Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sawyer
11/13 HP
1 AP

Sawyer looks in confusion at the flower crown, and picks it with the tip of one of his large claws, examining for a while before carefully putting it atop his head. All these people who helped during the fight seem to be quite keen on approaching him, specially the doggy Pseudoroid that now is trying to pry on him. "SAWYER SERVES MASTER SIGMA. SERVED? MUST SERVE."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"Th-thank you!" The bartender says, pocketing the crystals. Her and the reploids then give a concerned look to Sawyer when he mentions Sigma.

"The boogeyman from the fairy-tales?"

ElegantFugue posted:

I'd like to do a quick check if there's any cameras along the walls, before the smoke gets too bad, then help with corralling the prisoners.

you see nothing of notice, I'll inform you if this changes.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody

Oh jeez, not the Sigma stuff again. Maybe if we change the subject we can still spin this around into something positive.

"Right, so. First off, are you going to be alright? Second..."

Ruby sheathes her saber and holsters her pistol, going back to the bartender and picking up one of the remaining glasses, steady enough to avoid damaging it after some deep breathing.

"For context, we're a bunch of victims of circumstance and bad luck, mostly on part of some bad eggs that spoil the whole Legion basket. Needless to say, we've kind of come to expect that when Legion shows up armed, we're about to get dragged into a big mess."

She slowly sips from and sets down the glass, then shows the handle of her beam katana, and the fingerprints practically burnt onto the grip.

"In my case, this grip's about as dense as the blast door that this place no longer has, and yet this keeps happening just by maintaining a 'firm hold' on it. It took some conscious effort to not shatter the glass my drink came in when I first arrived. Quite the 'Legion-mandatory augmentation,' ain't it?"

She puts the scabbard back at her side and takes a seat at a stool, trying her best to still look resolute and not like someone trying to get pity.

"Point is, we're going to have to leave before more trouble follows us, and we'd appreciate it if you'd if nothing else do us the courtesy of not making things harder on us than they already are."

--------------------------

I'm trying to persuade her into either keeping quiet or perhaps disclosing something that might help us get out of here with as little fuss as possible, make everyone's lives easier. Or, you know, at least helping our image.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The Bartender nods steadily.
"There are lifeboats on this vessel of course... I'm not very familiar with how to use them, but I know where they are, all staff need to."
She looks around, as if figuring out if that would be useful.
"I'm Task, by the way, since I'm probably now a criminal too."

That explanation seems to be all that was needed. Task appears ready to help.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dr. Ebenezer Mann
The doctor shrinks back his grenade launcher, murmuring something rude about the Legion.

"Wouldn't be so sure of it, Task. Act like you were an innocent hostage and you can walk away from this to sell rotgut another day."

"Let's get to these lifeboats and see if we can make a break for it."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sawyer

"MASTER... REAL." Sawyer snarls at Task and grabs him with his jaw, lifting him aloft but while a scary move, the Reploid is probably safe from danger. Sorta. "HOSTAGE ACQUIRED. SAWYER SEND YOU BACK WHEN SAFE. YOU OTHERS. WAY TO ESCAPE."

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Normal Condition

---

"Whoa, big guy!" Hyenard does his best to make slow, unthreatening placating motions. "Hey, how about I watch over- er, acquire the 'hostage?' That leaves you with all your limbs free if we run into any other Legion soldiers, after all."

---

Whether Sawyer accepts or refuses, I'm gonna start moving to the next room.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 23, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

"Lead us to the lifeboats, Comrade, and you can choose to escape this place or stay at your own discretion.

We will keep you safe."

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Task looks thankfully at Hyenard as she's set down.
"Yeah, they're over here."
The walk through the hall is fairly tense, though no patrols are spotted, and upon reaching the lifeboats, it becomes apparent why: they're all destroyed, twisted and broken in their bays.
"Oh... oh no..." Task says, shock going over her again.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Normal Condition

---

"Well, SOMEONE's playing for keeps," Hyenard growls. Turning to one of the hunters, he demands, "What's going on here? Who or what are you all after, anyway?"

---

Roll Intimidation or something comparable, I imagine?

