Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



Roll 20 Map for combat/potential combat.

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.
- Nelson Mandela


Hour 3 on the airship, and your contact still hasn't shown. You're beginning to wonder if you're in the wrong room, on the wrong airship, or if you've just been set up.

The hum of the ship's engines continues at the same tone it's been going at for the past three hours, the smell of food that couldn't quite be gotten out of the floor continues to linger as it has for the past three hours and the bartender comes around for the 25th time in the last three hours to ask if really, everything was ok, are you sure you don't want anything else? Not that the airship is packed, weekday flights on outdated models like this one tend to be scarce, you've almost got the bar to yourselves. Which means if this was a set-up, it'd be very easy to record most things said.

You now sit back and think of your invite for this mission, the mysterious contact put you off, but they offered help on something you've all but given up on finding, and some good money. Perhaps too good. (please specify what this is)

So here you sit, and here you wait, companions akimbo, when you see the only other patron of the bar leave. She sighs and looks towards your table, if only briefly, not stopping or engaging you... And then five minutes later, the blast door quarantines the bar from the rest of the ship. You hear a hissing noise coming from the vents, what would you like to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005



Polar Barrier
Airship Bar



Squinting his eyes, Polar Barrier looks from his beverage to the blast doors and back to his beverage.

"I suspect that we have been misled."

He takes a deep breath, tasting the air for identifiable odors or particulates. He smacks his tongue like a thoughtful sommelier.

----------

Ice bear is here in pursuit of McKraken's processor, which his contact had claimed to have had information about. He tries not to appear too disappointed that the lead was bad. I would like to attempt a skill roll to identify the nature of the hissing vent gas, if possible. What's applicable here - Chemistry? Scent? Observation? I don't have anything of the sort, so it would be unskilled regardless.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2019 around 16:51

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



Immediately, the taste of smoke is identifiable to Polar Barrier. (This does not appear to be toxic, though an Unskilled check, in your case, may be able to glean more info.) Regardless of what it is, the room will get very hazy, very fast if left unchecked, and if it's not taking you out, then...

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Spring Hyenard
Airship Bar

---

Hyenard's rounded radar-dish ears swivel at the soft hiss, and his gaze follows them to see the flow of gas. Then he surveys the room.
The truck-sized bear. The truck-sized buzzsaw dinosaur. The man with a bazooka. The woman with fingerprints crushed into her sword grip. The - okay, so the dainty reploid in the dress probably wasn't going to be able to smash any walls, but still.

"OI! BARKEEP!"
Hyenard shoves himself up, cupping his hands around his mouth.
"Did I just hear you ask, 'excuse me, room full of highly qualified and drunk remodeling experts, but could you all please build me a new doorway here in place of my old blast wall?'"
He starts striding towards the metal barrier, his springs creaking unnecessarily loud as he winds himself up.
"If I misheard, well, no rush- you've probably got a few seconds to clarify."

---

Hyenard was looking for information on who set the bomb that destroyed the bridge and killed Beetle. It's the first lead he's found, and between the heights and the alcohol, he's a bit tense.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:26

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Ruby Rhapsody

Ugh, can't leave here empty-handed. I can practically hear Onyx's laughter right now. "Hah! What's the matter, Ruby-dono? Did you get stood up on your little date?" He always knows how to push my buttons...

Ruby started off holding a glass for about the first half hour of the wait, before starting to feel the nerves kicking in and reconsidering. Around the hour mark a conscious effort began to be made to avoid tapping her foot in impatience. Now three hours in, any kind of stimulus could likely set off something.

The sealing of the blast door was exactly the sort of stimulus her nervous system was looking for, and was now actively primed to take action. A sound from the vents provoked an immediate response in the form of Ruby's head immediately snapping to face the nearest source of the sound and, in the same motion, hopping up to grip onto the vent and get a proper look at what may be coming in through the airways.

------------------------------

Ruby was being offered a lead on something she didn't even know she wanted until after the client said it to her; the person (or people) directly responsible for changing her designated career path and, subsequently, inflicting these augments upon her. Meanwhile, as you can see, Ruby's trying to get a visual via clambering up to the source of the sound. Do let me know if I need anything for that.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



"I.. Uh.. oh my God, I just don't want to die!" The bartender, a young female reploid cowers behind the counter. (Compact Crush is a good skill to use, though the blast door is reinforced, so if you don't tackle that first you will be at disadvantage.)

