my defense

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef immediately reached out to pull the lightsaber to himself with the force. He looked into Katara's eyes and saw her fury, and realized that he wanted the lightsaber to finish off the fallen. He took a deep breath and began to release his anger, giving up the struggle for the lightsaber. He would not stop her from her grim task, but for himself would not allow the dark side to override his will.

Instead he took a moment to center himself and began to search the bodies of the fallen. They had managed to score a lightsaber, what else might they have found?

Invoking my drawback to explain losing the contest for the lightsaber. Conscience -2. Looting the bodies and if I have to fight then it'll be at +0.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

JamezBfod posted:

Zef immediately reached out to pull the lightsaber to himself with the force. He looked into Katara's eyes and saw her fury, and realized that he wanted the lightsaber to finish off the fallen. He took a deep breath and began to release his anger, giving up the struggle for the lightsaber. He would not stop her from her grim task, but for himself would not allow the dark side to override his will.

Instead he took a moment to center himself and began to search the bodies of the fallen. They had managed to score a lightsaber, what else might they have found?

Invoking my drawback to explain losing the contest for the lightsaber. Conscience -2. Looting the bodies and if I have to fight then it'll be at +0.

Zef nodded an affirmation. "I was hoping for a triple alliance, with the understanding that a betrayal by one would be punished by the other two." He tossed an emptied bag aside. "It might mitigate some of the more self-destructive aspects of Sith Philosophy."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef pocketed what extra water and rations he could carry as well as the broken blaster and chased after Katara. Seeing a Sith Soldier in poor condition gave him pause. Was it some kind of trap? He glanced around a moment. Sometimes these Sith were dicks just for the sake of being dicks. Still, the man was clearly injured and any fools that confused Zef's kindness for weakness would soon be corrected.

He reached into his bag as the soldier flinched. "My name is Zef. I am an initiate here. You seem in need of food and rations. If you'd remain still a moment I would do what I can for your injuries and then I expect a report on the situation here."

Giving the poor dude a ration of water and food, Attempting Force Heal to tend to his wounds. Looking him in the eye and showing him basic respect while laying out my expectations.

If Sith Inquisitor +2 helps that I'll use it otherwise it's a naked die roll to heal Sith soldier

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 17, 2019

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Secret Passage? Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

"You may want to rest just inside the tomb. This spot is too open." Zef said as a farewell to the Sith solider as he closed his eyes to see instead with the force.

He speaks low to Katara, "I will lead, but keep that lightsaber ready."

Using Precognition and Sith Inquisitor to see the unseen on the way to the holocron. +4 total.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada -Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

He had been taken aback at the sudden ending of the trance in which he had found his way. He spoke softly to Katara, "Do you feel that? It's as if the room knows we're here." He turned to see her looking at the walls with a look of understanding and...foreboding? It was hard to read with so much Dark Side presence in the room. He had trusted the Force to lead him yet now that he was here he marveled at his surroundings. He felt like a child standing before the works of gods. So many mysteries, lost knowledge, and dark secrets were in this room alone.

Zef knelt down and assumed a meditative pose. He extended his senses, his feelings, and his mind into the room and allowed the Force to reveal what it may. He still attempted to retain his will and dispassion lest he be lost or overtaken by the great and terrible forces present.

I'm going to reach out and try to grok the room, the force emanating from what are probably torture-chambers for sith draugr, the walls, the past, the future, and of course the present. Gotta keep your mind on where you are and what you are doing. Precognition +2 for the knowledge side and Sith Inquisitor +2 for the force channeling portions. Questions more specifically: What's in the box, whats the story behind this chamber, and for a third, Where's the data/holocron at?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef gasped at the revelation. It would seem the Dark Side was a pathway to many abilities that could be used in... a petty waste of resources. They must have been bored out of their minds before they had a galaxy to conquer. Whatever these unfortunates had done, it probably did not warrant such a fate. He glanced to Katara inspecting a stone slab.