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 23, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

sounds good to me.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Normal Condition
1 AP

---

Rolling Intimidation unskilled:
rolling 1d6
(2)
Twist

Oops.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 23, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"We weren't given the full details, only th- AAAH!" The reploid's scream ends their explanation as they are blasted by nitro from the ship's fire suppression system, freezing them almost instantly. The pipes above you begin to hiss with a suddenly very intimidating intention.

You guys will need to take cover, dash down the hall, or otherwise deal with this problem. Except.... Polar Barrier, this stuff likely won't effect him too much.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Daisy Vivre

Daisy stays quiet through most of the following conversations, instead focusing on cleaning up the flora left in her fighting style's wake. Unless potted, all these plants would die quickly, and there's no time for that; the most she can do is put them in the trash. What kind of airship doesn't compost? she asks herself. There are a lot of situations she barely knows how to handle; following her programmed functions makes them easier to deal with.

The sudden blast of nitrogen snaps her out of it. She immediately ducks behind Polar Barrier--a strategy that served her fairly well in the previous combat--and begins looking around for any kind of interface point.

If there is a terminal nearby: Daisy will attempt to use Computer Interface to turn off the fire suppression and, if possible, find out where it was activated from.

If she doesn't find one, she asks--"Task! Where's the nearest terminal? I was built to manage systems like this, I can shut this down!"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

It takes Polar Barrier a couple of seconds to realize that something bad has happened.

"Hm? ...Oh."

He gingerly places a hand over daisy and task's heads, and attempts to shepherd them to safety (or to the nearest terminal.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sawyer

No carrying in mouth. Ok then. Sawyer grunts and dashes forward, following the others, as it's probably more likely that they know the way out than him.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"All of the weather controls are handled from the engineering bay!" Task yells, hoping to be helpful.

I would like the evasions to be made as checks if possible, to help automate a bit, there will be no distinction in this case between twist and cost, either will get you frozen partially, slowing you for the first turn of the next encounter and giving disadvantage to skills that are difficult while frozen. Polar Barrier may use his check to aid a team-mate, or Task, though Task is not a combatant and seems to be a low priority target for the Legion.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Daisy

"Point the way, then!"

As they run, she makes sure to stay covered by Polar Barrier's paw, and holds onto the brim of her hat for extra fortitude.

Is Endure Elements a relevant skill here? If so, she's doing that. If not, untrained skill check for staying covered by a big friendly animal. I roll for Totoro! And get a 2.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Normal Condition (for now)
1 AP

---

Hyenard recoils from the flash-frozen Hunters. "J-Jeez..." He's clearly not comfortable with the ice, and is creaking and shaking here and there as he launches himself behind Polar. His movements are sharp and jerky, lunging and crouching while glancing around nervously. "L-Lead the way!"

---

Rolling Spring Dash* at Skilled:
Roll 3
3 Success with a Cost

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

"This is a really nice hat."

Rolling skilled Endure Elements check to shield daisy, I get a 6! I declare as my bonus that Task is also safe.

e: oh actually i guess if i'm just aiding daisy's action all i do is raise her result to 3. misread.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 23, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

for all of you getting success with cost, choose disadvantage or slow for 1 turn. Otherwise proceed!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I'll take slow, gotta be careful not to crack those springs after rapid temperature changes.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Daisy
Running down a freezing corridor

"It's my favorite! Too bad it's no longer seasonably appropriate, though...thanks for the extra cover!"

Daisy continues racing towards the engineering bay, hoping to make it there before her knees freeze up.

I'll take Slow as well.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 23, 2019

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Freezing corridor

The doctor says something that should not be repeated in polite company when the fire suppression system turns on. He dashes away, his weathered Mad Marvin's All-Weather-Proof Coating shielding him from the worst of the freezing gas.

"Thumbtacks!" He growls, scratching his chin. "Have you seen the state those lifeboats were in? Those legion rustbrains! I'd need lots of material to put them back in working order..."

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Freezing Corridor
Slowed 1 turn next combat Back to normal
1 AP

---

Hyenard pauses, and for his carelessness gets a sharp burst of chill- not enough to hurt, but enough to make him start to frost up. "You sure? They look like they tried to break them in a hurry, there's gotta be enough parts between them all to put at least ONE in working order..."

