Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CourValant posted:

I've had it with these boys.

Vote: S. Pretend to agree then all-out attack, except we're swinging our bag of pomegranates and the nuts like a sock full of doorknobs.

"Okay Bato, you win, you want my breakfast, come get it."

Since the tribe only respects strength and fighting, we're putting this Bully down. Then we declare ourselves the new leader of his little band of misfits.
Hell yeah, +1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Looks like they didn't take our shoes, so I'll count this as a win if we don't die here.

But that's a concern now. We need to find medical help, and that's more important than a day's lessons. Don't overexert. J. And A, let's be real here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Toughy posted:

Prove to Elder that we are indeed talking to our brother, have us at one end if the room blindfolded and brother with elder at the other and have Elder make symbols with his hands and we can call out/mimic them.

Or tell Mina/Papa/Mom and ask is it really not normal? You've been communicating since birth.
There's no point protesting to the Elder in the mood he's in right now.

I'm all for doing this experiment in front of Mina and getting her to tell him for us though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm up for a training montage until pre-adolescence, 8-11 years old.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

He was quite clear that he wouldn't heal our ears again, so as we focus on trying to find the dreamer let's work extra-hard to suppress the sounds. Only when we can at least mostly shut it out should we try to listen for the one we're looking for.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C: Ask for Felero to accompany us to and from class. Don't look for a fight, but be prepared for one if it happens. Offer to pass on some of our advanced teachings to him in exchange.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

B. Wotjeo is part of ourselves, and the most underdeveloped part of ourselves at that. If we are to get stronger, he must get stronger.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

F and J.

That rapid metal manipulation could become an equalizer in a fight against someone more physically powerful, but only if we master it. And as the Elders say, the best way to master something is to try and teach it to someone else. Any added grasp we get in Dream Madra manipulation from Felero is just a bonus, it might help us master our Dream Mirror.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C seems like the happy medium here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If we can talk to our Mom's spirit companion, maybe we can get her to tell everyone we can already talk to Wotjeo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Since we're both tin-tier, the dream mirror should work. D, and if we throw them off then we can fight on our terms.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Phew. Alright, we won a match, so we aren't a shame to the tribe. Now to try and make a run.

In this case, F seems too obvious, I kinda would think the kid might be ready for someone to counter the strategy from last fight.

It's also the best route we have to winning, so we have to sell it. Run around like crazy acting like we're chasing the polecat with no plan at all. Don't even look at our opponent, but have Wotjeo do it instead and warn us when they come into attack, and then counter. At our age the kids probably won't even take into consideration the possibility that we can communicate with our brother, we can use that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I agree with team Immediately move to the edge of the arena, see if we can trick Decavo, and if we can't immediately go out of bounds.

(side-goal: if we can't trick Decavo out of bounds with the Dream Mirror, try and taunt him into attacking us after we step out of the ring so he gets disqualified)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 2, 2019

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Slaan posted:

B & D- Split these with mama while we help her/she teaches us how to make treats
This.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

B, and

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Stand by until Decavo is properly beaten, then break it up before real damage occurs. "enough, he's down" not "leave him alone!" we want it clear that we didn't side with him but we won't allow cruelty.
This.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SerSpook posted:

C+E, also challenge him to a fair fight when both of us are recovered It is the Silver Bear Way.
Co-signed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, Decavo isn't the ringleader, he's just the one we've gotten in the most confrontations with.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

1: A/C - Grateful with a tinge of embarassment. We can't deny that we needed Papa's help here. But it does feel a little shameful to depend on him like this. We need to grow stronger.

2: L - Because it'll give us a better idea as to the resources of the valley, how people exploit it and grow stronger in ways beyond mere muscles. Knowing the wonders of the valley may help us Cultivate more efficiently.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Against-the-grain vote for I, to increase our defense and help our social stats

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Changing my vote to B.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

LLSix posted:

"What I think will happen is you’ll be able to learn how to gather Light vital essence to rechange your topaz hilt, but nothing else. That alone is no small thing. I only know how to gather two vital essences, and you’ll know how to gather three. I think you would at least be able to replenish your topaz hilt faster than it can on its own. The trainer I’m going to look for today will know more. We’ll talk more about what you’ll learn in the coming months after the festival is over.”
Even if we can't use proper Light techniques (and I get the feeling we won't be able to for now, but we might figure something out several winters down the line with our penchant for the spiritual), the fact that we'll be able to keep the weapon running longer than any non-Crystal Butterfly could is still real neat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

What, is there no route for us to complain that these were not the terms of the duel? We specifically challenged him to a fair fight when we were both recovered. Not to a fight tomorrow. Can't we come to the elders and reveal the whole deal with the Marbled Polecat death madra in our arm?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

One way or another we need to talk to Decavo and impress on him that this isn't fair.