"The occupants of this tomb are.... not completely dead. I think they might be ghouls now." He took a beat to overcome his pity and focus on the task at hand. Ending their misery would have to be a secondary objective. "Holocron was placed in the middle one."

He began to circle the center while weighing his options. He could not tell if he was exhausting his natural affinity with the force or the sheer power present here was clouding his vision but he had no clear path forward.

He decided to fall back to his smuggling days. The job was to get the Holocron. To do that he needed to unseal this thing. Straightforward in concept, complex and dangerous in practice.

"I'm going to remove it. It could trigger anything. Be prepared."

Zef reached out with the force and began to pick the locks and extract the prize...

Going to try force-picking the lock. I saw it close and am attempting to use my vision and prescience to reverse engineer that process both metaphysically and mundanely without tripping any traps. Or just a smash and grab with hell following. Precogniton and Sith Inquisitor for a total of +4

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 12, 2019

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef had been expecting something less conversational, so his initial reaction was to stash the holocron in a sachel and put his hand on the thermal detonator. As he understood what was happening, his plans changed accordingly.

"Greetings, I am Zef Arkada. An initiate of the Sith at the Academy here on Korriban. Unless I miss my mark you are a Sith out of time. Ragnos has been dead over a thousand years. But they say his spirit lingers... The Sith Empire fought a war in the stars against a Republic and a group of Light-sided force users. They lost and retreated, and are now back to reclaim the galaxy.

I am certain your knowledge and obvious power would bring you prestige and influence in the modern Sith, if you would choose to return to the Academy with us."

He looked to Katara to see if she had anything to add.

Just going to ask him to rejoin the Sith. Never got that chat running.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

"I was the one who unsealed the sarcophagus. How would you like to proceed?"

I'm ready for anything.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zer Arkada, Katara Orono - Tom of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

The ancient sith looked from left to right. Measuring and waiting for the answer to the question. Infinitely patient

Zef shrugged. "I was the one who unsealed the sarcophagus. How would you like to proceed?".He moved his hand to the hilt of his sword but his face held no eagerness to use it.

The cyborg looked at you and nodded. "You look like an initiate. However, the force seems to have linked our fates." It thought a moment. "I won't interfere in your interactions with your overseer. But I will follow you. I'm not what I once was, but in time I will regain some of what was lost." GM: Let the force vampire-cyborg thing join you as a companion? Y/N?

Player: JamezBfod: Y

“If it would suit you I would welcome your service. If you cannot recall your name I will dub you “Sorken”. Zef looked around the chamber. “Now we will need to escape the way we came. Hopefully we can follow our tracks through the dust. I will be using my gifts to be sure, though.”

Sorken nods. “It is as good a name as any.” He throws a force wave ahead of you and Zef into the hallway, then grunts at the exertion. Several traps sprang and exploded in the halls beyond. “I will need to kill to get stronger. Living things.” He shook himself asd he said it as if wondering where the knowledge came from. “We can follow your tracks after we get beyond the area of my force usage.” He nodded. Waiting to see if Zef were ready to go.

Zef were ready. He looked to Katara for confirmation before closing his eyes to "feel" his way back.

Accepting the creepy force vampire, using Precognition +2 and Sith Inquisitor +2 to make our way back safely. Total +4

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 9, 2019

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada, Katara Orono - Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Once in the relative safety of outside the tomb Zef stopped to consider his next move. The holocron was tempting, but he simply did not have the time or probable skill to master it. Time was of the essence as well, the Overseer did not seem the patient type. Hopefully Katara shared his view. He turned to her as she was reviewing her map of the new area. "On to the Overseer, then?"

Lets turn in this thing and the map and hope it's a big enough prize to make up for not being what we were told to get.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Overseer's Office, Korriban

Zef took out the prize and placed it into Talco's outstretched hand. "A Sith Holocron recovered from the Tomb of Marka Ragnos on this very day by Katara Orono and myself. Katara has also mapped out the path to the section in which it was found."

He hoped the shock of the holocron being presented would provide cover for his other hand firmly holding the dead man's switch on his thermal detonator within his bag.

Presenting the Holocron, sharing credit. If Talco cuts me down you're all coming with me(See thermal detonator)

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Lord Abaron's Office, Korriban

After returning to his quarters for a change of robes and personal hygiene after the archaeological excursion and ensuring his gear(including his training sword) was in good condition Zef went directly to the office of Lord Abaron. He informed the attendant subordinate, "I have been ordered to report to Lord Abaron for further instructions." and waited for Lord Abaron to call upon him.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef considered the task for a moment, turning the holocron over in his hands. "I would like to know more about our marks. Surely you would have more reliable and concise information than we could gather on our own."

Just asking for a quick profile of each of these targets.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

As his fellow initiates turned to leave Zef had but one more series of questions for Lord Abaron. "What was the nature of the communications? The methods by which they were sent? Who would be receiving them? Of course some of this information must be sanitized but it would be helpful to know what I am looking for."

Kind of a Who, what, when, where, why, and how about the alleged communications.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

While awaiting his answer or rebuke Zef turned over the holocron in his hands. This would be a difficult and treacherous mission and he would need his full strength and as much foreknowledge as he could get. He opened his mind to the holocron and the task ahead.

Sith Inquisitor[+2] and Precognition[+2] to inspect the holocron and look into this mission.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Market, Korriban

Zef gave a respectful bow before leaving the room. What Katara had been doing instead of arriving and whatever fate she would suffer were beyond his ability to change. He began to head to the marketplace before remembering the soldier he had helped before entering the ruins. He was likely at the medical station still. Kef faced a choice: commandeer a military force or assemble a mercenary crew. With his background and mission he decided on the more clandestine mercenaries and continued on his way. Zef kept an eye and a sense open for Sorken's presence, sensing nothing, but assuming the cyborg was trailing him anyway.

Once at the market Zef found the cantina of the most wretched scum and villains Korriban had to offer outside of the Sith themselves. Zef spent some time charming the denizens of this place while seeking a backroom game of chance. He was certain his thermal detonator would be worth an initial stake, and then his own skill and abilities would take things from there...

Trying to find a game of chance to get funds and supplies. Using Precognition[+2] passively to enhance my abilities and my thermal detonator for the initial stake to get me playing.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

"It's a deceptively complicated thing, gambling. Math, psychology, luck, and skill all together." He said to Sorken as they left. "Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, but the most important rule is never to stake more than you are willing to lose." He counted his credits one more time before heading off.

Zef had made it known that he was searching for a shuttle and a small crew to perform a mission. Further details would be given to serious inquiries. One did not want word of this excursion to spread too far too quickly. He remained conspicuous while awaiting an interested party to approach. In the meantime, though, he wondered if Katara might be willing to join the mission. Her battle meditation alone could improve their chances.

"Sorken. Find Katara and let her know I have a plan to find the traitor. She may wish to join us."

Looking to hire a ship(including its own pilot) and a small crew (Pilot(a second one), Merc, Slicer). Also giving Katara a chance to join up.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

This Whiskeyrose and crew seemed...hopefully sufficient. The Orono-Scion seemed to have disappeared without a trace. Possibly the doing of the spy? Possibly Abaron. Even Sorken could not find a trace of evidence. No matter. It would be himself, Sorken, and whatever this crew could muster.

"The plan is to board a ship in Orbit here." Zef had looked provided a description of the ship and its rough location as he understood it. "Once inside we need to secure the ship, its computers, droids if any, and whatever crew we don't put down in the boarding."

"As for our initial approach, my... associate and myself will use the Force to hide us from them. If you have any measures or suggestions they would be appreciated."

If we are still negotiating then I guess that's it, if we are skipping to boarding I'm using Sith Inquisitor +2 and Precognition +2 for a total of +4 to cloud the minds of those monitoring the system for approaching ships(You know when they replay security footage during a heist? THat but with meat brains directly). Sorken will hopefully assist with his ability to stay hidden entirely.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - [Lord Solence's or Lord Arzanon's contact?]'s Sith Destroyer - Orbit, Korriban

"Maybe we don't have to be." Zef said. He was still struggling to get the dying cleaning crew's faces out of his mind. "If we can get the administrator or even a technician then we can have them access it."