This... THIS, Hyenard knows. He takes a deep breath, and starts rummaging through the lifeboats. A few parts are flung across the room, a couple words are murmured, metal zips from one spot to another, and in mere moments he's finishing up slapping two final good-as-new G-Converters into the least-damaged boat. "You can get another dozen years outta this thing, easy. Won't look pretty, but it's got more than enough working parts- at least, it does now." His springs creak softly in pride as he bows to Dr. Mann- then he's frantically lunging behind Polar again as another burst of coolant narrowly misses his head.

---

Rolling Scavenge Scrap at Skilled, Linked Roll for Dr. Mann:
Roll 6
6 Success with a Bonus
Bonus as warming up enough to cancel my earlier Slow Cost.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 23, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

While Hyenard is right, given some care the lifeboats could be repaired, Dr. Mann also knew he had neither the time, nor tools to truly accomplish this. There was also the constant barrage of fire suppressant wasn't making things any easier.

if you have access to them, the lifeboats can be repaired using a unit of downtime at no additional cost. however, you'll have to find another way off the ship, or remove the threat. Once Ruby and Sawyer have dealt with the freezing blast, we'll move to the engineering bay.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sawyer

The large dinosaur runs as fast as he can behind the others, eventually overcoming them as he goes on a mad sprint in front of him, smashing through another door at the evacuation lifeboat chamber with a powerful thud as he smashes his way inside! "OH YEAHHHH!"

Rolled Dash Heroic, got a 6 so using a BIG BONUS to trample my way there!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 23, 2019

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody

A corridor of freezing mist? Should be easy enough. Dodging the air is hard, but dodging the pipes? Simple. Ruby gets herself in position, then takes off sprinting, trying to duck and weave past each sprayer and simply shake off any cold that comes onto her. Unfortunately, Ruby's body acts before her mind does, and zigs when it should have zagged. Incoming Rubsicle!

-------------------

I uh, rolled a 1 on Running past all of these things. It's safe to say Ruby's a popsicle going into the next encounter. For conditions, if it's the same two as before, Slowed.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Slowed it is, as a twist, the crash made a very loud noise near the engineering bay, so you will not be able to get a jump on the enemies in there, that said...

The crash of pipes has alerted the gunners hiding in the engineering bay and they turn towards you, only to be knocked back by Sawyer's expert charge. One of them looks up and slams a button on a nearby terminal, and a large mechanaloid emerges from one of the three storage bays, eyes glowing menacingly.

I'll populate and focus on the map as soon as work slows down (no later than 7 and likely before 5, EST) though I don't remember if I uploaded the Mechanaloid sprite this morning so we may have a temporary placeholder from my library. I would suggest rolling initiative in the meantime.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Engineering Bay
Normal Condition
10/10 HP
1 AP
Starting in my new Shift Recoil Stance in case I've made a horrible mistake.

---

Still in the groove after his (admittedly not yet helpful) junk work, Hyenard bounds after Sawyer and lands next to the massive reptile with a clanging rattle.

---

Rolling Initiative:
[2:21 PM] BOTSidekick: @Elegant (Hyenard): 1d6 = (6) = 6
6 LET'S GO

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 24, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Map is live on Roll20, please feel free to arrange yourselves in the purple box.

Airship Encounter 2: Sabotoeurs
Objective: gain control of the environmental controls

Terrain:
- The concrete barriers are solid and completely obscure line of sight, the crates and pipes provide cover.
- The crates are maglocked and it would take more than just force to topple or move them.
- The pipes are cover, and can be destroyed, doing so will create a burst of whatever flows through them, and may have an effect on the airship's performance! They are also difficult terrain as you move under or over them.

Special:
- Hissing from the fire-suppressant system will be marked with a red square, on a turn following that, it will turn into a burst of freezing energy, dealing 2 ice damage and inflicting slow UEoNT.

(If you move terrain, please mark so, also ask any questions you would like.)

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 25, 2019

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Ruby Rhapsody

The layer of ice that formed over her and caused her to slide forward breaks off as she crashes. That being said, aside from that the digger seems to be unharmed, if visibly still covered in frozen water droplets. Attempting to recompose herself, she shuffles her way over to the nearest opponent and takes a swing. Said swing, unlike before, has an actual telegraphed motion to it and comes out about as fast as one would expect from a human, but finds its mark. She then takes a step back, near the pipes. She'd be ready to tear into her target if she was in range when the ice comes off.

