Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 2 1.77%
Yes but louder. 25 22.12%
K O F I T R A I N 86 76.11%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CJ2's recap of the PPV GDT

Shima Honnou posted:

im so glad im here watching this loving trainwreck lmao

VJeff posted:

Fight Cops. Impress Your Bosses.

Dango Bango posted:

It's amazing how WWE can make someone look weak winning a title

CarlCX posted:

it would've been nice if Ruby Riott was in that Ruby Riott match

Jerusalem posted:

Why the gently caress is Corbin dominating this match? :psyduck:

DLC Inc posted:

If Kenny Omega signed he'd have been put in this Baron Corbin cynosure of poo poo after 4 months

Gumball Gumption posted:

Who the hell looks at Braun and goes "this man needs to do extended beat down spots so he looks like an underdog and victim"

DLC Inc posted:

LOL @ the crowd standing there in silence

MotU posted:

3 Man Bland
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1097318440765800448

IDONTPOST posted:

how in a match where ya have two loving stinkers hardy and orton do you eliminate samoa joe first huh????

Jerusalem posted:

..... kofi.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From the other thread but it belonged here too

Little Mac posted:

They say wins and losses don't matter but Kofi was just an upper midcard dude last week. Then he won like three times in a row on Smackdown and he's the second most over person in the building.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Lost in the Kofi Kingston buzz is that Corey Graves is still a dogshit human being

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

So apparently there was one person backstage who really, really wanted Becky/Ronda at Mania, but everyone else shouted at him until he agreed to go Charlotte/Ronda/Becky (these people didn't even want Becky winning the Rumble).

That person was Vince McMahon.

Everything is going to better when the people who insisted Charlotte be pushed over Becky Lynch have control, guys.

Everything is going to be better when VinceHHH "steps down"/dies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

I hope they add Lacey Evans and make it a 4-way.

Dave said she's getting a super big push, so she's probably beating Asuka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This was Naomi/Carmella getting eliminated first instead of the originally-planned Iiconics, btw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

So are her bosses

Yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao this company is doomed

It's been doomed, a small vocal minority just really really really wanted to believe the successor's redflag history was wrong/changed overnight and wouldn't listen to anything contrary ever

rovert posted:

Chyna confirmed

He'll make a cute joke about hoping his kids don't google every member of the group until they're older. wreddit within the minute after it's made: "we forgive you king of kings"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Ronda Rousey obliterated Ruby Riott in a few minutes to retain her title.

I just read the recap of this out of some faint belief there was any more detail to this. GDT failed to mention Steph literally had not just more offense in a match with Ronda, but better armbar defense, than Ruby, and was in the ring with her longer than 100 seconds

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

None of that says you or I or anyone has to like her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How's the wife, Corey

VJeff posted:

Yeah well WWE doesn't watch Cavauro television

they don't deserve it :colbert:

Aphrodite posted:

Someone in PYF got mad being forced to face the fact Spaceballs isn't a very good movie, then I discovered I no longer have that GIF.

I just PM'd you but in case you check this thread first,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Why is anyone surprised that Ruby Riott who has been basically a geek her entire Raw tenure got squashed by Ronda Rousey

I don't think anyone's surprised (I'm not) so much as disappointed that another person with actual talent gets chewed up/spit out/treated like a geek by the machine while on the side wwefans beg for more and more indy talent to be bought up or more nxt talent to be called up because "this time it'll be different"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Waiting for someone to report it but WWE broke up Lashley and Lio Rush as there is a lot of heat on Lio. Apparently, Bobby has gone to bat for him/saved his job a few times.

PWInsider's Mike Johnson posted:

I can tell you behind the scenes there were not a lot of people surprised at that and not a lot of people surprised that Lio took the pin. There are times Lio has a reputation for rubbing people, including other workers, the wrong way.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BGrifter posted:

I've been watching so much 90s WCW lately all I can hear is Mike Tenay's voice talking about "the biggest stars from New Japan Pro Wrestling/the biggest stars in Mexico" 30 seconds before they get squashed by Buff Bagwell.

Late 2000s TNA where Naito and Yujiro both got squashed by Kevin Nash in like a 3 minute handicap match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CJ2's Raw GDT recap

Gaz-L posted:

Triple H: "We won't call anyone up unless we have at least 3 months of storyline and a bunch of vignettes promoting them?"
Also Triple H: "Here's some guys we assume you all know despite us having measurable proof that only 20% of you watch NXT".

No Irish Need Imply posted:

hes chasing happiness by quitting, how is he not a face

Hiram posted:

What in the gently caress is going on :psyduck:

Drew McIntyre posted:

absolute utter silence lmao

pressedbunny posted:

How can you not love middle-aged men pretending to be 15?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wow you picked a bad night to start watching WWE

Jiro posted:

Jesus, Black, Ciampa, Gargano, AND Richochet are actually called up???? This is the loving stupidest way to have done it bar none.

surf rock posted:

lol, the "moody" Aleister Black. Sounds real cool.

Big Queefy posted:

It never fails to dawn on me that Our greatest hope for fixing the inconsistencies of the company is the guy who hosed Katie Vick’s corpse.

Big Queefy posted:

What’s the point

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't understand either.

I'm sure Angry Grimace or whoever will bust in through the wall to explain to us why Vince's plan makes perfect sense though as the crowd falls asleep.

pressedbunny posted:

Squashed one night; have your finisher kicked out of twice the next.

Now your stable is beaten up 1-on-3.

They could at least try to make the Riott Squad look like a threat. That's three paycheques being flushed down the toilet right there.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh gently caress I only just realized that was the end of the show, hahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Isn't this the time of year things are supposed to be happening?

Also the time of year when the most people watch the product

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Wait this is hilarious and I want to know more

I'm likely remembering a different thing than what Jerusalem was saying but there is an OVW story where Doug Basham was OVW's top heel and had long hair. He came back from a quick trip up north shaved bald because Laurinaitis requested it, Creative wanted to see how he'd look ahead of their plan of teaming him with Danny as twins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Face Bray vs Heel Bryan is actually kinda intriguing, but not at the expense of the K O F I T R A I N

Kofi's not even considered still :rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

owens and sami were also listed as possible opponents which are probably way more likely but bray is the worst choice so that's what will happen

Bray's the funniest choice, Taker's the worst choice, Batista's the best choice if he gets to win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Is it just me or does it feel like outside the two main events WWE has no clue what it wants to do with this year's Mania. Normally the card is leaked in January and feuds are starting up but this year just feels like a clusterfuck.

Pretty much. We didn't even know any HOF inductions till this month and that poo poo usually starts to leak pre-Rumble

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine thinking I have enough time to type "the WWE's decision making process behind how and when to book the character known as Bray Wyatt sucks", I barely have enough time to type "Bray Wyatt sucks" and I can type that like 5 different times in the same amount of time that would take

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1097931124859387904 :rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wrestling journalism is so hosed when Dave dies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Don't forget they stumbled upon a good story, then ignored it

Only time they pay attention to Harper is when he's with Rowan or Bray, and that sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm looking forward to SD women's champ Mandy Rose and WWE women's tag champs Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville holding all three belts in celebration to close the preshow of Mania hour 3 of 12

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

So is Kofi losing at Fastlane before winning at WM or what?

Go in expecting it's just this Fastlane match. If nothing else, you won't be disappointed at the worst case, and you'll be happily surprised at the best case

For reference, previous Fastlanes include Bryan [in the middle of everyone loving him] losing a title match to Reigns (and having to shake his hand and telling him to kick Brock's rear end at Mania after), Reigns pinning Dean [in the middle of everyone loving him] (in a match that also had Brock) to get a shot at HHH everyone expected and didn't want at Mania, and Reigns ending Braun's unbeaten streak in the middle of everyone loving Braun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol this company literally held a loving mandatory seminar about the importance of using social media and how to get yourself over with it and then Zack Ryder went and did it and they said “lol not you”

And some people STILL try to find ways to defend the company and put blame on talent.

It’s literally just that Grimace guy and it has been just him for a while here, I appreciate you not wanting to name names but if everyone else in the thread is going to quote him and make me see that username I’m going to put 2 and 2 together and I’m not even going to fake being polite about it

OctoberCountry posted:

Then they immediately made him the Authority's "enforcer" who got no mic time and Triple H got to start using the Bad News catch phrase instead

Everything about how they treated Wade still hurts but I’m glad he’s long gone and free from this hell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Lacey's current thing of walking in and out again feels like they're doing the Emmalina storyline again but this time with a wrestler who won't go,"This is dumb and I'm gonna half-rear end this so much that you eventually give up on it."

It took this to remind me Emma’s gone and free from this hell too, so thank you for that friend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dias posted:

WWE as a whole is kinda bad at using these types of dudes, which is weird when they have to book five hours of live television a week.

