Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Sawyer tears a sizeable chunk off of the Mechanaloid, easily tearing through it's armor. With a crackly voice, it retorts:
"Excessive danger noted! Draining reserve energy..."
Immediately after doing so a hiss emanates to the north.

Exposure applies your damage line twice right? So 12, plus you're super effective so another one for 13! That's a lotta damage! The white square is where the hissing is currently. This pass next initiative that entire row will be frozen, so watch out!

Ruby is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody

The mist gets in Ruby's eyes and she has to force herself to not try to wipe her face last she slap herself something fierce.

Okay, now that's just insulting. This is gonna take forever to get out of my hair! "Oh, Ruby-dono, decided to copy my look with the white highlights, huh?" Ugh, whatever. All I have to do is get at his back, and...

Using her free hand as a guide and stumbling slightly around the pipes, Ruby makes her way around the other side of her cover and stabs forward with her beam saber once she can make out the vague silhouette of her target.

-----------------------
Role Action: Quick Shift West
Move Action: Move West (costs 2), Northwest, North, North, North
Standard Action: Swing the Beam Katana at the Mechaniloid. Disadvantage from Blinded and Advantage from Flanking cancel out. Got an 8, so another 3+3 damage.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Even blind, Ruby's training and Sawyer's empowered persistence made short work of the non-combat droid, it's pieces drop to the floor with little effort.

The Reploid nearest Spring Hyenard slams his fist against the wall,
"Dammit, Sparkplug, I hope you've got an exit route for us!"

After adding in the +1 for Buster being super effective against Ice, that's enough to take down this elite.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Engineering Bay
Normal Condition
10/10 HP
1 AP
Shift Recoil Stance

---

Hyenard takes a quick moment to inspect the sides of the barrels, his eyes rapidly narrowing as he gives them a thorough check. Under his breath, he murmurs, "Swear to god, if they didn't-"
His ears perk as he hears the crackle of radio chatter coming from around the corner, approaching fast. Cutting off the search, his hands dart down to the Maglock latches, wrenching them apart with tremendous force. Ordinary TuffLok(TM) brand latches, good enough for general work but not designed to withstand a literal trash compactor- and therefore insufficient to keep out Hyenard.
"Huuup we go." A bit of grunting, some shifting and rebalancing, and Hyenard's hefted one of the barrels over his head. He carries the man-sized container out into the open, facing towards the Reploid taking cover behind the large pillar.

"OVER HERE," he shouts, waiting just a split second so the Hunter can properly turn to face him in time for the barrel to impact.

The barrel smashes against the Reploid with a clonk as the heavy metal container breaks violently over the face of the helpless robot. Hyenard glares at the broken shell for a moment, but it genuinely seems empty- empty enough that the Reploid is now rolling around inside the wobbling barrel, groaning in obvious discomfort.
"... Good," he mutters, ducking back into cover.

---

1: For Role action, I use Amazing Strength* at Heroic to wrench one of the barrels loose. I have advantage from my earlier Bonus on the Lifeboat roll.
rolling 2d6k1
( 2, 3 ) = 3
3 Success with a Cost

2: Move action to Carry the barrel a few steps north, to get a clear shot at the Hunter.

3: DK, DONKEY KONG IS HERE Throwing the barrel at the Hunter.

quote:

Barrel R5 (10 if Amazing Strength or throwing) 3D
E: Flip a coin (evens heads, odds tails if die) to determine the type of barrel thrown:
- Heads: Oil - Burst 1 difficult terrain centered on the target, the target is knocked prone, creatures attempting to stand in the zone must make a movement skill check to do so.
-Tails: Coolant - Burst 1 coolant. This zone is inert until hit by an ice-type attack, at which point it is treated as above.
Attack (5+1)=6
Damage 3 Unknown Element (x2 for Exposure)
The Cost of my roll above was chosen to be that Moriatti decides the barrel's contents, and he decided it was empty.

4: Use one more square of Movement to duck back behind the corner, keeping up my on-reaction knock-prone ability.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dr. Mann
Control room
Blinded

The doctor, as he savagely removes the infernal crap that's messing with his visive sensors, shouts at the remaining reploid.
"Alright, you junkheaded Legion scumsucker, are you going to give up or should Polar Barrier here pop your head off like the lid of an E-Can?"

quote:

Got a 4 in my unskilled intimidation roll, which is a success at a cost.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"Ok! Ok! I'm sorry! We surrender! We surrender!" The reploid says, hands in the air, though his words are almost cut short by,
"Beta team, we've retrieved the package, rendezvous at the command deck and let Model SE handle clean-up."
"Spark Plug we have been compromised, extract without us, I repeat, extract without us!"
The words come so quickly that even if you act to stop them, the message is no doubt recieved.

