Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh god teddy is talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Orange Cassidy's show apparently has been the most lived streamed show from IWTV

and it completely deserves to be

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Orange Cassidy corpsing like crazy with Teddy Hart

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1114586857839394817

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Orange Cassidy show was awesome, well worth the $10 if you didn't watch it live

cams
Mar 28, 2003

how was the revpro show from yesterday? i've got wrestlecon supershow from thursday and am gonna buy the orange cassidy show, but didn't hear too many people going crazy about the revpro one. it has my njpw pals.

i am happy with $40 spent for wrestlemania weekend

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

cams posted:

how was the revpro show from yesterday? i've got wrestlecon supershow from thursday and am gonna buy the orange cassidy show, but didn't hear too many people going crazy about the revpro one. it has my njpw pals.

I bought 4 shows: Orange Cassidy, Boner Jam, JJSB Night 1, and IWS. IWS is gonna have to REALLY poo poo the bed to kill my buzz. Because all the other shows were extremely entertaining.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this weekend is murder

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

cams posted:

It was okay but not as good as previous years. It’s not a waste of money by any means but I wouldn’t say you’re missing out either.

The suzuki gun tag was great. Roppongi 3K-Aussie Open was good and Ishii-Starr was good. The rest was kind of just there.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

cams posted:

It was ok. Not as good as the Wrestlecon Supershow by a long shot. The Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr. / Hiroshi Tanahashi & Will Ospreay match was the highlight but nothing spectacular.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've paid for three shows: DDT, and both JJSBs. Everything else I've seen has been from my IWTV free trial so far. It's been totally worth it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I was annoyed at myself for not doing the Collective buy, but it sounds like between the RevPro show being average, being totally out of the loop with Chkara, and Blackcraft being the indy equivalent of December to Dismember, maybe going piecemeal was the way to go.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was annoyed at myself for not doing the Collective buy, but it sounds like between the RevPro show being average, being totally out of the loop with Chkara, and Blackcraft being the indy equivalent of December to Dismember, maybe going piecemeal was the way to go.

RevPro was a wrestlecon show

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

RevPro was a wrestlecon show

Ah, okay. I don't feel as bad then.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
RevPro suffered from poor card structure. The Suzukigun tag was absolutely incredible I thought, but it destroyed the crowd for everything else. Starr/Ishii was excellent as well, but the main event being Aussie Open/R3K was painful. They were totally fine, but the crowd was hollowed out entirely.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

RevPro suffered from poor card structure. The Suzukigun tag was absolutely incredible I thought, but it destroyed the crowd for everything else. Starr/Ishii was excellent as well, but the main event being Aussie Open/R3K was painful. They were totally fine, but the crowd was hollowed out entirely.

There were a bunch of people leaving early for NXT which had a lot to do with the card structure

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How was the straight up WC Supershow? The only things I know are that SCU vs Best Orange Friends was fun (I saw the spot with Orange and Daniels on FB) and that WIll Ospreay had a good match and then was a passive aggressive tool on the mic afterwards.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Orange Cassidy's show apparently has been the most lived streamed show from IWTV

Was streamed just before dinner time in the UK and Cassidy is very over here. A great timeslot. Most Collective's stuff has been streamed in the early hours of the morning.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/KaijuBigBattel/status/1114607803635830786

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

How was the straight up WC Supershow? The only things I know are that SCU vs Best Orange Friends was fun (I saw the spot with Orange and Daniels on FB) and that WIll Ospreay had a good match and then was a passive aggressive tool on the mic afterwards.

the stream died in them middle of one of the more anticipated matches and came back for the ending so people were mad. They uploaded the match for free later though. I dunno if Stardom has done similar or not yet

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I ended up watching part of Piledrivers and Pancakes this morning when I dropped in at WrestleCon (eh.).

Just checked into my hotel for tonight, and discovered it’s the same one the NJPW talent was booked in, so I’ve just been marking out (to myself) in the lobby.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IWS is on soon/nowish, support a goon and watch

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

IWS is on soon/nowish, support a goon and watch

I started a thread, they're 30 minutes late but more notably, there's maybe 50 people in the crowd

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I started a thread, they're 30 minutes late but more notably, there's maybe 50 people in the crowd

Yeah issues. We are ready to go. And for low attendance, we kinda expected it being stranger in a strange land etc.

It is what it is. Still glad to be there, and thanks for your support goons.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So according to a chatter on the Fite stream, Joey broke his arm.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So according to a chatter on the Fite stream, Joey broke his arm.

Janela?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yeah, I call BS since it's not on Joey's Twitter, though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My big takeaway from this year's Mania weekend is that apparently WWE is the only company that knows how to properly mic crowds

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I thought those who partook in a decent amount of shows could talk about new people who wowed them

For me it was Jake Atlas, Tony Deppen, Dustin "No Legs" Wilson, Shane Mercer, Addy Starr (I'd seen her once before but was nonplussed, she fuckin' crushed it this weekend), Jungle Boy (I haven't watched PWG in a while due to cancelling my HS subscription, so he's new to me), Jeff Cannonball, and I also liked the Butcher and the Blade.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tony Deppen killed it at the Orange Cassidy show and should definitely get more bookings going forward

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i LOVE tony deppen and he def took it to the next level this weekend, i hope he finally starts getting booked more in the bigger indies outside of gcw and chikara off the back of his performances here

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

For this weekend my new standouts would probably have to be Tony Deppen, Daniel Makabe, Shane Mercer, Allie Kat, Jake Atlas, and Kris Statlander. Probably some others I'm missing, but Deppen and Mercer alone were fantastic in just about everything I saw them in. Deppen alone makes me want to watch every GCW event going forward just because of him and I hope Mercer can get some bookings too.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I’ve seen nxt ddt bloodsport revpro Usa v world and NJPW/roh. What would people say is the best of the rest to watch? Stardom and both janelas?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Janelas and Orange Cassidy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AIW was good

Otani's best match was on the show and the 2nd match of the night is a brutal death match

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imo the best card not on that list is wrestlecon supercard

my second choice would be the orange cassidy show

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Janelas and Orange Cassidy

these, plus I thought Interspecies Wrestling was a lot of fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Takuan posted:

these, plus I thought Interspecies Wrestling was a lot of fun.

It was terrific

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

brody king came straight from G1 Supercard and sang along to Bad Romance

https://twitter.com/Dnellicious/status/1114762604826759169

i'm so happy with everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Check this out backstage footage wise even if you don't like Ethan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugx3kfmmJkg