Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hakkesshu posted:

Well it's not as if this show ever acknowledges his existence

Hey John went out of his way to let us know it was mathematically impossible for Bernie to beat Hillary in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

You don't put Trump in the white house for spite because you didn't fall in love with a centrist.

Yeah when's that ever happened.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

"Vote Blue No Matter Who" completely ignores the political reality of most people, including moderates. It's the losing strategy the dems have kept trying since 2000. It wasn't Bernie Bros or misogyny or the electoral college that lost 2016, it was Hillary thinking she was the default choice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Anesthesia was invented so patients would shut the gently caress up while doctors are cutting them open.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Conan and Colbert were loving golden when they had no audience or staff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If he picks Harris we're in for 10 years of "leftists hate black people" from the rapidly disintegrating center when Biden loses horribly. They've already been trying to paint older black people preferring Biden over Sanders as some kind of indictment of the entire left when it comes to racial issues.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's easy to forget because it feels like Trump's been president 600 years, but there was a news item very early on back when there were still dipshits thinking that Trump would become more presidential and defer to the experts that the security council would literally have to shorten their reports to half a page and put his name in every sentence or he'd get bored and stop reading it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If we remember nothing else from Trump's presidency it should be this: an unwritten rule is not a rule.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

swickles posted:

I can only imagine the phone calls between John Oliver and John Stewart right now. Its so clear why Stewart retired, and given the pace of 2020 Oliver is gonna hit that threshold in like September. Watch him have to testify/shame Congress into some obvious thing like Stewart had to for 9/11 First Responders.

I don't want to start no drama, but Stewart's politics are a a lot more centrist than John Oliver's, and Oliver's still, in my opinion, too stuck in outdated ways of viewing the political landscape for the current political situation. This episode was great, but he should've been this radicalized about many other topics he talked about well before now. If anything, people like Stewart and Colbert who tried to "restore sanity" to politics instead of pushing to progress them helped pacify liberals into accepting what got us here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It was still profitable, even after years of declines post-:911:. Subtract the required-by-law additional payments from the P&L and the books balance. The USPS was basically one of the most profitable companies of the 2000's AND employs >600,000 people with stable careers.
:shrug:

Now, one can also argue that it provides a critical public infrastructure service and it shouldn't matter if it does cost money (I would), but that point is moot. For now, there is more than enough margin to continue service for decades to come, and I would posit that volume will stabilize, or even increase, with mail-order shipping becoming common.

Uh no, it's dead.

https://t.co/gtCQfLOz1d?amp=1

Even if the Democrats get back in power (which seems unlikely since the primary reason Trump is doing this is to create mass voter suppression and the ancient mummies in charge of the DNC are just letting him do it while clucking their tongues at how uncouth it is), the last 30 years of American history suggests they won't actually undo the damage to the infrastructure, they'll just immediately treat it as a new intractable status quo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

They're not even chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was extremely tame compared to what the online left has been saying about Tuckson for years.