Ruby is able to handily leap to the height of the vent, her hands denting the grating when she hits it. The vents' content are easy to identify, as Ruby has fought with their advantage before: thermal smoke is being leaked into the room in an attempt to mask signatures of something. (Ruby's weapon knowledge gets her a bit more info than Polar's general knowledge here.)

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Spring Hyenard
Airship Bar

---

Hyenard stares at the bartender for a moment in shock, his springs hitching momentarily. "Wait- you're still in here with-? Then who shut- ah hell, it doesn't matter, someone come help me with this blast door before whatever it is happens!"

---

I thought it was just us behind the blast wall, whoops- I'll chalk it up to drink. Can I try using Spring Mines to damage the reinforcement or to spread out the damage, or will I need assistance from someone else to get past Disadvantage? Also I don't think I mentioned, but I was gonna take Amazing Strength* at heroic.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:27

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



"I- I don't-" this reploid is clearly in panic, she wasn't built for combat, and this situation is so out of her comfort zone she doesn't have context. It may be useful to return to her once the immediate danger is dealt with.

(You can use amazing strength instead as a skill, roll on the heroic skill table. The mines are acceptable, but I will take the explosive properties into account for twist and cost.)

(Edit: added blast door to map and moved characters around based on actions taken, @Ruby, there are 3 cents on each side of the room, each near a corner, you may be at any of them @Spring, I did not assume a charging leap, but if so, you may move further back.)

Moriatti fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2019 around 15:39

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Ruby Rhapsody

Well, shoot. Someone doesn't want people seeing whatever they're doing.

Letting go of her perch, Ruby looks back over at the situation. A bartender scared out of her wits and a Pseudoroid looking to make a new door. And from the looks of it they might choose to blow it open. That's no good at all, especially since it'd give them away too fast. On the other hand, if she could just make a big enough slit in the door, the big guys here could probably do the rest of the work and shove open a way forward. Or the door could just split into two. Either works.

"Alright, fine, give me just one second...And try to avoid being anywhere but behind me while I do this."

She takes a few steps towards the blast door, places a firm grip on the handle of her beam saber, and focuses herself. Hundreds of microcorrected motions, some intuition, and a single fluid stroke should be enough to at least carve into this thing.

Just as quickly as the saber is drawn and slashes forward, the blade is sheathed, as though she never even struck.

---------

This is going to be using Iaijutsu to try to cut through/into the door and assist Spring's efforts. Disregard this roll entry if there's something up.

Iaijutsu (Heroic): 1d6 4

Should be a plain Success.

EDIT: Doof, forgot we were 2d6.

DOUBLE EDIT: Double doof, that's just for combat.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2019 around 15:55

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Sawyer

The massive dinosaur Maverick clacks his giant feet claws on the floor, howling in anger at this sudden development. "Grrarrh! Out of the way!" He says while staring at the Blast Door in front of him. Alas, it seems 'tis time to use brute strength once again. It seems that the Hyena Reploid is hesitating at what has to be done, which means it's up to him to resolve such a perilous situation. "GROOOARRRGH!" He roars while rushing towards the door, ready to headbutt it!

Massive Strength: 1d6 3 (Success with a cost!(

Sawyer has been presented with the possibility of recovering the remains of one of Lord Sigma's several spare bodies, something he hopes he can use to revive his master.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



Ruby deftly cleaves the door in two and Sawyer headbutts the remains clean off their supports, the door flies open, revealing a legion raiding party of reploids in wait!

"Halt! You are under investigation by the legion, this craft is said to harbour known fugitives!"

None of you can recall anything requiring this much attention recently, what's going on?
It doesn't matter either way, weapons are trained on you as smoke begins to fill in the room.

(Please roll initiative, except for Plutonis, since Sawwyer's cost will be going last in order. I will place the raiders on the map, roll their initiative and make another post once the battle is set-up. The current goal is: escape! Though there is an obvious bonus goal of rescuing the bartender.)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005



Polar Barrier
Airship Bar



Polar Barrier sighs, finishes his drink, and crushes the can. He stands up, looking resigned, and addresses the barkeep.

"Do y'all recycle here?"

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2019 around 16:51

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



I've probably got time before it matters but it turns out that roll20 tablet integration is... requires a keyboard, I'll procure one shortly, which should allow me to properly update the turn tracker.

