Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They missed it in the turnaround but Trump has since lied multiple times about the "Tim Apple" thing. First he claimed that he ACTUALLY said "Tim Cook Apple" which is blatantly not true. Later on Twitter he claimed he was referring to Tim Cook and Apple at the same time as Tim/Apple.

Tarquinn posted:

The hand was still funny, though.

Also, HBO robocalling all those officials, doesn't that constitute harassment? I mean for the sake of all 'murricans I hope it will be successful and I am sure HBO's legal team triple checked it, but it still seems a little bit weird.

It probably falls under one of those things about how government officials having to take calls on government lines and aren't allowed to block people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stop rehashing the 2016 election.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They just put up the Chiitan segment on Youtube as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also John was surprisingly lenient on the fuckwit Australian politicians in the opening segment, they're a lot shittier and have been loving up a lot harder than he let on.

Clive Palmer's vanity project political party in particular has been spectacularly dumb from the get go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsZ8z1tw_Sc

I did a brief write up about the biggest gently caress ups so far this election in the PYF schadenfreude thread and there'll no doubt be even bigger gently caress ups in the next two weeks before polling day, rumour has it that the muck raking teams employed by the major parties are sitting on some especially juicy stuff which they'll release just before the election in order to cause maximum carnage.

Seeing as there is still time they might just be doing more next week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus loving christ

Why? Why does this thread get so stupid?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Shopping for my teenage daughter for Christmas I ordered some shirts from Hot Topic.

On Black Friday they sent me 4 emails all about the same sale, $12 tshirts.

It didn’t exactly slow down after that either.

I ordered a sweater from Jos A Banks and they've sent me multiple emails every single day since.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't he the one who did the weird comparison of Bernie winning to Nazis invading France?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funny thing about Chris Matthews quitting is that while the network knew about it I don't think they were prepared for how he did it, by saying he quit and throwing to commercial and apparently just taking off during said commercial.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So this week there will be a new episode but after that the show is going on hiatus due to the virus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We know there won't be a laugh track because he's talked about how his wife does not find him funny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of amazing just how angry John was at Jared.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, John just casually tossing it off camera was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His mentioning of believing a conspiracy theory about Princess Di reminds me of a book I read back in the mid 00s about debunking conspiracy theories. Except that when the author got to the section about 9/11 truthers he starts talking about how they actually have some reasonable ideas, thus undercutting the entire concept of the book.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was sorting my work mail today and discovered that someone in my town bought and used the LWT stamps as I came across a Nutterbutter one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:toot:
They did it!
https://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Much-needed-laugh-Danbury-officially-names-15632527.php

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/WTOV9/status/1320527075502153729

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume they waited as long as possible to record today since everything was so in flux.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume they'll do a deep dive later on about what happened with the election but this week everything was kind of thrown together at the last minute seeing as it was so up in the air until Friday/Saturday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, if this was down to one state I would be worried about Trump somehow cheating his way into winning but he needs to flip multiple states which just isn't going to happen. They would have to win lawsuits in each separate state, which again isn't happening because they have zero evidence of any fraud actually happening.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The part about companies being allowed to opt out of worker comp is loving disgusting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Most unrealistic part of this isn't the singing but the fact that the cops are arresting a bunch of rich white people for buying drugs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For more on the scrub jay here is a video about how state birds are garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZI5GcPm8c

Also I would be very surprised if that NRA lady's story was even true in the first place.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A lot of those used car salesmen seemed like they were just Bob Odenkirk characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Didn't turn off the show because of a 30 second skit, I'm just sick of hearing that VA in every animated property on media. Dude is a one-trick pony and it's not even a good trick. Some recurring bits are hits, this one was a miss for me.

Jon Benjamin can do other voices* but he's stuck with the problem that popular voice actors can run into where they're just cast to do the same thing over and over again. He has the added issue that the voice people like is basically his normal speaking tone.

*For example here's Benjamin as Jimmy Junior on the show Bob's Burgers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0taKhVLQ0is

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A big one they missed was "Darkened Skye" which was a 3rd person action adventure game for the Gamecube that was pretty standard fantasy except all your magic was powered by Skittles.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode is going to be longer than usual at 40 minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The part where they played an interview with the kid who killed himself was super loving sad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tarlibone posted:

A couple months ago, YouTube thought that I wanted to know about ex-scientologists, so some recent videos came up about how they don't sue people anymore. Apparently, Miscavige had to be deposed or had to give testimony, and it was very, very bad for them. So, now, they don't sue people. I don't know how true that is, but a few videos out there came out saying the same thing, so maybe they... well, not so much learned their lesson, but they're on notice that their scientnanigans won't be tolerated anymore.

My understanding is that ever since the South Park expose episode Scientology has had a rough go of it. They still have money but they've been bleeding rank and file members for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My understanding is that they got a lot of what they were asking for so it is pretty much a shoe in to get ratified.