Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
M. We're scared and confused, but we trust our Papa and do as he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Long live Sundar

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
This might be something we want to share, that was a pretty scary dream.

Let's share it with Papa and Mama. That didn't feel like a normal dream.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

The Lone Badger posted:

Also start punching poo poo - trees, rocks, etc. We clearly need to toughen up our hands.

We're metal aligned. We need to see how we can draw more metal for our bones/fingernails like our brother. I want to ask pops how he got metal for a beard and how we can try to grow our own metal weaponry.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Does Papa have anything to say when we share our dream?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

paragon1 posted:

A
A
L-Open by braining him with our bow.

gently caress this bee actin' fool.

This right loving here.

In the goddamn mouth.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
B is our first lesson. Listen, don't do our own thing. To what extent does meditating distract us from listening in to the lesson?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Switching B to D

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
B: ask if we should do it.

Might find out why we shouldn't.

"Wotjeo says we could bring him with us. Would that be better?"

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Why tell anyone?

Besides "gently caress you, yes I can", this isn't really worth disclosing yet.

We don't stand to gain anything, it's just our own dick-measuring. A good data point for us to have, but not really much else.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Bremma posted:

This. You can bet a 4 year old will go to someone and be like "So and so says I can't do this, but I really can, watch!"

This makes sense.

The other approach of "because the storm is coming, see, it's an allegory and we need to warn our people of impending danger!" is lost on me, because... well, we're loving 4.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

paragon1 posted:

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I was saying, but change sister to aunt if it makes you feel any better.
(:ssh: Lots of children have adult or near adult siblings. It's not about the people involved's actual ages.)

Doesn't really feel like this place has much communal child rearing.

Pumie basically ran into Mina and then we found out that our family was on good terms, we weren't really introduced by Mama or Papa to her in any way.

LLSix, do we have aunts/uncles? Are we aware of extended family?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

bonus hole boy posted:

a jump of a few years after we wrap up current plot threads isn't a bad call just due to the limitations inherent in us being four, but it's not like what we're seeing now isn't interesting in its own way so I'm not overly bothered.

I wonder if it's meaningful that we don't have any bear aunts or uncles

Man, our immediate family seems pretty heavily ostracized. :(

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
A. We need to get our brother to gain some weight.
:ohdear:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
A.. Get ahead, then get revenge.

We need to see if Mina will grant us access to a vein.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
That was almost kind.

gently caress yeah, we're making progress.

Maybe now you believe that I can talk to my brother.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
We need to feed our brother a poo poo load of this vital essence crap.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

LLSix posted:

Elder Minaro groans and theatrically rubs his forehead. "I realize you are a very, deeply, incredibly ignorant little girl, but do please try to be just a little bit less stupid. It makes my head hurt when you say things like that. I already told you that's impossible."

Alright fucko.

Do the test again. This time, Wotjeo provides the answer for us.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Where's our BJ, Six?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Let's stop making enemies.

bonus hole boy posted:

ask Elder Minaro what 'mero dudla' means

F. Bring them a peace offering. Approach them individually. Try not to make enemies, as we've been asked to do.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
:ohdear:

We're living on top of some horror.

This dream poo poo rules.

"Can you ask around to see if someone knows what it means?"

How prevalent are other language speakers in our community? We should ask them.

vvv good point. Have we encountered different languages? How do we know those words weren't also gibberish? The repetition?

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 12, 2019

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
B C'mon Wotjoe, let's get beefy, and fight some little baby pissbitches

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
AG

I'm trusting you. If you tell Bato how I get here, I'll make sure you regret it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I'm invested, but undecided. We only got 3 months of training.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

LLSix posted:

I try to avoid having votes over stuff where one choice is clearly the best. So when I get write-ins like Mr. Prokosch that kick the vote back to the me, it leaves me in a difficult position. If I did a good job of coming up with options then I genuinely don’t know which is optimal. I tried to honor the spirit of the write-in by considering what effect that kind of flattery would have but still didn’t know what lesson to pick next so I rolled the die again and got Dream Mirror which made me pretty happy because I thought it was a cool idea. I ended up having Minaro teach you that and stretch out the lessons a little bit thanks to the flattery. I hope that satisfies at least part of the spirit of the vote.