In the meantime:


Two Legion Assault Hunter models spring forth, eyes a-glow, a whirring noise coming from their noses, behind them are standard class gunner units, though there appears to be a modification to their visor, an assess action by anyone trained in robotics knowledge may reveal more about this.

This approach h was not exactly subtle, so your team appears to be ready for action!

Airship Encounter 1: Raider Party
Objective: escape the raiders

Optional objectives:
- Rescue the bartender
- Destroy internal footage of your party.

Terrain:
- The thermal smoke pouring from the vents blocks line of sight, and will expand 1 square per turn unless dealt with, this should hinder both sides equally, but the legion likely has a plan...
- The tables and bar are tall enough that a regular sized creature could crouch behind them for cover (remember the exposure rules.) Furthemore, they are bolted to the ground, it would take superhuman strength to even hope to move them, and would be a role action, and a skill check.
- The stools are less secure, since no one has no-skill in lifting or strength, a role action is sufficient to move them, though tossing them will likely require a skill check.
- The windows are reinforced alumiglass, they could be destroyed potentially, but you guys are trained enough in materials that you're aware they would have 5 HP of health, and that terrain does not need cover.

(If you move terrain, please mark so, also ask any questions you would like.)

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Moriatti posted:

I've probably got time before it matters but it turns out that roll20 tablet integration is... requires a keyboard, I'll procure one shortly, which should allow me to properly update the turn tracker.

Ahhhh shoot, is that in the app, in the browser, or both? I've been phoneposting and hadn't had a chance to try r20 yet. I can roll init in Orokos if that's not an issue.

For morality purposes, are we tracking mechaniloids vs. Reploid/human/pseudodroids for enemies?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005



I do not appear to have privileges to move my token. You've gotta make sure the flags are set in two places - the token is set to represent the character and the character is assigned to me.

e: thanks, i'm set now

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2019 around 17:21

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



ElegantFugue posted:

Ahhhh shoot, is that in the app, in the browser, or both? I've been phoneposting and hadn't had a chance to try r20 yet. I can roll init in Orokos if that's not an issue.
I'm running in browser per the plus membership, it's fine for player-facing stuff, just right-clicking is not an option, so I'm going to have to use keyboard shortcuts.

ElegantFugue posted:

For morality purposes, are we tracking mechaniloids vs. Reploid/human/pseudodroids for enemies?


That really depends on your character's view.

I will say, I'm default assuming deadly force on your characters' part unless stated otherwise, though I'd like that to be reflected in narration on your guys' parts.


Ignite Memories posted:

I do not appear to have privileges to move my token. You've gotta make sure the flags are set in two places - the token is set to represent the character and the character is assigned to me (Paul)

This should be resolved for everyone who has logged in

Moriatti fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2019 around 17:14

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Moriatti posted:

I'm running in browser per the plus membership, it's fine for player-facing stuff, just right-clicking is not an option, so I'm going to have to use keyboard shortcuts.
All right, I'll roll init when I get a chance.

Moriatti posted:

That really depends on your character's view.

I will say, I'm default assuming deadly force on your characters' part unless stated otherwise, though I'd like that to be reflected in narration on your guys' parts.

I thought Mechaniloid = mindless automaton, reploid/pseudodroid = emotions, feelings, sensation, etc. Is that incorrect? Either way, I'll clarify in post when I'm going for non-lethal.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



Oh! That is indeed correct!
Most machines at this point are going to be reploid because most new creations are copies of older ones that are just slightly modified.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!


Daisy Vivre
Airship Bar

Daisy's first three hours on the airship were wonderful. She spent a lot of time looking out windows, watching clouds, having never seen them from this angle before. She also chatted with the bartender and, of course, her new friends. She knew they were uneasy, and understandably so--but her own excitement was largely unblunted. She'd never been in the sky before!

Of course, even the brightest mood can be dampened somewhat by smoke seeping into the room, the exit being blocked, and a squad of attack robots. That smoke was showing up in the infrared spectrum of her vision, which was unusual--and frustrating, since it meant she couldn't rely on that to see through it. Still, it wasn't all bad: the enemy was totally bunched up at the door...

Moriatti posted:

You now sit back and think of your invite for this mission, the mysterious contact put you off, but they offered help on something you've all but given up on finding, and some good money. Perhaps too good. (please specify what this is)

Someone told Daisy that DVN002 was still alive, somewhere, and they could tell her where. Her father had been dead and gone for centuries, but could she still have siblings? She'd never known his other creations, but hearing that, she realized how much that connection would mean to her.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Ruby Rhapsody

"And the Legion is known for harboring totalitarians, so I guess that makes us even!"