So that feels like a sufficient cost, we are out of combat and the ball is now back to your guys' court.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

Polar Barrier covers the reploid's mouth with his other hand, but it's too late.

"Sorry guys, that one's on me." He looks around nervously, and tosses the reploid aside. Its face collides with a nearby pipe, and it crumples to the ground.

"Comrades, I recommend that we do not wait around to find out what Model SE is." The enormous pseudoroid begins hoofing it toward the only visible exit.

"Come - these soldiers are trying to evacuate, no? Let us head them off at the command deck!"

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Engineering Bay
Normal Condition
1 AP

---

Hyenard bounds after Polar uncertainly. "That means no more coolant leaks, right?" He quietly whispers to the rest of the group, "so, uh, what package are you all trying to retrieve, anyway?"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Daisy
Engineering Bay

Before the last goon even hits the floor, Daisy is running to find a terminal to link up to. When she finds one, she lifts her left hand up, and a small cable snakes out of her wrist into the connection point. She hums to herself as she works.

It's just like old times, except instead of maintaining differing levels of humidity, she's trying to turn off lethal blasts of liquid nitrogen before the person who's been trying to kill them escapes.

Making a Computer Interface roll to turn this off while still having time to cut off their leader. With Advantage, since this is literally what she was made to do. Ends up as a 3--Success with a Cost.

If she had more time to work, this would be no problem--but the team's in a hurry. Someone had to disable multiple layers of security to make the system do what it's doing. Rather than gradually stepping down to a normal state while restoring the safeties, Daisy simply vents all the nitrogen out of an airlock. Causes a little damage, but it's better than the alternatives.

With that, she decouples herself and follows after her friends.

ElegantFugue posted:

Hyenard bounds after Polar uncertainly. "That means no more coolant leaks, right?"

"Well, it does now!" Daisy says with a thumbs up. "Just don't start any fires..."

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 1, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sawyer

Sawyer follows behind Polar and Hyenard, grunting as it looks towards the sides with a suspicious expression. "HMMM, NOT SCRAP ENEMY AFTER SURRENDER? THEY CAN FOLLOW US."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody

Finally shaking off the powder without the use of her hands, Ruby assesses the situation. They're on an airship that is now out of fire suppressant, about to have "clean-up" happen, and they want to take out everyone who's trying to leave. Right...

"Well, it's either getting rid of every witness or wiping this thing's database of our presence, and I'm not touching a keyboard. Guess I'm on-board for more enemy contact. The big guy's right though, we're going to have to do something about these other folks."

She leans in to speak very quietly to Hyenard to answer his question. "I'm after the person that made hugging my botanist friend over there harder than catching a bullet."

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Engineering Bay
Normal Condition
1 AP

---

Plutonis posted:

Sawyer follows behind Polar and Hyenard, grunting as it looks towards the sides with a suspicious expression. "HMMM, NOT SCRAP ENEMY AFTER SURRENDER? THEY CAN FOLLOW US."
"I think we got 'em pretty well under control, big guy. Between broken arms, bashed heads, and literally being shoved in a barrel like old trash, I'd be surprised if they ever want anything to do with us again. Besides, there's only one working lifeboat, and it's not even working, yet... Although, maybe I should grab those two G-Converters out just in case any of them try to get clever while we're busy with whoever Sparkplug is..."

Unknown Quantity posted:

"Well, it's either getting rid of every witness or wiping this thing's database of our presence, and I'm not touching a keyboard. Guess I'm on-board for more enemy contact. The big guy's right though, we're going to have to do something about these other folks."

She leans in to speak very quietly to Hyenard to answer his question. "I'm after the person that made hugging my botanist friend over there harder than catching a bullet."
The Pseudodroid's ears flatten against his head and his springs tighten just a hair. "O-Oh. Right, um, fair enough."

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I'm assuming defeated is sufficient enough status condition for these guys for now.

The environmental controls now safely under... Control, the trip to the command deck is trivial after Task's guidance. Once there, you see another Reploid (a similar model to the gunners, possibly the same as his weapon isn't deployed) tossing what looks to be a wingpack out of the emergency exit. One more in his hand. He turned s to you,
"Oh drek." He moans as be tries to hurriedly scramble into the wingpack he's holding.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

"Oh hey buddy," Polar Barrier begins to say, before he is interrupted by the following event -

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Normal Condition
1 AP

---

"Oh, hey, perfect! Get over here, we got some questions." Hyenard launches out one of his extendable arms, trying to grab the Reploid and YOINK him back.

