Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8xMLWuoxZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
guy: hey I'm a for real youtube star please change my email address and turn off 2FA for me it's really me honest
ubisoft: ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAwsdu8_OOY

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

guy: hey I'm a for real youtube star please change my email address and turn off 2FA for me it's really me honest
ubisoft: ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAwsdu8_OOY

hahaha wooow, that's so bad! I mean, the 'removing MFA' bit isn't so bad, since I had to log a req to have it removed when my phone died a while ago. But the rest of it? So bad, hahaha

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Me: $60 for a new video game? I dunno, man, that's steep

Also me: $60 for a set of kick-rear end art-deco/dieselpunk/retro-sci-fi themed operator skins? Fuckin' sick *whips out credit card*

also the new event game mode owns, it's a retro-scifi version of tower, secure area with two points to secure, no prep phase, when attackers switch to drone, they actually leave the map and when they exit the drone they pop up where the drone was but can only use their own drone. Defender's gadgets are all replaced with bullet proof cams that they can basically use as teleports, and they can use all the cams freely. I think each defender gets two.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://youtu.be/Rf8qiTQpO_g

https://youtu.be/Dy0aLdfKwxQ

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 4, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think museli is my new favorite defence operator. I like her gadget, its coverage, and she's a three speed, which I rarely play.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah, Ace and Melusi are both really good ops. They make a lot of the other ops released in the last 12 months look like stinkers.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Can the Mute Protocol cameras actually be destroyed by anything other than destroying the wall they are placed on (if said wall is destructible)?

I've tried shooting the sides, melee, sledge's hammer, and frag nades and nothing destroys them, but I do get hit markers indicating damage, which is odd.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Why must I be tempted by these slick rear end robot man skins.
Why is their pricing model SO loving STUPID
Why yes I want... 25 packs for 280K renown. Instead of 50 normal ones for 180. PERFECT.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hswz4rIrU

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

wish it was Michael Ironside

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:neckbeard:

Slim Pickens posted:

wish it was Michael Ironside

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Loving the running gag on the video comments of having operators from other Ubisoft games (as opposed to Clancyverse) showing up.

Next operator: Ezio Auditore
Next operator: Rayman
Next operator: Aiden Pierce
Next operator: Rabbid Peach

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Next operator: Aiden Pierce

Anyone that picks him deserves to get team killed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ash killed him and took his iconic cap

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So is there any reason to pick Thermite now? Hibana and Ace at least have some range for hard breaches.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Thermite is better for bigger holes on multiple walls faster than either Ace or Hibana , Hibana is better for hatches/making lots of kill holes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
hard breachers in general can be such game changers that i think they're all always going to be viable regardless of whatever the current top tier esports pickrate it

and like all operators, experiment with using their ability in unorthodox ways and you'll probably have more fun than you initially expected

i've had way too much luck just using thermite charges as distractions because people always assume he's within melee distance of the detonation

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
cool that they're turning some of the shittier/unused ops into hard breachers

team wide reinforcements is the biggest qol change of all time though holy poo poo

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah I guess with shared reinforcements there's more need for hard breaching. There's always gonna be that one guy who reinforces everything. Mira mains are not gonna have a good time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The United States posted:

Ash killed him and took his iconic cap

just another reason to ban her every match

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Magnified kapkan scope owns, pooled wall reinforcements own.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
How do you switch sides with the Zero cam?

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

The United States posted:

How do you switch sides with the Zero cam?

If it's legal on the other side, space bar(pc) or vault

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1304139250196242433?s=19

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The season pass renown bonus doesn't seem to be registering on the new season (PS4).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I mean, they're already using checkerboard rendering on the PS4 and XB1 to achieve minimum framerates of 60fps, so I can see them doing the same to achieve 120fps average at 4K on the PS5/SeXbox.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

this is why im diamond on xbox

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mouzer posted:

If it's legal on the other side, space bar(pc) or vault
Thanks!

lessavini
Jun 22, 2017
I admit, I just got the season and battle passes because I'm a Sam Fisher (Zero) fan. So far he seems a good op that turns great on a communicating team (just like Iana).

An important tip for him is to put cams on rotation routes too and not only on objectives. In some maps you can do this from spawn.

lessavini fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 17, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So glad vote to kick is gone as a guy who started a new ps4 account in august and got matched with level 200+ players after 5 games.

Not sure why though as I'm getting my rear end kicked.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Newcomer mode is still a thing, right? Stick with that, you might still get smurfs, but hopefully not as bad.

Votekick was never really a 'kick good people' thing, it's so you can remove trolls (which rarely works since all you need is another shithead friend to queue with to prevent getting kicked. It usually just got used by 4-stacks to kick a solo queuer repeatedly)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Slim Pickens posted:

Newcomer mode is still a thing, right? Stick with that, you might still get smurfs, but hopefully not as bad.

Votekick was never really a 'kick good people' thing, it's so you can remove trolls (which rarely works since all you need is another shithead friend to queue with to prevent getting kicked. It usually just got used by 4-stacks to kick a solo queuer repeatedly)

Newcomer play list is abandoned in Australia. Vote to kick in my experience was used by trolls and idiots only and clearly ubi agreed.

I moved here in 2019 so I don't have any gamer friends. Nor do I play frequently or long enough to ever make one.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I moved here in 2019 so I don't have any gamer friends. Nor do I play frequently or long enough to ever make one.

have you tried fuzing the hostage?

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
so I just witnessed some sort of dokebi fortnight victory floss dance at the end of a game and I wonder at what rpm is tom clancy currently spinning

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Thief posted:

have you tried fuzing the hostage?

Pro strats ITT

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best meta game is to play hostage and switch who fuze is. The rest of your team has to extract the hostage or kill the other team before fuze can partypop the room.

netch-a-sketch
Dec 24, 2019
Just a heads up, the Discord invites in the original post are expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Game is still mostly fun, especially since I no longer take it seriously. Rolled with a four stack of friends, might have some more returning, it's a good time.