Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Roll 20 Map for combat/potential combat.

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”
- Nelson Mandela

Hour 3 on the airship, and your contact still hasn't shown. You're beginning to wonder if you're in the wrong room, on the wrong airship, or if you've just been set up.

The hum of the ship's engines continues at the same tone it's been going at for the past three hours, the smell of food that couldn't quite be gotten out of the floor continues to linger as it has for the past three hours and the bartender comes around for the 25th time in the last three hours to ask if really, everything was ok, are you sure you don't want anything else? Not that the airship is packed, weekday flights on outdated models like this one tend to be scarce, you've almost got the bar to yourselves. Which means if this was a set-up, it'd be very easy to record most things said.

You now sit back and think of your invite for this mission, the mysterious contact put you off, but they offered help on something you've all but given up on finding, and some good money. Perhaps too good. (please specify what this is)

So here you sit, and here you wait, companions akimbo, when you see the only other patron of the bar leave. She sighs and looks towards your table, if only briefly, not stopping or engaging you... And then five minutes later, the blast door quarantines the bar from the rest of the ship. You hear a hissing noise coming from the vents, what would you like to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Immediately, the taste of smoke is identifiable to Polar Barrier. (This does not appear to be toxic, though an Unskilled check, in your case, may be able to glean more info.) Regardless of what it is, the room will get very hazy, very fast if left unchecked, and if it's not taking you out, then...

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"I.. Uh.. oh my God, I just don't want to die!" The bartender, a young female reploid cowers behind the counter. (Compact Crush is a good skill to use, though the blast door is reinforced, so if you don't tackle that first you will be at disadvantage.)

Ruby is able to handily leap to the height of the vent, her hands denting the grating when she hits it. The vents' content are easy to identify, as Ruby has fought with their advantage before: thermal smoke is being leaked into the room in an attempt to mask signatures of something. (Ruby's weapon knowledge gets her a bit more info than Polar's general knowledge here.)

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"I- I don't-" this reploid is clearly in panic, she wasn't built for combat, and this situation is so out of her comfort zone she doesn't have context. It may be useful to return to her once the immediate danger is dealt with.

(You can use amazing strength instead as a skill, roll on the heroic skill table. The mines are acceptable, but I will take the explosive properties into account for twist and cost.)

(Edit: added blast door to map and moved characters around based on actions taken, @Ruby, there are 3 cents on each side of the room, each near a corner, you may be at any of them @Spring, I did not assume a charging leap, but if so, you may move further back.)

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 19, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ruby deftly cleaves the door in two and Sawyer headbutts the remains clean off their supports, the door flies open, revealing a legion raiding party of reploids in wait!

"Halt! You are under investigation by the legion, this craft is said to harbour known fugitives!"

None of you can recall anything requiring this much attention recently, what's going on?
It doesn't matter either way, weapons are trained on you as smoke begins to fill in the room.

(Please roll initiative, except for Plutonis, since Sawwyer's cost will be going last in order. I will place the raiders on the map, roll their initiative and make another post once the battle is set-up. The current goal is: escape! Though there is an obvious bonus goal of rescuing the bartender.)

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I've probably got time before it matters but it turns out that roll20 tablet integration is... requires a keyboard, I'll procure one shortly, which should allow me to properly update the turn tracker.

In the meantime:

Two Legion Assault Hunter models spring forth, eyes a-glow, a whirring noise coming from their noses, behind them are standard class gunner units, though there appears to be a modification to their visor, an assess action by anyone trained in robotics knowledge may reveal more about this.

This approach h was not exactly subtle, so your team appears to be ready for action!

Airship Encounter 1: Raider Party
Objective: escape the raiders

Optional objectives:
- Rescue the bartender
- Destroy internal footage of your party.

Terrain:
- The thermal smoke pouring from the vents blocks line of sight, and will expand 1 square per turn unless dealt with, this should hinder both sides equally, but the legion likely has a plan...
- The tables and bar are tall enough that a regular sized creature could crouch behind them for cover (remember the exposure rules.) Furthemore, they are bolted to the ground, it would take superhuman strength to even hope to move them, and would be a role action, and a skill check.
- The stools are less secure, since no one has no-skill in lifting or strength, a role action is sufficient to move them, though tossing them will likely require a skill check.
- The windows are reinforced alumiglass, they could be destroyed potentially, but you guys are trained enough in materials that you're aware they would have 5 HP of health, and that terrain does not need cover.

(If you move terrain, please mark so, also ask any questions you would like.)