---

Rolling Grapple Swing at Skilled.
[1:34 PM] BOTSidekick: @Elegant (Hyenard): 1d6 = (3) = 3
Success with a Cost

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"NONONONON-" The reploid tells as he's ganked by Hyenard's claws. The wingpack topples lazily out of the escape hatch as he's yanked to Hyenard.

"Oh you idiot, now I have to die too. I'm just the frellin' tech!"

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Normal Condition
1 AP

---

"First question- what do you mean, 'die?'"

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"I guess you wouldn't know about Model SE huh? Well, it doesn't matter, guy's delegated to clean-up for a reason."

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Normal Condition, but unnerved
1 AP

---

"Okay, second question- why don't you helpfully tell us about this 'Model SE'?"

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"He's a psycho, but when they have him the equality modifications they found he was bio metal compatible so now... Well, he's never been happy about being told he had to be improved..."

If Ruby is listening in, you may message me to have an idea of who he's talking about.

Any player may make a weapons knowledge check to have pre-existing knowledge of bio metals.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody

...Wait, someone human who didn't like the idea of augments and was certifiably crazy...It couldn't.

"Well, if Dreyce is augged now the way you say they are, it's going to be a very awkward meeting. Assuming it is him anyway."

Ruby sheathes her blade and paces, then realizes no one else is going to know the context.

"...Dreyce is someone from when I was, under protest, on the other side of this conflict."

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Normal Condition
1 AP

---

Hyenard nearly drops the Reploid as he stares at him and Ruby in alternating gawks. "Bio- like, an ACTUAL Bio Metal? H-Here? With someone merged into it?" His eyes dart over to Task.

"We should- we really need to get out of here. I was on one of the crews that handled the cleanup back when that central Slither Inc. building collapsed. They had teams go through and confiscate most of the holovid records before they shipped anything to the scrapyards, but they missed stuff here and there- I found videos of- like, people so powerful they made modern Reploids and humans look like ancient pre-equality humans."

"I thought it might be important, so I snuck some to my superiors. They told me about Bio Metals- some sorta... Semi-living modules that some individuals could merge with to power up. Humans, Reploids, Pseudodroids, they weren't sure what made someone qualified, but anyone who could merge was a massive force to be reckoned with."

Then the other part of Ruby's explanation gets through. "Other side- yyyyyou're not equipped with Bio Metal, a-are you?

---

Rolling Unskilled Weapon Knowledge about Bio Metals:
[2:51 PM] BOTSidekick: @Elegant (Hyenard): 1d6 = (5) = 5
Success without plus or minus.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody
Command Deck
Normal Condition
1 AP

It takes Ruby a few moments to process what Spring's talking about, but once he starts describing it, she realizes full well the subject and confidently answers his query. She begins flexing the fingers in her right hand, contemplating how much detail to go into before fully closing her fist.

"...No, actually, the crazy movements are just the result of my equality augments. If I had bio-metal in me I'd probably be doing Mega Man-tier stuff. All that needs to be said is at a certain point in time you and I may have been on opposite sides. But now is not that time. And that if I didn't get them, either Dreyce was deemed more deserving or I was absent at the time I'd have gone under the knife again."

----------------------------

Sidekick posted:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:06 PM
@Ruby Rhapsody: 1d6 = (6) = 6
That is...a 6 on a Skilled roll alright.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 3, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ruby and Hyenard's conversation is cut short by an explosive blast of glass and wind, which knocks Sparkplug against the wall where he slumps down.
From the wreckage, a sneering jest,
"Oh, good, I was hoping they'd meet some resistance."
A... Humanoid? It's hard to tell, they're covered in enough armor it could be either, floats in a newfound opening in the Airship's navigational window.
"And Ruby to boot, huh? Man, the briefing did not TELL ME I would be having so much FUN!"
Though their face is obscured under an eagle-shaped mask, you can still make out a cruel smile.
"And this worthless bio-metal is telling me I'm causing too much damage, that the reploid civillians in this vessel can't survive a crash, what a coward."

WARNING! A DANGEROUS FOE IS APPROACHING!

Model SE is obviously a Solo, so prepare yourselves accordingly, the Roll20 map has been updated, once everyone has rolled initiative, we'll begin!

