Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for the 2019 season. Praise be to safe car driver and league namesake, Alex Rodriguez.

This season's theme is the Dominican Baseball League.
Please name your team after car accidents, Vlad Guerrero, dictators, Big Papi, mofongo, or the fantastic nutritional supplements of this beloved island nation.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your ten dollars are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rules. You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players I will have you keep whichever Dominican reliever is on your roster.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Average, Home Runs, RBI, Runs, Walks, and Stolen Bases on offense. Strikeouts, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which results in hilarious overpays for waiver wire guys and dudes that get called up for one start and then sent back down.

This is the current roster size. Last season we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

Draft Date so far is Sunday, March 3, at 7:00PM EST. This is a tentative date, we can move it around if it works for no one. So far I've only heard back from two owners, so I'm not sure who is returning and who isn't. This has been a pretty good and competitive league with most people staying active up until the last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Space reserved for teams that haven't paid their dues or whose owners are AWOL.

Squatters Crog Drongos -- Checked in and paid
Perth PEDs -- Checked in and paid
Canberra Tightasses -- Checked in and paid
Kozlowski Matata -- Checked in and paid
The Dreamtime -- Checked in
Canberra Bushrangers -- Checked in and paid
Melbourne Mookies -- Checked in
Foster Chuggers -- Checked in and paid
Adelaide Drop Bears -- Checked in
A Dinger Ate My Baby -- Checked in and paid

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 11, 2019

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm in again. Please take my moneys.

(Where do we send the :10bux:?)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'm in again. Please take my moneys.

(Where do we send the :10bux:?)

What is your team name? I have gotten zero responses from the email I sent out, I think ESPN's email league feature is broken, because my mailbox didn't get it, either (and it usually does).

Edit: Also please send your :10bux: to senatorjp at yahoo dot com.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 22, 2019

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I would like to trade Altuve, KB, or Springer, or a combination of any two of those for 1 player and/or draft picks. Inquire within if that interests you!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I got the email. I love this league and I'm in again for sure.

I will go along with whatever draft date we choose, but I vote for a later date than the 3rd. I like drafting closer to opening day.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I would also like the draft to be later. But not 3/17.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Rand alPaul posted:

What is your team name? I have gotten zero responses from the email I sent out, I think ESPN's email league feature is broken, because my mailbox didn't get it, either (and it usually does).

Edit: Also please send your :10bux: to senatorjp at yahoo dot com.

The Tightasses. I'll send in a bit.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Would you guys rather draft at the same time on the 10th? I don't want to draft on the 17th because I feel like that's too late and a lot of other leagues will draft that date once they realize there's a MLB game being played in Japan early.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Paypal sent.

I don't have a preference for a draft date because my wife can't tell me if we're going to see my god drat in-laws on 3/3 or 3/10. so there's a 50/50 chance I'll be phone drafting. :(

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
If there's an open space, I'd like a spot!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fleetwood posted:

If there's an open space, I'd like a spot!

Okay if there's a space open you'll get first invite. I'm still waiting to hear back from some team owners.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Hell yeah, thx

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I still need to hear from the Mookies, Matata, Drop Bears, and Chuggers.

Also if you guys want to move the draft date back let me know, I'm leaning towards moving it to the 10th because we're still missing 4 guys. I tried making a poll on the ESPN site and I can't see it. It says I created it, and I cannot see it at all, and no one has voted on it, so I'm guessing ESPN is being buggy.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Payment sent.

3/10 works better for me than 3/3, but I can do either.

Also, I saw the poll and voted.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah today the poll showed up for me? ESPN's software is not in mid-season form :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I saw the poll on the app and voted.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I love Fantasy and very familiar with espn leagues, count me in.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay so 5 people asked to move the date back, and because that's a majority considering we're missing owners, let's push it back to the Sunday, March 10th. This is the latest I want to draft, because I'm sure a ton of people are drafting around the 17th.

Also if anyone knows the other owners' SA names please let me know, I'm going to go hunt through the old threads so I can PM them. If they don't respond soon I am going to have to boot them off their teams which upsets me because a couple have been in HGH and Centaur for a while now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If there is an opening I'd love to join.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay we have one, possibly two teams available. The Drop Bears owner doesn't think he can make it for the Sunday draft and wants to push it back.

I'm waiting until tomorrow night to hear back from one AWOL owner and if he doesn't show up then I'll open his team up.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I have one opening, and hilariously it's the stacked team from last year that had Goldschmidt and Turner, now it has Acuna Jr and Soto. Sending out the invite to the first guy in this thread. If any teams open up I will send invites to the next in order. I think we have everyone accounted for unless someone pulls out.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

accepted and :10bux: sent!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

poo poo, I'd rather have that than my own team!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, there's like five keeper worthy dudes on this roster!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Haha poo poo, I replied to your PM but I didn't realize the thread would already be up and everything. Also the ESPN page looks new and weird.
Anyway, I paypaled you the :10bux:
I think I can make the 3/10 draft, although I'll probably be at my GFs. I'm sure she'll enjoy watching me be angry about baseball players she never heard of.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So the draft is on the 10th at 7pm Eastern? Is that final? I thought there was someone who said that would be difficult for them.

BTW that's the day that Daylight Savings goes into effect. FYI so nobody shows up an hour late :)

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 6, 2019

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

So the draft is on the 10th at 7pm Eastern? Is that final? I thought there was someone who said that would be difficult for them.

BTW that's the day that Daylight Savings goes into effect. FYI so nobody shows up an hour late :)

I haven't heard back from the Adelaide Drop Bears owner yet, I think ESPN's email service is buggy, I'm asking him if pushing it back 15-30 minutes would help, he's traveling that day and might not make it back in time.

And yeah I realized it's daylight savings and hope that doesn't gently caress anyone over :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay update. He can make it if we push the time back 1 hour. Is there anyone that could not make it at 8PM EST instead? Like is that too late for some EST folks who have to wake up early? Let me know ASAP.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

That'd be fine with me

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay draft pushed back 1 hour. I swear this is the last time I'm changing it. It's set in stone now.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you haven't already, please select your keepers. It's draft day and you need 3 before we draft!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I didn't realize this thread was up. Glad i was still able to make it, and my team is projected to finish fourth.

Segura is available if you need an SS.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I believe the current standings are the ESPN projections? If so I'm picked to finish dead last.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I couldn't find the projections or draft reviews.

Although I doubt they worth a poo poo anyway.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Well, we had other plans and ESPN autodrafted me a very fine team that it doesn't even project to win lol. If anyone is need of an infielder hmu, I'm Melbourne Mookies (subject to change)

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I'm still disappointed I didn't land Puig in the draft.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hey Rand al-Paul, I haven't forgotten to send in my money. Paypal is being difficult and they want me to upload my freaking social security card and a bunch of other stuff. I'm working on it I swear.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hey Rand al-Paul, I haven't forgotten to send in my money. Paypal is being difficult and they want me to upload my freaking social security card and a bunch of other stuff. I'm working on it I swear.

Okay no worries. I've been lucky so far with Paypal but they're a huge pain in the rear end in general so I understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Turner already has three steals yeeeeeee