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

ElegantFugue posted:

Ahhhh shoot, is that in the app, in the browser, or both? I've been phoneposting and hadn't had a chance to try r20 yet. I can roll init in Orokos if that's not an issue.
I'm running in browser per the plus membership, it's fine for player-facing stuff, just right-clicking is not an option, so I'm going to have to use keyboard shortcuts.

ElegantFugue posted:

For morality purposes, are we tracking mechaniloids vs. Reploid/human/pseudodroids for enemies?

That really depends on your character's view.

I will say, I'm default assuming deadly force on your characters' part unless stated otherwise, though I'd like that to be reflected in narration on your guys' parts.

Ignite Memories posted:

I do not appear to have privileges to move my token. You've gotta make sure the flags are set in two places - the token is set to represent the character and the character is assigned to me (Paul)

This should be resolved for everyone who has logged in

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 19, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Oh! That is indeed correct!
Most machines at this point are going to be reploid because most new creations are copies of older ones that are just slightly modified.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ruby's blade deftly damages the Assault Hunter, causing it to emit a garbled yelp. (Which is to say, it was bloodied) It assumes a defensive posture and dodges the icicle shot at it's head.

Daisy's vines crush around the Reploid in the back, causing it to take severe damage. From her assessment, she's able to determine that reinforcements are a ways off (that is to say, not this combat) and that your crew is already aware of the planned traps, and the potential of being pushed out a window. (As a reminder, you can assess for type affinity too)

Two of the reploids fire upon Sawyer, only one hitting the Psuedodroid for 3 damage. The two Assault Hunters both launch onto him, the on Ruby clanged gets a nice bite for 4 damage on Sawyer before being blasted by Polar, who was waiting for an opening. The other only barely grabs on, but seems to have a firm clamp now. Upon clamping down, it's eyes change colours, and all of the Reploids turn their heads towards Sawyer.

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 20, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

One of the two gunner reploids explodes in a fury of parts, the other gunner shakily readies his cannon, he wants to run, but the vines make even that difficult.
"T-Take this...!" He yells shakily, raising his buster-arm, no longer firing for suppression, just trying to take out one of the mavericks before he gets destroyed. He hits Sawyer solidly, but not enough to down him.

Even with disadvantage, he got a 7 for damage and effect, which, after resistance, totaled 5. Sawyer is still under the effect of pin down from an earlier strike by the slowed Reploid, though my damage calculation was wrong, moving would only net 2 damage, which would only just bloody the Spindroid. Either way, it's Plutonis' turn.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The smoke continues to poor from the vents, slowly filling the room. With half of their forces decimated, the legion troops look to each-other in dismay.

Ruby's up

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

You definitely are, on a player's turn, they may make any social check they wish to as a free action to attempt to force them to surrender. Cost will likely be strikes, twist... I'll have to come up with.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The hunter stops moving , collapsing fully into the vines.

Ruby's speech snaps the bartender out of her haze, she stands, ready to escape, though seems unsure of her "rescuers".

3 with exposure is 6, more than enough to down the poor dog. The bartender will follow you out of this combat, but will likely need a more substantial explanation of her situation before she would be dedicated to your cause.

Polar Barrier is up

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The icicle pierces into the relloid's bracing arm, which promptly freezes over. The reploid let's a surprised shout before switching his aim to Polar Barrier.

That would've taken him out if Ice wasn't resisted by Buster! Either way, he is marked and unhappy.

Daisy is up!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

With the reploids sadly bound and strangely silent on the case of a potential mistaken identity, you have a bit of breathing room to talk, or, at least will once you get out of the room filling with smoke. The bartender grabs something from her register hand leaves the room with you, offering a small cache of energy crystals to you for helping her.

The bartender is nervous and standoffish, but does reward you with 100 energy crystals, you have the 3 of these characters to speak to.

Edit: I will consider everyone's targets to be non lethally incapacitated going forwards unless said otherwise. This can be changed simply by noting it.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"Th-thank you!" The bartender says, pocketing the crystals. Her and the reploids then give a concerned look to Sawyer when he mentions Sigma.

"The boogeyman from the fairy-tales?"

ElegantFugue posted:

I'd like to do a quick check if there's any cameras along the walls, before the smoke gets too bad, then help with corralling the prisoners.

you see nothing of notice, I'll inform you if this changes.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The Bartender nods steadily.
"There are lifeboats on this vessel of course... I'm not very familiar with how to use them, but I know where they are, all staff need to."
She looks around, as if figuring out if that would be useful.
"I'm Task, by the way, since I'm probably now a criminal too."