Terrain: The consoles, chairs and lockers are available as cover. They are bolted down, however, this will not stop anyone with amazing strength (no check required) from moving it, and possibly not even those skilled in lifting (check would be required, role action, either grab the furniture and move it with you or throw it up to 5 squares.)

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 4, 2019

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody
Command Deck
Normal Condition
1 AP

He flies now?! Wait, why am I...oh, right, it's all coming back to me. Training day and the big mess that made, no thanks to this guy...

Ruby dashes herself up to a console closer towards her new opponent, puts both hands on her Buster Shot, and takes cover. "This still your idea of fun, Dreyce? Smashing anyone and anything that gets in your way? Speaking of which, did you beat my score in the kill house course yet?" She smirks and then immediately goes back down behind her cover, knowing she's about to potentially set off some anger.

The kill house was a simple exercise: breach and clear an urban environment mock-up as fast as you can, with bonuses for avoiding civilian casualties. In terms of raw time, Dreyce was unstoppable, that much was for sure. But Ruby's first serious run of the course, after factoring in bonus time from leaving all innocents alive, had a final adjusted time that exceeded the hotshot's. Needless to say, they weren't too happy getting upstaged.

If he's getting yelled at by his Bio-Metal about needless damages, then this console's going to become a pile of scrap real soon. Oh well, all I need is a good bead on his back and I can ground him. Let's just hope he'll take the bait.

-----------------------
Move Action: Trap, marking Model SE and moving north 5, to that console.
Attack Action: Hunker Down, taking full advantage of the cover the console and chair provide.
Role Action: Assess. Rolled a 4, so I'm asking: How would you summarize Model SE's powers, what are its special traits, is it carrying anything strange or unique, and what can I potentially use against 'em?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"Kill house score?! Look at me! I got the bio-metal! I won!" Dreyce yells, firing a Storm Tornado past Ruby's head. He doesn't seem to notice, he keeps on ranting,
"You always held that over me! You thought that made you so much better!" He fires another tornado at Ruby, this one hits true, knocking her and the chair behind her clear back.
"Well look at you now! Hiding like a coward, like those blasted simulated civillians, worthless!"
Model SE then floats back to behind the main console, and smiles smugly,
"So you'll share their fate, just another casualty in my path!"

First, Assess results:

Model SE has access to all of Storm Eagle's regular attacks, which historically were a charging tackle, knives shaped similar to feathers that could potentially hit multiple targets if they were spread out, and the powerful Storm Tornado which creates a line of 5 squares centered on a square within 5 from Model SE and hits all targets and pushes them around.

In addition, Dreyce as always was exceedingly aggressive and single-minded, he'll often choose a single target and focuses on destroying them with all his might first.

As known, he is carrying the Bio-Metal SE, but seems not fully merged with it, if subdued he may be seperated from it.

Finally it appears SE is Crush Affinity, so that knowledge should also help you figure a good offensive strategy.

He moves E, SE, E, E, chooses Ruby as his duel target, fires the missing Tornado (4). He then fires the one that hits (roll of 7, 3+1 for duel target for 4 damage), dislodging the chair behind you and pushing you (that chair no longer requires a check, anyone may move or throw it 5 squares.) He then moves W, W, NW ending his turn.

Daisy's turn!

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 5, 2019

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Daisy Vivre
HP: 10
Condition: Normal
AP: 0
Strikes: 0
Command Deck

"Leave her alone!" Daisy's voice cracks on that last word. Literally--it's accompanied with a small burst of static from her 500-year-old vocal synthesizer. Her eyes turn green and her body glows with light.

Daisy dashes out of cover, flinging seeds seemingly with abandon. But the fact that a few land scattered by Ruby's feet while most end up in the walls and floor near Model SE belies this haphazard approach. Suddenly, they erupt into a carpet of flora, a canopy of impossibly thick, thorny flower stems surging into the sky to wrap around SE. Tearing at their skin, tangling up their wings and gun.

Simultaneously, a bit of shrubbery grows under Ruby's feet, giving her the momentum to throw herself to cover. It's not enough to fling someone against their will, but Daisy's seen what her friend can do with just a bit of momentum.

With that, Daisy quickly dashes behind a console.

Using Tactics on Ruby to give her a move action to get behind cover. Running up behind the right end of the left console, and then using Covered in Brambles with a 10. It's super effective! SE takes 4 damage, and for his next turn he is Slowed and has Disadvantage on ranged attacks. Also, Tactics recharges.

At end of turn, dropping a patch of impassible brush to the left of the front computer; until I switch Callings, all adjacent squares are difficult terrain and that square makes anyone who walks into it prone. That is in dark green, and everything in light green is difficult terrain.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 5, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Dreyce flals in confusion,
"Vines...!? Where did- When did?"

