Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr. Prokosch posted:

1. B

We're voting on 1, so it must have some kind of significance. If we want to try using a Quartz, I think it's better that Wotjeo uses the diamonds. Wotjeo is the base of the 2 diamonds madra system with a large dreamsilver and a small life dantian. Pumie also has a life dantian that's separate from Wotjeo's system. Maybe she can handle 1 quartz for the life dantian.

2. E

Cultivating Life in public is too risky. Even without diagnostic techniques people might recognize the odd color that's so clearly associated with Qianni. Besides, we don't want to neglect dreamsilver, it's associated with most of our techniques and Wotjeo's growth. We're also still kind of poo poo at cultivating Life.

For now I want to cultivate Life only under private supervision by Min or Qianni.
Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Shinarato posted:

Mr. Prokosch posted:

2. E

Cultivating Life in public is too risky. Even without diagnostic techniques people might recognize the odd color that's so clearly associated with Qianni. Besides, we don't want to neglect dreamsilver, it's associated with most of our techniques and Wotjeo's growth. We're also still kind of poo poo at cultivating Life.

For now I want to cultivate Life only under private supervision by Min or Qianni.
I go for this reasoning.

Late Fall - (Lianhe, Water Week(5), Day 1) continued

Wotjeo and Pūmič wisely decided to limit themselves to cultivating Wotjeo’s Dream Silver dantian. While the other disciples were probably too busy to notice, there was nothing preventing them from glancing their way, and there were a lot of them. Not to mention Elder Yun Hui was an Elder and so, they were sure, would notice immediately if they were cultivating Life madra instead of Dream Silver madra like they usually did.

Using the two balanced diamond VEAs they cultivated together much like they had almost every day since they were born. The Elder gave them a few tips as usual when he made his way around to them. He also gave them three diamond VEAs as a reward for helping Big Bailei get a spirit ally. It was really generous of the Elder, but the duo couldn’t help wishing they’d known ahead of time he was going to do that. If they had, they could have saved the contribution points they spent on the vital-essence amplifiers to cultivate with next week.

It was difficult for Wotjeo to be sure, but he felt like his dantian was on the edge of getting tougher. Maybe another day or two of cultivation like today and he’d be there, he thought.

After the Elder’s lesson, they returned to their sleeping cave early to play together in their dreams as they used to when they were children.

Late Fall - (Lianhe, Water Week(5), Day 2)

The next day started off much the same. Breakfast with friends. Slow, steady walk to the plaza between the Healer’s Hall and the Lesson Hall. Due to Bčiké’s slow pace, most of the other disciples had already arrived before them, and the rest were stuck waiting behind them; unwilling to brave passing the massive tortoise and bear spirits. Disciples cleared a path when they saw Liuxue and Bčiké coming for them.

As she followed Bčiké through the crowd, Pūmič spotted familiar faces standing in front of it. Elder Yun Tzu wasn’t alone today. Standing behind the outrageously muscular woman were all the Inner Disciples who led the free physical group lessons. If she squinted hard, this almost looked like morning meditation with the Elders back home. Pūmič waved at the disciples she recognized but, due to the solemn atmosphere, refrained from going to hug any of them.

As soon as the four of them settled in their places in the front row of disciples, Elder Yun Tzu began speaking, “Good morning Disciples! Today is a great day, because today you get to prove your dedication and worth to Luxing Traveling Academy. One by one, my fellow instructors will call you into the Lesson and Job Hall to test you. Those who pass, will be allowed to continue receiving my instruction. This test is intended to winnow out the feckless as much as the weak, so those who fail may try again, but only after everyone else has been tested. If you have been attending all of the lessons available to you, this test will be easy. If you have not… you will have an opportunity to demonstrate greater dedication and determination than you have so far.”

The Inner Disciples stepped forward and called out names one at a time and then led them away. Liuxue whispered to Pūmič, “They’re calling disciples one at a time. This can’t be a tournament or duel like I thought.”

