Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Check this out backstage footage wise even if you don't like Ethan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugx3kfmmJkg

I love how Kikutaro wanders around with his mask balanced on top of his head like Adebisi's hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good recap of the Collective shows https://indiewrestlingintl.wordpres...signs-with-bjw/

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The highlight of all the non-GCW shows I saw was definitely the sparsely attended IWS show that was headlined by Arik Canon vs. Sexxxy Eddy in an “Alcobrawl” where every few minutes a song played and they had to take shots and beers. Now the wrestlers swore the drinks were real, they sure smelled real, but they pounded back 10-15 shots and a half dozen beers each in 20 minutes flat and were still standing backstage afterwards so I’m not 100% sure what to think. Also on the card was Green Phantom winning a 3 way with Gage and Tremont that went all over.

:blush:

Edit: the drinks were certainly real. It was a very long night with Eddy haha

stab fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 11, 2019

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Now that the weekend's over tell us who smuggled all the gear in their car while everyone else was in a van "just going to see Wrestlemania"

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
Is it worth the 99.99 for the collective set on fite I'm on the fence about it

stab
Feb 12, 2003

crazycarl posted:

Jjsb isw bloodsport and my show

My show

Buy it

Thanks

P.s alcobrawl

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

crazycarl posted:

I thi k just about every Collective show except Blackcraft was worth watching

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Blackcraft is also worth watching, just not by yourself or with the intent to see what most would call a "good wrestling show"

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

Draxion posted:

Blackcraft is also worth watching, just not by yourself or with the intent to see what most would call a "good wrestling show"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I thi k just about every Collective show except Blackcraft was worth watching

In having a hard time taking a death metal wrestling cult serious with Jonny new fed new name as the champ unless he breaks out a demon from hell gimmick

Also Jimmy Havoc missing this sucked

crazycarl fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 13, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Trying to take it seriously would probably lead to serious injury or something so definitely don't do that. It's the sort of show that'd be on old MST3K if they watched wrestling instead of movies.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The collective thing is worth $100 IMO.

All 4 GCW shows, AIW, and ISW were loving great. Family Reunion and Black Label Pro were good. I have not seen IWS or Chikara, but Chikara had two HM level matches from what I’ve heard.

Blackcraft sucked poo poo so bad that it’s almost worth watch parts of just to say you’ve seen the worst show of the millennium.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A few of those Collective shows are also on Independent Wrestling TV if you're looking to be more picky.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

crazycarl posted:

In having a hard time taking a death metal wrestling cult serious with Jonny new fed new name as the champ unless he breaks out a demon from hell gimmick

Also Jimmy Havoc missing this sucked

they spend the first 20 minutes crucifying a man

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea you could spend $60 on the two Janela shows, Bloodsport and AIW and watch ISW, Orange Cassidy, BLP, Family Reunion and Chikara on IWTV.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea you could spend $60 on the two Janela shows, Bloodsport and AIW and watch ISW, Orange Cassidy, BLP, Family Reunion and Chikara on IWTV.
This would be my recommendation as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I might wind up picking up Bloodsport at some point. I bought the two Janela shows and watched everything else on IWTV, but the concept of Bloodsport intrigues me enough to want to actually pay for it. That and the DDT show are, I think the main two shows I'm still thinking about buying.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Phenix Rising posted:

I might wind up picking up Bloodsport at some point. I bought the two Janela shows and watched everything else on IWTV, but the concept of Bloodsport intrigues me enough to want to actually pay for it. That and the DDT show are, I think the main two shows I'm still thinking about buying.
Bloodsport was, as far as batting average goes, the best show I saw live last week. Well worth checking out.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If you're gonna watch Blackcraft watch the opening 26 minutes where the commentators don't realize they're on air because it has some gems. Maybe be drunk or high though.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I've seen Kevin Gill sneaking hits off the weed vape at the commentary table so it wouldn't surprise me

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

stab posted:

Jjsb isw bloodsport and my show

My show

Buy it

Thanks

P.s alcobrawl

Your show

I bought it

Your welcome

P.s dont worry I will watch it I like sexxy Eddie ever since watching him and giant tiger in an alcobrawl

stab
Feb 12, 2003

crazycarl posted:

Your show

I bought it

Your welcome

P.s dont worry I will watch it I like sexxy Eddie ever since watching him and giant tiger in an alcobrawl

Aces thanks goon

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Aces thanks goon

Was KO Manny's hookup for those RAW tickets that were given away?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's the whole deal with Bloodsport anyway? Is it an actual shoot or no? Probably going to check it out today but want to know what to expect.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

What's the whole deal with Bloodsport anyway? Is it an actual shoot or no? Probably going to check it out today but want to know what to expect.