That explanation seems to be all that was needed. Task appears ready to help.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Task looks thankfully at Hyenard as she's set down.
"Yeah, they're over here."
The walk through the hall is fairly tense, though no patrols are spotted, and upon reaching the lifeboats, it becomes apparent why: they're all destroyed, twisted and broken in their bays.
"Oh... oh no..." Task says, shock going over her again.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

sounds good to me.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"We weren't given the full details, only th- AAAH!" The reploid's scream ends their explanation as they are blasted by nitro from the ship's fire suppression system, freezing them almost instantly. The pipes above you begin to hiss with a suddenly very intimidating intention.

You guys will need to take cover, dash down the hall, or otherwise deal with this problem. Except.... Polar Barrier, this stuff likely won't effect him too much.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"All of the weather controls are handled from the engineering bay!" Task yells, hoping to be helpful.

I would like the evasions to be made as checks if possible, to help automate a bit, there will be no distinction in this case between twist and cost, either will get you frozen partially, slowing you for the first turn of the next encounter and giving disadvantage to skills that are difficult while frozen. Polar Barrier may use his check to aid a team-mate, or Task, though Task is not a combatant and seems to be a low priority target for the Legion.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

for all of you getting success with cost, choose disadvantage or slow for 1 turn. Otherwise proceed!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

While Hyenard is right, given some care the lifeboats could be repaired, Dr. Mann also knew he had neither the time, nor tools to truly accomplish this. There was also the constant barrage of fire suppressant wasn't making things any easier.

if you have access to them, the lifeboats can be repaired using a unit of downtime at no additional cost. however, you'll have to find another way off the ship, or remove the threat. Once Ruby and Sawyer have dealt with the freezing blast, we'll move to the engineering bay.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Slowed it is, as a twist, the crash made a very loud noise near the engineering bay, so you will not be able to get a jump on the enemies in there, that said...

The crash of pipes has alerted the gunners hiding in the engineering bay and they turn towards you, only to be knocked back by Sawyer's expert charge. One of them looks up and slams a button on a nearby terminal, and a large mechanaloid emerges from one of the three storage bays, eyes glowing menacingly.

I'll populate and focus on the map as soon as work slows down (no later than 7 and likely before 5, EST) though I don't remember if I uploaded the Mechanaloid sprite this morning so we may have a temporary placeholder from my library. I would suggest rolling initiative in the meantime.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Map is live on Roll20, please feel free to arrange yourselves in the purple box.

Airship Encounter 2: Sabotoeurs
Objective: gain control of the environmental controls

Terrain:
- The concrete barriers are solid and completely obscure line of sight, the crates and pipes provide cover.
- The crates are maglocked and it would take more than just force to topple or move them.
- The pipes are cover, and can be destroyed, doing so will create a burst of whatever flows through them, and may have an effect on the airship's performance! They are also difficult terrain as you move under or over them.

Special:
- Hissing from the fire-suppressant system will be marked with a red square, on a turn following that, it will turn into a burst of freezing energy, dealing 2 ice damage and inflicting slow UEoNT.

(If you move terrain, please mark so, also ask any questions you would like.)

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 25, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ruby is able do de-limb her target with ruthless effectiveness, he falls to the ground, clearly not expecting to have done so so quickly

With exposure, you exceeded the goon's damage threshold, and have disabled him.

Crush Hyenard is next

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The gunner jumps to his feat, looking at his fallen allies, he jumps behind one of the machine pillars.
"What are you waiting for, Sparkplug? Activate it now!"
he then furiously rips at the spring-trap on his arm.

Now that he's adjacent to the barrels, he can see they are largely lubricants and coolant, heavy, but not explosive...

Move action: Stand from Prone
Attack action: Convert to move, run behind pillar.

Special: The barrels can be lifted with Amazing Strength, or any professional use of magnets (construction and destructive compaction would both do, for instance.) Deactivating the magnets will unlock all 3 at once. The barrels when used as an attack consume that player's attack action, and works as such:
Barrel R5 (10 if Amazing Strength or throwing) 3D
E: Flip a coin (evens heads, odds tails if die) to determine the type of barrel thrown:
- Heads: Oil - Burst 1 difficult terrain centered on the target, the target is knocked prone, creatures attempting to stand in the zone must make a movement skill check to do so.
-Tails: Coolant - Burst 1 coolant. This zone is inert until hit by an ice-type attack, at which point it is treated as above.