Pūmič shrugged. She hadn’t had any preconceived notions about what the test was going to be, so she wasn’t surprised. Faintly amused she asked, “Why did you think we would have to fight? My dad always told me being stronger is half of winning a fight, but only half. Are the tests always tournaments?”

Liuxue nodded seriously, her short, shamrock-green hair hardly moving with the motion. “Of course! How else can we prove who is the best?”

Pūmič passed on Wotjeo’s silent comment to Liuxue, “Elder Yun Hui’s test wasn’t a fight, either.”

Liuxue grunted, sounding very like Bčiké for a moment, “That’s true. I don’t recognize most of the disciples who were called. Do you?”

Wotjeo and Pūmič discussed it silently for a moment before she replied. “I think they’re all ancestor born in the easiest exercise group. I recognize most of them from the few days I spent exercising with them before getting switched.”

Liuxue pouted. “That’s not fair! They should have called me first. I’m a scion of a Great House!”

The pattern in the names called they’d discovered continued. Disciples were taken away to be tested starting with the weakest and least experienced, and continuing to the strongest disciples, who had all arrived at Luxing Traveling Academy with prior experience. That meant Pūmič’s name was one of the last to be called, but still before either Liuxue or Lumang’s.

Inner Disciple Jirou, the same disciple who led the advanced group exercises Pūmič had gone to the last few weeks, was the one who called her name. After leading her into Practice Hall 3, he explained the test to her. “I’m going to ask you to do an exercise in a minute. To pass, you must perform it twenty times with no more than one mistake. If you fail, I’ll explain what you did wrong, and then lead you back outside where you can either leave or wait to try again. Do you understand?”

Wotjeo and Pūmič nodded their heads. Inner Disciple Jirou laughed when Wotjeo nodded. “I know you like to exercise too, spirit, but this test is only for Pūmič. You’re muscles and bones are shaped differently, so your motions have to be different from what we teach anyways.”

Wotjeo sadly shuffled out of the way.

When Inner Disciple Jirou told Pūmič to do goblet squats, she couldn’t resist grinning triumphantly. She’d been doing this with her father since the same winter she learned how to walk. This was going to be easy. She immediately began doing goblet squats exactly the way her father taught her.

Unfortunately, the way her father taught her to do them, and the way they wanted them down here was slightly different. Inner Disciple Jirou stopped her after just three reps. He explained what “mistakes” she’d made. Really, she’d just done a different style than they wanted.

She knew she could get it right if she was given another chance, and pleaded with her tester. “Please, can I try again? I know I can get it right this time. I was just doing it the way we do at home.”

Inner Disciple Jironou stood firm. “You can try again only after everyone else has a second try as well. I know you can do better than this. You should stick around.”

Pūmič sighed and followed him outside. A few breaths later, Lumang came out too. He waved and jogged over. “Why the long face? That test was easy! I’m sure you passed it too.”

Pūmič glowered at the jubilant boy. He didn’t have to rub it in her face like that. Or be so tall. “I messed up.”

Lumang looked embarrassed. He patted her comfortingly on the shoulder. “I’m sure you’ll get it next time.”

Pūmič scuffed her heel on the compressed dirt of the plaza. The ground of the plaza had been worn smoothish and grassless by the many disciples crisscrossing it every day. “Yeah. That’s what Inner Disciple Jironou said too.”

Lumang left to jog around the village a few times since it didn’t look like he’d be getting any exercise or fighting in today otherwise. Besides him, only two other disciples passed the test on their first try. One of them was an ancestor-born.

Liuxue wasn’t out yet, probably arguing with her tester, if Pūmič knew her friend. She liked the taller girl, but there was no denying she let her temper lead her into bad decisions. Qiqiang Haruhia beckoned for Pūmič to join her. Wotjeo and Pūmič jogged over to join her. The other disciples had left a wide open area around the night-black-skinned girl and the equally dark-furred shadow panther she was petting.

