Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
1. Shake Shack
2. Steak and Shake
3. Whataburger
4. Chick Fil A
5. In and Out
6. Five Guys
7. Fatburger
8. Culver's
9. Swenson's
10. Harvey's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Five guys burgers are like 7-8 bucks sure, but that's unlimited toppings of whatever they got, made fresh right in front of you. Also here's the proest of five guys tips: extra cheese and extra bacon are free too

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Gatts posted:

1. Shake Shack
2. Steak and Shake
3. Whataburger
4. Chick Fil A
5. In and Out
6. Five Guys
7. Fatburger
8. Culver's
9. Swenson's
10. Harvey's

10 days in a row is pretty heavy going dude

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Get that chicken sandwich bs outta the burg thread imo

Anyway I went to 5 guys' online order thing and 1 burger with a small fry and drink costs 15.81 after tax. that's over twice the cost of a #1 at in n out.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
a hooker ripped me off in an in-and-out parking lot and that should tell you everything about their clientele - DESPICABLE!!!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's a Chicken Burger. CHICKEN BURGER. Unless a Chicken Burger is specifically ground chicken versus whole breast. But it's between burger buns. So it's a burger.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Gatts posted:

It's a Chicken Burger. CHICKEN BURGER. Unless a Chicken Burger is specifically ground chicken versus whole breast. But it's between burger buns. So it's a burger.

i feel like ranking fillet-o-fish type sandwiches against chicken burgers is entirely reasonable but chicken -> beef is a leap too far

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

There's a Culver's that appeared outta no where. Never seen it before, never been to one. There's something about the name and logo that yells out "drive-thru Cracker Barrel". If a black person walked into one would they get weird looks?

I dunno, I'm just now looking at their website menu and it's alright. I might try one of their burgers for the sake of it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

lol but seriously I posted:

i feel like ranking fillet-o-fish type sandwiches against chicken burgers is entirely reasonable but chicken -> beef is a leap too far

It is interesting we have 1 great chicken burger fast food chain in Chick Fil A but no fish/seafood based fast food fish burger chain. Unless you're counting like, Long John Silvers/Arthur Treachers but that's like, fried fish fillet than burger.

Also, I forgot about A&W as a top 11 chain. And I have to admit, I like Rally's. They're awesome for late night so they get #12.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 20, 2019

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

did a bunch of west coast dipshits jack off over mediocre burgers

Who cares nerd.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

If a black person walked into one would they get weird looks?

I dunno, I'm just now looking at their website menu and it's alright. I might try one of their burgers for the sake of it

Nah

It's basically a better Wendy's for about the same price.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
last summer i went to whataburger during my first trip to texas and just laughed at myself as i ate it

it was basically carls jr/hardees quality. i mean holy gently caress lmao texas you got great food and this aint it.

not the hill you want to die on. then again didnt all of your heroes get loving owned at some dumb little fort for literally nothing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

There's a Culver's that appeared outta no where. Never seen it before, never been to one. There's something about the name and logo that yells out "drive-thru Cracker Barrel". If a black person walked into one would they get weird looks?

It's Midwestern and basically a Dairy Queen. You'd be fine. I don't remember if their hot food is any good, but their soft-serve ("frozen custard") is great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gatts posted:

1. Shake Shack
2. Steak and Shake
3. Whataburger
4. Chick Fil A
5. In and Out
6. Five Guys
7. Fatburger
8. Culver's
9. Swenson's
10. Harvey's
What are Swenson's and Harvey's?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are Swenson's and Harvey's?

Swensons is a drive in that is popular in Ohio that makes burgs with a bit of brown sugar. It’s good, has a cult following but imo not top tier. Harvey’s is a Canadian chain and they char grill the burger on an actual grill then you get to assemble the toppings like a Subway for what you want on it. Even their double burger doesn’t feel heavy and they have this great cool temp crunch of the veggies and hot beef plus have hot pepper rings. It’s nostalgia for me as a kid when I lived in Canada. Plus they have Poutine.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Whataburger was my favorite part of living in Texas

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

Last time I went to 5 guys I picked up 3 cheeseburgers w fries for me and my nieces and paid like forty loving us dollars

I can see how it is worth maybe if you get a ton of stuff on it (since they just charge a flat price regardless of what you get on it yeah?) but holy poo poo if I just want a regular burg no way

It amuses me that this poster is both fat AND poor. Shut your poorhole fattie. Or your fathole poorie.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The newest Dick's is just up the road from me and it's perfect for a cheap, basic burger.

Never understood the love for Five Guys. If I'm paying that much for a burger, the least you can do is season the drat thing. Every time I've gone they've been too greasy and bland.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

its all nice on rice posted:

The newest Dick's is just up the road from me and it's perfect for a cheap, basic burger.

Never understood the love for Five Guys. If I'm paying that much for a burger, the least you can do is season the drat thing. Every time I've gone they've been too greasy and bland.