Ruby wastes no time in drawing her blade again, stepping forward, and slashing at one of the Mechaniloid units before back-hopping and finding herself some cover. With her other hand, she clutches the reinforced grip of her Buster Shot and keeps it at the ready.

Of course it had to be Legion interference. Why wouldn't it? Whatever, so long as I'm the one that cuts them down, no one else should be in any trouble.

-------------

Role Action: Quick Shift one square South.
Standard Action: Attack with Beam Katana "Kokone" at Mechaniloid south of me,. 3 + 4 = 7, so Effect (there is none) + Damage, which adds up to 3.
Move Action: Disengage, moving north, northeast, northeast, north, northeast, and east to take cover behind the table.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005



Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP
1 Strike

Polar Barrier, not hearing an immediate reaction from the barkeep, steps forward to give his teammates cover. He tosses his empty can in the direction of the enemy, uttering
"Hey! You!" The can goes wide, and clangs off of the back of Sawyer's head.

Polar Barrier squints menacingly. The threat stands.


Beginning the battle in Glacier Style, granting himself Resist 1 against ranged attacks from the South.
Move action: W W S S S.
Standard action: Basic Ranged Attack with aluminum can. 1+2 = Miss/Strike.
Role action: Mark the Eastern Mechaniloid.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2019 around 16:51

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!


Daisy Vivre
Airship Bar

Daisy reacts quickly, taking cover behind the table, to the right of her new ursine friend and to the left of her pal Ruby. She fires a scattering of seeds and bathes them in a light green beam, and suddenly there's a dense field of flowers and vines in the middle of the airship. Thorns dig into the hindmost enemy's legs; for the enemy, retreat is now practically out of the question, and advancing isn't looking too likely either.

She also takes a moment to look around--there's clearly more to this ambush than meets the eye, and perhaps if she focuses she can pick out moving heat signatures out from behind the thermal chaff. She relays her findings to her teammates: [insert Assess results here.]

There's a stray glass on the table in front of her. "Cheers!" she says, with a wink at Ruby, and downs it.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Spring Hyenard
10/10 HP
1 AP

---

Hyenard cautiously eases back to a standing position. Sawyer didn't run him over, but he's momentarily distracted trying to figure out if that was because Sawyer politely ran past him, or because he hit the deck in a fairly ungraceful, desperate, last-minute dodge. The sound of weaponry charging up draws him back to the present, though, and he starts steadying himself into a looser and more nimble alignment.

---

Rolled a 1 for initiative, oops. Glad that's not a strike.
I'll start with springs/stance set to Evasive Bounce, for both thematic and strategic reasons.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:27

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



Ruby's blade deftly damages the Assault Hunter, causing it to emit a garbled yelp. (Which is to say, it was bloodied) It assumes a defensive posture and dodges the icicle shot at it's head.

Daisy's vines crush around the Reploid in the back, causing it to take severe damage. From her assessment, she's able to determine that reinforcements are a ways off (that is to say, not this combat) and that your crew is already aware of the planned traps, and the potential of being pushed out a window. (As a reminder, you can assess for type affinity too)

Two of the reploids fire upon Sawyer, only one hitting the Psuedodroid for 3 damage. The two Assault Hunters both launch onto him, the on Ruby clanged gets a nice bite for 4 damage on Sawyer before being blasted by Polar, who was waiting for an opening. The other only barely grabs on, but seems to have a firm clamp now. Upon clamping down, it's eyes change colours, and all of the Reploids turn their heads towards Sawyer.

Moriatti fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2019 around 01:23

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



EDIT: Misunderstood the turn!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2019 around 22:21

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Spring Hyenard
10/10 HP
1 AP
Extended Reach stance

---

Spring Hyenard finally resettles his springs, and surveys the sudden chaos. He shifts to a more aggressive posture with a grimace, and then lashes out with both a coiling Spring Mine and a far-flung claw strike launched out between Sawyer's legs. The Spring Mine's spring ensnares one of the Gunner's limbs, snarling his aim.
The claw strike, although at a rough angle, has the advantage of surprise, and gives the targeted Pseudodroid a solid smack. As the canine tries to shake off the impact, though, it triggers the additional Spring Mine Hyenard slapped on its legs- it's launched clear into the thicket of vines with a loud BOING.
Hyenard takes a moment to grin before leaping off behind cover.