He blast backwards to the side of the ship, disappearing from view, but his engines still clearly audible to those paying attention.

Just double moving out of there.
...Everyone else is up pretty much haha.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP

Polar Barrier moves up to give his allies more cover on the front lines. He takes aim at Model SE, but it darts out of sight before he's able to get a shot.
PB's eyes dart around, taking in the situation as he attempts to get a scan of his opponent.

---------------
Starting combat in Glacier Style
Move action: N, N, N, NW, N, N
Standard action: Prepare An Action to attack with an icicle if the enemy gets within 5 squares of me.
Role action: Assess the combat for 3.

How many HP does it have?
Are there hidden doors or traps?
Are there hidden enemies?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The enemy has 44 hp remaining,

There are not so much hidden doors as there are glass panels that can become non-blocking terrain with sufficient force (3 damage ought to do it) and what used to be an emergency exit door which is currently open.

No hidden enemies, they've all retreated, and no traps were set up but the grates on those fans could probably be removed...

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Normal Condition
10/10 HP
1 AP
Shift Recoil Stance -> Extended Reach Stance

---

Hyenard slams his back against the nearest console, his springs grinding slightly from their tension. A Bio Metal, a Bio Metal is trying to kill them- one of the few things Repliforce did know about Bio Metal users was that, although they could find a surprisingly large amount of evidence for multiple Pseudodroid Mega Men, they couldn't find any evidence of Pseudodroid Mega Men surviving encounters with other Bio Metal users- and Hyenard sure as hell didn't have a Bio Metal of his own! And now he's trapped here on this flying death trap, being hunted by an apparently literal psychopath wearing a Bio Metal like some sort of macabre necrotic Halloween costume, and- wait, what was Ruby doing?

He peeks just the slightest bit out past the edge of the console, but jerks back behind its limited protection as a gigantic whirlwind smashes just inches from Ruby's position, ripping a large metal floor-affixed chair airborne and crashing it against the console hard enough to leave the Pseudodroid swaying and jingling. When the second windstorm picks up and Ruby lets out a pained cry, he just shuts his eyes and braces himself for- huh? Even Daisy was...?

The harmless-looking Reploid, armed with nothing more than seeds and light, rushing into battle to help Ruby...? Even with that monster tearing the ship apart? But she's going to get deleted if that maniac so much as- how can she- did she just drive him off?

Hyenards memories posted:

"Beetle! We need to get out of here."
"What's wrong, Hawk? We've almost got this wall secured, do we have time to-"
"There's a gang of Raiders speeding this way from North-North-East. Gotta be almost a dozen. Let's get everyone we can and leave before-"
"People live here, Hawk. We promised to help them defend their village in exchange for these parts. We will defend it."
"Hold on, Beetle- we have the parts, and all we agreed to was helping them bolster their defenses- we got them some guns, and we reinforced their barricades. Hawk's right, if we leave now, we can probably jet before the Raiders are even in visual range, and-"

Beetle held up a hand to cut off Myre mid-sentence, and there was the usual brief pause that indicated the Pseudodroid was thinking deeply. Hyenard's focus had been frantically swapping between trying to drive a final post in place, and monitoring the discussion between the more experienced members of the Cell, but he'd have sworn that he saw Beetle's insectoid eyes flicker towards him for just a moment before the Pseudodroid stated, "It's not just about what we personally get for ourselves, Myre, we're trying to do good here- but even then, we don't know when we'll need more items from the craftspeople who live here. They won't be eager to trade if we leave them near helpless with weapons they've never used before and a defensive wall missing an entire segment. Assuming any are left at all."

Myre gave a derisive snort and an overdramatic bow. "You're the leader, Beetle. So what's your leader-y plan for us surviving twelve armed-to-the-teeth bandits all by our lonesome four selves?"
"Hawk, go warn the villagers, tell them to bring their new guns and everyone who has any weapon skills at all and get them in position atop the portions of the defenses we have completed. Myre, find cover and hide, like you always do. Between Shield Barricade and Spring Wrap, Hyenard and myself should be able to slow them down long enough for some stealth backstabbing and blaster fire to thin their numbers to something we can handle."
"... This is a dumb plan," Myre seethed, even as he leaped behind some nearby shrubs and seemed to vanish away.
"Yeah, but they're dumb raiders," Hawk pointed out as he soared over the wall. "I'll be back ASAP, Beetle."

