Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

exploded mummy posted:

normal as in smaller than wwe or smaller than they usually use

because it's the same size they normally use

Smaller than wwe. I assume it's smaller due to the venue size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a cool looking little venue tbh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

It's a cool looking little venue tbh

it's a hookah lounge

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
(This is the one WM weekend show I bought a ticket to see live)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Next week is Retro vs Gangrel

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Beaver Boys open challenge

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

AUSSIE OPEN ONE WEEK EARLY

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
was this the venue where Maff and Monsta Mack threw people into the wall.

Fletcher kind of reminds me of Jay White. I think I saw him on a NJPW/Rev Pro show and he was a lot thinner then so he's bulked up a bit

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

was this the venue where Maff and Monsta Mack threw people into the wall

They do that in a lot of places, so probably.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Good lord Reynolds’ chest

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
god drat davis murdered silver with that one arm power bomb

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
My weekend schedule is:

WXW
DDT

USA v World
RPW
MLW

ROH/NJ
Janela 2

Maybe raw or smackdown?

Being local makes it weirder that it's harder to ignore responsibilities.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dunkzilla loving rules

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

was this the venue where Maff and Monsta Mack threw people into the wall.

Fletcher kind of reminds me of Jay White. I think I saw him on a NJPW/Rev Pro show and he was a lot thinner then so he's bulked up a bit

There was a Hit Squad/Pretty Boy Killers at this venue once

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
That's on the must watch list.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
For the record Beyond is aiming to be about 2 hours, because Drew doesnt really want to book more than 2 hours of weekly episodic tv...

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I really like all the weird poo poo that Mick Moretti is doing with the ring ropes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i miss mick moretti's heihachi/mad scientist hair

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Good decision. Moretti was great. The other guy came off as a dime store Sammy Guevara

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
If both Kimber Lee and Kris lost I think we probably would have started taking down the ring and tossing it out to the street

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am so here for Grace/Cage

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Man Jordynne is in great shame. She looks like she's slimmed down while also bulking up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh its Session Moth and Orange Cassidy vs Jordynne Grace and Brian Cage

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh this is wonderful

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

Oh its Session Moth and Orange Cassidy vs Jordynne Grace and Brian Cage

this is gonna be great

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh drat they’re going pretty big for Americanrana

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh wow Beyond getting a bigger venue is dope.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Wooooo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
One hell of a way to end a show and get ready for the rest of the week

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Someone asked earlier if you can rewind on a live show on Fite TV and the answer is no as I just tried to check out WrestlePro Does Funny Equal Money but its mid show and I can't go back and start it at the beginning.

also wow is this an empty crowd

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Anyone from folks regional Indies worth looking out for this weekend? Jacob Fatu is my local indie's champion and has already gotten some national recognition after appearing in GCW and MLW.

Jake Atlas is another person to keep an eye on, he has a ton of potential and is a rising star in the California indie scene.

Unfortunately besides the aforementioned Dominic Garrini, my local indie's mostly repped on 2 shows.

Southern Underground Pro's made a name for itself by...really being the "in the mix" indie for the south besides maybe ACTION in the Chattanooga/North GA area. They've built up their six-man tag on the IWTV Family Reunion show considerably on their last few shows, and I'm real excited to see how it turns out.

Garrini's Sadkampf partner, Kevin Ku, is kind of the other half of what you get from Dom when it comes to the weird MMA-Strong Style-UWFi Revival style, in that he's an absolutely brutal and loud striker, and given the size of the Collective venue, may get a decent chance to show off his fan smacktalk game. They're also on the BLP show on Friday, taking on NWA Wildside longtimer Tank and MANNY GODDAMN FERNANDEZ in what sounds like a...well, an interesting match to say the least.

Their third partner is SUP Bonestorm Champion Brett Ison, a Tennessee indie guy for several years going back, and someone who really has a chance to stand out in this match (he's unfortunately not booked for anything else on the weekend). Works a fairly standard US Indie Strong Style with head drops and throws, but has really good presence and legitimately comes off as a guy who isn't one to gently caress with.