---

Shifting to Extended Reach stance, tossing a Spring Mine Wrap on Gunner 1.1 to Weaken him until end of next turn, and then making a melee attack at the evil dog adjacent to Sawyer.
2d6 (5+2)= 7
Damage + Effect, and hooray for Reach 3. Going to combine the Slide 2 from my Stance Effect and the Slide 3 from my Role Feature to swing the doggo around into Daisy's plants- into the center if there's any bonus for that, and just up against the wall if there's not.
I will then flee behind cover, with which cover depending on whether Daisy's vines are party-friendly.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:27

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Dr. Ebenezer Mann
Airship Bar
10/10 HP


Dr. Mann is dismissively pushing away the undrinkable swill they are shameless enough to serve to paying customers when the blast doors are destroyed. Immediately he is up, and he pulls up what appears to be a small tube from his belt. The tube enlarges and elongates until, in less than a second, until it has become the good doctor's grenade launcher.

"An ambush, uh? Just what I expect from you cowardly cretins!" He screams as he runs towards Polar Barrier, finding cover behind his large companion.
"Eat this, Legion scum!" He adds, as he braces himself. He pulls the trigger, and a huge blue sphere, surrounded by little turned-off lights, describes an arc through the air, impacting against a Legion soldier's stomach. As it rolls down, the projectile's lights start to blink and it makes an hominous ticking sound...

As the opponents are distracted by the bomb, Dr. Mann observes with a critical eye the structural damage that Sawyer endured. It wasn't serious yet, but it could be. So he loads a smaller projectile, white with a green cross on it, and aims for the rather large target of the robotic dinosaur.

"Heads up, ya overgrown lizard!" He shouts before letting the projectile fly. It shatters on impact, releasing a swarm of short-lived nanites who hurriedly repair the damage done.

The doctor grimaces. 'I was hoping not to have to use that one, not have a lot of those left...'

Dr. Mann is moving behind Polar Barrier, using Big Kaboom (Area Denial) on one of the guards (got a 5, so damage+effect) and then using Heal on Sawyer.
Doctor-engineers have something called a 'doctor's note', which is kind of like a credit card that, when flashed in front of a nanofabricator, permits them to produce a certain amount of material needed to do their job for free. Dr. Mann's note has been deactivated following an inspection, and he was hoping to get a black market one from this job before he starts to run out of resources he needs for his patients.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2019 around 22:25

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



One of the two gunner reploids explodes in a fury of parts, the other gunner shakily readies his cannon, he wants to run, but the vines make even that difficult.
"T-Take this...!" He yells shakily, raising his buster-arm, no longer firing for suppression, just trying to take out one of the mavericks before he gets destroyed. He hits Sawyer solidly, but not enough to down him.

Even with disadvantage, he got a 7 for damage and effect, which, after resistance, totaled 5. Sawyer is still under the effect of pin down from an earlier strike by the slowed Reploid, though my damage calculation was wrong, moving would only net 2 damage, which would only just bloody the Spindroid. Either way, it's Plutonis' turn.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Sawyer
11/13 HP
1 AP


Shot, bitten, blasted and healed. While still stunned from the sudden impact with the blast door, Sawyer is met with a veritable damaging barrage, and only his large bulk and the help of the eccentric doctor keep him still standing. The Spinosaurid robot steps back a few steps and points his sharp harpoon-ended tail towards one of his attackers, and with a loud bang the harpoon is shot out of it, connected with a long chain that crosses the air before piercing through the gunner's head. "CRUSH!" Sawyer grunts as the chain is immediately drawn back towards his tail, which upon reattaching the harpoon slams the gunner into the ground, tearing it into several pieces.

At first, Sawyer is going to target the Pseudoroid that is closest with Duel, then move a bit back... And use Get over Here to pull him to range. Rolled a crit with 12 which deals 6 damage and takes him out. (Duel Recharges) I'm also taking the attackers take disadvantage bonus from Mann.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



The smoke continues to poor from the vents, slowly filling the room. With half of their forces decimated, the legion troops look to each-other in dismay.