"... Well, he is a dumb maniac," Hyenard mutters, and takes a deep breath. He shakes himself to loosen up- neither a small nor a quiet feat given his construction- and glares at the windows and walls, listening to the angry roar of turbines moving in unknown directions outside. He leaps forward, darting around the console and grabbing the upturned chair.
"Daisy, keep behind this- and stay low!"
Defensive positions for allies, and an element of surprise-
His clawed arms launch upwards, punching through the ceiling and latching in place. He follows them upwards, and grapples onto the ceiling with his powerful springs.
... But yes, this IS a dumb plan.

---

1: For Move action, I circle around to the other side of the console Hyenard was hiding behind.

2: I then use Amazing Strength* (Heroic) to automatically lift up the broken command chair and toss it in front of Daisy, to protect her from attacks to the east.

3: Switching to Extended Reach stance, hoping to bounce Model SE about on a successful surprise attack and hoping the next part of my plan will help me avoid danger...

4: Rolling Grapple Swing (Skilled) to latch onto the ceiling and hide there, since Model SE isn't watching the room and therefore surely wouldn't notice someone really really high up because none of us have fancy wings-
Roll 2
2 Twist
son of a

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Engineering Bay
Blinded
Role Boosts Available: Tactics
Encounter Powers Available: Terrain, Bomb Belt

Dr. Mann followed the exchange between Ruby and this SE character with a grimace. Nothing worse than an old enemy coming back to haunt you.

His reactions weren't as quick as the ones of his younger compatriots, but he didn't hesitate. He dashed forward, throwing one of his (few, precious) nanite grenades onto Ruby. "Hey, kid! Catch!"
Once in position, between Polar Barrier and the console, his grenade launcher was fully sprung. He closed one eye and kept a look-out for SE. If his hunch was right, he was going to go for the robot who had forced him to retreat...

Move Action: Straight forward for 5 squares.
Role action: using Heal on Ruby.
Attack action: gets converted in another move action to move 4 more squares forward
Free action: using my Sentinel class feature on Daisy

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody
Command Deck
Normal Condition
1 AP

Oh crud oh crud oh crud--

Getting the wind knocked both into and out of her chest, Ruby goes sailing backwards with recoil from her injury. Thankfully, Daisy, ever helpful, is there to give her enough of a push to lean her body forward again. Using this, she dives ahead and gets right back behind her blockade.

Way too close there. And he left at the first sign of real harm. Wait...

Ruby begins putting together pieces of logic while she tries to steady herself and ready to fire. The sensation of small nanomachines working to piece together whatever was damaged is discomforting up until she can finally take a deep breath again.

Alright Dreyce, just show your face one more time. I've got a turnabout waiting for you.

-----------------------------------------

Ruby went back behind cover and took the Advantage bonus from Heal. She's gonna Ready an action to fire on Model SE the second he gets in range.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Model SE burst through the side of the command deck wall with an explosive tornado and is immediately hit with a team ready to fire upon him.
"Look at you fools, one of you is trying to hi- EAURGH!"
A blast hits him square on, clipping his wings:

Unkown Quantity in Roll20 posted:

Ruby Rhapsody snaps to their target and fires their first shot, which very much sails far off to Model SE's side. As they turn to see the shot fly by, however, Ruby fires again, hitting the flight unit dead-on.
"HOLD IT!"
Model SE tumbles to the ground, as he tries to stand,

Unkown Quantity in Roll20 posted:

"You still don't get why that was, even now? Then let me spell it out." She slams both hands onto the console. "You never understood the point of the scoring system because you put your life and safety above everyone else's. That saving innocents was always worth the extra time and effort."
Ruby Rhapsody draws and points her saber at Model SE. "The fact that I knew and followed that despite hating the place shows just how much of a thug you really are! You don't deserve that Bio-Metal, let alone the rank of soldier! TAKE THAT!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXjZGp7rXA
An icicle missile whizzes past Dreyce as he stands, furious.
"YOU DARE TO LECTURE ME YOU TRAITOR?!?!" He screams, as he blast a Storm Tornado right at Ruby, hitting Dr. Mann in the process.
"YOU AND YOUR BAND OF CRIMINALS?!" Another blast, this one hits Hyenard, knocking the reploid to the floor.
"WELL YOU ARE GONNA LEARN, I VALUED MY OWN LIFE HIGHER BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN THESE IMITATIONS OF LIFE!" Frothing at the mouth, Dreyce rips pieces of his busted flight-suit off and tosses them at Daisy and Ruby, hitting both square on.
"AND I'LL STAY BETTER!" Dreyce continues,
"Because I'm the strongest warrior in the leg-"

Dreyce's role action is for him to bust through the room, which he does, after rolling a 6.
He takes all of the readied attacks at this point. Ruby's removes flying
He then uses his standard to Storm Tornado both Ruby and Dr. Mann for 4 and 6 damage respectively, uses an AP to hit Hyenard for 6, ending his turn.
His next turn he begins by using razor feathers on Daisy and Ruby (the only legal targets, his 3rd misses as everyone is too close together) for 3 and 4 damage.
He then runs to get into cover, underestimating Spring Hyenard who was waiting....

