Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Airship Bar

Squinting his eyes, Polar Barrier looks from his beverage to the blast doors and back to his beverage.

"I suspect that we have been misled."

He takes a deep breath, tasting the air for identifiable odors or particulates. He smacks his tongue like a thoughtful sommelier.

----------

Ice bear is here in pursuit of McKraken's processor, which his contact had claimed to have had information about. He tries not to appear too disappointed that the lead was bad. I would like to attempt a skill roll to identify the nature of the hissing vent gas, if possible. What's applicable here - Chemistry? Scent? Observation? I don't have anything of the sort, so it would be unskilled regardless.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Airship Bar

Polar Barrier sighs, finishes his drink, and crushes the can. He stands up, looking resigned, and addresses the barkeep.

"Do y'all recycle here?"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I do not appear to have privileges to move my token. You've gotta make sure the flags are set in two places - the token is set to represent the character and the character is assigned to me.

e: thanks, i'm set now

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 19, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP
1 Strike

Polar Barrier, not hearing an immediate reaction from the barkeep, steps forward to give his teammates cover. He tosses his empty can in the direction of the enemy, uttering
"Hey! You!" The can goes wide, and clangs off of the back of Sawyer's head.

Polar Barrier squints menacingly. The threat stands.

Beginning the battle in Glacier Style, granting himself Resist 1 against ranged attacks from the South.
Move action: W W S S S.
Standard action: Basic Ranged Attack with aluminum can. 1+2 = Miss/Strike.
Role action: Mark the Eastern Mechaniloid.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP
1 Strike

Polar Barrier continues his advance, sidestepping the plant growth and leaping past Sawyer to set himself firmly between the remaining enemies and his allies.

"Stand back, comrade. I will draw their ire in your stead."

He launches another icicle claw, burying it into one of the remaining robots. His low snarl promises additional icicles are soon to follow.

Remaining in Glacier Style, still Resist 1 against ranged attacks from the South.
Move action: W W W S S S.
Standard action: Basic Ranged Attack with icicle gun on the eastern robit. 3+4 = Glancing hit.
Role action: Mark the eastern robit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

One of the things I like most about strike is that if we agree to set our combat goals to 'nonlethally incapacitate our enemies', then that becomes the effect of our combat without having to change our tactics or effectiveness. Granted, we may have fatalities as concessions for our strikes in combat, but we don't necessarily have to do the whole song-and-dance of trying to negotiate with people and cease hostilities when other teammates are still rolling attack dice. I know how frustrating that can be.

It's just a thing we agree on as a group, generally. I'm fine with trying to 'KO' enemies rather than necessarily shred them up if that's what y'all are interested in doing.
Maybe I freeze them mei-style instead of impaling them... mei style

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

"Lead us to the lifeboats, Comrade, and you can choose to escape this place or stay at your own discretion.

We will keep you safe."

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

It takes Polar Barrier a couple of seconds to realize that something bad has happened.

"Hm? ...Oh."

He gingerly places a hand over daisy and task's heads, and attempts to shepherd them to safety (or to the nearest terminal.)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

"This is a really nice hat."

Rolling skilled Endure Elements check to shield daisy, I get a 6! I declare as my bonus that Task is also safe.

e: oh actually i guess if i'm just aiding daisy's action all i do is raise her result to 3. misread.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 23, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP

Polar Barrier, seeing the reploid inching away, takes a step forward and grabs his head like a doorknob. He snarls and gestures threateningly at the mechaniloid.

---------------
Switching to Avalance Style - if an enemy misses me while i have an enemy Grabbed, the Grabbed enemy takes 2 damage.
Move action: NE
Standard action: Basic Melee Attack with my big icy mitts on the nearby reploid. 4+2 = Damage and Effect.
Role action: Mark the mechaniloid.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

Polar Barrier covers the reploid's mouth with his other hand, but it's too late.

"Sorry guys, that one's on me." He looks around nervously, and tosses the reploid aside. Its face collides with a nearby pipe, and it crumples to the ground.

"Comrades, I recommend that we do not wait around to find out what Model SE is." The enormous pseudoroid begins hoofing it toward the only visible exit.