He began to concentrate on finding someone who worked on this station and incepting the urge to come to their station. Alone.

Invoking my drawback because murder and using a combination of Inquisitor +2 for the inception and Precognition+2 to "see" someone with access to this station. total +2

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - [Lord Solence's or Lord Arzanon's contact?]'s Sith Destroyer - Orbit, Korriban

Sorken saw the signal to hold, more literally, "I got this." from Kef. With a derisive air of one who would crush a person but are not permitted to Kef stepped from the shadows.

"Well if it isn't Mommy's special boy..." he began as he exerted influence over the Archivist. "I am here for the 'communications backup'."

Yes, that's a thing. Oh look, here are suppressed memories of previous events. You do this to repay your mother for not smothering you as a child. You disappointment.

Zef sneered, "Well? Get to it. Even the 'deleted' ones. It will be worse for you than for me if this is discovered."

Going to use Force persuasion and implanted memories to convince him to give me the communications dump and then forget about it completely and wake up hungover in his bunk. Using Sith Inquisitor+2 and Precognition +2 Totaling +4

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

After a few seconds of glaring at Sorken Zef decided on his course of action and this man's fate. He didn't need a cyborg mummy questioning his methods but despite his own reservations he knew to cover his tracks. "Very well, let me do it." he said gravely. Zef walked over and picked up the man's sandwich. It looked decadent. He shoved a side of it into the sleeping one's open mouth and pressed the man's jaw again and again to simulate chewing. Zef held the man's nose closed and repeated the process even as the Officer choked and sputtered and began to drown in his own vomit. Once the man was still Zef stood up. He spoke to Sorken without looking. "Feed on what life is left. We will leave now."

Performing a coup de gras on a helpless opponent. Making it look like how he was probably going to end anyway. Leaving by the best route according to my visions. Using Sith Inquisitor+2 and Precognition +2 but also my drawback(killing a helpless opponent) for a total of +2 plus whatever Sorken gives to hide our presence.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Sith Academy, Korriban

Zef released the rest of his payment to his Mercs and trusted the real threat of a slow, torturous death for all of them if it was ever revealed what transpired to keep their mouths shut. Once free he avoided some ongoing alarms to take the path back to his quarters. It would be a grind to find the data he was looking for, whatever it might be. There might well be more valuable secrets than just the ones under investigation.

I will be searching the contents of the hard drive for anything incriminating. I'm not sure force powers count here but Sith Inquisitor +2 might have relatively mundane subterfuge and other skills involved?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef nodded. Whoever did this was good. drat good. And competent, which might make them easier to spot. In any case he still had four suspects to get close to. Hiding his treasure Zef opened a communication.

"Lord Arzanon, I hope this message finds you well. I am a student here at the academy seeking...opportunities. In my former life I was a smuggler-- a drat good one. I am offering my skills should they be of use to you from the other side of the fence." He finished with a properly formal bow and ended the communication and wondered if Arzanon would appreciate the wordplay.

Hitting up the first of the four suspects for a meeting to get close and ???

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Zef's Quarters, Sith Academy, Korriban

At the word"Kill" Zef threw out a force push and attempted to foresee the paths this battle would take as he advanced with his training saber. Sorken's position behind her and the push would give him a surprise advantage. It would just be a matter of keeping her focused on himself while Sorken did the heavy lifting.

Screw it. Using Sith Inquisitor +2, Precognition +2, and Sorken to strike first on this bitch. I push, I try to parry her counterattack, and Sorken goes for something vital. The head, hopefully. Maybe the chest. Zabrak Sith can apparently survive being cut in half in the midsection so I don't want that.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef took a page from Form V and assumed a flexibly defensive stance. A curt nod in Sorken's direction as they prepared to press in on this Sith from either side. "I expect him to die a traitor's death." Zef deigned to reply before countering whatever attack came his way.