Pūmič was so short, she didn’t have to bend over much to hug the sitting girl. “Hi Pūmič. Hi Wotjeo. Don’t say anything. I’ve heard all I can stand from that Zhenqiang snake. He just won’t shut up about how the only thing my House is good for is fighting and I’m not even good at that. I should be sitting with Nuli Shengli right now. He’s been very generous but if I couldn’t listen to that slithering worm’s wagging tongue one more minute without challenging him.”

Liuxue caught Pūmič’s eye when she stormed out of the Lesson Hall. Noticing who Pūmič was talking to, she gestured for Pūmič to stay put and continue. Then she stomped off to fume on her own.
Wotjeo and Pūmič stay and chat with Qiqiang Haruhia and Wuye while they wait for their next turn.

Qiqiang Haruhia was called a second time a few disciples before Pūmič. When she came out she shook her head sorrowfully and rejoined Pūmič. “Almost. I made my first mistake on my tenth rep and my second mistake on my eighteenth. When it’s your turn, watch out. They switched exercises on me and I nearly did the one they asked me last time before realizing it.”

Forewarned, Pūmič is not surprised when her second test is to do diamond push-ups instead of goblet squats. This time, she nails it. There were no sneaky differences between the way her father taught her to do the exercise and the way they do it here.

Pūmič happily shares the good news with Qiqiang Haruhia, but promises to stay until the other girl succeeds. Wotjeo and her aren’t kept waiting long. The night-black skinned girl and her equally dark-furred panther both succeed on their third try. As does Big Bailei.

After Qiqiang Haruhia succeeds, Pūmič invites her to join her in keeping Liuxue company.

Qiqiang Haruhia gasps in disbelief. “You call her by her first name? Nuli Shengli doesn’t let anyone do that.”

The taller girl glances in the direction of Liuxue. Since her second failure, Liuxue has been taking her temper out by shooting at one of the trees by the stream at the edge of the plaza. Just as Qiqiang Haruhia looks over, Liuxue shoots the tree again. With a splintering crash, the trunk splits where her arrow sunk half-way to the fletching. Slowly, the tree begins toppling towards the river. It begins picking up speed as it tips over.

Qiqiang Haruhia hastily shakes her hands in front of her in a warding gesture. “Maybe another day! Bye!”

Wotjeo sighs. Pūmič scratches his head. The two of them wave goodbye to the already retreating Qiqiang Haruhia.

The duo keep Liuxue company until she finally succeeds on the sixth try. “That was so stupid! I guess I’ll have to start, ugh, coming to the boring lessons too.”

Her temper was not improved during the wait by hearing of other’s successes.

Chew Chengzhang took four tries to pass.

Dabai Zhuque succeeded on the fifth pass.

The only thing that seems to cheer her up is that Nuli Shengli failed his sixth try. Over dinner that night, Guanjia reports that her rival didn’t succeed until his eighth attempt.

In the end, roughly 4 out of 5 of the disciples manage to pass the test. Eventually. To Wotjeo and Pūmič's pleasure, most of the ancestor-born, like them, manage to pass. Most of the disciples who didn't pass were disciples who often skipped the lessons with the Elders.

I do not intend to have a vote on this again until ya’lls Life Dantian’s are common knowledge. Feel free to remind me I said I wouldn’t if I forget and do.

Experience
+25.4xp to Wotjeo’s Dream Silver Dantian
+27.2xp to physical stat

You have four social actions. Two are committed. You have two available to assign for the coming week. Please vote for two social actions. You may also suggest doing any other action, including elder lessons, with one person as a social action.
1) Who do you want to spend time with?
A. Hang out with Wotjeo :tbear:
B. Hang out with Liuxue :woop:
C. Hang out with your other roommate, Bčiké 🐢
D. Hang out with Big Bailei :black101:
E. Hang out with Zhuque 🔥
F. Hang out with Chew Chengzhang :blush:
G. Wotjeo said there was a spirit in the “shower” of the medicine hall, go talk to it 🚿
H. Wotjeo said there was a spirit in the “shower” of your wooden cave, go talk to it 🚿
I. Spend more time getting to know the servants in your wooden cave :worship:
J. Introduce yourself to Tie Shudaizi
K. Go shopping for training aids with Dashuijie
L. Girl Talk with Dashuijie
M. Dashuijie joins you at the once-born hospital
N. Spar with Big Bailei :black101:
O. Spar with Lumang and Big Bailei (I can’t think of any reason you’d want to spar with just Lumang, but you may write that option in if you want to).
P. Spend time getting to know your servant, Lu An :jewish:
Q. Try to get to know a random disciple
Write in