Daisy is up!

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 8, 2019

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Bloodied Condition
4/10 HP
1 AP
1 Strike
Extended Reach Stance
Out of Turn Reaction

---

The huge gust of wind smashes Hyenard hard, crushing him into the ceiling- and from the shout Model SE nearly got off upon re-entry, it seems Hyenard's plan really had been quite dumb. But not as dumb as Model SE's plans.

Hyenard takes the impact full on, without defense, and grits his teeth at the force. He can take a lot of damage, but this is a lot of damage- all of it pushing against him, flattening him. A dangerous tension... But one Hyenard was literally built to use. His springs, creaking in strain but still very intact, unleash the stored pressure in a violent lunge only just barely under any semblance of control.

The Pseudodroid blurs straight downward, landing full-force on Dreyce's head with a snarl. "Shut UP."

---

TRAP CARD ACTIVATED:
Long Reach Knockdown: Encounter, Reaction, Free Action; Trigger: An enemy moves adjacent to you. Reaction: You may knock them prone.

Normally Hyenard needs a Spring Mine to pull this off, but turns out he makes a pretty good Spring Mine in the right circumstances!

Also taking advantage of the opportunity attack afforded by the attempted movement, dealing 2 Crush Damage via Goomba Footstool headstomp (doubled for Exposure).

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 8, 2019

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Daisy Vivre
HP: 6/10
Condition: Normal
0 AP

The room swims as a piece of metal collides directly with Daisy's head. She staggers, but keeps her feet. When things come back into focus, the first thing she notices is just how bad her friend's wounds are.

"RUBY!" she shouts. Her right arm becomes a cannon, and she sweeps it across her friend's body, and across the patch of plants she'd just used to boost her into cover.

"You don't know a thing about life!" The grass begins to writhe. "You think yours is uniquely special, but your every word is one I've heard before, whenever I asked someone what they needed shelter from. Every life I've saved--every life I didn't save--all they wanted was to live free of people like you!"

Flowers bloom, turning towards Dreyce. Like the sun is painted on his chest.

"And if you really valued your life so much? You would have just kept flying away."

A massive burst of pollen blasts him in the face...to absolutely no discernible effect. Daisy slinks behind the console.

---

Free action: switch to Calling the Green World, which causes all the difficult terrain I created to disappear. The dark-green patch stays, but becomes growing plants instead--if an enemy lands in them, it's grabbed; if they're adjacent to it, when I attack I get a chance to grab them.

Role action: Heal on Ruby; she gets 5 HP back and gets to pick from the menu of Heal choices.

Attack action: Intoxicate. Rolled a 2, so that's another Strike.

Move action to move one square NW.

End of turn, create another patch of growing plants two squares to the left of the chair that's one square SW of Hyenard.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 8, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Dreyce braces for another devastating blast but laughs mockingly as the pollen explodes around his face.
"I guess you were just a one trick 'droid huh?" He chortles while standing,
"Suits me fine, and you..." Dreyce turns to Hyenard, and throws a right chop that would have ripped the salvage droid's arm off... If he hadn't gone clean between the gaps in it's springs. Dreyce looks suprised for a moment, then smirks at Hyenard's dodge, a fraction of a second too late.
"I guess you're the brains of the operation, huh? Maybe I'll keep your processor on my trophy wall."

Move action to stand, standard attack which misses.
Polar Barrier, Spring Hyenard and Doctor Mann are all up.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Command Deck
Normal Condition
8/10 HP
0 AP
1 Strike
Mega Reach Stance -> Mega Recoil Stance

---

Hyenard's springs continue to slide up and down for a brief period, a bizarre movement that Dreyce's training clearly didn't prepare him to fight against. The force of the swing makes his coils rattle, but Hyenard himself is unharmed.