Doctor Mann is up!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The Mechaloid sparks to life, looking directly at the group of apparent outlaws,
"Do not fear! I will put out the fire!" A prerecorded voice tinnily scratched from an outdated voice box.
The mechalood zooms forwards, it's right leg intermittently cutting, moving it behind the large column.
"Fire spotted! Launching granular suppression system!" It raises one of it's cannons and shoots a ball forward, in the second the ball is in the air, it's clear from the way it's put together that it's been tampered with.

It explodes upon impact with Sawyer, hitting him square in the face with a solid impact, and exploding into a cloud of blinding powder which coats Polar Barrier, Ruby, Doctor Mann and Daisy.

From the mechaloid nearest to Crush Hyenard's comm link, Crush can hear,
"Sorry Jack, had a last minute mod to make based on that footage you sent me. How'd you like it?"

"Yeah, yeah, very impressive, Sparkplug" the female gunner growls as she ducks behind the nearest pillar.

The mechaloid double moves, and spends an AP on it's encounter power, burst 3 centered on Sawyer's top left square. He rolls miss or damage/effect on everyone but Sawyer, whom he gets damage on, it's 8 damage for that dini (4*2 for exposure.)

The gunner stands and shifts.

Polar Barrier or Sawyer the Spindroid are up!

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 26, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Sawyer tears a sizeable chunk off of the Mechanaloid, easily tearing through it's armor. With a crackly voice, it retorts:
"Excessive danger noted! Draining reserve energy..."
Immediately after doing so a hiss emanates to the north.

Exposure applies your damage line twice right? So 12, plus you're super effective so another one for 13! That's a lotta damage! The white square is where the hissing is currently. This pass next initiative that entire row will be frozen, so watch out!

Ruby is up!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Even blind, Ruby's training and Sawyer's empowered persistence made short work of the non-combat droid, it's pieces drop to the floor with little effort.

The Reploid nearest Spring Hyenard slams his fist against the wall,
"Dammit, Sparkplug, I hope you've got an exit route for us!"

After adding in the +1 for Buster being super effective against Ice, that's enough to take down this elite.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"Ok! Ok! I'm sorry! We surrender! We surrender!" The reploid says, hands in the air, though his words are almost cut short by,
"Beta team, we've retrieved the package, rendezvous at the command deck and let Model SE handle clean-up."
"Spark Plug we have been compromised, extract without us, I repeat, extract without us!"
The words come so quickly that even if you act to stop them, the message is no doubt recieved.

So that feels like a sufficient cost, we are out of combat and the ball is now back to your guys' court.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I'm assuming defeated is sufficient enough status condition for these guys for now.

The environmental controls now safely under... Control, the trip to the command deck is trivial after Task's guidance. Once there, you see another Reploid (a similar model to the gunners, possibly the same as his weapon isn't deployed) tossing what looks to be a wingpack out of the emergency exit. One more in his hand. He turned s to you,
"Oh drek." He moans as be tries to hurriedly scramble into the wingpack he's holding.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"NONONONON-" The reploid tells as he's ganked by Hyenard's claws. The wingpack topples lazily out of the escape hatch as he's yanked to Hyenard.

"Oh you idiot, now I have to die too. I'm just the frellin' tech!"

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"I guess you wouldn't know about Model SE huh? Well, it doesn't matter, guy's delegated to clean-up for a reason."

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"He's a psycho, but when they have him the equality modifications they found he was bio metal compatible so now... Well, he's never been happy about being told he had to be improved..."

If Ruby is listening in, you may message me to have an idea of who he's talking about.

Any player may make a weapons knowledge check to have pre-existing knowledge of bio metals.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ruby and Hyenard's conversation is cut short by an explosive blast of glass and wind, which knocks Sparkplug against the wall where he slumps down.
From the wreckage, a sneering jest,
"Oh, good, I was hoping they'd meet some resistance."
A... Humanoid? It's hard to tell, they're covered in enough armor it could be either, floats in a newfound opening in the Airship's navigational window.
"And Ruby to boot, huh? Man, the briefing did not TELL ME I would be having so much FUN!"
Though their face is obscured under an eagle-shaped mask, you can still make out a cruel smile.
"And this worthless bio-metal is telling me I'm causing too much damage, that the reploid civillians in this vessel can't survive a crash, what a coward."

WARNING! A DANGEROUS FOE IS APPROACHING!

Model SE is obviously a Solo, so prepare yourselves accordingly, the Roll20 map has been updated, once everyone has rolled initiative, we'll begin!

Terrain: The consoles, chairs and lockers are available as cover. They are bolted down, however, this will not stop anyone with amazing strength (no check required) from moving it, and possibly not even those skilled in lifting (check would be required, role action, either grab the furniture and move it with you or throw it up to 5 squares.)