Schedule this week, order not set
Servant Auction?
Dreamwalking interludes

(Training 1) Healing Lessons with Old Wupo
(Training 2) Healing Lessons with Zhe Zhuru CP raise? Or new bone healing technique?
(Training 3) Meeting with Xue Min (half on whatever Xue Min wants to do, half on whatever goons vote for)
(Training 4 & Social 2) Dashuijie spirit hunt
(Training 5) Spirit Strength Tutor
Armor delivery

Schedule next week, order not set
Servant Auction?
Dreamwalking interludes

Elder Dantians
( Social 1) Elder Physical Stat Improvements + Repay Liuxue favor by making friends with Qiqiang Haruhia & Wuye - the black shadow panther girl
(Training 2) Healing Lessons with Zhe Zhuru CP raise? Or new bone healing technique?
(Training 3) Meeting with Xue Min (half on whatever Xue Min wants to do, half on whatever goons vote for)

LLSix fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 28, 2021

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BO

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

D let's spend some time with Bailei while dhe makes the armor. We learned to help around the forge and do the menial tasks at least. We may not know how to Smith, but we know how to follow orders and help at a Smithy. If she is gonna push herself hard to get us this asap, I think helping out is kind.

O we haven't sparred in awhile, and Lumang is cool mostly.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BO

I think we've been neglecting Liuxue a bit lately in favor of Dash. We should make sure to maintain our bonds with all our friends as much as possible.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

D let's spend some time with Bailei while dhe makes the armor. We learned to help around the forge and do the menial tasks at least. We may not know how to Smith, but we know how to follow orders and help at a Smithy. If she is gonna push herself hard to get us this asap, I think helping out is kind.

This please

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

CD

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

There Bias Two posted:

BO

I think we've been neglecting Liuxue a bit lately in favor of Dash. We should make sure to maintain our bonds with all our friends as much as possible.

This

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
DP

I think it's a good idea to pump the bellows with Bailei and learn a bit more about how she's making the armor.

We may be getting another servant soon, best to consult Lu An about it.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 28, 2021

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
B, D

I agree, we've spent too little time with Liuxue recently, but I also really want to see how Bailei is getting along with her new spirit companion.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
O P

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

FB
Let's check in with Chew Chengzhang 1:1 to see how she's doing, maybe see if we can help get her into a crafting/production track and let's hang out with Liuxue some more.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

KittyEmpress posted:

+1

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
B Liuxue

KittyEmpress posted:

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I like this too.

DO

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

D
F

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I didn’t mention this in the armor making update because I forgot how expensive VEAs are. Y’all don’t currently have enough CP to buy any servants.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

If timing permits, we should get 3? this week? 1 from once born hospital, 2 from healing hall. That leaves us with 4 of five. Could always host a vote to turn in one of the diamonds we just got for the single CP needed to push us over to 5?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

KittyEmpress posted:

Sounds good.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

LLSix posted:

I didn’t mention this in the armor making update because I forgot how expensive VEAs are. Y’all don’t currently have enough CP to buy any servants.

Badass armor is more pressing anyway, but we could trade in our freebies from the elder today for CP right?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Toughy posted:

Badass armor is more pressing anyway, but we could trade in our freebies from the elder today for CP right?

Yessss. You get 2CP per VEA. The Job Hall very visibly and deliberately pays less CP than VEAs cost to buy from them.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
B

KittyEmpress posted:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I still plan on moving to a faster time progression. Soonish. I don't really have a solid plan for what that looks like yet though.

JT Jag posted:

KittyEmpress posted:

Sounds good.

