Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Wall Balls posted:

cucumber got a bad deal because americans are trash humans

These rankings are bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Shawarma and Falafel numba 1. Cheesesteak 2.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
In Cleveland we have this place for sandwiches.

https://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/melt-menu/

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m at a fine dining high class steakhouse that ages beef and imports from Japan and New Zealand, truffle up the rear end with their fancy sides and I’m going to order a grilled ground beef sandwich. With fries.

And I’m going to order it medium well.

Thank you.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to guess the high-class steakhouse can probably make a decent burger.

Yeah. It’s one of the best burgers in the city. Very flavorful.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The best Cuban sandwich I’ve ever had with pork cut similar to ribbons but flavorful and carmalized crust kind of thing that is difficult to explain and house made creole mustard. It was sublime.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Son of a bitch you just beat me to the Hot Brown. If you look at the Google after searching for Kentucky Hot Brown, it is classified as a sandwich.

Conversely I could see a breakfast biscuit, hash, cheese, eggs, crumbled sausage or bacon, green onions then gravy over it as being an open faced sandwich you eat with a knife and fork.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snowy posted:

You eat it out of a giant ladle?

Yes. Clearly you just stuff that thing down your gullet and swallow it whole. Like pulling meat from bone as if it were a wing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Theoretically...is pizza not but an open faced sandwich? Even New Yorkers fold it and eat it, completing it. And then the calzone/stromboli...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snowy posted:

Yes but a calzone is a burrito everyone knows that

This is true.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I am currently eating this from Costco. I think it's supposed to be for 2 people but am not sure.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
There is a restaurant that serves fried chicken sandwich but the buns are waffles and you can put syrup on it and they have this butter thing for sauce and other fixing inside. It's slightly cumbersome to eat and I don't think they quite nailed it but it was good.

Then there's MELT in Cleveland that has a chicken and waffles grilled cheese sandwich but for some reason they have a waffle AND thick bread when they should just use the waffles for bread. It's tastier but the bread is not necessary.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Waffles are just a stepping stone for us to start considering pancakes as sandwiches and that is where I draw the line sir!!!

My good sir, have you heard of the McGriddle?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That Dante looking real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TontoCorazon posted:

Has anybody ever made a falafel patty the size of a burger and made some bomb rear end sandwiches with those?

Yeah there are places that serve it as a burger. Oak Barrel in Cleveland serves sliders.

Also there's this place called Tommy's that serves a Colleen: Falafel, bacon, cheese, sesame sauce, onions, sprouts, tomatoes and green peppers. Except it's falafel then baked in the pita and it is gooooooood.