Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

tarlibone posted:

But it's still "elect me and I'll make all the bad go away, it's so simple!", and how anyone is falling for it is beyond me.

Maybe you missed the part where Bernie said electing him is not enough. I can understand if you hear Bernie talking about real solutions to real problems and your brain shuts off because you are accustomed to shitlib rhetoric. What do you think he could do to keep your attention better such that he may actually reach people like you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
you are viewing sanders as if he were your typical liberal or conservative politician seeking federal office, to stroke their ego and for financial gain. you're wrong

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
economy imploding could motivate people to pitchforks, empower the passing of sanders infrastructure plan and more

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

Okay, so I guess it was better to have Trump in the white house than to hold your nose for Hillary? I'm so tired of this argument. Jesus Christ.

Ideological purity is for primaries.

This is a pretty dumb argument. When federal government officials don't support underclass interests, the underclass (and sympathizers) should not be compelled to support said officials. Quite disgusting, really.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Greaseman posted:

We vote by mail around here and it's so easy and obvious that I don't see why it's not done in all states*.

*Voter suppression, I know.

Isn't this how people went to elderly voters homes to "help" them vote?

E:

Baronash posted:

An optical scanner is still a voting machine, and the bill Oliver is talking about covers those as well.

Unless you’re actually suggesting hand counting ballots, which is a massive undertaking.

Not really, if you're only voting for 1 office on that day. And without the requirement to install voting hardware at polling places, a barrier to setting up more polling places is reduced.

Corky Romanovsky fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 5, 2019

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Craptacular! posted:

My machine shows me a paper printout of my ballot when I submit my vote. I don’t have a problem with machines when they have a physical backup for recounts.

How does the machine deal with erroneous ballots that require intervention by the user or staff to nullify? How is a recount triggered? How are audits performed? Physical backup alone is insufficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pretty cool that Oliver & co. ignored the biggest vulnerability with vote by mail to focus on red herrings. I'm generally in support of vote by mail, but we shouldn't just paper over concerns, rather honestly consider various risks, solutions and mitigation methods, and how best to implement vote by mail.

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article227148109.html

This is just the most recent example I could find, almost certainly there are more.