Late Fall - (Lianhe, Water Week(5), Day 3)

Today Wotjeo and Pūmič woke up in a good mood. Today, they’d be learning from Healer Zhe Zhuru and Healing injured disciples, one of their favorite activities. Despite their eagerness to get to see Healer Zhe Zhuru again, they took the time to discuss what skills and training they should look for when hiring another servant with Lu An while they ate breakfast.

Afterwards they jogged to the Healer Hall to continue their training. Healer Zhe Zhuru greeted the duo with a hug. “Good morning. You did very well last week. I thought I might begin showing you a new technique to help heal broken bones. Unfortunately, it can take weeks to develop a new technique, as you experienced when learning your Dream Silver general purpose Healing Technique. We’ll need all the Healers we can get for the start of Juedouzhe month, next week and I don’t want to be interrupted in the middle of learning a new technique, so instead I think we’ll focus on how to make best use of what you’ve learned while working at the once-born hospital to allow your healing techniques to use less madra. How does that sound?”

Pūmič enthusiastically agreed and Wotjeo limited himself to silently nodding in approval of the plan.

Healer Zhe Zhuru took a more active role in Pūmič’s actions than usual. He still allowed/pushed her to diagnose and determine treatment plans on her own. When she was ready to begin Healing, he’d step in and ask questions that guided her to how to better integrate what Old Wupo had been teaching her with how she and Wotjeo used their healing techniques.

Word was slowly spreading about their new habit of dueling disciples who were rude to them. Most of the injured disciples they treated with Healer Zhe Zhuru’s advice were at least minimally polite. One disciple must not have heard, or possibly not believed the rumors about a dangerously strong ancestor-touched Healer apprentice with a spirit and was wildly insulting. Pūmič challenged him to a duel. The duel was delayed until he was recovered from his current injuries of course. The injuries were deep wounds that had been messily cauterized by the heat coming off the blaze boar’s tusks. Pūmič had to cut out the burned flesh so that her technique could heal the wounds correctly, but she still expected he’d be in fighting fit by tomorrow afternoon. The disciple called her a liar, and said he’d need at least a week to recover from burns like those, but it wasn’t like Pūmič could challenge him to a duel twice so she ignored it.

+1 CP
Experience
+35.4xp to Healing

Servant Auction?
Dreamwalking interludes

sparring with Lumang & Big Bailei
(Training 5) Spirit Strength Tutor + Help Big Bailei make armor

Armor delivery

Servant Auction?
Dreamwalking interludes

Elder Dantians
( Social 1) Elder Physical Stat Improvements + Repay Liuxue favor by making friends with Qiqiang Haruhia & Wuye - the black shadow panther girl
(Training 1) Healing Lessons with Zhe Zhuru CP raise? Or new bone healing technique?
(Training 2) Healing Lessons with Old Wupo
New schedule format?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Some idiots just don't know when to quit, do they?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
:beerpal:

Guess we're getting some more income.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

No raise this week, but this idiots stuff will make up for it.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Late Fall - (Lianhe, Water Week(5), Day 3) continued

Wotjeo and Pūmič made their goodbyes to Healer Zhe Zhuru and the once-born servant helpers at the Healer’s Hall. It did not take long to cross the plaza from the Healer’s Hall to the Lesson Hall to meet her friends to spar. Especially not when Wotjeo and Pūmič jogged, as they usually did.

Despite how little time it took them to get there, Lumang and Big Bailei and Keaiweizao were already sparring when the duo arrived. The tiny dragon Wotjeo and Pūmič had helped Big Bailei befriend didn’t even come up to Lumang’s ankles. That didn’t stop the dragon spirit from bravely attacking. Lumang had to step fast to avoid getting his toes scorched by Keaiweizao’s flaming breath, but that didn’t stop him from winning the spar.

Pūmič hugged Big Bailei when the other three stopped practice fighting. “Congratulations on advancing!”

Big Bailei’s laugh was half-please, half-embarrassed. “OH! RIGHT. I BROKE THROUGH LAST WEEK AND RETURNED THE TRAINING AIDS LUMANG LOANED ME, BUT YOU WEREN’T HERE THEN. CARE TO GO A ROUND, I’M WORRIED I GOT RUSTY.”

The friends spent the rest of the evening helping each other improve their fighting skills, except for Dashuijie. She watched indulgently from near the pond of water while they spared and healed any minor injuries they accidentally inflicted on each other when they didn’t pull their attacks enough. Other than opening every fight with a thrown dragon’s tooth, Pūmič focused on practicing with her topaz hilt. The other’s appreciated the opportunity to practice fighting against other weapon types.

ExperienceThrowing gains 2xp
Metal Guidance Technique gains 2xp and advances a rank, each throw now takes 70 madra
Melee Weapons 4XP
Topaz Hilt gains 4xp

Late Fall - (Lianhe, Water Week(5), Day 4)

The next day Wotjeo and Pūmič meet up with Dashuijie to assist at the once-born hospital and learn from Old Wupo much like last week. As they’re arriving, they see Jo An sprinting towards them. Her iron gun is sheathed at an angle on her back so that the sparkling green emerald on top of it bobs over her shoulder as she runs. Between her short green hair, sparkling green emerald, and green robes, the other Healer disciple has a very clear theme. Just about the only thing about her that isn’t green is her tanned skin.

Jo An gasps for breath as she greets the two other girls politely, if not warmly. “Good morning Meidou Dashuijie, Luxing Pūmič. I think Jin Fu Mose Ah is starting to get suspicious about how I’m spending my time. I can’t stay long today.”

Pūmič kindly reassures her, despite the other girl only being here to pay off her debt to Pūmič . “That’s fine. Help as much as you can today, and leave when you need to.”

Dashuijie, Wotjeo, and Pūmič end up having to spend a little extra time healing injured once-born and those with imbalanced vital-essences, to cover for Jo An when she leaves early. Still, they finish sooner than they were able to last week when she didn’t come at all.

The friends spend the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon learning how humans are put together by taking their smelly corpses apart under the direction of a frequently cackling Old Wupo.

+1CP
Experience
Low madra healing gains 26xp

Saying goodbye to Old Wupo, Dashuijie, Wotjeo and Pūmič left the once-born hospital for the week. The Wotjeo was eager to get started on looking for a spirit Dashuijie could help, but first they had to challenge the rude disciple from last week. Surprisingly, when they got to the plaza, the disciple bent in half at the waist to them and apologized. "I should not have doubted you. By wounds are completely healed! Even the burns. I thought it would be at least a week before I could fight again. I apologize. Please take these two quartz VEAs. I would offer more, but it's the end of the month.

After extracting another apology to Wotjeo, Pūmič happily accepted. All she'd wanted in the first place was for people to stop being rude to them while they helped them.

Afterwards, Dashuijie follows Wotjeo and Pūmič back to the wooden cave they share with Liuxue and Bčiké. Pūmič invited her to spend the night so that she’d be able to gather some Dream vital-essence from the taller girl so Wotjeo could use it to find a potential spirit companion match.

Dashuijie completely charms Liuxue over dinner. The conversation is cheerful and friendly. Liuxue even invites Dashuijie to come visit again whenever she likes. Wotjeo and Pūmič don’t remember their shamrock-green haired friend ever doing that before.

Wotjeo and Pūmič have to stay up very late to gather Dream vital-essence from Dashuijie. It takes a long time for the people here to start making Dream vital-essence even after going to sleep; unlike Silver Bears who start making Dream vital-essence almost as soon as they close their eyes.

Wotjeo and Pūmič thought they’d had a good handle on Dreamwalking. Tonight proved to them both, how very shallow their understanding had been. Unlike the previous times they’d used Dream vital-essence to guide their Dreamwalking, as soon as they stepped into the Dream they were seized by visions. Each vision lasted just long enough for them to fully understand it, before they were forcibly dragged to the next.

The first vision was of a spring, pure and bubbling. The trees around it had full green leaves even so late in fall. Injured spirits came to drink from it, and were made whole and healthy. The injured animals stayed and knelt to the spring, like once-born servants knelt to their twice-born owners.

