Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S47gxS3wPo&t=4s

Anyway, super glad this show is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's insanely poo poo but not even the worst on his current channel and that is depressing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Baronash posted:

I felt like the automation bit was a weirdly shallow dive, almost like they went in with an angle that didn't really pan out and just decided to run with what they had. Most of the automation that takes place isn't swapping a person for a robot, it's using software to do 1/3 of the responsibilities of 3 people, then getting rid of one of them and splitting what's left between the remaining 2. This type of automation is going to affect white collar professions just as much as factory employees.

Yeah, it was a weak week. Still love JO though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

webmeister posted:

Yeah I thought Clive Palmer got off fairly lightly - he's a colossal shitlord and it's frankly incredible that literally anyone would consider voting for him.

KFC is considerably better than worthless, racist 'straylans so I'm not happy with J/O regarding this matter

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Azhais posted:

Last Week Tonight: Cows don't fart, they belch

I'm for it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Orange Devil posted:

The Senate is total horseshit.

Oh you haven't seen nothing yet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Alhazred posted:

HBO lost their cultural relevance a couple of weeks ago.

I mean, not really. They'll definitely take a hit in subscriptions because lol at WW picking up the slack but HBO was a bigish thing in TV pre got and I doubt they're going to fade into obscurity afterwards.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Being FN the only german he learned pertains to the camps

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You shouldn't call them cucks because it sounds stupid. Call them names all you want. They loving deserve it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laughing at Jon thinking people aren't going to order their oreos.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Think of the shareholders

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jesus loving christ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

They should just break up Amazon.

"You had a nice run Jeff, too bad you just suck at being a human being."

Frugal my rear end.

wHY do you Want to puNish SuCceSs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's really weird when the plot stops and he spends 30 minutes on an in depth breakdown of the lion monarchy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

JO is weird as hell about food imo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I find the business daddy thing as creepy as I do funny

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Remember the more unhappy prisoners get the more dangerous being a guard is which means the costs of insuring prisons likely go up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The real reason to doubt sanders is because the economy is primed to explode and he'll never get enough senators

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

:bisonyes:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

you get a gold star for weirdest takeaway, congrats

Young, hopeless men with few or even no prospects seems a pretty big loving deal to me? I doubt they'll go the incel route because it's totally stupid to anyone not braindead though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Voter fraud and electoral fraud are two different things and one is a much bigger problem than the other

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

God I loathe that quote and the pieces of poo poo who quote it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

They probably just included it, grabbed their junk and said enforce this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hate sites that completely abuse the fact they have your email too. Like I bought something from Fanatics not long ago, and I swear I got something like 13 emails from them in a space of 2 or 3 days. You’re a legitimate business, what the gently caress makes you think this is ok?

I like to spend some time every so often going through my inbox and getting off/adding to block lists poo poo that I’ve just been auto deleting.

I couldn't even buy a sandwich without forking over my loving phone number

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder if ~10 years after the US finally claws out a true socialized healthcare system, other countries might start getting a bunch of idiots trying to privatize their systems since they wouldn't have America as the big example of why privatized healthcare is terrible to look at anymore.

They're trying to do it now. Lol if you don't think british conservatives don't already chub up at the idea of denying healthcare to people they deem undesirable. They'll probably get it, too. The world is listing hard to the extreme right and it's just going to get worse as climate catastrophes ramp up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Tiggum posted:

On the plus side, I'm curious to see if, as I've always suspected, this show would be better without a live audience.

Turns out you were wrong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oddly enough I think I prefer TDS without an audience. It's still not great mind you but it's somehow better

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The media bubble, including Oliver, is still so brain-broken that they hope a ~TRUMP PIVOT~ is still possible because, surely underneath all of that narcissism and hubris is a human heart, right? :nallears:

Typically there are pragmatic reasons wrt reelection a normal shithead would get his head out of his rear end at some point.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't even watch this one. God drat I hate OAN

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He love checkers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You just wanted to see Burt's wife didn't you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

She's no Hitler

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

swickles posted:

The same thing happened to Stewart and The Daily Show. They never sought to do real investigative journalism, only make fun of the news and make jokes about the dumb stuff in it. Because this was all construed as being honest, Stewart eventually became the most trusted man in news, despite never actually aiming for that goal. Oliver's stuff is a little more serious and they do a good job of in depth reporting, but they aren't a news gathering organization (i.e. no reporters or presence at major press conferences). They are more like a 20/20 with dick jokes. They are a news magazine that focuses on important, and in non-emergency times, often uncovered topics. Despite that, or maybe because of the fact that they take time to deliberate and source and fact check, they are seen as a more vital and trustworthy source than other news outlets.

I didn't value TDS as a news show half as much as I did as a meta commentary on the sad state of the media in this country at the time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I know why he's doing it but I can't keep watching all these FN clips.

precision posted:

John's fine in this format. Unlike Trevor Noah, who has gone from tolerable to horribly grating

Noah is much better now actually. He's still not great but he's better.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I do not remotely believe that Trump has ever religiously read anything

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He is the platonic ideal of the sleazy used car salesman

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The media is mostly fine with it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This cat bit's great.

Though I don't remember anything about Wendy Williams?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I thought there wasn't an episode last week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hawkperson posted:

Pfff you saw the huskies, John knows who appreciates him :colbert:

I don't think he reads this thread