He feels a sort of... not quite Zen, but a balance. The panic is gone for now. He might be in over his head, way over his head, but getting his head up high is what his springs are for. If the others can handle this, he can handle this.
Is this what Beetle always felt like? Able to look at things just detached enough to think clearly, but just involved enough to feel the situation out?

The Pseudodroid handflips backwards, looking more like a clawed Slinky than a living creature. "I'm smarter than you, jackass-" Dreyce couldn't have hoped to land a clean hit against such a weird motion if he'd tried. Hyenard looks as if he's going to keep on flipping, but instead suddenly whips around with an inhumanly outstretched arm. "-and that'll do for now!" It catches his foe with a clean smash on the right side of Dreyce's torso. The meaty CRUNCH of impact is joined with a clanging jingle of various Spring Mines clasping around the humanoid's limbs and snagging them tight as he's sent bouncing across the floor.

Hyenard pauses for a moment, staring at the bound and far-flung Dreyce as if shocked at what he'd just managed to pull off. Then sanity kicks back in and he's looking for somewhere to hide. "Ruby, Polar, he's gift-wrapped, PLEASE open your present!"

---

1: Free Action to be relieved at surviving a direct strike.

2: For Move action, I Shift left one square.

3: Use Overextend as a Free Action:
Encounter, Free Action; On your next attack, treat your stances as though they were one tier higher for the effect and add one to the damage line of the attack. Until the start of your next turn, treat all your stances as though they were one tier higher for the passive effect.
Upgrades my Stance to Mega Reach:
Add the following Effect to all your melee attacks: Slide target 4 squares.

4: Rally as a No Action:
Encounter, No Action, Special (use at any point/condition during your turn); Spend an Action Point. Regain 4 Hit Points and regain the use of one Encounter Power from your Class you have expended.
Regaining Overextend.

5: For Role Action, Spring Mine Wrap to Weaken Model SE:
At-Will, Ranged 5; Target is Weakened until the end of its next turn.

6: For Attack Action, Melee Basic, using my Reach 4 to hit despite the distance.
Attack (3 + 6) = 9
Damage 3 Crush (x2 for Exposure) = 6
Effect See Stance.
Role When you roll a 6+ on an attack, you may choose to either Slow the target until the end of its next turn, or to slide the target 3 squares.

Choosing to Slow target and Slide them Up+Left, then Up+Left again, adjacent to Ruby and within range of Polar/Mann.

7: Stance Change as a Free Action:
Mega Recoil: Add the following Effect to all your melee attacks: At the start of your next turn, if Target is within 2 squares of one or more creatures, you may choose to swap it with one of those creatures, and deal 1 damage to one or both creatures.
Passive: When you take damage from an attack or trap, you may shift 2 squares immediately afterwards.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 8, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP

Polar Barrier, tired of being ignored all day, stomps up to Model SE and grabs him by the shoulders.

"It is clear you are not emotionally stable enough to responsibly command the use of this biometal," he says calmly.

---------------
Switching to Avalanche Style
Move action: S, SE
Standard action: Melee Attack model SE. 2+3=Miss. However, using the Miss Token i should have from my whiffed prepared attack, I will upgrade it to a Glancing Hit and Grab Model SE.
Role action: Mark Model SE.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Engineering Bay
0 AP
Role Boosts Available: None
Encounter Powers Available: Terrain [Role]

A decidedly undoctorly smile was painted on the doctor's lips as he tapped the ammo reader. The old touchscree monitor flipped betweem several types of ammo before it reached what the doctor was looking for: a dull green fire icon, accompanied by the words PHLOGISTON BOMB.

He aimed up and shot; a green grenade described an elegant arc as it flew over Polar Barrier's head and landed straight on Model SE. It burst into an explosion of green flames as it impacted with the Legion warrior.

"Ah! How's that for some civilian firepower, you rustbrained peacock!" the doctor taunted as he scampered behind a nearby chair, to put something between his opponent and himself. Despite his taunts, he could feel that he had taken several structural damage, and he didn't trust his old chassis to endure another hit like that.

"You! Plant girl! Get outta here, he might use that tornado thing again."

Attack action: using Bomb Belt to shoot a Fire Bomb at SE. I got a 5, which should be a miss, but it counts as a full hit thanks to the effect of Bomb Belt, although it does mean that I am now out of Fire Bombs. That's 3 damage, plus 2 ongoing damage, without accounting for exposure and type differences.
Move action: Moving SW, SW, NW to find cover behind the chair
Role action: Using Tactics on Daisy. She gets a move action.
Free action: using Sentinel on Hyenard. If SE gets close to him, he gets 2 damage automatically.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 9, 2019