The second vision was of a dry-barren land. Nothing lived there. Nothing moved. Not even the wind. The vision went on and on and on. Only when did the dread emptiness of the land was fully impressed on the two Dreamwalkers was their vision guided upwards. There, they saw a small, lonely cloud in an otherwise empty sky. Gentle rain sprinkled from the cloud. Where the raindrops touched the barren land, life bloomed. An orderly and beautiful procession of flowers grew. The lovely flower heads all grew facing the lonely cloud and it’s life-giving rain.

The third vision was of the most beautiful bird the duo had ever seen. It’s white feather’s shone purer than silver. It’s long, slender neck was the essence of elegant grace. When it’s wing’s beat, even the vortices of air stirred up by it’s flight was enchantingly lovely. The pair could not help but lose themselves in the half-seen, half-hidden, patterns it made, always on the edge of comprehension. A flock of lesser birds followed the great white bird.

After the third vision, Wotjeo and Pūmič were dragged back to the first vision. The visions repeated over and over again. The two were powerless to change the visions or move away from them. The had one last thing to try before giving up and attempting to step out of the Dream. They picked one of the visions and focused on it.

1) Which vision did they focus on?
A. The bubbling healing spring
B. The life-giving cloud in a barren land
C. The beautiful bird
Write in

Servant Auction?
Dreamwalking interludes

(Training 5) Spirit Strength Tutor + Help Big Bailei make armor

Armor delivery

Servant Auction?
Dreamwalking interludes

Elder Dantians
(Training 1) Healing Lessons with Zhe Zhuru CP raise? Or new bone healing technique?
(Training 2) Healing Lessons with Old Wupo
New schedule format?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

A and B both seem better fit to Dash's job as a healer.

However, they also both seem to exist in their environments providing something well needed (healing and sustenance) and I'd feel bad for going to steal those things.

So I'm voting to focus on C. Most people probably dont wanna be healed by a spirit anyways.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

The bird definitely seems air-themed.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yeah, I think C is a good match

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B

Lets get her her own Nimbus

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

There are two ways I can think that these dreams are working: One is that we are looking at ideal spirits, but since we don't know of any desert wasteland near us that seems unusual. The second is that we are looking at facets of her personality as we try to hone in on what would be compatible with her.

If it is personality facets -

A is how she feels superior over those that she heals, especially the once-born. We already know she feels superior over them, even if she is nice.
B is how she is a healer in a people who deal in little other than death, she feels that she is the sole source of life to those who would otherwise die.
C is how she enjoys life, and enjoys being in the company of others even if she feels that she is the most important one.

I vote we focus on C because she needs a companion who grounds her and acts as her friend.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

I think these are metaphorical dreams of herself. We need to pick one that the spirit's own dreams will resonate with.

I think B is the most positive part of herself, giving life and beauty to a desert (her fighty adopted homeland?). A is about the social status and favors she gets for healing. C is about her desire for beauty, grace, and social superiority.

All three are kind of high faluting and aloof, that may just be fundamental to who she is.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
C, because Cranes are awesome.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I wonder how well Dash is going to fare on this excursion. Seems like something she'd be even more uncomfortable with than Bailei, given that she has focused her skills primarily in healing and socializing. To that end I wonder if Lumang is going to end up tagging along.

B and C both seem fine to me, so I'll vote B since it's further behind.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
C

We should also bring Liuxue with us when we go find Dash a spirit companion. Mainly to have big house bonding time for Pumie, and more muscle for the trip since Dash doesn't seem very combat/survival oriented

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

B

:yayclod: spreading joy wherever he goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

B

I think these are metaphorical dreams of herself. We need to pick one that the spirit's own dreams will resonate with.

I think B is the most positive part of herself, giving life and beauty to a desert (her fighty adopted homeland?). A is about the social status and favors she gets for healing. C is about her desire for beauty, grace, and social superiority.

All three are kind of high faluting and aloof, that may just be fundamental to who she is.

yeah, agreed B