"Come - these soldiers are trying to evacuate, no? Let us head them off at the command deck!"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier

"Oh hey buddy," Polar Barrier begins to say, before he is interrupted by the following event -

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP

Polar Barrier moves up to give his allies more cover on the front lines. He takes aim at Model SE, but it darts out of sight before he's able to get a shot.
PB's eyes dart around, taking in the situation as he attempts to get a scan of his opponent.

---------------
Starting combat in Glacier Style
Move action: N, N, N, NW, N, N
Standard action: Prepare An Action to attack with an icicle if the enemy gets within 5 squares of me.
Role action: Assess the combat for 3.

How many HP does it have?
Are there hidden doors or traps?
Are there hidden enemies?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
13/13 HP
1 AP

Polar Barrier, tired of being ignored all day, stomps up to Model SE and grabs him by the shoulders.

"It is clear you are not emotionally stable enough to responsibly command the use of this biometal," he says calmly.

---------------
Switching to Avalanche Style
Move action: S, SE
Standard action: Melee Attack model SE. 2+3=Miss. However, using the Miss Token i should have from my whiffed prepared attack, I will upgrade it to a Glancing Hit and Grab Model SE.
Role action: Mark Model SE.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 8, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
9/13 HP
0 AP

"Hey!" Polar Barrier says indignantly as he brushes wires and gubbins off of his belly. "Don't throw yourself at me."

---------------
Spending an action point to use You Call That A Punch? on the second attack and make it miss instead. WHAT feathers

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 9, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
5/13 HP
0 AP
1 Strike
*Turbocharge Activated*

Polar Barriers eyes widen as Spring Hyenard is felled by the force of Dreyce's projectiles.

"Noo!"

Polar Barrier turns back to Dreyce, letting out a ferocious roar as a jet of steam issues from his mouth. His eyes glow molten red and his reactor begins to thrum loudly as the pistons in his arms prime themselves and his shoulders ratchet back. With a lumbering charge he stomps up to the vine-covered control panel and slams his mighty paws together over the cyborg's face. The two struggle, quaking wildly as servos squeal and Dreyce's helmet display begins to crack...

---------------
Powering up to to Greater Avalanche Style. The base damage of my attacks this round is increased by 1, and Grabbed enemies now have Disadvantage to attack anyone but me.
Move action: E, E, SE, E
Standard action: Melee Attack Model SE. 5+6=:siren:CRITICAL HIT:siren:. My base damage of 3 is doubled to 6, re'doubled' to 9 and boosted to 10 by type effectiveness.
I also regain a hit point.
Role action: Mark Model SE again.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 10, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Airship Bar

"We really, uh... Well... Sorry we made such a mess of this place." Polar Barrier says as he helps Task bag up the last of the screws, bolts, broken glass and detritus. He heaves three large trashbags over his shoulder and they begin walking down the corridors to the disposal & reclamation chutes.

"What were you hoping to find here anyway?" Task pipes up as PB tosses the black bags into the chute marked DISPOSAL and begins sorting the white bag's contents into the proper receptacles.

"Our legion contact must've fed us some bad information. I was expecting to meet up with them on the ship - said they had a lead on the whereabouts of Krate McKraken's remains." He sighs a long steamy hiss and glumly feeds a few cans into the tube. "It pains my core thinking they may 'ave gotten murked hunting down leads for us... But the only alternative is... even worse."

"Worse?" Task asks, tensing up. "How?"

"If our contact flipped, there's no telling what the Legion knows by now."

Polar Barrier's mind wanders to dissident safehouses, ciphers and skullduggery as they return to the bar. He is shaken from his trance by the sound of an ice cold can of E. Task slides it over the counter and cracks open one of his own.

"Thank you, comrade," Polar Barrier says, tapping cans with the reploid bartender.

"Thanks for helping clean up," Task replies, and drinks with Polar. A few silent beats go by as the pseudoroid wrestles with his next sentence.

"I feel I must give you fair warning, Task... this violence has just begun." The bartender's face fills with concern as Polar goes on. "This boat will not lay idle for long, and whether my associates and I leverage it unto vengeance or profit the fight will surely find us again soon." At this point Polar Barrier had begun to draw the eyes of the bar's patrons and staff. "Already plans are brewing for the next mission. If you choose to stay, the Legion will see you as one of us - and so will I."

"If you -" Polar looks around, noticing that he had the attention of the nearby civilians "- if ANY of you - value your safety... I cannot recommend that you stay aboard this vessel."

