Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
ahahaha holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/obutu3_/status/1097640416264908800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

It's perfect.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I get it. It's from when he went undercover at the Clubhouse. But holy poo poo it's hideous. Poor Bandit. I don't even recognize you.

In other cringy news, Ranked is finally coming out of beta in S2 after 3 and a half years:

https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-sieges-revamped-ranked-mode-doesnt-address-its-worst-problems/

Still no match cancellations for an abandon during the op select phase or prep phase. Still no MMR adjustment for finishing a match with fewer players. Still no maximum limit on rank/ELO difference in a party. Still no low priority queue for repeated leavers. :cripes: At least we'll have pick/ban!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Oh hey I havent had the time to play this since the moroccans dropped, can I get unbanned from the og goon discord?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Haha Hibana has a line that goes 'As my friend would say "Time to ring some ears"' :allears:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bandit going full Rust Cohle

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Faffel posted:

Bandit going full Rust Cohle

"one giant loving Rusty Cohle coming up"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
You guys moved threads and it hosed with me. Also r6 fun is new season pass available yet?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ZeusCannon posted:

You guys moved threads and it hosed with me. Also r6 fun is new season pass available yet?

It's available for pre order w/ goodies and you can play Y4S1 on the test server right now.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is one of the goodies never having to see that bandit skin again

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Oh man, you all should've seen me in my first game after a year+ away from the game. I was hip firing like Rambo it was great. It was like that scene in The Raid with the refrigerator where Rama is just blind firing his pistol through the doorway until the clip is empty.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Oh man, you all should've seen me in my first game after a year+ away from the game. I was hip firing like Rambo it was great. It was like that scene in The Raid with the refrigerator where Rama is just blind firing his pistol through the doorway until the clip is empty.

One of the reasons I'll never pass a certain skill threshold with Siege is that the Titanfall 2 hipfire instincts are branded onto my brain like a loving Caryll Rune.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Sometimes I get very lucky on PS4. This was two of those times.

https://youtu.be/2zTdrc64VLU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

El Jebus posted:

hot

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When does next season start?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

In a week I think

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Roughly three weeks. Test server is up in the meantime.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Didn't they use to put the test server up just a few days before launch or am I getting confused with another game?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Azran posted:

Didn't they use to put the test server up just a few days before launch or am I getting confused with another game?

I think you might be confusing it with another. I am only a ps4 player, but I think most of the TTS stuff gets added about a month or so before it launches for the rest of us.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Do TTS gains translate over or is it sandbox?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Do TTS gains translate over or is it sandbox?

Sandbox. The real gains are the friendships you make along the way.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

El Jebus posted:

I was expecting you to knife someone when you broke the window barricade but what actually happened was pretty good anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

God, I cannot do poo poo with Bandit.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

So apparently you don't get the starting 20 ops anymore when you buy the game? After the 12th (of February) you get to pay the 500/1000/1500/2000 renown for operators from the base game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

El Jebus posted:

So apparently you don't get the starting 20 ops anymore when you buy the game? After the 12th (of February) you get to pay the 500/1000/1500/2000 renown for operators from the base game.

Seems reasonable. I would've been fine doing that in the first place if it meant that everything else wasn't 25000 each :stare:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Seems reasonable. I would've been fine doing that in the first place if it meant that everything else wasn't 25000 each :stare:

That's how it was when the game came out. I think you got to pick a couple for free and then they were 500/1000/1500/2000 respectively for your first through fourth operator from each country. If you played a solid weekend you could unlock everything fairly easily.

That's 25,000 altogether I guess, minus 1000 maybe for the first two being free? Can't remember exactly how it worked but it was that or something very close.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The Starter Edition had each operator cost 25000 even though you got two for free and enough cash to buy two more.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Azran posted:

The Starter Edition had each operator cost 25000 even though you got two for free and enough cash to buy two more.

Yeah I'm just saying before they had the starter edition and the standard edition where all the original ops were free that's how it worked. Although DLC ops have always been 25k if you don't have the season pass.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
it would probably be a huge problem to unlock operators if one of the 100 rainbow six operatives were somehow bad or not fun

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Welp, got my first ace!

I was Bandit on Yacht and I surprised a lone dude with C4 at a side entrance, then took out 2 separtate parties of 2 on opposite ends. What a loving rush.

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019
This season I accidentally won all 10 placement matches and found myself in Plat II. After having played a number of ranked games as Plat II I quickly decided that I never want to play at this level again.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Its always funny when a team gets serious. Was playing with randoms and everyone was random dropping. First round we all die but pretty good fight but it becomes apparent the "top killer" on the other team was teabagging or something. Dickish behaviour at least.

Now i dont think much of it since im just doing placement like a plebe and dont care. Dudes on my team however suddenly become a well oiled gently caress you machine and just spend the next few rounds straight loving rolling the dudes. Top scorer on other team starts getting frustrated i guess as he tks a dude for being the last to die (guessing?) And in final round manages to down almost everyone as cavi.

However while hes doing his song and dance trying to down our top scorer who again has flipped a switch and has just been a bonafied killer. The defuser finishes and we win.

Dude was very mad. So mad he sent me, a person with the lowest score ( its been a bit and hey i got two kills), an angry hate mail so you knooooow the whole team got em.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

TigerXtrm posted:

This season I accidentally won all 10 placement matches and found myself in Plat II. After having played a number of ranked games as Plat II I quickly decided that I never want to play at this level again.

Yeah everyone at that level is usually extremely tryhard and it becomes...significantly less fun IMO.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah everyone at that level is usually extremely tryhard and it becomes...significantly less fun IMO.

If i have to think about my pick more than "hah that would be funny" i dont want to play at that level.

Also playing ranked i randomed into smoke. Im still bad but i killed three ops in the aircraft kitchen with my warcrimes and that was fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I like sweating online. I really wanna do organized teams for practice.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I decided to spend real money on this game that I'm loving and bought the year 4 pass and also all the operators I didn't already have. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying Clash. It's more fun to play her in ways that aren't just stand around zappy zappy

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I bought the collector or whatever edition in December because it was like 80% off on uPlay, so I decided to treat myself to all the fancy Invitational skins last weekend because I really wanted the Mira and Thatcher.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Last night I died because I jumped out of a window to shoot someone hanging and covering the defuser, but that person had missed their flashbang into the room and bounced off the window frame right into my face.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Found a good Fuze spot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Captainicus posted:

Last night I died because I jumped out of a window to shoot someone hanging and covering the defuser, but that person had missed their flashbang into the room and bounced off the window frame right into my face.

Lol this is terrific