Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The only reason I knew Chester A. Arthur was a president was Die Hard 3.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It's like they were about to go after religion bit got cold feet and instead picked an even easier target.

Too bad they didn't use the one clip of a medium telling a 9/11 victims family that the guy drowned in the ocean.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ah true

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Do you deserve death if you shoot up a school full or 3rd graders?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thats a very feel good answer that doesnt really solve anything

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What is it about the Wuhan lab theory that people find so unbelievable

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Call me crazy but maybe white people don't need another way to be racist.

Heh 4mil deaths world wide. Oh well the particulars aren't important..just take whatever story China feeds us because we can't look racist.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's zero actual evidence to support the lab leak theory (which for certain people is in itself some slam dunk 'evidence' that there's been a coverup) so it's a plausible theory but at this point that's all it is. People who are interested in talking about the possibility it escaped from the Wuhan lab seem to fall into two distinct camps:
1) Hey we need to talk about biosafety protocols, this is an ongoing issue across the globe and we would see a similar pathogen escape in any number of countries at any time.
2) China needs to be held accountable, they must dearly pay for this

President Trump leapt straight to 2 and kept screaming about it for months, even after it became super super clear that the CCP wasn't going to give any ground so the argument was always a non starter. It was pretty much the same deflection maneuver as his classic "Mexico will pay for the wall" bullshit which was also always an obvious non starter but people really fuckin' loved it. People loved the "China must pay for releasing this virus" line for the exact same reasons.

Hate crimes against Asian-Americans increased by nearly 150% in 2020: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/anti-asian-hate-crimes-increased-nearly-150-2020-mostly-n-n1260264
That was directly caused by Trump screaming about the :yooge: CHYNA VIRUS :yooge: for months on end. That's the racism aspect of the discussion.

(For the record I don't discount the lab leak theory at all, I just haven't seen sufficient evidence to buy into it any further)

I dont give a poo poo about what Trump said. The virus was from China and the rest of the world has suffered immensely and deserve some sort of explanation regardless of what some racist Americans do.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

k

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 16, 2021

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Slamhound posted:

Even if we assume that China manufactured COVID in a lab and released it into the US with the explicit purpose of murdering every last American in an act of global war, the incontrovertible fact of the matter is that the US government completely and utterly abandoned the country and let half a million people die while the richest got even richer. That abandonment continues.

Trying to “investigate” where the flu came from is nothing more than a deflection. This shithole country pours trillions into the military and the police all in the name of “protection,” yet does nothing to even slightly mitigate a pandemic.

If China is guilty, then we’ve somehow managed to turn the actual perpetrators into scapegoats for our own failure.

It's almost like you can think both things are bad at the same time. Hard to imagine but it's true.

sexpig by night posted:

'may we see the credible information?'

'no. Also if we don't find anything China clearly destroyed the proof'

More like
Hmm odd that this happened near a lab and whistle-blowers were mysteriously silenced. May we investigate further?

No and if you question any of these coincidences you're the reason people are getting punched in the face in New York.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lol if you expect this show to ever stop beating any of its many dead horses.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its a travesty they left out Sneak King. Possibly the creepiest stalker sim of a game ever.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah that felt like grasping at something that's barely there. Not seeing much eugenicy poo poo with those stones. Like improve reproductive fitness and diversity is supposed to be some code for make everyone white Aryan supermen or something?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I mean lots of rich people believe stupid poo poo. I guess it would be a thing if he put it on the stones itself but what he did put is pretty like meh whatever

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I dunno what this bit is hoping to accomplish other than him getting even more poo poo from his "friends"

Hmm keep my ultra powerful position and get even more ridiculous bribes or admit I'm a complete immortal whore in front of everyone, lose my billionaire sugar daddies and hope this totally legit contract holds up. What a decision!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He also got 100k in private school tuition for his nephew or whoever.