Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dr. Ebenezer Mann
Airship Bar
10/10 HP

Dr. Mann is dismissively pushing away the undrinkable swill they are shameless enough to serve to paying customers when the blast doors are destroyed. Immediately he is up, and he pulls up what appears to be a small tube from his belt. The tube enlarges and elongates until, in less than a second, until it has become the good doctor's grenade launcher.

"An ambush, uh? Just what I expect from you cowardly cretins!" He screams as he runs towards Polar Barrier, finding cover behind his large companion.
"Eat this, Legion scum!" He adds, as he braces himself. He pulls the trigger, and a huge blue sphere, surrounded by little turned-off lights, describes an arc through the air, impacting against a Legion soldier's stomach. As it rolls down, the projectile's lights start to blink and it makes an hominous ticking sound...

As the opponents are distracted by the bomb, Dr. Mann observes with a critical eye the structural damage that Sawyer endured. It wasn't serious yet, but it could be. So he loads a smaller projectile, white with a green cross on it, and aims for the rather large target of the robotic dinosaur.

"Heads up, ya overgrown lizard!" He shouts before letting the projectile fly. It shatters on impact, releasing a swarm of short-lived nanites who hurriedly repair the damage done.

The doctor grimaces. 'I was hoping not to have to use that one, not have a lot of those left...'

Dr. Mann is moving behind Polar Barrier, using Big Kaboom (Area Denial) on one of the guards (got a 5, so damage+effect) and then using Heal on Sawyer.
Doctor-engineers have something called a 'doctor's note', which is kind of like a credit card that, when flashed in front of a nanofabricator, permits them to produce a certain amount of material needed to do their job for free. Dr. Mann's note has been deactivated following an inspection, and he was hoping to get a black market one from this job before he starts to run out of resources he needs for his patients.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Ebenezer Mann
The doctor shrinks back his grenade launcher, murmuring something rude about the Legion.

"Wouldn't be so sure of it, Task. Act like you were an innocent hostage and you can walk away from this to sell rotgut another day."

"Let's get to these lifeboats and see if we can make a break for it."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Freezing corridor

The doctor says something that should not be repeated in polite company when the fire suppression system turns on. He dashes away, his weathered Mad Marvin's All-Weather-Proof Coating shielding him from the worst of the freezing gas.

"Thumbtacks!" He growls, scratching his chin. "Have you seen the state those lifeboats were in? Those legion rustbrains! I'd need lots of material to put them back in working order..."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Freezing corridor

The doctor-engineer quickly dashed in front of Sawyer, grenade launcher at the ready. He eyes the turret some way away; those rocket launchers looked pretty dangerous. His fingers moved to the dial on his grenade launcher; he flipped it hurriedly until the little screen attached to it read SMOKE; then he knelt down to brace, closed one eye, took aim, and shot a grenade towards the turret.

Unfortunately, the explosion was smaller than anticipated, and didn't manage to dent the turret's armor. Cursing the manufacturer, taking advantage of honest bots like him, he ran behind a pipe for cover.

"Polar Barrier! Step lively, son!"

-Move action: Spend 3 movement to get in front of Sawyer.
-Attack action: I use my Bomb Belt encounter power. I got a 6, so I get either damage or effect. I choose the effect.
-I spend the rest of my movement to dive behind the pipe on the left.
-Finally I use my Role action, Tactics to give Polar Barrier a move action immediately.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Control room
Blinded

The doctor, as he savagely removes the infernal crap that's messing with his visive sensors, shouts at the remaining reploid.
"Alright, you junkheaded Legion scumsucker, are you going to give up or should Polar Barrier here pop your head off like the lid of an E-Can?"

quote:

Got a 4 in my unskilled intimidation roll, which is a success at a cost.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Engineering Bay
Blinded
Role Boosts Available: Tactics
Encounter Powers Available: Terrain, Bomb Belt

Dr. Mann followed the exchange between Ruby and this SE character with a grimace. Nothing worse than an old enemy coming back to haunt you.

His reactions weren't as quick as the ones of his younger compatriots, but he didn't hesitate. He dashed forward, throwing one of his (few, precious) nanite grenades onto Ruby. "Hey, kid! Catch!"
Once in position, between Polar Barrier and the console, his grenade launcher was fully sprung. He closed one eye and kept a look-out for SE. If his hunch was right, he was going to go for the robot who had forced him to retreat...

Move Action: Straight forward for 5 squares.
Role action: using Heal on Ruby.
Attack action: gets converted in another move action to move 4 more squares forward
Free action: using my Sentinel class feature on Daisy

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Engineering Bay
0 AP
Role Boosts Available: None
Encounter Powers Available: Terrain [Role]

A decidedly undoctorly smile was painted on the doctor's lips as he tapped the ammo reader. The old touchscree monitor flipped betweem several types of ammo before it reached what the doctor was looking for: a dull green fire icon, accompanied by the words PHLOGISTON BOMB.

He aimed up and shot; a green grenade described an elegant arc as it flew over Polar Barrier's head and landed straight on Model SE. It burst into an explosion of green flames as it impacted with the Legion warrior.

"Ah! How's that for some civilian firepower, you rustbrained peacock!" the doctor taunted as he scampered behind a nearby chair, to put something between his opponent and himself. Despite his taunts, he could feel that he had taken several structural damage, and he didn't trust his old chassis to endure another hit like that.

"You! Plant girl! Get outta here, he might use that tornado thing again."