If he feels guilty, it'll make Dream Mirror work far better on him than if he's enraged. If we use it on him when he's mad he might merely envision beating the poo poo out of us and continuing to do so.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

3 and 5 seem like no-brainers to me. 4 only if Mom is fully behind the idea. Definitely NOT 1, maybe 2 if we feel like we need it.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 4, 2019

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

malbogio posted:

Remember Elder Minaro has a forcefield amulet he lends to promising students to protect them from bullies who would interrupt their training. We are still a promising student and being exiled would interrupt our training. Aracato tripling the favor he asked of Minaro probably pissed him off.
Voting for this.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I think Pumie is furious right now. Not at Decavo, though. He was just a pawn, a sad boy being used in power games by Aracato, the fucker. And he's not the only one she's mad at. The Marbled Polecats are at fault for enabling him, and for loving up Pumie's arm, reducing her ability to fight straight up, forcing her hand into using so much madra which caused Decavo to hurt himself so bad. If our arm worked we might have been able to pin him after he was only kinda savaged.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I’m curious as to how the fight looked to everyone else. I imagine the first part of Decavo’s perspective, where he charges through a dream mirror and tries to track Pumie down, is accurate, and it diverges as soon as he “realized” she had closed the distance—- I imagine Pumie kept away from Decavo and dodged away whenever he broke through a mirror for the duration of the fight. So to most people, Pumie was playing keep away while Decavo and his bear beat the hell out of each other.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Teacher seems awesome, and while our progress in combat might stagnate a bit initially, I get the feeling mastering healing techniques will open the door to learning utterly horrifying body-destroying skills later on.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Also I appreciate how obvious it is that Curada had a hand in training Minaro when he was just a cub and no matter how skilled or prestigious he gets she'll never let him forget it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

EP

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more pissed I am at the Marble Polecats, their scout loving up Pumie's arm is what caused the cascade of bad decisions in the first place. We never would have yielded if we were in good condition, and if we hadn't yielded none of the other stuff would have happened.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

D. Always pay your debts.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

1. B/C: Focus on precision instead of trying to forcibly shape the entire lump. Try to mold it into difficult shapes, and don’t fight back when it reverts. Stop if we think a headache is even close to returning.

2. Spend time with friends. Visit with Felero, shop for something with Rubia, try to make new friends if we can.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 15, 2019

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Arcturas posted:

Apprenticeship:

C. Potions

Spare Time:
M. Enlacio & weapons
N. Friendship! (and social skills...)

Minor action time:
Convince Felero to spend some of our hang-out time taking fighting lessons from Mina. It'd be neat if we hung out with our friends Felero, Amiya, and Mina all together! And Felero needs to learn how to punch mans.
This.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I also support the idea of getting Felero to join in on a potions apprenticeship.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

What to do about Chuno?

We should pick Option B - Let him stay, because:

1. Chuno laughed at Bato when we insulted Bato at the start of our training under Elder Minaro, which suggest that Chuno's salvageable and not a total craven sycophant:

2. Chuno has a powerful mother, so it'd be highly rewarding to cultivate his friendship:

Sharing Secret Techniques

Option J - Don't pressure Silvia or Zoa to share their secret techniques. We have plenty of time to gain their trust and win their affection.
I'll go with Plan Railrunner here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So, let's be real: Pumie is almost certainly not going to become a Potion Brewer, and Felero will almost certainly become a Dream Keeper. But we owe it to Abealo to help him find an Apprentice, because he has many things to teach and Potion Brewing is an important, if overlooked, role in the clan. Therefore...

LLSix posted:

Ximena is the five winters old daughter of a female miner with orangish-brown hair named Calandria. Calandria’s husband was killed while raiding the Corazon Chamois for rare herbs that only grow on the upper slopes of the valley in their territory.  Ximena took her papa’s death hard. She is quiet and withdrawn, traits which did not endear her to Elder Minaro or the other girls in her age group as they are both exuberantly outgoing. Instead of taking an apprenticeship, she opted to stay home and help her single mother.  She likes cooking and is thinking of trying for a Farmer or Potion Brewer apprenticeship next winter.
This is incredibly important information. We should introduce Ximena to Abealo as soon as possible, and suggest she become his Apprentice when we move on to something else next year.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

The end result and goal of Plan Friendship is Kungfu is that we have people to do the hair-needle-launching for us while we sit back in a safe place, sip a nice cool mojito and watch the explosions.
Don't need to be able to take on an entire army singlehandedly when you have an army of your own and can still take on an entire squadron singlehandedly

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

D, in no small part because spending more time with the Dreamkeepers will mean more time with Felero, who I think Pumie might be developing a little crush on without really knowing what that even is. I still think we end up working with Curada long-term, and I still really wanna hook Abealo with an apprentice that will stick long-term.