Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1112837941502590976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think I just made my decision on whether to watch NXT or JJSB first on Friday... :allears:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

KungFu Grip posted:

why is AIW mad
Joe said he hoped their show failed, apparently.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

okay so what is the plan are we doing korean bbq this weekend

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So what's everybody watching this weekend? The Fite TV packages look tempting but there's a lot of stuff I either can't watch live or just not interested, so I'm probably gonna pick and choose.

Locks

DDT
Kaiju
Spring Break
Orange Cassidy
G1 Supercard

Watching on demand

Takeover
WrestleCon Supershow
MLW

Might watch on demand

Stardom
Penis Party
Bloodsport

Everything else I'm just kinda playing by ear

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My plan for live is:

Beyond Uncharted Territory
IWTV Family Reunion
Bloodsport
Wrestlecon Supershow
Impact
Wrestlecon USA vs. The World
Rev Pro
NXT Takeover
Wrestling Revolver/Orange Cassidy Show
G1 Supercard
Spring Break 2
Wrestlemania

Somewhere in the gaps I'm going to try to watch Stardom, Spring Break 1 and the Penis Party show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mannnnn i picked the wrong show

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Can you start FITE events at the beginning when they are still going on, or do you have to wait until after they are finished? If I can't start live a couple of hours in I may have to wait until Saturday to watch DDT due to work.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Can you start FITE events at the beginning when they are still going on, or do you have to wait until after they are finished? If I can't start live a couple of hours in I may have to wait until Saturday to watch DDT due to work.

i think you have to catch it where its at when live

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do they archive shows you can buy on demand? Because that's probably the only way I can watch both Spring Break Part 1 and Penis Party, which are going head-to-head.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Benne posted:

Do they archive shows you can buy on demand? Because that's probably the only way I can watch both Spring Break Part 1 and Penis Party, which are going head-to-head.

They do, so you can buy safely.

I realized I could watch the first 90+ minutes of DDT before switching over to Drag Race, so I'll probably do that. I'll also have to watch Spring Break before NXT.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

You get the VOD archive of that show as long as FITE is a thing IIRC, that's not an issue

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Man I hope some of you goons come out to watch my crew or watch it on stream or some poo poo.

Here's a promo for the IWS show that we did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuBYHQyj_to

What do you guys think?

I think I need a drink.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is the status of beef wellington's dad's butthole

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
My current mood is "don't buy Family Reunion or U.S. vs. The World tickets until the last minute because I simultaneously really love both cards on paper but would also kind of like a morning/early afternoon without wrestling."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Pinwiz11 posted:

They do, so you can buy safely.

I realized I could watch the first 90+ minutes of DDT before switching over to Drag Race, so I'll probably do that. I'll also have to watch Spring Break before NXT.

Chris James 2 posted:

You get the VOD archive of that show as long as FITE is a thing IIRC, that's not an issue

Sweet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am extremely bothered that the yankees have no home games mania weekend

stab
Feb 12, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what is the status of beef wellington's dad's butthole

That's ISW and not IWS but I was there for that whole story arc.

Beef's dad's butthole is currently safe. The 72 hour proviso of GT getting Beef's dad's butthole is long done.

Although I do wonder where the Beef Father Fucker Championship belt ended up.

Yes. Pro wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HeadlockedComic/status/1112871009781256192

https://twitter.com/Oniwanbashu/status/1112930630679982080

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Guessing this goes here - I've been avidly watching for what merch NJPW was bringing to the G1 show.

3 posts so far from NJPW, including what's going to be on sale at the Matsuri event.

https://www.njpw1972.com/47230

https://www.njpw1972.com/47286

https://www.njpw1972.com/47388

https://www.njpw1972.com/47313

Thinking I'm in for an LIJ NYC shirt and a NJPW towel.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

blast0rama posted:

Guessing this goes here - I've been avidly watching for what merch NJPW was bringing to the G1 show.

3 posts so far from NJPW, including what's going to be on sale at the Matsuri event.

https://www.njpw1972.com/47230

https://www.njpw1972.com/47286

https://www.njpw1972.com/47388

https://www.njpw1972.com/47313

Thinking I'm in for an LIJ NYC shirt and a NJPW towel.

Criminal lack of Suzukigun merch.

On the other hand, kind of want a New Japan apron because I'm a dope.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

So guys i know i'm page spamming but if you're in the area for mania come see my crew at the iws on april 6th 4pm.

This is a sweetener...

Iws.ticketleap.com

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/1113235153067872257

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

...huh

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012

stab posted:

That's ISW and not IWS but I was there for that whole story arc.

Beef's dad's butthole is currently safe. The 72 hour proviso of GT getting Beef's dad's butthole is long done.

Although I do wonder where the Beef Father Fucker Championship belt ended up.

Yes. Pro wrestling.