Stands out a lot more on PPV weeks when they get an extra 5 or 6 hours (minimum, god knows it's a lot more on Mania weeks) to work with

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Remember when WWE said they were gonna have a mandatory meeting about racism and then it was just Trips saying "do your racisms away from where people can see and don't put it on Instagram" lmfao

Had to make sure the boys in back didn't think his pal Hogan did anything wrong except risk getting recorded

That DICK! posted:

Lacey, mojo and Nia, all fit in a subcategory of wrestlers who have been determined to have “It” by WWE management and seem to think because of that they already know what there is to know about wrestling and won’t try to improve.

Mojo Rawley Has It*

*Friendship With Gronk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I just assume Mojo is there because WWE somehow thinks Gronk's knees can survive wrestling training.

He just has to talk to Rey's doctor

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

With the deepest respect to all of you you'd have to be aggressively dense not to see the potential in Lacey Evans on the levels that WWE operates:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/introducing-lacey-evans-lady-of-nxt

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-nxt-star-lacey-evans-loses-home-to-hurricane-irma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJJ0pu8UG4

You can go back to aggressive excuse making and projections on the WWE audience now.

While you're here friend

https://www.the42.ie/beck-lynch-interview-4491978-Feb2019/ Ireland article on/interview with Becky. "How a former Aer Lingus flight attendant became one of the most famous Irish athletes on the planet"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hollywood Reporter posted:

Chris Hemsworth will star as wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan in a biopic that reunites Todd Phillips with Scott Silver, the respective director and writer of the upcoming DC Comics movie, The Joker.

Deals for the Hogan project are in the midst of closing with Netflix. Producing will be Michael Sugar, the Academy Award winner behind Spotlight who will produce via his Netflix-based Sugar23, and Phillips and Bradley Cooper who will produce via their banner, Joint Effort. Also producing will be Hemsworth and Eric Bischoff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y66x4LMOWUg

SI posted:

Rob Van Dam’s new documentary, “Headstrong”, offers a fascinating look at Van Dam as a person and performer.

The original premise of the hour-long documentary was to reveal an inside look at a week of Van Dam’s comedy shows, but that soon turned into a vehicle for the aspiring comedian to share his thoughts on pro wrestling, concussions, and a look into his soul.

“At first, we were going to make a documentary of seven days of comedy shows,” said Van Dam. “But I couldn’t have predicted that, on day one, I would still have concussion symptoms from a wrestling match I’d had days earlier. I just thought it would go away and I wouldn’t tell anyone, because I normally wouldn’t, but it became something that I had to share.”

quote:

The concussion caused Van Dam to suffer from blurred vision during the documentary, and he openly discussed the reality of brain injuries in wrestling.

“There were times I had to close one eye so I wouldn’t see double during the documentary,” said Van Dam. “But I took pride in how hard I could take a hit. That was my mentality.

“I came into the business at 185 pounds when I met the original Sheik, and I had to prove to him I was tough enough for his school. It is a fighting art, and it was important to me, as a performer and artist, to show the boys in the back that they couldn’t survive the toughness of a match with RVD.”

Van Dam did not consider or concern himself with the possibility that WWE will not approve of the documentary.

“I’ve never even thought about that, and I won’t,” said Van Dam. “It is what it is. We are living tomorrow’s history, so it’s really important to me that I get it right. I don’t want anyone else giving their spin on me, it should come from me. Like Popeye said, ‘I am what I am.’”

The documentary also explores Van Dam’s spiritual vibration (“The higher I get my frequency, the better person I can be,” said Van Dam. “And I always want to be at my best.”) and reveals that he has pledged to donate his brain and spine to study after his death, all while showcasing his witty sense of humor.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Draxion posted:

Hey Ricochet being on the main roster is actually a terrible thing now because it's robbing me of a Ricochet/Orange Cassidy match at Evolve next month (he's being replaced by Dream, which is still very cool tbh).

Dream/Cassidy is a bigger match to me, I might actually be interested in an EVOLVE show now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

How does this compare to the boost Raw had?

2,771,000, highest since Sept 3

Pick an argument, "Both shows lacked Becky for the first time in a while", or "Both shows lacked Becky for the first time in a while, tricking people into thinking she would be on and they didn't leave until the last hour of Raw/half hour of SD when they realized she wouldn't be"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Hell, I'm hoping for it

:same:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

this thread is better when we're building up to or in the aftermath of another Reigns/Brock match, we've been without for too long. some comedy is free and simply irreplaceable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1098658248415035393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's on GMA. He's coming back