Attack action: using Bomb Belt to shoot a Fire Bomb at SE. I got a 5, which should be a miss, but it counts as a full hit thanks to the effect of Bomb Belt, although it does mean that I am now out of Fire Bombs. That's 3 damage, plus 2 ongoing damage, without accounting for exposure and type differences.
Move action: Moving SW, SW, NW to find cover behind the chair
Role action: Using Tactics on Daisy. She gets a move action.
Free action: using Sentinel on Hyenard. If SE gets close to him, he gets 2 damage automatically.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 9, 2019

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
Engineering Bay
0 AP
Role Boosts Available: None
Encounter Powers Available: Terrain [Role]

The doctor grimaced as he saw Hyenard go down. But he couldn't afford to get distracted. This droid was getting more dangerous by the minute. He gritted his teeth and took care to aim precisely properly, not wanting to accidentally hurt Polar Barrier.
Delaying my action to after Ruby's turn.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
0 AP

So it looks like me and these young'uns are keeping this airship, after all. It's fair enough, considering all the trouble that its last owners gave us, and it seems like the least worst option, so it's probably the way to go.
That being said, this place is an absolute mess. Even ignoring the damage that Storm Eagle or whoever he was did, this place hasn't gotten a good tune-up in a long, LONG while. Can't expect much better from those screthumbed Legion fools! I managed to patch up SE's damage, but we're a long way from getting it fixed.

I also poke about in the airship's database for information on our next possible target. I can keep this hunk of junk flying for as long as we need to... probably. But we're not getting anywhere without supplies. I am running really low on nanobots.

I got a 3 in my roll to repair the base and a 4 in my Computer roll to search for information on the Venomrail Station.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
0 AP

I am going to award my AP to Sawyer, who has been consistently funny throughout all of this.
I don't know enough about the system to make suggestions on what to keep and what to change, so I'll just abstain from voting, except for the idea of using role actions to interact with terrain. That sounds intriguing.
As for retraining, I will swap Fragile with Brusque, as it makes more sense.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
2 AP

Dr. Mann takes a closer look at the gadget that Sparkplug built. "Hrm. It wouldn't make the front page of Gadgets Monthly, but so long as it works I'm not complaining." He listens to the proposals being offered, nodding along, considering the various alternatives. He is, for once, not in a position of knowing more than the people he is talking to. He finds this situation deeply humbling.
When Hyenard asks him if he knows hacking, he makes an uncertain noice. "It's not my field of expertise, but I can handle it."

And when Sawyer proposes a rooftop assaunt, he opens his mouth to call him out on how stupid an idea that is... and then he closes it. "It's... not that bad of an idea, actually. Beyond the surprise factor, we can bypass the first layer of security entirely. Do we have a smaller ship that could possibly drop us in?"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
2 AP
6/10 HP
Encounter powers available: Tactics, Heal, Trick Arrow, Terrain

For a second, Dr. Mann's auditory sensors were overloaded by the explosion, and all was static and white noise. As he tumbled down, he felt someone grabbing him. An enemy, come to take advantage of his weakened state?
No: it was Hyenard. Trembling, he stood up, slapping his head in an attempt to get his auditory sensors to reboot. In the meantime, he mouthed a "thank you" to Hyenard before turning towards Daisy. "No lollygagging, Daisy! Let's get a move!" He said as he darted forward.

They had mentioned calling for back-up, eh? A certain "Ace". That didn't sound like good news. He took aim at the nearby terminal and shot off a grenade in its direction; it exploded just as it made contact, sending bits of it flying every which way, which prompte the doctor to laugh triumphantly and slightly maniacally.

Role action: Using Tactics on Daisy.
Move Action: moving NE-NE-NN
Attack action: shooting at the terminal with a simple ranged attack. It's a critical hit, which inflicts 4 damage and recharges my Tactics.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 30, 2019

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
2 AP
4/10 HP
1 Miss Token
Encounter powers available: Tactics, Trick Arrow, Terrain

The smell of ozone fills the air as the reploid gets electrocuted by the trap that he himself had set up. Dr. Mann grimaces; his circuits aren't as resilient as they used to be. No way for him to get into a better position, then. Fire and chaos seems to be everywhere, so that works out for him. He pulls out one of his nanobot boxes and throws it at Daisy. "Heads up, plant girl!"

As the nanobots do their work, Mann flips through the options on his grenade laucher until he finds the one that says MS-STICKY. "And this is for you, rustbrain!" He declares as he shoots a sticky bomb at the furthest Met. Unfortunately, he misses it, and it explodes somewhere behind it. The doctor grunts disapprovingly before ducking down.

Role Action: use Heal on Daisy.
Attack Action: use Pin Down/Motion-Sensitive Sticky Bomb on the furthest Met. I missed.
I also failed my saving throw and take 2 damage from the fire.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dr. Mann
2 AP
2/10 HP
1 Miss Token
Encounter powers available: Tactics, Trick Arrow, Terrain

"Polar Barrier! Get outta there, drat you! I don't want to spend the next two weeks going over your circuitry to make sure that nothing's fried!"
As he was shouting such encouragement to the pseudodroid, Dr. Mann took aim at the two surviving Mets. It was relatively easy, as they were deeply entrenched in Dasiy's invasive plant life.

The bomb he shot painted a delicate arc through the air before impacting against a Met's helmet, detonating with a loud BOOM!

Role Action: use Tactics on Polar Barrier.
Attack Action: using Pin Down and my Minor Blaster talent to hit both Mets at the same time. Got a 7 and a 10 so it's safe to say they are rubble.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 10, 2019