Belt’s in Texas on the mantle of a rather wealthy Giant Tiger fan. Wrestling, indeed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Stardom has only announced 1 match for their show this week lmao

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BaldipISW posted:

Belt’s in Texas on the mantle of a rather wealthy Giant Tiger fan. Wrestling, indeed.

Is Giant Tiger a wrestler or Giant Tiger the discount chain?

I've learned not to make assumptions.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Anyone from folks regional Indies worth looking out for this weekend? Jacob Fatu is my local indie's champion and has already gotten some national recognition after appearing in GCW and MLW.

Jake Atlas is another person to keep an eye on, he has a ton of potential and is a rising star in the California indie scene.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Aphrodite posted:

Is Giant Tiger a wrestler or Giant Tiger the discount chain?

I've learned not to make assumptions.

Giant Tiger is a wrestler, exactly like Tiger Mask.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay well if you're taking suggestions, something something Tigre Géant.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Anyone from folks regional Indies worth looking out for this weekend? Jacob Fatu is my local indie's champion and has already gotten some national recognition after appearing in GCW and MLW.

Jake Atlas is another person to keep an eye on, he has a ton of potential and is a rising star in the California indie scene.

There's a lot of guys who work primarily AIW and not many other places, and a lot of them are pretty good. I'll just list em.
Matthew Justice is the current AIW Intense champion, and goes insane in-ring any time you let him. He's on the AIW show wrestling PB Smooth (below), Tim Donst, and Tom Lawlor and also on Blackcraft wresting Gangrel.
PB Smooth is the current AIW Absolute champion, he's an enormous athletic man who has the potential to be a huge star if he gets a spot on a big show ever. He's a lot newer to wrestling than the other guys in this match, but I think is on his way to big things.
The Production is a stable with excellent character work that's starting to break out of just Cleveland. Their gimmick is some sort of demonic film production crew, and currently consists of Derek Direction (the director), Eddy Only (the stagehand), and Danhausen (the writer). Frankie Flynn, the lead, is currently super sick or hurt or something and hasn't been around. They're on the AIW show, and at least one is at Blackcraft as well.
The Philly Marino Experience is another great tag team, made up of Philly Collins and Marino Tenaglia. They come out to a Phil Collins song, they're some of the most consistently over people on any AIW show, and both clearly care a lot about wrestling well as a tag team. Probably my favorites out of this list.
Tre LaMar is an insane high-flyer type. His regular partner, Chase Oliver, is hurt right now but they do a ridiculous suicide dive/golden triangle moonsault move where they cross paths in midair, to give you an idea of his style. He's in the Black Label Pro tag championship match.
I think lastly is Dominic Garrini. He's probably the most well known guy out of AIW right now, and works a much more ground based style than anyone else on my list. He's also basically the head trainer at the AIW school right now, so a lot of the younger guys have been at least partially trained by him now that Johnny Gargano's not around. He's working Bloodsport, the AIW show, the IWTV Family Reunion, and Black Label Pro. As an honorable mention, his AIW opponent's manager Maserati Wes Barkley probably has a decent shot at Stokely Hathaway's old role on the indies if he can get his name out there, he's fantastic. Wes wrestles too, but I think he's a much better talker than wrestler.

That's everyone I can think of. AIW doesn't have the same supershow status that a lot of shows this weekend are doing, but they've been moving to a role where they can develop and show off new or underexposed talent and hopefully launch some new stars' careers. If you're not watching anything else at 11 PM tomorrow, it's almost certainly going to be a show worth checking out.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 3, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Stardom has only announced 1 match for their show this week lmao

They're starting to fix that this hour lol

The previously announced Hazuki defending the High Speed title against Dust

Momo Watanabe vs Utami Hayashishita for the Wonder of STARDOM title

Oedo Tai (Session Moth Martina, Kagetsu, Jamie Hayter and Andras Miyagi) vs STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano, Saki Kashima and Arisa Hoshiki) in an elimination match

Jungle Kyona and Natsuko Tora vs Sonya Strong and Violette

Brittany Blake and Britt Baker vs Bea Priestley and Konami vs Hana Kimura and Bobbi Tyler

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 3, 2019

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Momo vs Utami match has an outside shot of being match of the night.

It'll definitely be match of the show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wrestle Pro and Beyond are tonight at 8pm I think the Beyond card looks better, but idk if either are must see

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

Wrestle Pro and Beyond are tonight at 8pm I think the Beyond card looks better, but idk if either are must see

Support Beyond and their weekly series

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

Support Beyond and their weekly series

I am, opener is SCU vs LAX & Chris Dickinson

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Is the Beyond ring smaller than normal or is it the camera angle?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinwiz11 posted:

Is the Beyond ring smaller than normal or is it the camera angle?

normal as in smaller than wwe or smaller than they usually use

because it's the same size they normally use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick