Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 2 1.77%
Yes but louder. 25 22.12%
K O F I T R A I N 86 76.11%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Bring back SOS you loving cowards.

That last match was so loving good. There were multiple crowd shots of grown men in tears after that match. That's nuts.

On the women's tag teams: It's crazy how naturally Naomi and Carmella fit together. If you made a thousand strangers watch the six teams in the match and said "One of these was thrown together at the last minute", maybe four of them would guess it was those two.

I maintain my crazy-rear end conspiracy theory that Kofi didn't replace Ali, Jeff replaced Ali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Bryan is going to lose the title at Wrestlemania. He's not going to go to Saudi Arabia, and that will be just a few weeks afterward.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Midnightghoul posted:

I've been down with the IIconics since day one, the only thing bad about them is that Peyton lost her NXT theme

RIGHT? Why the hell would they stick with the bad theme of the two? I hate how tag wrestlers in general suddenly give up their own themes, even for singles' matches. Although, I'll note that in the Worlds Collide Tournament, both Zack Gibson and Tyler Bate had their singles themes instead of their tag team themes, and that made me happy. (Even though both of their tag teams/partners have better theme music) The Iiconics is especially bad because Peyton had the better theme and is also the better wrestler.

Bring back SOS you cowards!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Psychepath posted:

Owens will be appreciative and happy to be back for about a month, then turn out of nowhere because he's bitter that he has to perform for YOU PEOPLE instead of spend time at home with his family.

Repeat the AJ/Samoa Joe feud with Kevin Owens in AJ's place, but instead of freak out, KO is all "Oh, cool. Joe is a fantastic babysitter. I love when he randomly comes by my house. Him and my kids sit around and play video games. Sometimes he brings pie."

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
If you held a gun to my head and asked me who the least exciting main roster talent was in WWE, I would not, in fact, say "Tye Dillinger" but only because I wouldn't even have remembered he existed.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I maintain Dolph's biggest failing is his feuds never being allowed to go anywhere/50-50 booking. Ideally, he's a guy that should, if he has a belt, be putting on open challenges. And if he doesn't, he should be curtain jerking or doing early matches against, you know, just about anyone, but not having these endless heat vacuum feuds.

Has Dolph ever been involved in a short feud?

He also absolutely got screwed over the last few months, but it's hard to notice, because it was simultaneous to the more popular Finn and Drew (most of all!) being screwed, too. Like, they were clearly building to what I'm pretty sure was going to be a pretty good triple threat match with the three of them, but something just completely tossed that idea off the rails, and suddenly Drew was teamed up with Corbin and Lashley all the time, while Finn and Dolph were stuck doing god knows what.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Wasn't Tye's finisher a transitional move for like, eight guys on the roster?

For some reason, I think he just used an Ushigoroshi.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I always found him boring, and won't particularly miss him, but I'll completely agree that competent hands like him, and quite a few others, are misused, but more importantly, under used, and if we had regular matches against the undercard every so often, we wouldn't be stuck in this endless nightmare of Lashley and Corbin vs Finn and friends over and over and over and over again.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

IcePhoenix posted:

Is he wrong? Has there been a homegrown more ready than Charlotte since she was called up? The callups since her were either not good/ready or not homegrown.

The original post doesn't seem to specify "called up", when it talks about homegrown talent. So this is probably defending Belair who is definitely more ready than Evans.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Not really the thread for it, but since we're on the subject, I'm way more excited about the up-and-coming women in NXT and if/how they'll develop than any of the men behind the obvious six except for Keith Lee. The ones just behind Baszler and the Sky Pirates. Catanzaro seems like she could be a star, Xia Li has potential to be something we haven't seen before in WWE, and I've irrationally imprinted on Taynara Conti for some unknown reason. Jessamyn Duke also seems like she could go places with some experience. These are all people that need to stick around in developmental for a while, but assuming they do develop, I'm much more interested in where they go than their counterparts.

EDIT
gently caress it, change "Obvious six" from above to 9, because pretty much the entire UE is ready to go now, and I don't really consider in need of development.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Roman goes on stage and reveals that his cancer started going into remission when he confessed to God all the horrible things he did as a member of the Shield and repented. He cuts a lengthy promo telling Dean he was right about everything all along, begs him to stay in the company, and the two go on to turn on that dastardly Seth Rollins for stealing his top spot while he was sick.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
A Dire Portent...

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

At a recent house show Arn used forbidden blood magic (with blood provided by a sudden and spontaneous Ric Flair head wound) to summon Pazuzu, Demon of the Four Winds and ripped a hole in the fabric of our very reality. Naturally Vince was upset and he was forced to fire him.

~~~~
Pretty sure with Roman it's as simple as "We were able to catch it extremely fast because we have regular testing, and the faster you catch something like this, the faster we can deal with it." And also, Roman is considerably wealthier than last time, which probably also contributed to receiving a better quality of care.

Roman's done this before, and the first time was apparently pretty drat bad. He probably figured he was in for a much, much harder fight than what he actually got, since repeated occurrences can often be more difficult to deal with. The deck was just thankfully pretty stacked in his favor this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Last I checked, Tampa is the worst city in the entire country as far as public transportation is concerned. That is like, the stupidest location possible for a multi-day mega event like Wrestlemania.