Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 2 1.77%
Yes but louder. 25 22.12%
K O F I T R A I N 86 76.11%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Kofi owns, and that match was really good and literally had me leaning forward and marking at every near fall.

The entire match was good too, however much it sucks that Joe was first out instead of Hardy. I liked the RKO that got AJ, too, even if I wish it was in motion instead of set up, pause to get in position, then down.

I only turned on EC during the Ronda match (and then cooked dinner through the Braun match), but I was entertained!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Becky's knee is rapidly turning into a plot tumor. Just have her reveal she's faking it to gently caress with them and then let her kick rear end. Nobody wants to see the badass hero limping around like an idiot, especially after you literally just ended the "BECKY'S KNEE IS HURT" angle the very last week.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Hope the big crowd response for Kofi leads to him getting that big title win sometime in 2019, give him that sweet sweet gold watch reign.

I don't expect them to push him right up into a WM title match or anything, but he's surprisingly kind of the perfect guy to beat Bryan for the title so I hope Bryan gets a nice long-ish reign and then drops the title to Kofi at Summerslam.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Fosson posted:

gently caress no. Just needs to adapt to not being with Liv and Sarah. And the weird rear end hair.

Why would you break up one of the best stables in the company right now?

Angry Grimace posted:

Becky's knee is rapidly turning into a plot tumor. Just have her reveal she's faking it to gently caress with them and then let her kick rear end. Nobody wants to see the badass hero limping around like an idiot, especially after you literally just ended the "BECKY'S KNEE IS HURT" angle the very last week.

Becky's knee is going to turn into Seth's knee soon if they don't drop this nonsense quick. :argh:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Vandar posted:

Becky's knee is going to turn into Seth's knee soon if they don't drop this nonsense quick. :argh:

Except Becky is the main event and its even dumber to have her doing this stupid injury crap leading into it. People want to see her kick rear end, not Daniel Bryan her way in.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I loved that double pinning combination the Iiconics used on Naomi. Really cool and logical use of the tornado tag scenario. The kind of spot that makes you surprised you haven’t seen it before!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

BGrifter posted:

Dear god yes this. I would have been super sad if the weed belt got retired already. I'm guessing they'll go back to the regular one the moment DBry loses it. Well... unless RVD has one last run left in him.

They don't need to retire the Weed Belt if Kofi wins it. His character is Jamaican, right?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Angry Grimace posted:

I honestly thought that's where they were going with that. Pretend to need crutches to get into the ring and use them. She even seemed fine beating Charlotte and Ronda. But she still limped away with the help of two people

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Bring in Harper and do New Day vs. Green Day at Fastlane to earn Kofi his Wrestlemania match officially. It would be a cool as hell match and letting Kofi have his brothers in the New Day directly help him earn his Wrestlemania spot would be such good storytelling.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Vandar posted:

Mainly because their “rioting” is tipping over a roll of paper (not joking) and highly choreographed small time shenanigans. Ruby looks bored and Liv and Sarah look like they are following the TelePrompTer. I could say it isn’t their fault, but they always hesitate before moving an intern’s iPad a foot away from viewpoint. “So crazy!”

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Steve Austin should run into Becky back stage, share a meaningful look with her, and then hand her one of his knee braces to wear.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I still think the funniest criticism of Becky Lynch’s character is that people got all mad that she is self-aware that she’s really popular. Half of her gimmick comes from roasting people on fucken Twitter. Why would she not know that she is popular?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Angry Grimace posted:

Seth has had a worked bum knee for almost four years now

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

you know there's someone who lost their title tonight who can take on bryan at mania

You guessed it

Frank Stallone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Becky stored up all her knee injury and then transferred it to Cain Velasquez tonight.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm actually starting to wonder if they're just avoiding putting anyone in anything resembling a real match to protect them against injuries. If they're planning to main event WM with this, they're going to push the gently caress out of it PR wise, and the main event thing doesn't work if either Ronda or Becky actually can't work the match. Then again, they're doing all this random crutch violence and nobody told Ronda how to sell getting hit with a weapon.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 18, 2019

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrgrMH409WA

Kofi will win at WrestleMania.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I will scream so loud my voice will break. Like, hot gently caress the amount of marking I would do.

And can you imagine the party the next night on Raw or Smackdown or whatever? Holy poo poo :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pro-loving click there, these guys are all fantastic.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah this would be a fun WM moment and a huge pop for the Raw/Smackdown after too. Them giving New Day these pretty long interviews gives me some hope that it's possible, even though I don't expect that to be the case.

Love that idea of New Day as a team winning a match to get Kofi the title shot too, that'd be like the most New Day thing ever.

Also I just realized, as fun as the hemp belt is and it's a lot of fun, it's kind of the perfect rebound from that to have a New Day belt that's just so entirely glammed out, like yellow and purple everywhere and just all kinds of custom art drawn on it and such. Then after that you can transition back to a normal belt, having gone to the two extremes there. Or heck, just have that Hemp belt on hand for a week or two and just have it covered with New Day stickers, art, etc.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 18, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NowonSA posted:

have that Hemp belt on hand for a week or two and just have it covered with New Day stickers, art, etc.

And every time it is onscreen, Daniel Bryan is also in the frame looking like Bill's dad at the start of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the new day theme song is 'good' and 'classic' but it's very 'tired' and i think kofi should get a Hollywood The Rock version of his old theme song, with the same vocals or babymetal vocals.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I will say that them devoting so much time for Kofi after the match gives me hope. They could have ended it with Bryan just holding up the belt and yelling at the crowd, but they really made the moment about Kofi.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I do have to admit it's funny they did a spot where a babyface hits his finisher and then gets pinned twice on this show and it worked once.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I feel really awful for Mustafa if the plan was for him to be an out-of-nowhere rocket to the Mania Main Event, but if there's one man on Earth I am happy to have a chance to steal that spot away it's Kofi. New Day vs Bryan and Rowan (and Harper or Bray?!) would be an incredible feud to lead up to Mania, and seeing somebody who should have been a Main Eventer for the last decade finally reach the top of the mountain against all odds when just a handful of years ago he'd been ready to hang it up would be one hell of a feel good moment.

Also if they go all the way with this I want to hear Kofi's original music for his Mania entrance.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

per dave the mania direction is bryan/aj but its not locked in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it may be a three way with orton.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

per dave the mania direction is bryan/aj but its not locked in

AJ is fantastic but I can't think of a duller direction to go, unfortunately.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That's unfortunate

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Wait I was wrong.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Bryan v. AJ v. Orton for the championship, Orton wins
Kofi v. Samoa Joe grudge match, winner undecided but it'll be a 30 second squash either way

Fantasy booking The Most Disappointing Mania is kinda fun :3:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've stopped following WWE for a few weeks but saw this pop up on FB and came to this thread to check out what went down

Why don't they

Why don't they fuckin let people just god drat talk like this on the shows

This is so good and real and good

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Interesting note: Unless you count The Rock, Kofi would be the first black WWE Champion.

Edit: If you count the WHC and include the WCW title's lineage in it's history as WWE seems to do, he would be the 4th after :drat:, Booker and Mark Henry. But he would be the first in the WWE title's direct lineage.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 18, 2019

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Bring back SOS you loving cowards.

That last match was so loving good. There were multiple crowd shots of grown men in tears after that match. That's nuts.

On the women's tag teams: It's crazy how naturally Naomi and Carmella fit together. If you made a thousand strangers watch the six teams in the match and said "One of these was thrown together at the last minute", maybe four of them would guess it was those two.

I maintain my crazy-rear end conspiracy theory that Kofi didn't replace Ali, Jeff replaced Ali.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All aboard the K O F I T R A I N, motherfuckers. Last stop MetLife stadium!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

His contract is up so he’s getting the title

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Interesting note: Unless you count The Rock, Kofi would be the first black WWE Champion.

Edit: If you count the WHC and include the WCW title's lineage in it's history as WWE seems to do, he would be the 4th after :drat:, Booker and Mark Henry. But he would be the first in the WWE title's direct lineage.

its 2019 this isnt a good stat.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Kofi should win the title at Wrestlemania then John Cena should come out and challenge and beat him.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its 2019 this isnt a good stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Wait I was wrong.
lmao