I feel this is certainly fair. Well handled.

DJ: Mina can teach us some useful skills. I'm hoping she'll be a better teacher than Amiya, though we could probably work with her as well. Spend most of our time practicing our techniques from the Elder.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

SerSpook posted:

FJ

e: I missed practicing the technique from the Elder. Absolutely do that, and also swap lessons with Felero. Dreamkeepers sound properly esoteric.

I do like the idea of making illusions and flinging around metal shards Magneto meets Professor X-style.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
B. I want to see how the Mirror technique fucks with Chuno.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Bremma posted:

C Braids are awesome and as other posters have noted, you can hide things in them.

Agreed
C

I'd be more excited to spend time with Mama after the tourney. Going out to gather with Mama would be lovely if we can supplement potionmaking.

poo poo, we don't know what skills Mama might have. Maybe we could bring our Felero and pay back some of the help he's given us.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 22, 2019

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
BE + Describe animal and person

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

The Lone Badger posted:

Based on how thick the (metaphorical) stench of blood was, I think this guy's a cannibal. We were picking up on some grade A Killing Intent.

A cannibal? Maybe he's just eaten wild game and doesn't cook it.

Either way, gently caress the polecat. Whatever the option was to tackle spirit companion could seriously backfire; ever put a cat on its back? We're not exactly wearing much right now. A housecat could hurt us, this thing is going to gently caress us up.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I did not see mom being a complete badass, but goddamn, lady!

Tell me about your loving daggers instead of combing my hair and I'll begin to give a poo poo about spending time with you...

(Also, spend time with mom and bring our pal, so we can learn to gather poo poo for his potion-brewing grandfather)

JT Jag posted:

If we can talk to our Mom's spirit companion, maybe we can get her to tell everyone we can already talk to Wotjeo.

I loved how it lost patience with us pretty immediately.

We were just told, "What're ya, retarded?" by a butterfly.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
B. We should double-team the human. I'm less worried about the companion than I am about any hidden abilities from the human. We know we can coordinate and communicate with ours, let's hope they're not there yet and we can leverage that advantage.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

CourValant posted:

/sigh I do so much want to be a Butterfly.

WTF? We did help safeguard the tribe last night from an intruder, and, was injured for it. How many other cubs have earned a 'Purple Heart'??

Vote: B. Try to double team the human

I was curious about this. Granted, we're idiots for charging out there, but we also brought the issue to everyone's attention.

Give us power-armor, Elders.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Maybe the front door faces a garden or an enclosed hunting ground, the "back door" is a choke point toward rival tribes' land/borders.

:shrug:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

chin up everything sucks posted:

Don't chase the polecat, make them both come to us by refusing to move. Act like our arm is hurt worse than it is... then grab the girl when she tries to push us, and spin around until she's dizzy and we can push her out!

I like this.
+1
If the companion is tossed, but the human remains in the circle, do we have to then fight the human or are they both disqualified?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

LLSix posted:

I'm moving next month and I've got a lot of work to do to get ready. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update next. Apologies. I'll update as soon as I can, but if I disappear for a bit at least you'll know why.

If you're moving to MI, I'll buy you a beer.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Write-in: Proud of our brother!

The curse has been lifted! Welcome back!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

LLSix posted:

1) Do you leave the arena like Papa told you
A. Yes
B. No, but I do yield
C. No, I'm fighting!
write in

2) How do you want to fight
G. Rely on your training from Mina and tackle your opponent, may the best Silver Bear win
H. Try to double team Decavo and let the silver bear spirit companion bit and claw you
I. Try to double team the Decavo's spirit companion and accept any damage he does to you
J. Use your dream mirror technique like Rodrigo and trick Decavo into leaping out of the arena
K. Use your dream mirror technique like Felero and attack Decavo from an unexpected direction
L. Use your dream mirror technique some other way (optional - how)
write in.

1) Not immediately, but we move to the edge
2) J. Let's see if we can get him to do something stupid, if that fails, hop out of the arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Edit: made a poo poo :dadjoke: and felt bad so I removed it.