On the one hand, actual inhibition! On the other hand, COLD COLD COLD COLD COLD.

----------------------------------------------

Move action: use Trap to go Northwest Northwest, targeting the dude I'm swinging at.
Standard Action: Swing with beam saber. Got an 8, so 3 damage.
Role action: Quick Shift to go Southwest. Slowed doesn't stop role action shifts, after all.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ruby is able do de-limb her target with ruthless effectiveness, he falls to the ground, clearly not expecting to have done so so quickly

With exposure, you exceeded the goon's damage threshold, and have disabled him.

Crush Hyenard is next

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Spring Hyenard
Engineering Bay
Normal Condition
10/10 HP
1 AP
Shift Recoil Stance (Staying in this one, I wanna be able to flee if things go wrong)

---

Hyenard flows from his loud landing in a smooth bounce, returning to the air and flying across the near side of the room. He glances to the side mid-leap and flings a large Spring at one of the Gunners, ensnaring the Reploid's gun-arm in a jittering, bouncing coil of metal that will make aiming for vitals all but impossible. He turns back just in time to smash his powerful clawed crusher arms into another Gunner, bashing that Reploid's own limbs with impressive force.
At that point, he finally takes a second to steady himself and assess the battlefield he's hastily thrown himself into- including the massive hulking pile of what looks like a mixture of heavy armor and rocket launchers at the far end of the-

With a tense, "yeek," Hyenard dashes around the nearest corner he can see, pressing up against the wall and warning his teammates, "Keep an eye in back- they've got SERIOUS backup!"

... Hm. Barrels. Large, heavy barrels. Maybe...?

---

1: For Role action, I throw a Spring Mine Wrap (Range 5) at the upper left prone enemy:
Target is Weakened until the end of its next turn.

2: I then Spring Launch (Charging Attack) up and right to hit the Prone enemy nearest the barrels.
Attack (1+5)=6
Damage 2 Crush (But, x2 for Exposure, right?)
Role Bonus: if the enemy survives, I'll Slow him, unless Polar wants him slid closer, in which case Polar can slide him up to 3 squares.

3: Move regularly right and up to duck in the niche between the wall and barrels, which should give me cover from enemies for now. Enemies are prone, so no risk of Opportunity attacks.

I'm also going to plan to use my Long Reach feat bonus to knock an adjacent enemy Prone once per encounter if any enemies somehow get near me. Indicating that with a yellow aura- when that's up, I've still got my knockdown Feat and wish to use it on Reaction if any enemy moves Adjacent to me.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 26, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The gunner jumps to his feat, looking at his fallen allies, he jumps behind one of the machine pillars.
"What are you waiting for, Sparkplug? Activate it now!"
he then furiously rips at the spring-trap on his arm.

Now that he's adjacent to the barrels, he can see they are largely lubricants and coolant, heavy, but not explosive...

Move action: Stand from Prone
Attack action: Convert to move, run behind pillar.

Special: The barrels can be lifted with Amazing Strength, or any professional use of magnets (construction and destructive compaction would both do, for instance.) Deactivating the magnets will unlock all 3 at once. The barrels when used as an attack consume that player's attack action, and works as such:
Barrel R5 (10 if Amazing Strength or throwing) 3D
E: Flip a coin (evens heads, odds tails if die) to determine the type of barrel thrown:
- Heads: Oil - Burst 1 difficult terrain centered on the target, the target is knocked prone, creatures attempting to stand in the zone must make a movement skill check to do so.
-Tails: Coolant - Burst 1 coolant. This zone is inert until hit by an ice-type attack, at which point it is treated as above.

Doctor Mann is up!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Freezing corridor

The doctor-engineer quickly dashed in front of Sawyer, grenade launcher at the ready. He eyes the turret some way away; those rocket launchers looked pretty dangerous. His fingers moved to the dial on his grenade launcher; he flipped it hurriedly until the little screen attached to it read SMOKE; then he knelt down to brace, closed one eye, took aim, and shot a grenade towards the turret.