Using Sith Inquisitor +2, Precognition +2, a training sword, and Sorkens skill set to anticipate, parry, and counterattack any blows their opponent attempts.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The pain of the minor wound pushed Zef's anger beyond any previous limit. He hated the Sith. He knew this. He hated their paranoia and their careless violence. He hated their constant backstabbing and smug...he hated the smugness most of all. He gave into this anger and focused it through his training sword. A spark, an arc, two arcs, and finally jolting arcing currents of force lighting sprang forth along with force-augmented speed, strength, and foresight. Zef roared and reveled in his rage as he pressed his attack.

Same deal but now my training saber is supercharged with force lighting. Actually upshift attack and downshift defense if this PDQ hack allows. So like +6(and sorken) attack and +2(and sorken) defense. But I figure I won't need the sword after this fight because I'll either have a new lightsaber or be dead. Or worse!

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

This fight had been harder fought than Zef had hoped. He would need to stack the deck more thoroughly in the future. Now was the time, however, before Sorken could fully devour her life energy Zef needed answers even more than he needed to heal himself. He pulled himself up and forward, placing his good hand on the Zabrak's forehead. He needed her knowledge of her master. If not a smoking treasonous gun then anything he could use. The identity of or purpose of Lord Arzanon nighttime meetings. Even just a bit of blackmail material to keep the Sith Lord from retaliating further against the mere initiate.

When he was done, before he could even understand what information he had gleaned, he spoke to Sorken. "I hope you are well fed. Disassemble the lightsaber and hide it well for now. Make use of her personal effects, especially the key-card if it survived. Dispose of the body as you see fit--but discreetly. I recommend feeding the beasts of the wastes but I will leave the details to you."

Using Sith Inquisitor +2 to rip information from her mind. He need not be gentle, subtle, or kind. Ordering Sorken to handle the initial cleanup and loot her corpse.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef was briefly guilty about the death of the Kabrak. Then he reminded himself that she had been a terrible negotiator and marched into a trap. Had she asked questions instead of making threats they both would be better off right now. He began to clean up traces of his own investigation and data cache before departing to the medical ward to be treated for the wound. When asked he would state, "It was a training accident. There is no time to waste. He needs a secluded room." with a wave of his hand.

Sith Inquisitor +2 to attempt to force persuade my way to kolto treatment while not being registered while also out of sight of the main areas.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Now that the injuries were managed Zef needed to arm himself. The Armory for the Academy itself would be no use. It would be monitored closely. His best bet would be one of the ones for the Sith Troops. He pulled up the map on his datapad and listened to the force. One in particular stood out as ripe for his purposes. The rest might do, but this one, it seemed, was where the force wanted him to be.

Going to the same Armory to dovetail our security investigations.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

He could have shared the information, but Zef was still unsure of his next real move. It would be best to re-arm himself and go from there. He headed to an armory more adjacent to the academy. One where he could find a new training saber and perhaps some other useful weapons.

Just going to re-arm.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef had been weighing his options for some time. Moving around the Academy would be difficult while Arzanon was looking for him. Best to find him first. Save both their skins.

Going to use Sith Inquisitor and Precognition to cat-and-mouse my way past guards and other folk to meet with Arzanon.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

"Lord."Zef gave the customary bow. "I had a few matters to attend to. Found others chasing separate threads. I understand you are seeking a ship in Orbit?"

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef gave a curt nod. "The information is being sent to a ship in orbit." He gave the relevant information: position, name. "I...acquired a data cache. It has been of use as a mere skeleton key but. Well. See for yourself." He copied the contents of his datapad onto Lord Arzanon's. "Someone has been hoarding a lot of sensitive Data."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef nodded. "Given how widespread the data theft is we will need a specialist with Imperial Intelligence and probably a droid to sift through all this and put together the when and how of most of it. It likely isn't a one-man operation and gathering the associates will be important to stopping the breach."

Also given my initial suspects I think Lord Solence may be the only one with the resources to have done this. His activities will require investigation. Perhaps a sting operation...I was going to make myself the bait.""