"And if -" he stops himself, and shakes his head.

"If what?" Task asks.

Polar Barrier sheepishly produces a handful of pamphlets. "If you wanna know more about our cause, i have some literature i would be happy to share."

----------

1/2 Downtime actions used (cleaning up our mess, engaging with task and civilians)
I aim to recruit those who are sympathetic and frighten away those who should probably not be on the boat anymore.

If nobody else wants to fight flak mackerel as much as i do then i guess my second choice is rotary skydock.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 12, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Moriatti posted:

Task looks down, thinks for a minute, then nods.
"You're keeping the ship?" She ask, and then,
"So you'll need a pilot." She winks, "I know this ship better than you, and I doubt you've every had any flying lessons... Heck, can your paws even handle the control pad?"

"Oh, I'm sure I could -" Polar barrier looks down at his humongous mitts, and frowns.

"Hm."

----------
I have no strong feelings about exposure severity, as i will still be the most durable person in the room regardless of our decision.
I'm never going to have a surplus of Role actions to go around but I don't mind if we use them for terrain stuff.
I accept Task as new pilot unless someone else in the party wants to step up to the wheel, and I don't mind if the civilians want to use an escape pod.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Airship Flight Deck

A big icy mitt descends onto the steel plate sawyer is holding. "You look like you could use a hand." Polar barrier adjusts the plating slightly, and presses it to the wall.

"There - hold this a moment." He steps away, and returns moments later with a rivet gun. "This should do the trick," he says, planting a rivet into the steel plating. He holds the gun daintily in his hand like a teacup as he gingerly rivets about the perimeter of the plate.

"Ebenezer," Polar calls, waving at the Doctor. "Perhaps you could help direct our efforts!"

---------

The three of them work together to patch up the holes in the hull - with Sawyer scavenging plates and scraps, Polar riveting them into place and Dr Mann administering reparative paste to the seams. After a few hours of work (and a brief, playful rivetgun-fight) the trio manage to leave the hull looking better than it had when they started.

"Thank you, comrades," Polar Barrier says, resting his elbow on a nearby pallet and issuing an appreciate gout of steam. "The three of us have succeeded at the task which bested us alone." He pats a hand on Ebenezer's shoulder, and briefly reaches for Sawyer before the pseudoroid's snapping maw gives him second thoughts.

"Come -" Polar offers, "The living quarters have undergone renovations whilst we worked. Let's go see if we can claim a space for you before all the big rooms are taken."

---------------

2/2 Downtime actions used (assisting with hull repairs)
Skilled Construction check, rolling a 4 gets me success (or brings mann's roll up to a 4)

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 16, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Command Deck

"I agree with Hyenard - we cannot guarantee the safety of civilian bystanders, but we can attempt to steer clear of their whereabouts."

Polar Barrier waves his hand through the projection, and waggles his icy finger at the 'VENOMRAIL STATION' label.

"This place doesn't sound terribly safe at the best of times."

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Command Deck

Polar Barrier squints at Daisy for a few moments.

"Is that a new hat?"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Command Deck

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"Eh?" Daisy pats her head, realizing that apparently her detransformation wasn't complete and there's still about half of a blue cap on top of her head. "Oh! Still getting the hang of this." The scrap turns into green light, and then disappears.

"So it turns out I'm a biomatch! The other day I took the biometal down to Springy to see if it would help, and it was delighted to make my acquaintance! With its help, I can fly and shoot cyclones and everything!"

Polar Barrier's jaw drops. "Astounding!" He walks in a small circle around Daisy as she sparkles. He reaches out an icy finger, saying "So there was another consciousness riding along inside Dreyce..." A small green spark leaps to his claw, and he pulls back his paw. "And now you've got it inside you? That's incredible!"

He stops in front of Daisy, leans down and looks her in the eyes. "Hello, birdie."

ElegantFugue posted:

"Going solo? That's... a lot of risk." Hyenard quickly raises his arms in a placating motion. "Not that I have any doubts about your skills, obviously! I saw some of what you're capable of during the fights. But, even so, it took all six of us to stop that Bio Metal user. If we run into another one..."