Mostly shoot-style. It's like old UWFi stuff was - still worked pro wrestling but they're sticking to a much more hard-hitting and realistic style, with a bunch of actual grappling and striking in it. Some people do just get knocked out though.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 14, 2019

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

The ending to the second match at bloodsport was brutal as soon as Kratos dropped that punch you knew the other guy was completely out

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
I went to 11 Mania weekend shows. Here is a list of them and the things I thought about when typing their names in this post just now-

Bloodsport: Is my favorite thing ever and I would like all pro wrestling to be Bloodsport in the future. Also, if Josh Barnett can't lend his name to the show again next year because of Bellator, they should just cut out the middle man and have Minoru Suzuki's Bloodsport because he's perfect for it. Almost every match was fun, and some of them were incredibly high energy and entertaining, even things like Andy Williams/Chris Dickinson that I had no thoughts on going in were hugely impactful in a week full of matches.

WrestleCon SuperShow: Lots of fun, only slightly down on the live experience as my seat wasn't too great. I really enjoyed the SCU/Best Friends & OC match, as well as seeing Liger in that setting. All of the other singles matches absolutely delivered as well.

RevPro UK: I understand why they paced the show as they did, but no one is getting a reaction after you get Suzuki working with Tanahashi. I did enjoy hearing the Roppongi 3K theme 3 times, that's worth a GA ticket alone. I saw Jonathan Gresham like 4 or 5 times and this was probably the match he shined the most in for me.

MLW: Was less spicy than the mediocre salsa I had at Holy Guacamole before going to that show. The crowd was more turned up than the wrestlers though which always makes for a weird environment. La Parka is fat and Filthy Tom is great.

Blackcraft: Bloodsport, Orange Cassidy, IWS, and JJSB3P2 were at this same venue and at those shows all the seats had the ticket holder's name on a post-it note for whatever row they bought in alphabetical order, however, Blackcraft had more of a "lord of the flies" mentality where you were given a wristband indicating, I think, just "not GA" and then sent out to "find a seat in your row". My brother and I found two open seats near ringside. I stayed until right before the Masato Tanaka match because it was the difference between getting back on a Path train at 3 AM vs 4 AM staying any longer. I regret the decision to leave far less than agreeing to go in the first place.

Orange Cassidy: There is nothing that can be said about this show that hasn't been said about this show already. For what you want to get out of a show like this, it was a home loving run, just so many fun moments. Although I wasn't huge on when Teddy Hart threw the cat wildly into the air. While he was wandering the crowd during another show I asked if the cat was on Ketamine, he said no, I asked if he was on Ketamine, he was less committal with an answer.

IWS: My brother and I were going to NJPW and wanted to be there by 6:30 so we could only stay for two matches, but they were both fun and it probably would've been a good show to stick around for, definitely not the barn burner other shows were, but hard workers looking to show off so definitely going to try and catch a replay.

NJPW: It was the worst of ROH and the pretty good of NJPW all on one card. I left before the main event to get to Spring Break on time because of the issue with seats the night before at Blackcraft. I also enjoyed hearing the Roppongi 3K theme three more times.

JJSB3P2: I can only really attest to what happened before I blacked out about halfway through the clusterfuck match, and there are only confusing blackout recollection images of things I'm not sure really happened after that. I feel like I saw Hornswoggle bite off a piece of flesh from Necro Butcher's foot. I remember the spot with the massive thing of like 8 light tubes. At one point there was someone missing multiple legs. La Parka was there all fat and winning again.

I also went to WrestleMania and Raw, I regret that more than going to Blackcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
Oh, also, El Hijo de LA Park was in the ring with Sami Callihan and my brother asked me, "Is that El Hijo de LA Park again?" But I thought he said, "Is that The Human Fart again?" referring to Sami Callihan.

Mods, please change Sami Callihan's name to "The Human Fart"