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 4, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

"Kill house score?! Look at me! I got the bio-metal! I won!" Dreyce yells, firing a Storm Tornado past Ruby's head. He doesn't seem to notice, he keeps on ranting,
"You always held that over me! You thought that made you so much better!" He fires another tornado at Ruby, this one hits true, knocking her and the chair behind her clear back.
"Well look at you now! Hiding like a coward, like those blasted simulated civillians, worthless!"
Model SE then floats back to behind the main console, and smiles smugly,
"So you'll share their fate, just another casualty in my path!"

First, Assess results:

Model SE has access to all of Storm Eagle's regular attacks, which historically were a charging tackle, knives shaped similar to feathers that could potentially hit multiple targets if they were spread out, and the powerful Storm Tornado which creates a line of 5 squares centered on a square within 5 from Model SE and hits all targets and pushes them around.

In addition, Dreyce as always was exceedingly aggressive and single-minded, he'll often choose a single target and focuses on destroying them with all his might first.

As known, he is carrying the Bio-Metal SE, but seems not fully merged with it, if subdued he may be seperated from it.

Finally it appears SE is Crush Affinity, so that knowledge should also help you figure a good offensive strategy.

He moves E, SE, E, E, chooses Ruby as his duel target, fires the missing Tornado (4). He then fires the one that hits (roll of 7, 3+1 for duel target for 4 damage), dislodging the chair behind you and pushing you (that chair no longer requires a check, anyone may move or throw it 5 squares.) He then moves W, W, NW ending his turn.

Daisy's turn!

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 5, 2019

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Dreyce flals in confusion,
"Vines...!? Where did- When did?"

He blast backwards to the side of the ship, disappearing from view, but his engines still clearly audible to those paying attention.

Just double moving out of there.
...Everyone else is up pretty much haha.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The enemy has 44 hp remaining,

There are not so much hidden doors as there are glass panels that can become non-blocking terrain with sufficient force (3 damage ought to do it) and what used to be an emergency exit door which is currently open.

No hidden enemies, they've all retreated, and no traps were set up but the grates on those fans could probably be removed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Model SE burst through the side of the command deck wall with an explosive tornado and is immediately hit with a team ready to fire upon him.
"Look at you fools, one of you is trying to hi- EAURGH!"
A blast hits him square on, clipping his wings:

Unkown Quantity in Roll20 posted:

Ruby Rhapsody snaps to their target and fires their first shot, which very much sails far off to Model SE's side. As they turn to see the shot fly by, however, Ruby fires again, hitting the flight unit dead-on.
"HOLD IT!"
Model SE tumbles to the ground, as he tries to stand,

Unkown Quantity in Roll20 posted:

"You still don't get why that was, even now? Then let me spell it out." She slams both hands onto the console. "You never understood the point of the scoring system because you put your life and safety above everyone else's. That saving innocents was always worth the extra time and effort."
Ruby Rhapsody draws and points her saber at Model SE. "The fact that I knew and followed that despite hating the place shows just how much of a thug you really are! You don't deserve that Bio-Metal, let alone the rank of soldier! TAKE THAT!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXjZGp7rXA
An icicle missile whizzes past Dreyce as he stands, furious.
"YOU DARE TO LECTURE ME YOU TRAITOR?!?!" He screams, as he blast a Storm Tornado right at Ruby, hitting Dr. Mann in the process.
"YOU AND YOUR BAND OF CRIMINALS?!" Another blast, this one hits Hyenard, knocking the reploid to the floor.
"WELL YOU ARE GONNA LEARN, I VALUED MY OWN LIFE HIGHER BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN THESE IMITATIONS OF LIFE!" Frothing at the mouth, Dreyce rips pieces of his busted flight-suit off and tosses them at Daisy and Ruby, hitting both square on.
"AND I'LL STAY BETTER!" Dreyce continues,
"Because I'm the strongest warrior in the leg-"

Dreyce's role action is for him to bust through the room, which he does, after rolling a 6.
He takes all of the readied attacks at this point. Ruby's removes flying
He then uses his standard to Storm Tornado both Ruby and Dr. Mann for 4 and 6 damage respectively, uses an AP to hit Hyenard for 6, ending his turn.
His next turn he begins by using razor feathers on Daisy and Ruby (the only legal targets, his 3rd misses as everyone is too close together) for 3 and 4 damage.
He then runs to get into cover, underestimating Spring Hyenard who was waiting....

Daisy is up!

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 8, 2019