Polar furrows his brow and scratches his chin. "I don't like the sound of either of you going in there ahead of the team. If something goes wrong, you could be captured or slain. And then the rest of us are back to square one, with a fully alarmed base and one fewer compatriot." He looks back at Daisy for a second. "Two fewer? ...I'm still a little unclear on how all this biometal wizardry works." He looks back to the holo-display. "No, we will be much stronger as a unit. Let us take the guard entrance together, and bring the full force of our outfit to bear."

He steps back, considers for a moment, and quietly asks Daisy "Should I be addressing you plurally now?"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Command Deck

Polar opens his mouth to protest, closes it again, and silently accepts the clump of pearlwort. He saunters over to a bucket seat and sits down on it with a sigh. He does not fit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
HP: 9/13
AP: 1

Polar Barrier is knocked off his feet by the force of the blast. He snarls, clambers upright, and begins to stomp forward. "Heavy weapons at one o'clock! Suppress the target and get your frames out of this chokepoint!" He slides up against the wall to try and get cover from the rocket launcher, and attempts to brush the burning debris off of himself. Unfortunately, some of his thermal tubing had already begun to catch.

Tossing an icicle at a nearby Mettool, Polar Barrier attempts to draw the enemies' small arms and make some space for his allies.

---------------
2 ongoing damage.
Move action to stand up, trading an Attack action for a Move action and moving up NNNEEE.
Role action to Mark the nearest Mettool to my northwest.
Saving throw = 1. Ongoing status continues.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
HP: 6/13 (3/13 at end of turn)
Strikes: 1

Polar Barrier roars in pain as he stomps over the now-electrified floor. He catches himself with his front paws, and begins to charge on all fours.

"DON'T SHOOT AT HER!" he taunts, barreling toward Bazooka Joe. Wreathed in flame and crackling with electricity, his eyes begin to glow red as his reactor thrums into overdrive. "YOU'RE NOT DONE SHOOTING AT ME!"

With a running leap he pounds his powerful right mitt down on the ground, cracking the floor as Joe ducks down to huddle against his cover. Polar's left paw swings around and slams him against the barrier, clasping his icy digits around the tiny reploid and squeezing him tight. Beads of water run sweat-like down Joe's face as the fire draws closer...

---------------
2 Ongoing damage from the fire.
Going into Greater Avalanche Stance.
Move action: W, W, N, N, NE, NE. 2 damage from electrified floor.
Attack: 1+5=6, a glancing hit. I choose Effect - Grab the target. While Grabbed, it has Disadvantage to attack anyone other than you.
While you are in this stance, if an attack misses you while you have an enemy Grabbed, the attack hits the Grabbed enemy as though the attacker had rolled a 4.
Gaining 1 HP for Defense Boost.
Role action: Mark Bazooka Joe. I am not giving him a chance to act again without punishment.
Saving Throw: 1. PB is very much on fire at this point.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 4, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Daisy's sworl of energy infuses Polar Barrier with vigor. His engine thrum turns to a tinny ring as the lights in his eyes turn from red to green and his chassis begins to reconstruct itself with a bubbling shimmer. Purple saxifrage blooms begin to emerge from his ventilation ducts as he stands up on his hind legs, lifting the reploid into the air above him. Unaccustomed to this unique rush, he begins to laugh madly.

"AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!"

------
HP: 9/13
save vs fire = 1. Still very much on fire.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 4, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
HP: 5/13
Miss Tokens: 1

Polar Barrier, wracked with convulsions and beginning to smell of burning rubber, begins to dim. The waves of restorative energy rippling over his chassis struggle to out-repair the blaze that has now enveloped the pseudoroid completely. Just as it seems like his pistons and servos have no more left to give, Dr. Mann's words shake him from his stupor.

"Get out of there, drat you!"

I can't die here, Polar Barrier's processor cries in protest. If I get electretired, I'm gonna lose a bet!

With a sustained cry of pain, Polar Barrier wrenches his feet once more from the electrified grate. He stumbles toward Bazooka Joe like a drunken fire dancer, attempting to swipe at him ineffectually. He slumps against the far wall, holding up his hand to discover that his icy fingers are now nothing more than gentle streams of water running down his arms.

"H-hey-" Polar barrier says, flicking a sprinkle of water at the reploid with his other fingerless hand. "Gebback 'ere..."
---------------

Before my turn: +1 HP from pharmacopia
Dr. Mann's Tactics gives me a free move action: N, NE, E, E, E, E.
On my turn: +2 HP from pharmacopia
Dropping back into standard Avalanche Stance.
Melee Attack vs Bazooka Joe: 1+3=4. I'll mark down the miss token on the off-chance this combat is still going on my next turn.
Move action: Shift 1 square E into the wall.
Role action: Mark Bazooka Joe. What a useful robot I am this fight.
Free action to swap back into Glacier Stance because my hands are completely thawed out
Saving Throw vs fire: 3. STILL ablaze.
Saving Throw to sustain pharmacopia: 5. Still juiced up.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 9, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
HP: 2/13
Miss Tokens: 1

Polar Barrier scrapes his frame up against the venting unit, unable to get his massive arms close enough to swipe at Bazooka Joe. Losing his patience, he finally just rears back and plunges his relatively slender neck into the crevice. His Bassnium teeth, sharp as ever, crack into Joe's helmet and firmly take hold of him.

Pushing back against the wall and vent with his arms, he yanks Bazooka Joe into the air. They balance perfectly upright for a moment that seems to last forever, and then Polar Barrier falls backward with a fiery arc, suplexing Joe into the floor with enough force to detonate the plunky reploid's internal reactor.

They erupt into a fiery explosion, scattering thick, oily flames over the pillar and floor. For a terrifying few seconds, all that is visible is a heap of flaming scrap before Spring Hyenard defuses the tension with an extended blast from the nearest fire extinguisher.

The chilly dust settles around Polar Barrier. The pseudoroid feebly raises his thumb nub.

-------------
+2 HP from pharmacopia
Free action to swap back into Avalanche Stance for a dramatic deathblow
Melee Attack vs Bazooka Joe: 5+3=8. That oughta wrap it up.
After combat my compatriot is presumably able to remedy my ongoing damage without any trouble.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 14, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Venomrail Station: Entrance

ElegantFugue posted:

Hyenard sweeps the extinguisher back and forth over Polar, doing his best to put out the lingering flames. "Hell of a show, Polar, geez. Where'd you learn to fight like THAT?"
Polar Barrier takes Hyenard's hand and creaks his way into a semi-vertical position. "Oh, I dunno. Hercules Beetle, I s'pose." He coughs, sits on the floor for a moment and catches his breath. "We, uh, didn't get a lot of channels up at Euler Station. But my fr- eh, co-worker of mine used to dupe all the PWF recordings he could catch. I must have seen that title match between Herc Beetle and Camel Heel, oh... two dozen times or so." He chuckles. "Boy could that 'roid put on a show".

Standing, Polar Barrier brushes off his face and stretches his pistons before joining the rest of the team in the hub. "They do not make them like that anymore," he says wistfully.

Venomrail Station: Information Hub

Plutonis posted:

Sawyer's tail menacingly whips the air, and the Reploid can see the remains of a broken Met and pieces of masonry stuck on the large harpoon on the tail's end. "YOU. OBEY. COME WITH US. ANSWER QUESTIONS." The Pseudoroid grunts, his massive presence and the sharp spikes covering his body making the demands quite persuasive to the poor Joe. "OR ELSE."
Polar Barrier steps up to the loudly revving motorgator and calmly puts a hand on his shoulder. He looks down at the cowering reploid beneath Sawyer. "You will have to excuse my comrade, he is very tactile."

"What he means to say is that we are not here to retire you. You will escape unharmed as long as you comply with our requests." He begins to step away, then turns back in a faux-double-take. "...You ARE going to comply with our requests... Right?"

Moriatti posted:

"I just this is just my job! I don't want to die!"
Polar offers his hand to the reploid.
"If you lead us to the supply depot we will make all necessary acquisitions and depart this location."

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 19, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Polar Barrier
Venomrail Station: Information Hub

"Perfect!" Polar Barrier says, gesturing toward Sawyer. "My comrade and I are Very Important Pseudoroids."

He waves his friends toward the door. "Come, friends, if we hurry we can still catch up to the supply shipment."

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"Oh yeah, and Peebee?" She says to Barrier. "I told Eagle you said hi, and he said I should buy you a beer for getting that guy off my back. After this I was gonna see what Task could mix up if I give her the ingredients, wanna come with?"

"Sounds like a plan - hopefully our bartender friend is feeling up to the... assignment."

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

quote =/ edit