Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
FFVII's music is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

sephiroth kills aeris

fuc
k

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
For real though I learned sephiroth kills aeris through a spoiler

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

You can bring her back if you collect all 35 soldiers, 99 tissues, equip the underwater materia, and talk to the fish ghost 7 times.

You need to rename Aeris to Arise though, otherwise you're out of luck.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

great big cardboard tube posted:

You can bring her back if you collect all 35 soldiers, 99 tissues, equip the underwater materia, and talk to the fish ghost 7 times.

You need to rename Aeris to Arise though, otherwise you're out of luck.

The last step was introduced in the international version and the second Japanese version to gently caress with the purist assholes who never changed the character names and flamed who did it on the internet.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
CLOUD LIED XBONE DIED

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I like to imagine that the reason the remake keeps getting delayed is that they still haven't figured out how to handle the scene where Cloud rides a dolphin as it jumps several stories in the air. Like, it gets mentioned at meetings when someone's like "seriously the dolphin thing isn't that far into the game, we need to figure this poo poo out". everyone just sits there dead eyed for a few seconds, a hip flask is passed around, until someone gets things moving again by asking "hey what other stupid bullshit can we cram into chocobo racing??" or something

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Mozi posted:

the main thing i remember about the release of ff7 (for the pc at least) is that it had an oddly shaped box

Mid 90s was when they had The Coolest PC box shapes. Then they switched to the dumb standard in 2000s making it smaller.

To be honest though, games started cutting back on the extra content that came in the box other than the game media itself so the extra space was probably a waste. Kids these days are missing out on this kinda love put into PC games. Like extensive game lore in a 200 page game manual and tons of artwork

e: uh oh that pic is missing the numpad overlay for the game

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

seporoth killed coolranch :(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Mid 90s was when they had The Coolest PC box shapes. Then they switched to the dumb standard in 2000s making it smaller.

To be honest though, games started cutting back on the extra content that came in the box other than the game media itself so the extra space was probably a waste. Kids these days are missing out on this kinda love put into PC games. Like extensive game lore in a 200 page game manual and tons of artwork

e: uh oh that pic is missing the numpad overlay for the game

no one is missing out, if you want to pay. the cool box full of add-in loot has just transformed into the "premium edition" games.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Because gently caress you and every other slob who loving asks this.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

BluesShaman posted:

FFVII's music is good.

It's true. FF7 has really excellent music. The battle and boss themes are especially amazing.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Rutibex posted:

no one is missing out, if you want to pay. the cool box full of add-in loot has just transformed into the "premium edition" games.

but it was cool walking through Media Play in the mid 90s and looking at the insanely gaudy packages for Stonekeep and Tomb Raider lined up on shelves

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rutibex posted:

the cool box full of add-in loot has just transformed into the "premium edition" games.

And hasn't even that been transformed into a series of 10 dollar microtransactions

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's been at least one 'collector's edition' that doesn't actually include the game. Which is probably still better than the 'collector's edition' that has an empty CD case and a download code.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's been at least one 'collector's edition' that doesn't actually include the game. Which is probably still better than the 'collector's edition' that has an empty CD case and a download code.

Fallout 76 "power armor edition" comes with two game boxes, the normal plastic one and a "premium" metal case. it comes with zero game disks, the plastic case has a cardboard slip with a download code.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Fallout 76 "power armor edition" comes with two game boxes, the normal plastic one and a "premium" metal case. it comes with zero game disks, the plastic case has a cardboard slip with a download code.

I love poo poo like this.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

To the OP's original question:

Have you ever pooped the same poop twice?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

I've never played a single FF game in my life, is this the right game for me to keep an eye on?!

I have seen your post history and I know that you are a no-nonsense unsetimental guy that doesn't suffer foolishness.

I'm trying to say these games will make you smash up your console or computer or whatever.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
7 is just a bloated not-as-good 6 fight me

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

The best part of this is one of my co-workers ordered Fallout 76 standard edition thinking the game would come on DVD. He waited like 3-4 days after release to receive the game in the mail... and there was a download code in the box. Yup.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I miss cartridges. GBA ones were just big enough to be easy to handle without being fiddly and still small enough to carry and sort.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I miss cartridges. GBA ones were just big enough to be easy to handle without being fiddly and still small enough to carry and sort.

Switch cartridges exist, even if basically everyone has most of their games digital.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Switch cartridges exist, even if basically everyone has most of their games digital.

I know, but it's not quite the same, still fiddly to deal with the opening thing.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I need everyone to understand what a loving classic this game is, so please be sure to watch my let's play where I laugh at my own jokes and name every character after a swear

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
If this isn't five pages of people posting :gas: or ridiculing op for opening another ff7 remake thread then truly all is lost

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
anyone who doesnt rename all the characters in a given FF game to poo poo like "bonerqueef" is doing it wrong

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

gently caress 7, give me a real Final Fantasy Tactics sequel. Not that GBA garbage.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pastry Mistakes posted:

gently caress 7, give me a real Final Fantasy Tactics sequel. Not that GBA garbage.

100% agreed, except Tactics Ogre.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pastry Mistakes posted:

FFTA2 was actually good though. Fun gameplay and the light mood allowed for some really silly levels and hilariously fun character classes. Sure, it's nothing like original FFT, but FFTA2's enjoyable if you give the game a chance.

FFTA can die in a fire though. That game and its insulting plot and boring gameplay makes me slightly angry.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Oh cool. Another FF7 remake thread in GBS.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

FFTA2 was actually good though. Fun gameplay and the light mood allowed for some really silly levels and hilariously fun character classes. Sure, it's nothing like original FFT, but FFTA2's enjoyable if you give the game a chance.

FFTA can die in a fire though. That game and its insulting plot and boring gameplay makes me slightly angry.

I forgot there was a sequel, I loving hated that first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I do feel that the second one fixed a lot of my issues with the first, but I still could never quite get into it.