Unfortunately, the explosion was smaller than anticipated, and didn't manage to dent the turret's armor. Cursing the manufacturer, taking advantage of honest bots like him, he ran behind a pipe for cover.

"Polar Barrier! Step lively, son!"

-Move action: Spend 3 movement to get in front of Sawyer.
-Attack action: I use my Bomb Belt encounter power. I got a 6, so I get either damage or effect. I choose the effect.
-I spend the rest of my movement to dive behind the pipe on the left.
-Finally I use my Role action, Tactics to give Polar Barrier a move action immediately.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The Mechaloid sparks to life, looking directly at the group of apparent outlaws,
"Do not fear! I will put out the fire!" A prerecorded voice tinnily scratched from an outdated voice box.
The mechalood zooms forwards, it's right leg intermittently cutting, moving it behind the large column.
"Fire spotted! Launching granular suppression system!" It raises one of it's cannons and shoots a ball forward, in the second the ball is in the air, it's clear from the way it's put together that it's been tampered with.

It explodes upon impact with Sawyer, hitting him square in the face with a solid impact, and exploding into a cloud of blinding powder which coats Polar Barrier, Ruby, Doctor Mann and Daisy.

From the mechaloid nearest to Crush Hyenard's comm link, Crush can hear,
"Sorry Jack, had a last minute mod to make based on that footage you sent me. How'd you like it?"

"Yeah, yeah, very impressive, Sparkplug" the female gunner growls as she ducks behind the nearest pillar.

The mechaloid double moves, and spends an AP on it's encounter power, burst 3 centered on Sawyer's top left square. He rolls miss or damage/effect on everyone but Sawyer, whom he gets damage on, it's 8 damage for that dini (4*2 for exposure.)

The gunner stands and shifts.

Polar Barrier or Sawyer the Spindroid are up!

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 26, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP

Polar Barrier, seeing the reploid inching away, takes a step forward and grabs his head like a doorknob. He snarls and gestures threateningly at the mechaniloid.

---------------
Switching to Avalance Style - if an enemy misses me while i have an enemy Grabbed, the Grabbed enemy takes 2 damage.
Move action: NE
Standard action: Basic Melee Attack with my big icy mitts on the nearby reploid. 4+2 = Damage and Effect.
Role action: Mark the mechaniloid.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Daisy
HP 10/10
AP 0

Having taken a full blast of nitrogen to the legs, and then further blinded by ice, Daisy is not doing too well. But seeing Sawyer take the brunt of the attack and get shredded for it, she's more worried about him. Her right hand retracts, turning her arm into a cannon. Lime green light gathers in front of it, and then erupts, bathing Sawyer in light. For a moment, Sawyer's body is a bright green shadow.

The flower crown on his head roils, and then begins to grow. It pries the powder off his eyes and gently coils around his body, pulling closed the tears the spinoroid has suffered, covering him in roses and their thorns. With a spray of flower petals, the light passes, revealing Sawyer to be fully repaired, crackling with green energy, and overflowing with vitality.

"Tear it up, big guy!" Daisy yells, as she ducks behind a corner...and wonders if her creator would be angry to see her use that on a Sigma reploid.

---

Role Action: Heal on Sawyer, who managed to save to end the blindness. Attack action: Pharmacopia on Sawyer, healing him 1, and granting him Regeneration 2, +2 Speed and one extra damage every time he hits. Move action: NE. End of turn, creating a bed of roses one square up from Sawyer, which automatically grabs anyone that walks into it, and has a chance to grab adjacent enemies when I spend an attack.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sawyer

13/13 HP
1 AP

The massive dinosaur robot lets out a deafening roar, power overwhelming thanks to Daisy's help! These puny little dolls who kept shooting and attacking him... They must be scrapped. But first of all, it's the big cannon that sent out its artillery against him. "SAWYER... SAWS!" He charges out, focusing on the cannon only, green waves energy leaving his body as he curls into a ball, the large saw blade on his back now extending into a large spinning saw that cuts through the floor itself as he slices his way towards the artillery Pseudodroid, bisecting it with a horrifying noise!

Saved against blind! Moving towards the Cannon 'droid, dueling it and using Ain't No One Else Around. I roll a 2 but thanks to duel that turns into a 4. Damage boos plus Daisy's bonus makes it EIGHT damage.