Ruby's up

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Spring Hyenard (out of turn)
10/10 HP
1 AP
Extended Reach stance

---

By the time Hyenard's bounced back behind the table, the sounds of piercing metal and grinding blades are already filling his ears again. He glances back to see the rather visceral death of a Legion goon via impalement, and the distinct unease with which the remaining soldiers are doing the same.
"For heck's sake, give 'em a chance to surrender already," he shouts across the room.

---

I'm assuming we're allowed to make verbal comments out of turn, within reason, right? If not, ignore this and I'll save it for my next turn, assuming there's anything left at that point.
The actual surrendering is not as important to him as the asking about it, they're grown-up robots and can make their own choices in life (even if those choices make it a lot shorter), but they're still thinking beings.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:27

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



You definitely are, on a player's turn, they may make any social check they wish to as a free action to attempt to force them to surrender. Cost will likely be strikes, twist... I'll have to come up with.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Ruby Rhapsody

Ruby smiles briefly at Daisy's shenanigans, but then, upon processing the phrase 'Cheers!' has a bit of a realization regarding all the smoke clouds and the fact that the foes have, pretty much, almost all immediately started to flee.

Why are they giving up so fast? They wouldn't just run off like this unless...Oh no, there's something else coming! And we left the bartender alone in the back!

Popping back up to take a shot at the canine unit, Ruby's hand starts suffering from another case of seizure, shaking rapidly and making the ability to draw a bead all but impossible. However, glancing back at her friend right next to her, the Digger recalls a moment not unlike this before, of a sort. Her hand had been shaking just as violently from nerves when she was first offered a handshake by Daisy.

And how did I handle that one...? Oh, right. She told me to relax and...

Whatever the words were, Ruby's movements calm as she takes aim and pulls the trigger, her shot definitely hitting its mark.

"I'm going to make sure nothing happens to our host. Let's think about leaving once the hall's clear."

She proceeds to back up and make her way back to the bar. Looking back over at the server, she decides to at least try to play PR.

"I know you're probably not alright right now, but we're heading out soon. How's about coming with so we can work out how to make this up to you and so you don't end up in custody for questioning?"

------------
Standard Action: So, I rolled a 3 to shoot the doggo within range. That was really bad. But Daisy granted me a reroll, so we were able to turn that into a 9. That's 3 damage.

Role and Move actions were Quick Shift and just standard movement to go NW, NW, N, N, N, NW, NW and stop right in front of the bar. Whether or not my RP with the bartender constitutes anything more solid is up to you.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



The hunter stops moving , collapsing fully into the vines.

Ruby's speech snaps the bartender out of her haze, she stands, ready to escape, though seems unsure of her "rescuers".

3 with exposure is 6, more than enough to down the poor dog. The bartender will follow you out of this combat, but will likely need a more substantial explanation of her situation before she would be dedicated to your cause.

Polar Barrier is up

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005



Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP
1 Strike

Polar Barrier continues his advance, sidestepping the plant growth and leaping past Sawyer to set himself firmly between the remaining enemies and his allies.

"Stand back, comrade. I will draw their ire in your stead."

He launches another icicle claw, burying it into one of the remaining robots. His low snarl promises additional icicles are soon to follow.


Remaining in Glacier Style, still Resist 1 against ranged attacks from the South.
Move action: W W W S S S.
Standard action: Basic Ranged Attack with icicle gun on the eastern robit. 3+4 = Glancing hit.
Role action: Mark the eastern robit.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



The icicle pierces into the relloid's bracing arm, which promptly freezes over. The reploid let's a surprised shout before switching his aim to Polar Barrier.

That would've taken him out if Ice wasn't resisted by Buster! Either way, he is marked and unhappy.

Daisy is up!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!


Daisy Vivre
Airship Bar

10/10 HP
0 AP
0 Strikes

ElegantFugue posted:

By the time Hyenard's bounced back behind the table, the sounds of piercing metal and grinding blades are already filling his ears again. He glances back to see the rather visceral death of a Legion goon via impalement, and the distinct unease with which the remaining soldiers are doing the same.
"For heck's sake, give 'em a chance to surrender already," he shouts across the room.

"He's got a point!" Daisy says. "Y-

Ignite Memories posted:

He launches another icicle claw, burying it into one of the remaining robots. His low snarl promises additional icicles are soon to follow.

Daisy does a double take, and begins speaking more urgently.

"Please surrender! At this point you can't run, you can't hide, and you definitely can't win."

Roses bloom in the field around the soldiers. Most of the buds are red, but two of them bloom as white ones, which slowly lift up to arm level for the two remaining gunners. She's offering them white flags to wave.

Moriatti on Roll20 posted:

They tremble for a moment, hesitant, but realize they are outmanned at this point and have been outgunned since the beginning, the lower their heads slightly and their cannons transform back to hands, which they raise to the air.

Daisy runs over there, getting between her teammates and them as fast as she can, and begins to "handcuff" the two soldiers with vines.

"Besides," Daisy continues, conversationally "I think this really was a misunderstanding. Think about it." She gestures to the carnage. "You definitely weren't given what you needed to take care of us. You barely even made a dent in one dinosaur before the other patched him up."

"So I really think whoever you were looking for wasn't here. And! I think that's really important information, and you should tell your superiors that exactly."

She's saying this loudly enough that her teammates hear--it is, in fact, mainly an encouragement to them not to execute the soldiers.

All this going well, Daisy then begins to pick the quickly grown roses and lay one on each fallen enemy. She then makes a flower crown, which she offers to Sawyer.

Unknown Quantity posted:

Popping back up to take a shot at the canine unit, Ruby's hand starts suffering from another case of seizure, shaking rapidly and making the ability to draw a bead all but impossible. However, glancing back at her friend right next to her, the Digger recalls a moment not unlike this before, of a sort. Her hand had been shaking just as violently from nerves when she was first offered a handshake by Daisy.

And how did I handle that one...? Oh, right. She told me to relax and...

Action Trigger - Try Again!

"And, hey--it's just a handshake, right? If you can do all that, you can definitely handle shaking my hand!"

Daisy has, of course, since come to realize that for Ruby it's the other way around. She could punch a door off its hinges no problem, but taking someone's hand without mangling it? Everything else seemed easy compared to that.

But at the time, Daisy didn't know any better. She just wanted to properly thank the woman who led her, shambling in an energy-deprived daze, out into the world for the first time in ages. Only in hindsight did she realize what a feat it was for Ruby to still her quaking hands.

"My, what a grip! Which is a phrase I picked up from--wait, people still
do handshakes, right?"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005



One of the things I like most about strike is that if we agree to set our combat goals to 'nonlethally incapacitate our enemies', then that becomes the effect of our combat without having to change our tactics or effectiveness. Granted, we may have fatalities as concessions for our strikes in combat, but we don't necessarily have to do the whole song-and-dance of trying to negotiate with people and cease hostilities when other teammates are still rolling attack dice. I know how frustrating that can be.

It's just a thing we agree on as a group, generally. I'm fine with trying to 'KO' enemies rather than necessarily shred them up if that's what y'all are interested in doing.
Maybe I freeze them mei-style instead of impaling them... mei style

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014



With the reploids sadly bound and strangely silent on the case of a potential mistaken identity, you have a bit of breathing room to talk, or, at least will once you get out of the room filling with smoke. The bartender grabs something from her register hand leaves the room with you, offering a small cache of energy crystals to you for helping her.

The bartender is nervous and standoffish, but does reward you with 100 energy crystals, you have the 3 of these characters to speak to.

Edit: I will consider everyone's targets to be non lethally incapacitated going forwards unless said otherwise. This can be changed simply by noting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012



Spring Hyenard
Normal Condition

---

Hyenard breathes a sigh of relief as Daisy convinces the Hunters to surrender, and quickly moves closer to Sawyer, ready to spri- to leap into action if the Pseudodroid needs some extra refreshers about the concept of "surrender." Slightly closer, anyway. Enough to take cover if Sawyer charges again.

"I gotta admit, that was some impressive teamwork." He glances over the group, checking for insignias or markings. "What organization are you all working for? You're obviously not Legion, proooobably not with the Steel Raiders, I don't think you're Repliforce..." He pauses for a moment as he notices an unfamiliar reverse-E sort of shape on Sawyer's body, but perks up as he checks Polar up and down. "... DSMU?"

His ponderings are interrupted by the still-spreading clouds of fog. Taking a step further away from the clouds, he asks, "so does anyone else have a plan, or shall we all just head for the exit?"


As the bartender offers out the rewards, Hyenard sheepishly refuses- "K-Keep 'em," he mumbles, avoiding her gaze, "You'll need to repair some dings here and there, anyway."

---

I'd like to do a quick check if there's any cameras along the walls, before the smoke gets too bad, then help with corralling the prisoners.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2019 around 14:28

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«6 »