On the other side is a more colorful trio (well, at least two of the three); Cabana Man Dan is a babyface's babyface wrestler; tiki gimmick, barefoot, throws some mean Ricky Steamboat-esque armdrags, and tends to be the glue who can hold a match together (being one of the most experienced on the SUP roster). He's in the Wrestling With Wregret Battle Royal at BLP on Friday.

Perhaps actually best known for being "Romance" on season 1 of VH1's "I Love New York," Mr. Brickster has left that life behind to become one of the top SUP faces on the back of, yes, a LEGO gimmick. He's high intensity, he's got loads of charisma, and for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience, he's got a lot of enthusiasm and potential. Also, and I haven't confirmed this, he's also been referred to as "Lex Luger's Favorite Wrestler."

Finally on the face side, O'Shay Edwards is possibly set up to be the biggest star of the six in the shortest amount of time. Big, incredible presence, great promo, if there's a knock on him it's that he's not the smoothest or crispest wrestler, but that's not to say he's sloppy. Also in the WWW battle royal on Friday, he's finishing up his southern bookings in April in anticipation of moving to Baltimore on a ROH development look.

I think The Carnies were supposed to be part of NOVA Pro (along with at least a few of these five; O'Shay was I think the second or third guy off the show once things started breaking down), but with that show off the books and no other shows picking them up, they're staying out of the city. They're not necessarily "SUP Guys," but I'll also mention Gary Jay vs. Jake Parnell in the Last Man Standing main event tomorrow at IWTV is also two guys I've seen, and they're fantastic together. Allie Kat has a few matches coming off working this year's Young Lions Cup; an unannounced match at BLP and the Lumberjack Swamp Monster Match at Orange Cassidy's show, I can't recall if there's more; she's fun, and should fit in well in both matches. If you somehow haven't caught Mance Warner in CZW or MLW, he's on the CZW/WrestlePro show, both MLW shows, AIW (vs. Nick Gage), and Blackcraft.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my finalized schedule for shows...

thursday: wrestlecon supershow
friday: nxt
saturday: pancakes and piledrivers/new japan
sunday: mania (we have row O in sec 124, gonna need binoculars)

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I’m going to

Thursday
Wrestlecon Supershow

Friday
USA vs the World
RevPro
Penis Party

Saturday
Pancakes and Piledrivers
G1 Supercard
Spring Break Part 2

And I think I’m gonna head over to Japan Village today for the lil NJPW event they got going on :3

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Both of the last two posters have time to catch IWS before the ROH/NJPW supershow haha :)

If there's anybody who wants to make the IWS show on Saturday April 6th at 4pm PM me, i have some discount codes that will really make it worth your while :)

stab fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 4, 2019

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but here goes nothing.

I'll be in Brooklyn on Friday night with some friends. I've convinced them to come to NXT with me, but I think I might have to pay for everyone's tickets. Right now the cheapest tickets I see are $100, but I remember in the past seeing NXT tickets go down to $20 the day of the show.

Does this still happen? Does anyone think I'll be better off waiting until 6PM or later and getting cheap tickets? I'm the only wrestling fan in the group, so if we don't get tickets we will just do something else or go to a bar or something (We all live in the area) so it's not a big deal if I don't get tickets, I just don't want to pay $400 for my group to go, but I wouldn't mind paying $200.

Is there any luck for me? Will the ticket prices go down right before the show?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The wrestle pro show last night was god awful. Dont watch it

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

KungFu Grip posted:

What was wrong with it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it looked like the drat wrestle amateur show

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

Was that the Funny=Money show? I'm pretty sure that was viewed as the consensus worst show of the weekend beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Was that the Funny=Money show? I'm pretty sure that was viewed as the consensus worst show of the weekend beforehand.

Yes and Yes.

Also, the lighting and stream quality on this IWTV Reunion show is very good. If this is how all the Collective shows are, it'll be amazing.