This dude loves eating dicks lol

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Whole bags of dicks. Shove all the dicks in my mouth. Just won't pay extra for ketchup I got that at home. Or you steal it from another burger place.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

This dude loves eating dicks lol

lol i prefer an assburger usually hah

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do people actually like the burgers at Dicks? I always thought it was just like a local nostalgia/drunk thing. The burgs there are always kinda dry and nowhere near as fresh tasting as somewhere like five guys or In n out. I guess they're really cheap though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tom Gorman posted:

In n out still remains very reasonably priced and good value while being comparably delicious.
yeah i feel this is what people don't get. Sure us Californians hype up in n out a lot and so if you're visiting here from out of state and go there, you might be disappointed going "huh how is this the best burger ever??? because we're loud and obnoxious about it. And it's true, it's not, there's plenty of bougie boutique fancy burger places that are mindblowingly good, but they're like $10-$15 for a burg'.

for what In N Out is, it's a loving $2.50 cheeseburger that tastes loving great for a $2.5 burger. and also they pay their employees like $15/hr.

no amount of lovely midwestern or southern regional chains competes on that level of deliciousness, price, and employee wages on that level at all and they probably pay their employees like $3.75 an hr or whatever legal "tipped" wage they can get away with.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do people actually like the burgers at Dicks? I always thought it was just like a local nostalgia/drunk thing. The burgs there are always kinda dry and nowhere near as fresh tasting as somewhere like five guys or In n out. I guess they're really cheap though.
It 100 percent depends on when and where you get them. Like any sort of super cheap thin drive-in style burger you have to get them fresh and hope whoever's in the kitchen isn't drunk or else you end up with garbage. Done right you get something really flavorful even if it's not actually much meat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xaris posted:

yeah i feel this is what people don't get. Sure us Californians hype up in n out a lot and so if you're visiting here from out of state and go there, you might be disappointed going "huh how is this the best burger ever??? because we're loud and obnoxious about it. And it's true, it's not, there's plenty of bougie boutique fancy burger places that are mindblowingly good, but they're like $10-$15 for a burg'.

for what In N Out is, it's a loving $2.50 cheeseburger that tastes loving great for a $2.5 burger. and also they pay their employees like $15/hr.

no amount of lovely midwestern or southern regional chains competes on that level of deliciousness, price, and employee wages on that level at all and they probably pay their employees like $3.75 an hr or whatever legal "tipped" wage they can get away with.

Theres also a fuckload of Habit burgers here in CA now if you are really into charbroiled and they are priced somewhat similarly.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Dicks is mediocre at best but it's cheap, they pay their employees well, AFAIK, and there's no in n out this far north.
Blazing onion or even red robin have better burgers for the same price as five guys.
I'll do red mill if I'm near one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

its all nice on rice posted:

Dicks is mediocre at best but it's cheap, they pay their employees well, AFAIK, and there's no in n out this far north.
Blazing onion or even red robin have better burgers for the same price as five guys.
I'll do red mill if I'm near one.
Five Guys was better than the Red Robin I tried recently. Ruby Tuesday is nicer than RR in my experience, but Red Robin is better than Applebees.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Gatts posted:

1. Shake Shack
2. Steak and Shake
3. Whataburger
4. Chick Fil A
5. In and Out
6. Five Guys
7. Fatburger
8. Culver's
9. Swenson's
10. Harvey's

Whataburger is way too highly ranked. That poo poo sucks.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Gatts posted:

1. Shake Shack
2. Steak and Shake
3. Whataburger
4. Chick Fil A
5. In and Out
6. Five Guys
7. Fatburger
8. Culver's
9. Swenson's
10. Harvey's

Chick fil a doesnt have burgers you artard. They do have the best chicken sandwich tho

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Also gently caress fat burger not good and way tf overpriced and their fries are worse than in n out, i lived right around the corner from one for a year and a half (closed down cause it sucked) and thr mother fucker wasnt even open until 2 in the morning so shut the gently caress up ice cube

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Theres also a fuckload of Habit burgers here in CA now if you are really into charbroiled and they are priced somewhat similarly.

Yeah Habit is the poo poo and their seasonal burgers are really good and also cheap but I haven't been in one that isn't super tiny inside and set up stupidly so you end up like directly standing over people eating, or are blocking half the place from getting to the drink bar while you wait in line to order.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
chickfila is the dumbest allah damned chain on teh face of planet earth lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

onedayholiday posted:

a hooker ripped me off in an in-and-out parking lot and that should tell you everything about their clientele - DESPICABLE!!!

is nothing sacred

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

yeah they just opened one in Albany/Berkeley that I've stepped into but never ate there. iirc a cheeseburger there is closer to $4.50 compared to $2.50 tho. a very decent price for california but also still like almost double the price of an in n out.

ill give em a shot sometime though.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 20, 2019

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Habit’s is pretty decent. Service at Red Robin invariably sucks rear end and the quality of the food seems pretty variable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nooner posted:

Also gently caress fat burger not good and way tf overpriced and their fries are worse than in n out, i lived right around the corner from one for a year and a half (closed down cause it sucked) and thr mother fucker wasnt even open until 2 in the morning so shut the gently caress up ice cube
I like their burgers a lot, at least the one near me is good, but their fries do suck.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I laugh at "I like the it" every time.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I'm responsible for the recent popularization of making GBS threads on In n Out fries, your welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Gimme two junior chibbers and a bigmcnaldo.